Create Account

Eastern Conference wild card spots

So, currently:

WC1 -- NYR GP(73) PTS(94) DF(+41)
WC2 -- TOR GP(71) PTS(81) DF(+6)

as of games played this evening.

Taking a look at the teams that are within 6 points (because I feel like three games with 8-11 left in the reg season is more than a fair margin of consideration) of WC2, you've got the following contending for the wild card still:

1. NYI GP(71) PTS(78) DF(-8)
2. TBL GP(72) PTS(77) DF(-5)
3. CAR GP(71) PTS(75) DF(-20)

Granted I might be a victim of tunnel-vision because of the fact that I'm admittedly a NYI fan, but I feel like tomorrow's game against the Rangers is kind of pivotal, not just because points, but in terms of actually generating enough forwards motion to carry us through our last 11 games; we've played like shit since we came home from our roadie last week.

Tampa lost (lost!Wink to the Coyotes tonight, which I'm a little surprised about, but have still managed to be more consistent than the Isles all year, and the 'Canes... are the 'Canes. I almost wouldn't be upset if they pulled off clinching playoff berth because it's the Hurricanes.

Both Carolina and Tampa have much easier schedules ahead of them to close out their seasons -- something also worth considering.

Who do you see winding up the wild card seeds come the end of the regular season?

I think the Rangers and Bruins (Toronto moves into 3rd in the Atlantic) finish in the WC. NYR #1, BOS #2.

Just my opinion though, and I don't know the teams' remaining schedule, which could obviously change things.

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

I hadn't even thought about the possibility of Boston dropping tbh -- although looking at their schedules, Boston and Toronto both look to take in the ballpark of 4-5 points over the next four games (glancing back through the schedules and withholding points if they're slated against a team they've lost to repeatedly or by a large margin).

Boston's coming off a three game losing streak, but they've slaughtered Tampa every time they've matched up this season, so if they win on Thursday and carry that forward for the next three after, you could wind up right

GLEAFS 💯 will take 3rd place over Boston for sure

[Image: dweaves08.gif]

[Image: lLWfTOT.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dweaves08@Mar 24 2017, 09:58 PM
GLEAFS 💯 will take 3rd place over Boston for sure

i could dig it

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Currently:
  • TOR holds 3rd in the Atlantic with 85 points and 73 games played
  • BOS holds the 2nd WC with 82 points and 74 games played
  • NYI have 82 points in 74 GP, losing the tiebreak with BOS
  • TBL have 81 points in 74 GP
Still pretty up in the air, but it's looking more and more likely that Toronto makes it in ahead of the wildcard teams.