Create Account

S33 Championship Week

THIS TASK IS OPEN TO SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT OPEN TO SMJHL ROOKIES.

Championship week is finally here!

Pick four of the tasks below, worth three uncapped TPE each. There is also a bonus question, worth one extra uncapped TPE, for a total of 13 possible TPE. Doing more than four tasks will not gain you any extra TPE.

NOTE: Any of these tasks (bar 6) can be either SHL or SMJHL.

Code:
TASK ONE
Design a rally towel for a playoff game of your choosing. Must include the team logo.

TASK TWO
Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must have 3 stats minimum, two player renders and team logos.

TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

TASK FOUR
Create a game ticket for any playoff game in S33. Must include the home team's logo.

TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

TASK SIX
Make the Championship banner that goes across the top of the site, must include the team name, logo and at least one render.

TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning game sim, even if that happens before the conclusion of CW)

Deadline: Saturday April 1st, 7PM EST

Note: CW will be graded on a pass/fail rubric. Put some effort in and you'll get full marks. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

There's only one choice for anyone to be the MVP of the playoffs. Since the league usually chooses an MVP on a team in the Challenge Cup Finals, this eliminates the best performer on the ice, Kristian Eriksson. His 17 points are ridiculous, and for him to be out of the Final is a travesty. Not even Randleman's team-high scoring is on par with Toronto's offense. This also limits our choices in terms of goaltender, as the Eastern candidate between the pipes has been decent at best.
Hunter Wong, however, is standing on his head in ways seen last year during their Cup win. His 92.4% save percentage and 2.04 GAA are best in the playoffs this season and should bolster his McBride candidacy resume, if anything. Goalies are a bit unpopular in terms of winning awards, but Wong should win the MVP hands-down. There's no one else in the Finals who has dominated the game quite like this veteran Cup-winning goalie.

TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

Color commentator: And as we start the first intermission of Game 1, we are joined by none other than Viatcheslav Orlov of the Seattle Riot. Slava, good to see you!
Orlov: Thanks for having me. I'm still not quite sure why I'm on the broadcast tonight, but hey, free seats to the best playoff series in sports.
Commentator: We wanted to bring you into the studio to discuss strategy. Now, New England and Calgary are staunch defensive teams and haven't allowed the other to score. As a defender...
Orlov: Wait, no, seriously, did the producers even think this through? There are so many other people to bring in here. Legendary players could be here giving historical context. Am I just a consolation prize for not getting the GOAT Steven Jalopski to talk SHL defense?
Commentator: I'm sorry if we hurt your feeings, but this is how shoebox works: get the big names to comment on the big games.
Orlov: Alright then, bring them out. I'll just chill here watching Alex Mack's 12 lovers clean the ice for a while.
Commentator: Uh...

TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

Viatcheslav Orlov was not a big point producer this season. His 22 points were not that spectacular at all, in comparison with the rest of the SHL. What mattered more than quantity was quality, and Orlov's production came at just the right time for the Riot in every case. Out of Slava's 6 goals this season, 2 were game winners and 2 more were game tiers. That's over 50% of one players goal production literally defining a game. This never used to happen for the defensive defender.
What also used to not happen were penalties and that shit sure changed this season. At one point, Orlov defended the fight crown and the Turd Ferguson Trophy while playing for Seattle. Fans would root for Orlov to fight during home games, and this sort of Enforcer connection with the fan base helped Orlov immensely when the 1st round sweep happened. If the fans weren't there to comfort Orlov and his mates on the blue line, more folks would leave for free agency than there are now.
The highlight of all this would have to be his Gordie Howe hatty in the first rivalry game of the season. Against Minnesota, Orlov registered the eventual game winning goal, a fight with a rookie, and an assist on a goal to extend the lead. A truly inspiring performance for someone dedicated to their end of the ice.

