Create Account

S32 PbPs News and Notes

Hey guys, the S32 playoffs are finally upon us! I'm excited to see what comes out of this season!

First of all, if you came here looking for the signups for round one, that thread will be up tomorrow and open Sunday evening (probably around 9 PM EST). I just wanted to get this up so that people saw some of the changes for this season. So what's this thread all about?

I. Signup Format

Just like last season, we'll be keeping the rule that you can only sign up for your own league's games for the first 48 hours, and the signup thread will go up at least 18 hours in advance of the time it will open (and I'll stagger the opening times so it's different each round to hopefully hit different time zones).

Also like last season, for the first 48 hours of signups S33 draftees will not be eligible for signups. This draws from the SMJHL Player Progression system in which DFAs are not eligible for PTs (so sorry to you early TPE whores out there).

II. Time Limits

This is the fourth or fifth season I've run play by plays, and I've never really been strict on time. I always say 12 hours to respond/18 hours to start, but I've never really enforced it to the letter unless it got to be a good number of hours more than that. However, seeing to try and keep things moving this season I am going to be much more strict about this. If you aren't responding to me to confirm you got the game links or starting your games within the proper time limits, you will lose your game. I'll do my best to warn people if they're getting close, but no guarantees.

If timing is going to be an issue for your game, talk to me in advance (not 10 minutes before you were supposed to do it) and we can try and work something out.

Also along with this, if PbPs start to drag on for hours on end I'll be letting you know to hurry it up so that we can keep the series going. The round predictions PTs wait on PbPs to get done, so we need to keep it moving.

III. Backups

Last season I got rid of the signups to backup because it never ended up working out. Well, that didn't work out too well either. So, this season let's try something new again.

In every round, whether the game you wanted is filled or you just want to be on the list rather than signup for a game, you can signup for the backup list instead. Backups will be mass PM'd at the time they are needed, and will have half an hour to respond before the game will be open to anyone. You can only sign up for the backup list or a specific game, not both. If your series ends before your game (and the results are public by then), you will automatically be added to the backup list for that round.

IV. Bonuses

Functionally no change here, more just an apology for taking so long last season to get those out to all of you and a promise that I'll be better about it this season. Just happened at a bad time for me and I never got around to it.

If you're curious as to how bonuses are calculated, the main things looked at are basically timeliness (did you do the PbP in literally 15 minutes or take almost half a day, or did you leave for 6 hours in the middle, etc) and whether you went above and beyond to make the PbP interesting for people, whether that be adding in photos or contests for people watching, or doing whatever <a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-52'>ToeDragon84</a> did last season - it's basically the creativity element, doing more than you had to gets you a bonus.

V. Have Fun!

Seriously, remember to have fun. I know I said I'm going to be stricter on the rules this season to keep things going at a proper pace, but this shouldn't be a chore where you just check a few boxes to get that TPE. Have fun with it, and other people who come to watch your game will have fun too.

See you guys on Sunday for the first signup cycle!

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Give precedent for those people who haven't done one yet.

Kthnxbye

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Anyone not named ArGar gets first dibs

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Mook@Jan 7 2017, 01:22 PM
Anyone not named ArGar gets first dibs

Good rule. I'll add it.

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

We ever going to get our bonuses from these things Wink

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

<a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Eggy216</a> Still alive? Please send halp?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Rabidsponge21@Feb 27 2017, 11:19 AM
<a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Eggy216</a> Still alive? Please send halp?

I answered you yesterday in discord. I stepped away from the site for a bit to take care of some things with my life and I just started going through them yesterday. I have the SMJHL playoffs done and the SHL/SMJHL Fantasy Series left to do.

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Feb 27 2017, 10:23 AM

I answered you yesterday in discord. I stepped away from the site for a bit to take care of some things with my life and I just started going through them yesterday. I have the SMJHL playoffs done and the SHL/SMJHL Fantasy Series left to do.

Hope you're doing better now, if not good luck with what you're dealing with!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Quote:Originally posted by TommySalami@Feb 27 2017, 07:41 PM

Hope you're doing better now, if not good luck with what you're dealing with!

It's all good now, just busy at this point.

All the SMJHL games are done, just have to do SHL and then I'll have the thread up. So hopefully tomorrow.

Should be up tonight.

Fantasy draft money today/tomorrow too, if you care about that.

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Mar 7 2017, 07:36 PM
Should be up tonight.

Fantasy draft money today/tomorrow too, if you care about that.

Ahh Yay Ahh Yay Ahh Yay

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Thread will be up tomorrow and open Monday.

Was at the Sabres game in Columbus last night and going to the game in Buffalo tonight so a bit of traveling lol

Just had a thought while waiting for a fantasy league PbP, but has anyone done a duo-PbP? One as the play-by-play and the other as the color commentator?

If so, how'd it go - was it well-received or not? Too difficult?

I think under some circumstances it could be a little more difficult to pull off (e.g. I'm imagining user 1 write the PbP and sends it to player 2 to commentate). But if done well I wonder if it could be entertaining or not.

Any thoughts?

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dnL@Apr 5 2017, 08:16 PM
Just had a thought while waiting for a fantasy league PbP, but has anyone done a duo-PbP? One as the play-by-play and the other as the color commentator?

If so, how'd it go - was it well-received or not? Too difficult?

I think under some circumstances it could be a little more difficult to pull off (e.g. I'm imagining user 1 write the PbP and sends it to player 2 to commentate). But if done well I wonder if it could be entertaining or not.

Any thoughts?

People bring it up all the time, but I don't think anyone's ever actually done one.