Create Account

Marley/Banackock suspension

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Feb 13 2017, 01:14 AM

[Image: ET0LeJe.gif]
<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvzLd26qSLc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvzLd26qSLc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Manko ga daisuki

Really think the punishment shouldn't be needed, it's not like he tried to hide it. His player wasn't even in an active contract. I think the HO should have just retired the player and move on with it. I don't think he really knew he was breaking the rules here, or he would have not dropped the hints, people can't be that stupid though.

So hope all goes well for him from here and that he will continue with the player when he gets back and has some fun with it again.

Here is a puppy, now all hug and make up.

[Image: Marley-Me-marley-and-me-13563570-1600-1200.jpg]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Quote:Originally posted by Green@Feb 13 2017, 01:29 AM
. I don't think he really knew he was breaking the rules here

Banack knows the rules, he's been on this site forever and has been a GM before. He absolutely knew having two players, regardless of their status, was against the rules.

But what do I know, I'm one of the antisocial internet bully nerds or w/e

this thread sucks

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

good ol SHL picking and choosing who to punish. Merica breaks the same rule but since hes Merica its ok. Legend broke the rule but its ok hes a new guy. hell <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>CRUTCHFIELD</a> had truck stroker or some stupid shit that he admitted too after the fact that "Truck" had been retired basically missing out on punishment of two players because we didnt know of it at the time. anyways he probably woudnt get punished anyway.

oh well. SHL just moves on with biased punishment.

Hi Banack! why you did that to us? :((

Wolfi is UFA now because you dont trained him :(

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by TheLastOlympian07@Feb 13 2017, 03:44 AM
good ol SHL picking and choosing who to punish. Merica breaks the same rule but since hes Merica its ok. Legend broke the rule but its ok hes a new guy. hell <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>CRUTCHFIELD</a> had truck stroker or some stupid shit that he admitted too after the fact that "Truck" had been retired basically missing out on punishment of two players because we didnt know of it at the time. anyways he probably woudnt get punished anyway.

oh well. SHL just moves on with biased punishment.

Now that I'm caught up my response has changed.

Not every situation is different. Banack confirmed he is in fact an idiot. He knew about Wolf, deliberately did not retire him, logged in under Banackok to transfer his money to Marley, bragged about his past players and that he was a GM and admitted to multiple people who he really was- it's as if he WANTED to get caught.

Please don't compare myself or legend to banackok, there are pretty clear differences.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Feb 13 2017, 12:56 AM

You aren't wrong. The only difference comes down to who was in charge at the time and how they interpreted and handled the situation, and yes I'll be the first admit that who the member in question is has a lot to do with how it's handled. HO can claim all they want that their objective, but that's laughable- they proved that with Gorlab.

If this was Nike, would he have been suspended? Probably not, but Banack has a bad past here so it's automatically construed as being of malicious intent and "he knew better".&nbsp; I'm of the opinion not every situation is the same, and[b] I personally don't feel Banack should be punished if he actually didn't know he still had a player,
because that'd make me a hypocrite.[/b]
He knew cause tried to get his bank transferred to his "new" account

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Feb 13 2017, 04:07 AM

He knew cause tried to get his bank transferred to his "new" account

Yeah that does kind of shatter his argument. It also shows your player name in the bank statement too.

Quote:Originally posted by Marley@Feb 12 2017, 05:29 PM

I just didn't want anything to do with the player or to retire him and cause a scene for the general public to see. I figured letting him remain and sit in the FA pool was fine. What harm did it do by not retiring him? I'm not running a multi. I just didn't retire my old player before transfering myself over to this account is all.

Of course I remember the bank account. It's not that I forgot about Wolf, I just didn't think about retiring him or anything.

Except that Wolf was on a team when you created Lindstrom, wasn't he? I don't see him in the index, but MAN didn't release Wolf to FA until the offseason. You created Lindstrom during the past season and played in the SMJHL playoffs. As others have said, you also tried to get your bank transferred over, and if you checked the bank spreadsheet, you would've seen that you were listed under MAN with Sven Wolf (I assume), indicating that you had a player under contract.

Add that to your rather smug bragging about having former HoF players on another account when a relatively new member wasn't as positive in his review of Lindstrom as you apparently wanted, and that this isn't an actual new account, it's one that was supposedly used by your friend/roommate in the past (and could've been a multi then, for all we know)... It gives a bad taste to it all, dude.

There's a pretty clear difference between Legend's case, where he (at least claimed that) he lost access to his old account and made a new one, his old player wasn't signed when he made his new player, he didn't try to access his old bank account, and he didn't try to lord his past success over anyone. (Though I still wasn't super happy with how easy he got off, tbh.)