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

You really want to know the dirty secret of the SHL? The New England Wolfpack shouldn't be in the Finals this year. Yeah, that's right. The Lilluminati is up to it again folks, and the center structure of this winning Ponzi scheme is none other than the PT Director himself, <a href='index.php?showuser=2104' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>jjaybs</a>. Yes, if it wasn't for him, the Wolfpack wouldn't have the ability to rely upon steroid-infused Mikke Laukkanen in net, taking help from defenseless PT participants to make his team better. This and this alone is why Laukkanen was a top 3 goaltender in S33, and the netminding was the start of everything for this sack of cheaters.
I'd reckon that the true winners of this playoff should have been lonely Toronto because of New England's blatant disregard for respect to the league. Erikkson played so well this time around that there should have been no way he could lose. Only reason he did? <a href='index.php?showuser=2104' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>jjaybs</a> threatening to remove TPE from the Manhattan Rage defensive core, a weak spot of the simmer. Lesson learned: wanna win? Play for <a href='index.php?showuser=2104' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>jjaybs</a>.

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal?
Michael Boychuk

Cup winning goal: Schnitinfritz Jagr

TASK THREE

Before the finals started, I would more than likely pick one of Hunter Wong, Randy Randelman or Mainio Mäkinen to be the MVP. My personal guess on who might win it is Randy Randelman.

In 10 games he has 6+9 points, that total is the second best in the playoffs and now that the finals are well underway, you more than likely will see Randy on the score sheet again. A lot of the MVP selection goes to of course who wins the cup, if you got multiple guys who have played hell of a playoffs, quite often the winner for MVP award is found from the cup winning team.

Hunger Wong has been great in net for Calgary so far, 92,4 saving percentage and if Calgary now goes and wins the cup, I could easily see him being high on the MVP candidate list, you cant really win the cup without a excellent goalie performance.

From New England, Mainio Mäkinen has 6+8 in 12 games, that total also before the finals, so like with Randy, he will more than likely add more to those totals. Why Mainio and Randy though? Well, they both are leading their teams in scoring, but also play on the PK. Mainio with 39 minutes and Randy with 17. Players who are behind the two in scoring do not have as high minutes on the PK, does it really matter? I think it does little bit, since playing on the PK usually means at least some ability to the two-way game.

Mainio is not as physical as Randy, Mainio only has 1 hit so far, Randy has 22 and Randy has even dropped his gloves 3 times so far in the playoffs.

So yea, Randy, Hunter or Mainio before the finals started are the front runners for MVP award in my mind, of course anything can happen during the finals and someone from outside the three can go lights out and be the difference maker.

(150+)

TASK FIVE

Mandy Rarsh: Hey Jorma! Can you give your thoughts after first period, Calgary playing really physically so far..
JR: Yea, they are a dirty team. You don´t hear about that often, but they are not afraid to use whatever it takes to win. Pierre-Luc Laflamme almost took my head off out there, that should have been five and game to him, but he only got two mins for it.
Mandy Rarsh: Still first game of the series, you think things will heat up?
JR: Things could get nasty if the refs cant keep things under control, game is still 0-0, so everything is possible.
Mandy Rarsh: What do you want to see in the second period?
JR: Goal or two would be rather tasty. We need to be able to keep things simple and be patient, try not to force pass if it´s not there. Also, I think it goes without saying, but we really cant take any penalties, it´s been a tight game so far, one bad penalty can be the difference between win and loss today!
Mandry Rarsh: Thanks JR and good luck!
JR: Thanks!
(150+)

TASK SEVEN

Making the playoffs is always something that makes me feel good, but from a personal point of view this year was a good one. I managed to collect 40 assists in 50 games, those 40 assists is the most I have gotten during one season, ever!

I don´t usually set any goal or point targets for myself before season starts, this year was not any different, so having a year like this came as a surprise! It´s quite easy to guess that I will more than likely have more assists than goals when you look what kind of a player I am, but 40 assists? Damn, I´m pleased. 40 assist was the second highest total in SHL this year, only one player got more, Svensson from Edmonton had 41.

I also managed to ruin Edmonton assist parade, in total of three of their players reached top-4 in assists, I finished second, which also makes my pants feel bit tighter.

(150ish)

TASK EIGHT

I think the key for New England on making the playoffs and finals was the fact that they managed to keep the team together, at least most of it. They did trade Lundberg and Vas away after last season, but got ´only´ picks in return, so no immediate help on ice from the trades. That only meant that other players in the team had to perhaps push bit harder and take bigger roles than last season for example.

