Create Account

S32 SHL All-Stars

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 5 2017, 02:32 PM

We did it one season where people wrote down their picks on a ballot like you set up, so there was no copying and pasting.

Going back to that with three teams is the way we should go, and not divert from that format. I don't like that we change the all star format so often.

Will keep it in mind. Im not going anywhere, so change is likely not going to be drastic if it does.

Only issue I have with three all-star teams in a 14-team league is i felt it takes away from the "premier" feeling. Id like it to become possibly a considered attribute towards Hall of Fame entrance, when 18 players are named we are nearly talking one whole team and I dont see the glory if the purpose is not to have an All-Star game itself.

I mean i would honestly like to change it from S## All-Star 1st Team to S## All-SHL 1st Team as well.

[Image: Wally.png]

3rd all star team selections aren't going to get someone into the Hall. But it is nice to acknowledge guys who may have had good seasons but were overshadowed. Especially since we have done it like this for a number of seasons already.

At the very least decisions should be discussed before actually being made. This kind of inconsistency is maddening for someone who has made an effort to actually track these kinds of things.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Should be an East team and a West team tbh

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Quote:Originally posted by Muerto@Feb 5 2017, 03:12 PM
Should be an East team and a West team tbh

Booooooooooo Wendy Boo.

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 5 2017, 03:10 PM
3rd all star team selections aren't going to get someone into the Hall. But it is nice to acknowledge guys who may have had good seasons but were overshadowed. Especially since we have done it like this for a number of seasons already.

At the very least decisions should be discussed before actually being made. This kind of inconsistency is maddening for someone who has made an effort to actually track these kinds of things.

I am and was fully aware of what c, Bottas, and Atlas did leading up to myself. That is why I made the Honorable Mentions and kept the All-Rookie team. I like the ability of mentioning good seasons with the Honorable Mention list then honor those with great seasons by utilizing the 1st and 2nd Teams.

I'm not sure what process you use in tracking this, but I respect the fact you do. Does this mean that the reversal of changes you want will happen? Not necessarily, but as I've stated I will always listen to ideas and WE will readdress next off-season.

[Image: Wally.png]

I like this format personally.

To add onto what Argar said, yah third team and even second team all star selections will not help you in the HOF, it's first team or nothing.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Little confused on some selections but never the less not too bad! Congrats to all.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Feb 5 2017, 11:20 AM

I think we tried setting it up a few times before, but we use different engines and settings and so it wouldn't actually work.

They aren't adaptable at all? I mean that would make it cool for like a "home field advantage". But if it is to much work, makes sense it hasn't happened.

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Feb 5 2017, 03:38 PM

They aren't adaptable at all? I mean that would make it cool for like a "home field advantage". But if it is to much work, makes sense it hasn't happened.

we also have a lot more TPE on here than VHL players

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]