I'm not sure what degree of punishment is merited here, but I do think it deserves something, not just a free pass.

Quote:Originally posted by Sorator@Feb 13 2017, 11:55 AM

Except that Wolf was on a team when you created Lindstrom, wasn't he? I don't see him in the index, but MAN didn't release Wolf to FA until the offseason. You created Lindstrom during the past season and played in the SMJHL playoffs. As others have said, you also tried to get your bank transferred over, and if you checked the bank spreadsheet, you would've seen that you were listed under MAN with Sven Wolf (I assume), indicating that you had a player under contract.

Add that to your rather smug bragging about having former HoF players on another account when a relatively new member wasn't as positive in his review of Lindstrom as you apparently wanted, and that this isn't an actual new account, it's one that was supposedly used by your friend/roommate in the past (and could've been a multi then, for all we know)... It gives a bad taste to it all, dude.

There's a pretty clear difference between Legend's case, where he (at least claimed that) he lost access to his old account and made a new one, his old player wasn't signed when he made his new player, he didn't try to access his old bank account, and he didn't try to lord his past success over anyone. (Though I still wasn't super happy with how easy he got off, tbh.)

I'm not sure what degree of punishment is merited here, but I do think it deserves something, not just a free pass.

we released him after the Szlerchek Signing! so last week Wink
but that is really hard to see that he dont go forward with Wolfi and create a new account + player!
:(

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Been following this thread and reading what do people say. I think that after 12 or so pages of discussion I will add my thoughts as well.

1. The comparison to Merica - This one is pretty easy as it was pointed out several times that back then the rules were different. This case is not even about the fact that he told about him making a new account to the right people. This all goes down to the fact that rules and laws, same as in real life, do not work backwards, but only forwards. That means that if such rule about multies were implemented in s14 then everyone who had a multi until that season would be safe. So this comparison is wrong.

2. Banack aka Marley not doing harm - True here, that no real harm was done, but again, that does not mean you are allowed to go against the rules. But the real question is - did there was no harm intended? I can answer to this question - there was! Here is explanation of it. I am SMJHL banker and I received a private message from Marley where he asked me to transfer his old account money to his new one. As I never done this before and was not sure about ruling on this, I forwarded the message to prettyburn as the head of the bank. Then I found out that I am not the only person he has asked to do it. So he knew that what he is doing could get him in trouble, so he was trying to get someone to transfer his money so he could shut up about it and crawl back into being just Marley without anyone noticing. Instead of that he got caught and was put on trial.

All in all I belive that this punishment is on point and he should just be allowed to choose one of the accounts and if he chooses to stay with Marley then no funds should be transferred as a punishment. But hell, now we know that Marley is the same Banack, so probably we can expect another account....except this time I hope he will act smarter!

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by iOBESE@Feb 13 2017, 06:02 AM
Been following this thread and reading what do people say. I think that after 12 or so pages of discussion I will add my thoughts as well.

[b]1. The comparison to Meric
a - This one is pretty easy as it was pointed out several times that back then the rules were different. This case is not even about the fact that he told about him making a new account to the right people. This all goes down to the fact that rules and laws, same as in real life, do not work backwards, but only forwards. That means that if such rule about multies were implemented in s14 then everyone who had a multi until that season would be safe. So this comparison is wrong.

2. Banack aka Marley not doing harm - True here, that no real harm was done, but again, that does not mean you are allowed to go against the rules. But the real question is - did there was no harm intended? I can answer to this question - there was! Here is explanation of it. I am SMJHL banker and I received a private message from Marley where he asked me to transfer his old account money to his new one. As I never done this before and was not sure about ruling on this, I forwarded the message to prettyburn as the head of the bank. Then I found out that I am not the only person he has asked to do it. So he knew that what he is doing could get him in trouble, so he was trying to get someone to transfer his money so he could shut up about it and crawl back into being just Marley without anyone noticing. Instead of that he got caught and was put on trial.

All in all I belive that this punishment is on point and he should just be allowed to choose one of the accounts and if he chooses to stay with Marley then no funds should be transferred as a punishment. But hell, now we know that Marley is the same Banack, so probably we can expect another account....except this time I hope he will act smarter![/b]

The rule was there when I made a new account, but the situation is a 180 from what happened here.

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Feb 13 2017, 11:49 AM

The rule was there when I made a new account, but the situation is a 180 from what happened here.
Alright! But I understand you did not go behind the back and you informed and asked for permission? Anyways, this is not about you and when you do something wrong you don't point fingers on others. You man up and take the responsibility for it.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]