By the looks of it that was not a issue, New England had 7 players who scored 40 or more points, so the scoring depth was excellent. Having that depth absolutely showed during the season in winning streaks going from 3, 4 and even 9 wins long. New England collected the moist points during regular season with 67 in 50 games.

Laukkanen in net was the cherry on top of the cake, 41 games and 25 wins, 4 shutouts with saving percentage of 91,3%.

So there you have it, unity and everybody working together towards one goal was the foundation that carried New England all the way to playoffs and cup victory!

(150+)

[Image: Z0Th309.png]

[Image: ZjRjTkK.png]

Metzler! It's your first Simulation Hockey League playoff game, and the very first playoff game the Buffalo Sabres have ever been in. How are you holding up out there?

It's an entirely new level of play out there. We knew that New England was going to be a damn difficult opponent to beat four times in seven games even during the regular season, but they've got that extra gear and we're giving our all to keep up.

Do you think it matters that New England have been here before, but Buffalo haven't?

It absolutely matters. The crowd is louder, the stakes are higher, and the referees call less. I wouldn't be surprised if the commentators were able to tell exactly who has and hasn't been here before.

You're, uh, already down five goals to two. Would you say that's emblematic of what you've said to us thus far?

Yep. We have to shut them down. I wouldn't count us out yet, though.

Thanks for chatting with us, Alexis. Good luck for the second period!

The absolute highlight of this season for Alexis Metzler, bar none, was Buffalo beating the odds and somehow making the playoffs.

Buffalo hasn't quite managed to get to playoff hockey before- building the team took much longer than what anyone in the head office of the team or the league expected, and bad luck plagued the team for most of its first five years. Even last season, Buffalo had a great start, but collapsed badly in the second half of the season. Even though the team was equal fourth with Minnesota in the Eastern Conference on table points, but missed out due to the ROW tiebreaker.

This season, despite another great start, Buffalo collapsed yet again, and looked to astoundingly miss the playoffs again; but the Stampede managed to win their last 4 games in a row. Both of the last two were against Manhattan, the team they needed to get past; both games needed to be won in regulation. The lead changed multiple times in both games, but somehow, the better New York State team pulled it off.

Bonus.

Randy Randleman will score the series winning goal.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nz58bj80cn1qa8gxqo1_500.gif]

TASK THREE

My MVP candidate for these playoffs has to be Toronto North Stars goaltender Mark Harter. While the MVP award normally goes to a player on one of the two finalists teams, I think it's hard to ignore Harter's postseason performance. While it wasn't a single-handed effort by any means, and he definitely owes a lot to his teammates, the awards committee should choose to recognize him for his efforts this past postseason. Posting a .936 save percentage through the first two rounds, he was the best goaltender in that regard and it wasn't even close. There's a reason the Wolfpack said they needed to "solve Harter" to pull off the second round series. This came despite facing the most shots per game of any of the top goaltenders this postseason - His 373 shots faced in 11 games averages out to be a higher number of shots faced per game than Timo Haas of LAP's 399 shots faced in 12 games. At the same time, Harter had one of the best goals against averages in the postseason at 2.09, just behind Hunter Wong. He's a big part of the reason why the North Stars managed to sweep the Platoon and almost managed to do away with the New England Wolfpack, and he deserves recognition for his monumental efforts.

TASK FIVE

Doc: We go now to Pierre McGuire standing by with Wolfpack defender Jasper Clayton

Pierre: Thanks Doc. Jasper, it's been a tough series so far but you've outscored the Dragons on the whole. The score's [REDACTED] after one period here in game 5, what do you have to do to win this game?

Clayton: You know I think we've just got to keep firing pucks on their net and keep on putting pressure on them to ensure that they can't get anything going. Wong's a good goalie, if we let him sit back he's going to steal the game for them. As long as we keep firing pucks on net, we're going to come away with the W here tonight.

Pierre: Third finals appearance of your career, how's it feel to be back?

Clayton: It feels great. This is definitely the toughest opponent we've ever faced, so to finally get the chance to square off against them in the finals is amazing. This series could definitely go either way, and while we're certainly hoping it goes ours we can't be disappointed with this finals performance from either side. Don't get me wrong, we want to win this cup more than anything. But if you're a hockey fan, you have to be happy with what you've seen so far.

Pierre: Jasper, what've you got to say to the fans here in the building tonight?

Clayton: Thanks for sticking with us year after year. Hope we can give you a good one tonight.

Pierre: Thanks Jasper, good luck out there. Doc, back to you.

TASK SEVEN

For Jasper Clayton, the highlight of season was clear. When they went to a game in Edmonton, there was a My Little - wait what do you mean "must be hockey related?" Ok, fine. Apparently <a href='index.php?showuser=2104' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>jjaybs</a> is just anti-fun.

The 2nd biggest highlight of defender Jasper Clayton's season has to be winning the Challenge Cup. Certainly it's no MLP convention, but how many players can say they have their name on the Challenge Cup three times? (Well, 11 players on the Wolfpack can say that. As well as 3 more who can say they have their name on the Challenge Cup four times, and that having your name on the cup three times is "so last season." But that's beside the point.) While his performance this postseason was less than impressive (up until the finals when his three powerplay goals in four games was a big part of the team's success over Calgary), it doesn't matter how much you do as long as your team wins - so his name ended up on the cup, and that's all that matters.

Of course nothing else could possibly be the highlight of Clayton's SHL career other than that third cup win. . .well, nothing else but the 4th and higher cup wins, that is.

TASK EIGHT

For the New England Wolfpack, the biggest reason they were able to make the finals was sticking to a long-term plan. Despite losing key center Jonathan Lundberg the past offseason to free agency, the team had the depth to recover and move forward. With Mainio Makinen making the move back to center after a few seasons on the wing, the team was able to drop aging center Nathan Russell down a line and make the team threatening all the way through - not just on the top lines. Alongside that, the team added depth at defense by calling up star juniors defenders Cara Hohenberg and Toivo Kosonen who both featured prominently on the blue line throughout the season as major fixtures both in the effort to make the playoffs and the effort to win the Challenge Cup. These depth pieces, the callups and veterans alike, were really the main reason the Wolfpack were able to push on to their fourth Cup in three season.

Also Tim Buckner. It was mostly Tim Buckner.

Bonus: Mainio Makinen

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 25 2017, 10:29 AM
Dat placeholder

<a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Eggy216</a>, I'm sorry if this breaks the pact, it's 13 big ones.

c banned from pts for life

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

BONUS: Esa Anrikkanen

[Image: 98MnRqQ.png]

[Image: FKtRXCE.png]

[Image: o5alaTn.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

--TASK ONE--

[Image: Dragons-_Playoff-_Rally-_Towel-61.jpg]

--TASK FOUR--

[Image: myticket11.jpg]

--TASK FIVE--

We're here with Calgary Dragons all-time leading scorer Esa Anrikkanen after the completion of regulation in game 1 of the Challenge Cup Finals as the Dragons and Wolfpack are headed to overtime.

Media: Thanks for joining us Esa, how do you feel about your teams performance tonight and your chances in overtime?

Esa: My pleasure. I feel pretty good about how we played in the first 3 periods, we're doing some good things out there, getting out shots through and paying physical. I'm not happy with our performance on the powerplay, we need to be better there, but I think we have a great chance to win this game on the road. The pressure is on New England to take the first game at home. We feel pretty good.

Media: Going to overtime in game 1, do you expect a tight series?

Esa: Yes I do, we seem to be very well matched, I think it will be a back and forth series. Both teams are capable of explosive offense and playing stingy defense, so I think it will be an unpredictable series. We could have a lot of overtime games in this one. It all depends on who steps up and wants to make history.

Media: Is it true that you're having a chicken parm night at during games 3 and 4 at Calgary?

Esa: Yes, we have a surplus of chicken from the regular season and only 3 home games left, so we have to blow it all out. I think the fans will enjoy it. We're giving awway free chicken parms to anynoe wearing a 2XL Esa Anrikkanen jersey. We award fatness in Calgary. If you're wearing an XL you have to pay full price, if you're wearing anything under and L you have to pay double. If you're a man and are wearing a Medium or Small, you'll be escorted out of the building. Kids and women eat free of course.

--TASK EIGHT--

The Calgary Dragons have made the playoffs 10 straight seasons now but it's not always easy, especially in the Western Conference and especially after you lose a franchise Defenseman like Sachimo Zoidberg to retirment. The Dragons had probably the worst start in franchise history in S33 going 0-6 and scoring just 8 goals in the first 6 games while collecting Zero points in the standings. The entire team was snake bit but they did not lose hope, everyone kept working and Management quickly found a line up and system to get them back on track. After the change the Dragons went on an incrdible run, going 30-8-6 over the next 44 games and finishing 1st in the West and just 1 point off the President's trophy. Randy Randleman set a new Dragons scoring record with 64 points as the move to center clearly worked out for him and team. Perhaps the biggest "step" this season was the early line/system change, spreading out the talent on each offensive line and maybe more importantly making sure either Bubba Nuck or Michael Boychuk was always on the ice on Defense. The two top D were separated to insulate the other pairings and that was a huge difference maker. Another key move was putting Shane Gagner up on line 1 with Randy Randleman and Nicholas Pedersen, once the trio was put together around game 22, they all went off, literally scoring at will. The Dragons also got strong play from rookie call up Joe Kurczewski who may not have filled the score sheet but played a smart game all season. Hunter Wong made a key edit to his build early in the year which seemed to work wonders for him and the team. Good decisions all around were the key moves for the Dragons this year and the reason they are back in the playoffs and the finals to hopefully defend their cup.

Bonus: Alex Mack

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Dat Cup Winnin' Goal: Esa Anrikkanen

TASK THREE

Sometimes, some seasons, there are arguments to be made for niche or underdog MVP candidates, and sometimes, some seasons, there is a sole, clear and outstanding front-running candidate -- and the S33 Challenge Cup playoffs produced one of the latter to be sure in Mainio Makinen's playoff run. He was head-and-shoulders above all other contenders for the playoffs points race, netting ten goals and fifteen assists, for a total of twenty-five points in his eighteen games played -- including one hat-trick against Calgary in Game 2 of the finals and two game-winning-goals. He was second overall the entire playoffs in FO percentage at 55.70%, and maintained a plus/minus of +10 and racked up only two (two!Wink PIMs the entire playoffs. While teammate Raven Silverwing had a slightly flashier series with several fights and two hat-tricks, over-all team-contributions tally-up in Makinen's favor for the most steady and valuable work that played a vital role in getting the Wolfpack to yet another Challenge Cup this post-season.

TASK FIVE

NEWSCASTER BOB: And here with us for this Canadian Tire Intermission Report is SHL Renegades goalie and S32 Corcoran Award winner Georgette Pel!

PEL: Hiya.

NEWSCASTER BOB: Now you have particular insight into this goalie match-up this evening having played against both Montreal's Thad Prince and Kelowna's Sebastian Thompson -- not to mention you worked with Prince as a teammate in last season's All-Star Game; with that in mind, what do you make of this evening's goaltending so far, and who do you think's done a better job of contributing to their teams' overall playoff success?

PEL: I mean, that's a tricky question -- both guys have been working their asses off in the crease tonight, both are very skilled at what they do. Prince has been doing a better overall job at keeping his net clear, and the minute tilt of both GAA and SV percentages are in his favor for that -- frankly, though, that has more to do with the stellar defense that Montreal's been throwing up in front of their crease than any real mastery over Thompson. Thompson's been facing almost 6 shots more per game, and has played, at this juncture, four more games than his counterpart. Some of them have been garbage opportunities, but Montreal's got four guys on the points-per-twenty board, is splitting highest shot totals with Kelowna pretty evenly, but unlike Kelowna, occupying space on the accuracy board as well thanks to stand-out performances like the one they've been receiving from forward Tim Elliot. Comparably, Prince hasn't really had to stand-up to anything like that in net.

NEWSCASTER BOB: Do you think Thompson can keep his team in this series for a win tonight in Game 7?

PEL: Hard to say -- I think Montreal easily wants this win more tonight than Kelowna has the energy to resist them, and if Thompson doesn't get some help from his defense soon, it'll be Montreal's series, regardless of how hard the kid tries.

NEWSCASTER BOB: Well thanks for your read on the situation, and that's all from us down here rink-side for the Canadian Tire Intermission Report -- back to you in the studio, Gary!

TASK SEVEN

"Highlight of my season? Jesus, that's pretty easy -- my first regulation game. You know, coming up in Halifax, the starter at the time -- Dick Hocolate -- was in a position to teach me a lot about his ethos in goal. He was always huge on puck control, felt it brought a lot to his game, to his efforts to contain the puck. He played an excruciatingly high-energy game, and the results meant that often after a run of games in net, especially back-to-backs, you'd see slumping in terms of goals against. One of the reasons he and I did so damn well as a true tandem pairing with an almost 50/50 even season split. But to get back to my point -- the upside to those high-energy games were the shutties. He and I, stone cold king and queen, man -- we had the one season where we put up 9 shut-outs combined, which was a thing of fucking beauty. He -- Hocolate, I mean -- moved on to the SHL in S32 and wound up with a shut-out in his first career SHL game. I always thought that was a nice little feather in the cap of his playing style, proof beyond proof that it was what he was doing in net, not just the circumstances of the junior league, that was providing him with that edge. So wouldn't you fucking know it, but my first regulation game -- against the Portland Admirals -- I posted a shut-out as well? Hard to fucking believe, I know -- he left me this absolutely ridiculous voicemail that I only got the next morning after the flight back from Oregon -- but there you have it. The younger, softer half of that pairing following in my old partner's footsteps. First Career SHL Game Shut-Out Twins. It felt pretty fantastic, enough so to last me through what was otherwise a pretty miserable coaching situation and season performance. You only get one first game, though, and it'll always be just that extra special because of my performance."

TASK EIGHT

The Montreal Militia have hovered on the bubble of finals contender for at least three seasons now -- they've drafted well each year, had stellar forward performances, solid defensive structure, and picked-up and kept superb goaltending talent, especially these last couple seasons with Thaddeus Prince in net. The question of what exactly it took, that small shove from that second round suicide to both finalist and cup winner, can be answered, however, in the form of one well-timed trade that upped the ante on the Militia's scoring arsenal; that is to say, specifically, that the acquisition of Adam Kaiser as a member of La Belle Province's squad was crucial to this year's success in their Four Star Cup run. He put up frankly stupendous points production (twenty-five in total, better than all forwards in the playoffs save Knouse -- who he matched -- and Elliot -- his teammate who hedged him by two for a total of twenty-seven), had the best plus/minus of the playoffs, and maintained great responsibility in his own zone (with twenty blocked shots and noticeable effort on the powerplay for the Militia). Pegged as a die-hard devotee of his drafting organization in Vancouver, the trade took most of the league by surprise, but did provide Kaiser with a cup before matriculating to the SHL -- a chance we are sure he no doubt appreciates, allegiances aside.

[Image: tenor.gif]

BONUS : Randy Randleman

[Image: u3CtL9r.png]

[Image: 30v2IaX.png]

[Image: XRTEZ4I.png]

[Image: sFFaPEq.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Code:
TASK ONE
Design a rally towel for a playoff game of your choosing. Must include the team logo.

TASK TWO
Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must have 3 stats minimum, two player renders and team logos.

TASK THREE

TASK FOUR
Create a game ticket for any playoff game in S33. Must include the home team's logo.

TASK FIVE

TASK SIX
Make the Championship banner that goes across the top of the site, must include the team name, logo and at least one render.

TASK SEVEN

TASK EIGHT

BONUS: Tommy Creller

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

TASK THREE

(221 words)

This is my attempt to make a case for Joe Kurczewski of the Calgary Dragons. Now here my out. On a team that is so deep across the board, Joe gets lost a bit in the shuffle and talk for the dragons. The biggest reason why heading into the finals I feel like he deserves the praise here is starting first at his GWG. He leads the Dragons with 3 of his 5 goals being game winners. He is currently tied for 2nd on the team for goals over the 10 GP and 3 of them are GAME WINNERS. He is 100% clutch when he needs to be. Add in his super reduced playing time in comparison with the rest of the forwards of 15.37 Minutes played per game (next closest player is 18.47) and it shows how utterly and truly effective he is. I fear for the league when Joe finally gets within striking distance of the Dragons top line, and they might need to consider inserting him into the line up a bit more considering how key he has been so far these playoffs. The last point to consider with all this talk of goals? Joe's shotting %. It's 31.25%. Yeah. THIRTY. ONE. PERCENT. If your listening Dragons coach/ GM, your tied and heading into OT? Joe is your man.

TASK FIVE

1) How do you feel about the New Jerseys for the team?
It’s the same thing whenever something new is brought out for a teams branding, you have those who love it, and those who hate it. I personally love it, and feel it’s a massive improvement over the old logo we had. Nothing personal against preggo hawk, but the new one is simple, clean, and sharp. The combination of the Home, Away and 3rd leaves us a versatile roster of jerseys to choose from.

2) How has your first as Captain been?

A bit difficult at the end watching our playoff chances slip away to be honest, and in such a close race/ conference it was especially hard to watch the QEW rivals in Buffalo sneak in. I want to come back to this season with renewed vigor and hope we can make that final push to tumble in ourselves.

3) Things your hoping as a team you can prove next season?
That we are a playoff team. We need to take that next step. I feel like we are literally on the bubble for our conference and a win here, and loss there could really be the determining factor whether we make the dance or not. I want to be there, I really do. If we aren’t in the playoffs by season 35….I just don’t know. I need to see this management is committed to that goal this offseason.

TASK SEVEN

In a season that was hopeful as any for the Steelhawks I was hoping that the improvements would be more prevalent across the board in my 2nd year as a pro, but alas it was not meant to be. There was a few bright spots for me this season, but the accomplishment I am most proud of is my ability to use my shot and generate more offense/ goals for the team this year. Doubling my last years total from 6 to 12 was a great evolution of my game.
I feel like I am really coming into my own as a PP specialist who can handle the tough Defensive assignments and big minutes. I hope this trend continues as my player keeps growing and I expect a big off season for myself. With the team all improving as a whole around me, my expectations will be increased again this coming season as I try for a few goals I have been meaning to push. A positive Plus/Minus and breaking that 30 point mark. My shot still keep getting stronger as we move along as well.

TASK EIGHT

The Dragons. What can really be said as to why they are in the dance? Well there are more than a few factors that have stood out for me.

Depth – A team that boasts that kind of depth it’s hard to ever bet against them in such a competitive league. You may have the Edmontons with their stacked top lines playing huge minutes, but when the games get long, the lines are rolling you can’t beat a good team with depth. Depth along the line up keeps a team competitive, and breads dynasty’s.

Winning Mentality – Sitting on the bottom of the conference to start the year many might have figured they were due for a down season regardless of their line up. Nope, F those beans. They refused to be forgotten and went on a quest to end the year vaulting themselves back into the equation and entering the playoffs at the top.

Been there done that – 3 cups in recent memory with the chance at a 4th so soon, shows the experience this team has. You don’t make the finals this many times and win that many times without having that drive, depth, and winning attitude. When you do the dance you start to become and expert, and we are witnessing a potential modern day dynasty.

Cup Finals winning goal - Joe Kurczewski

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Placeholder

Bonus: Randy Randleman

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

TASK ONE

[Image: 0RiOUud.jpg]

TASK TWO
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related

Near the end of the 33rd season in the SHL, Timo Haas complete his biggest goal for himself. He won 60 games is his first two seasons. He set this goal upon himself before the season and said he would be one of the fastest goaltenders in SHL history to hit the 60 win mark. Winning exactly 25 in his season, and having won 35 the previous year, his dreams came true. The Los Angeles Panthers team was the main reason that Haas could accomplish this task as his cast of stellar forwards and stalwart d-men made this task much easier than if he had been on a lesser team. Haas now has set the goal upon himself to win 150 in his first 5 seasons. Which seems like an extremely large amount, but the German goalie believes he is the cream of the crop when it comes to SHL goaltenders and predicts his path to be one of glory and awards. Hopefully culminating in records and a Hall of Fame induction.

TASK FOUR

[Image: Z4f74HP.jpg]

TASK SIX

[Image: hfx910f.jpg]

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

TASK THREE

My playoff MVP has to be left winger Mainio Makinen of the New England Wolfpack. Who had an such an amazing playoff this season, leading the wolfpack and the league in points. 10 goals and 15 assists made up for 25 points in 18 games. 6 points had of second placed Raven Silverwing who had 19 points in 18 games. With a shooting percentage of 12.20% they had a nice average on the shots of which she took 82. With 23.18 minutes played average per game and a total of 5 powerplay point there is no one else who came close the his preformance this playoff run. They were also rocking a very solid faceoff% with 55.70% faceoffs won over 596 faceoffs taken which is about 332 faceoffs won and the icing on the cake is 2 game winning goals, 1 game tying goal and one hattrick for the Finn. (150 words)

TASK FIVE

Shane Dane: It's game seven of the eastern conference final between the Toronto North Stars and the New England Wolfpack. One team is looking to break a curse of not winning a cup in 33 seasons and the other is looking to add a third cup in 4 seasons to their throphy case. The score is tied 2-2 a powerplay goal by Barbashev got the stars up 1-0 in the first period. In the second period Mainio makinen answered back with 2 goals in just under 7 minutes apart. Kristian Eriksson however was able to tie the game 10:12 into the game. I`m here today with star defensewoman Mia Landvik. Mia this is an important moment in your playoff run. A game seven tied and going into the third period. How are you feeling?

Mia Landvik: MIA SMAAAAAASH!

Shane Dane: Uh yes, you smash girl. What is your plan for this period, how are you going to beat the Stars?

Mia Landvik: MIA SMAAAAAAASH!

Shane Dane: *looks away to the filming crew* Can... can I get another player?

Mia Landvik: *Grabs microphone and looks into the camara* MIA SMAAAASH PUCK INTO NET

Shane Dane: Right... well that's all the time we have for today folks. Good luck smashing Mia.

*Mia Landvik smashes Shane Dane to the ground and walks off to the locker room* (225 words)

TASK SEVEN

My hightlight of the season has to be my first playoff hat trick which I scored in the first game of the play offs agains the Buffalo Stampede. I`m not sure what it was that day, but I just felt really good for the get go. The moment I stepped onto the ice for the pregame skate, I was just filled with a passion. I always have a passion for this game, but tonight was something special. Maybe it was because it was the Stampede's first playoff game. Maybe it was facing my protegé Eduard Selich. Maybe it was the burrito I had pregame fighting it's way into my digestive system. It was a very fast paced game for sure. Steven Stamkos Jr scored 2:50 into the game followed up by Tim 'The Fucking Clutchner' Buckner. 5:03 I saw my chance to bury a shot from the point. It was a good feeling to have logged my first point for that playoff already. Then Selich stepped up and scored 15 seconds later. I felt a moment of pride, but also a passion to go again. The game was tied and I wanted to change that. 9:20 into the game I received a crisp pass from Makinen and one timed that sucker into the top chedder. I was estatic. 4 minutes later at 13:41 Makinen hit me up with another solid pass and I did a quick dangle around the goalie. A hat trick 13:41 into the game and a hat trick scored in a time frame of 8 minutes and 39 seconds. It was an amazing feeling, hats everywhere and the crowd was mental at that point.(277 words)

TASK EIGHT

The New England Wolfpack qualified for their 4th playoff series in a row and we're looking for a 3rd cup in these four seasons. Winning the presidents was already a good motivation point for the team to go hard. I think the biggest factor to the Wolfpack team is their depth and active core. A very tight knit group of players who look out for each other and motivate each other to be the best they can be. I think every player in this group can be qualified as an MVP in their own way. We have grandpa Russell, who looks after all the youngins. Smashing everyone to the group who dares to touch them. Talking about smashing, there is ofcourse Mia Landvik an MVP in MIA SMAAAAASHING!. Goalie Mikke Laukkanen, while young,they have already proven to be a top notch goalie who can come out very clutch and ofcourse Tim Fuckin Clutchner Buckner. Who had an amazing post season recording 14 points, a plus mius of 17 and 3 game winning goals. All very important ones. (178 words)

Bonus: Tim 'Fuckin' Clutchner

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart