Create Account

S33 Championship Week

Placeholder

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

TASK THREE Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

Boy was that a great postseason. Great series with great effort. But who is the MVP Candidate. That is a pretty tough one. And with my thoughts, its this player..Kristian Eriksson from the Toronto North Stars.

Kristian Eriksson has been great this postseason and leading his team to the final four and a close trip to the Challenge Cup Finals. Kristian Eriksson only played 11 games and still led the league at the end in assists and points. And 2nd in goals just one goal behind 1st place. He/She had 7 goals. 10 assists and 17 points which is almost 2.0 PPG. Eriksson has that much of a lead and is not even top 15 in Minutes Played even though Kristian Eriksson didn't play in the finals. Also leads the league in power play points, assists and shots. Not only is he/she good good offensively, but physically as well. Leading the league in hits with 51, that's almost 5 hits per game! If Toronto won the cup, it would be an easy choice for the Playoff MVP. So Kristian Eriksson is my choice for the MVP Candidate.

Code:
189 words

TASK FIVE Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

Pierre: Leafer, your team is down 3-1 heading into the 3rd, game 7, what do you have to do?

Leafer: We have to comeback. Montreal has been tough and pain in the butt and they're outplaying us and so we have to be the real knights and prove we can do it. We have to create a lot of chances, defend, not worry about Thompson because we trust him and do the best we can.

Pierre: What do you have to do individually?

Leafer: Obviously play hockey and not screw up. It happens a lot of times and I want this game 7 to be like game 7 again at Prince George. And that is to score a goal and get our team and fans alive. Also creating plays, not make stupid mistakes and play hard. The best we can because we trust our team and we're in Kelowna.

Pierre: This wil be your captains last game, how do you want this to end?

Leafer: Win the cup and celebrate of course.

Pierre: Thanks and back to you dude.

Code:
179 words

TASK SEVEN Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

I had lots of memories during the regular season such as scoring 15 goals, 30 points, clinching the playoffs but the highlight of the season for me came in Game 7 against PGF. It was either win or go home and that was the game i'll never forget.

That game, I didn't do well but I did great and amazing. Not only did we win it 3-1 and advance to the 3rd straight Four-Star Cup finals, but I scored 2 goals including the game winning goal. It was such a great moment and that is when I proved myself I am important for the team. We advanced to the Finals and we were down a series and we came back and I became the reason we won Game 7 for apparent reasoning but of course scoring both goals. So no question that was the highlight of the season and might be as well highlight of my SMJHL Career so far.

Code:
160 words

TASK EIGHT Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

Why not talk about one of the most successful teams in the SHL and its been a long time, the Calgary Dragons. Just last season, they won the Challenge Cup against the Rage and were the best SHL Team. They looked to go back to back champions. They stuck with the same roster and thought it was repeating time. Players led by Kurczewski , Gagner, Randleman, Jagr, Mack, Laflamme, Nuck, Pederson and Anrikkanen. They had a stacked offensive team that can produce a lot of offense and reason for their success. But that is only offense. Their defense with Boychuk who's leading the way. Hunter Wong is their #1 and possibly the best SHL goalie now. Those are the reasons for their success and reaching to the Finals once again.

But the west had some struggles which made it easier for the Dragons to advance. Panthers, Blizzard, Riot all fell out and Dragons were rising up. But they're against the tough and another former champions not too long ago, the New England Wolfpack. Awoooo!

Code:
173 words

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal?

Mainio Makinen (Mia Landvik :D)

[Image: giphy.gif]

TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

The MVP should be and will be won by a player who managed to get his team to the finals. However, the bets candidate thus far in the playoffs would have to be Kristian Eriksson. He may have lost out to the New England Wolfpack in the Eastern Conference finals, but he has been playing some amazing hockey.

Eriksson leads the league in points with 17 in 11 games, he also leads the league in assits with 10. He’s tied for 2nd in goals with 7, having a game less played than Ryan King who has 8. He also leads the league in hits with 51! He has played amazing offensively and in the physical department, he’s leading the league with 6 power play points and is in the top 3 in shots on goal. If Toronto would have found themselves in the finals, and Eriksson would have kept up this play, it would have been hard to award anyone else the most valuable player award for this post-season.

TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

-Michael, you and your team started off the season with unreal numbers, leading the league for much of the season, and you were leading the way for all goalies in the league. How was that time for you and the Riot?

It was the best I’ve had in my professional career. In Prince George we were always one of the worst teams, until the last year but even then we weren’t much more than mediocre. Our playoff run was incredible and it ended sourly, just list this season. Seattle and I have been battling to become an elite team in a tough conference, and we seem to always hold out own, but theres always teams that our stronger, so for most of this season, feeling like the team to beat was awesome.

-What do you think happened around TD?

It’s tough to tell, we didn’t change anything at the trade deadline, we felt we were at a great point, but it all came crashing.

-Why do you think you guys can’t perform well in the playoffs?

I think the main thing is we need to score more goals. Were hoping Wilson, Titova and Knouse will come of age sooner rather than later to help Brumm out, cause the puck is tough to put in the net these days.

TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

The highlight of my season was most of the season in fact, from the start all the way to around the trade deadline. Seattle was the top team in the league and it felt amazing. We had Los Angeles, Edmonton and New England trying to catch us at different points of the season, but we always remained on top. Being the team to beat was an amazing feeling. To add to it, McFadden was in the running for the top goalie award, having amazing stats and barely ever letting in goals. We had the best defence in the league, we let in the fewest amount of goals and we managed to score enough to win games. As a GM, it was very sweet and I felt very proud of the team I saw before me. At the Trade deadline we decided not to change anything, because things were going so well, we figured why fix something that isn’t broken? However, it broke, we just couldn’t keep up the defensive play, and our scoring got worse, and we started losing games, and had to fight just to stay in the playoffs, and get swept once we did make the payoffs.

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

The Calgary Dragons have been a force in the SHL for some time now. They have assembled one of the greatest teams ever formed in the SHL. They have been contenders for the cup ever season in recent memory and are the defending champs for a reason. This season, they started off horribly, and many of us thought to ourselves “Finally, the Dragons are done” and it got many teams excited. The Blizzard thought, maybe we can have a run this season, with the other teams having little experience, were the only ones in the West left who have been to the final dance. The Riot and Panthers felt it was their time to shine and take over as the top teams in the West, and the Jets and Admirals saw an opportunity to make the playoffs and start the upswing of their rebuilds.

However, the Dragons proved their worth and went on an unreal run, and are continuing this run into the playoffs, vs another top team, the New England Wolfpack.

Cup winning goal: Randy Randleman

TASK ONE
[Image: IMG_7252.png]

TASK FOUR

[Image: IMG_7258.jpg]

TASK FIVE

Reporter: MACK, Mack can I ask you a few questions? Sports Illustrated here
Mack: Swimsuit edition? Or that regular shit you guys are churning out?
Reporter: For the fans, what is going through your mind right now coming off the ice after the 1st overtime here in Game 1 of the Cup Finals?
Mack: I feel amazing we took nine shots on net. I’m feeling positive we can win this game. Michael “Big Game” Boychuk is looking great out there tonight, I think he could live up to his moniker and score the game winner.
Reporter: Tell us Mack, are you feeling confident out there tonight, being matched up with these younger players, can you feel your age out there?
Mack: Younger doesn’t make you faster, some say age makes you less agile I think my parkour training more than makes up for the age gap between me and these ice mites.
Reporter: What’s it like playing on a line with Veteran Esa Anrikkanen and Joe Kurczewski?
Mack: Esa is definitely one of the all-time greats, and by all time I mean 6-7 seasons ago. A little long in the tooth, let’s be honest, the guy’s a great hockey player but his age and chicken parm intake are hindering his abilities. It’s a good thing we have the youth and enthusiasm of Joe K on our line he’s been great all through the playoffs and has a very bright future.

TASK SIX
[Image: Dragon_Banner.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.
Code:
180 words
I believe that the one player that stood out these playoffs was Raven Silverwing of the New England Wolfpack. Night after night he has shown up and put in some very important goals, having 6 goals scored in 12 games played (finals not udated in index). Playing an average of 18.33 mins per game is a lot less than other leading players these playoffs but his efficiency in the offensive zone has remained top notch, in fact doing the same or more than players with more ice-time than him. What could go against him however are his 21 PIMs, including a fight, that show that he can be prone to easy mistakes and dropping the gloves easily. Make no mistake, there are players with better stats than Raven Silverwing in every single category, but the presence and leadership on the ice is what differentiates him from the pack and with the Wolfpack winning the cup for the 3rd time in 4 years with Silverwing on all these runs shows that he has become an important gear in the cup machine that has become New England.

TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.
Code:
216 words

Game 1 Playoffs TOR @ WKP 2nd Intermission. Score: TOR 1-2 WKP
I: We are now joined by go-ahead goal scorer Alex Light of the Platoon. Alex, tell us how does it feel to get this first career SHL playoffs goal?

A: It feels great, especially to get it at home and hear the crowd go wild. I am also glad that it’s happened a lot faster than my first career regular season goal. But yeah, exciting stuff and just happy that I could contribute to get the team ahead after two.

I: The North Stars have been playing you hard tonight, what do you think of them?

A: We’re feeling it that we’re not the only ones that have shown up to play hockey tonight. The Stars have a solid team that is a strong playoffs performer. Their goalie [Mark Harter] has had some strong saves tonight and kept them in the game.

I: What are you guys going to do to try and solve Harter in the 3rd?

A: Honestly, it’s just about putting pucks to the next and creating scoring opportunities for ourselves. We are out-shooting them by a mile and a half, our defense is looking solid so it’s up to us forwards to give ourselves the chances and capitalize on them

I: Thank You and good luck in the 3rd

A: Thank You.

TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.
Code:
190 words

To some players, just being able to reach the SHL is a dream come true. Being able to play with some of the absolute best players in the world and develop to become one of them can be described as a pipe dream for some and a hard to reach goal for others. For Alex Light, this dream was a possibility after his 2nd season in the SMJHL. It became a reality after his 3rd season instead. But the very highlight of his season was scoring his first career SHL goal, and point. It is well known that players become more and more antsy and doubtful of themselves the longer their first goal takes but for Light it took a massive 17 games to materialize. Assisted by veteran blueliners, Maximova & Biscuit, Alex Light was able to beat Brett Broadway, of the Edmonton Blizzard on a breakaway, setting up a highlight reel goal for his first. The puck was retrieved by team captain Bojo Biscuit. It has stayed in the West Kendall Locker Room ever since to remind Alex Light that success comes with hard work. And success has come.

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.
Code:
176 words

The New England Wolfpack are a team that believes and preaches the building of a contender through the draft and who can argue with the results? Three cups in four years with a lost cup final in between is the only argument one must bring to the table to show that this method is truly successful and the current way to go in the SHL. When asked about the reason for their success, GM Eggy had this to say,
“More than drafting the best player available, one has to draft the best player available for the needs of the team. More importantly one has to make sure these young prospects stay active and are guided along through their development cycle to become part of something bigger than just them.”
With this sort of attitude, it is no wonder that the retention rate of players drafted by the Wolfpack is staggeringly high. Looking at the league we can see that this process has also become more and more common practice throughout all the teams, except, maybe, Portland.

BONUS:
Who scores the cup winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning game sim, even if that happens before the conclusion of CW)
Randy Randleman Dragons

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Placeholder, but I answered the bonus question and won't edit that.

TASK THREE

TASK FIVE

TASK SEVEN

TASK EIGHT

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal? Raven Silverwing

TASK ONE
Design a rally towel for a playoff game of your choosing. Must include the team logo. 

[Image: 9w598wj.png]

TASK FOUR
Create a game ticket for any playoff game in S33. Must include the home team's logo. 
[Image: RnyCy2g.png]

TASK FIVE

Code:
167 words when excluding the names before the colon.

Pierre McGuire: "Vas, congratulations on your first SHL playoff point."
Ryan Vas: "Thanks, Pierre."

Pierre McGuire: "You guys come into the first intermission with a 2-0 lead. What did you guys do right in the first period?"
Ryan Vas: "Kept the puck in their end. Can't shoot the puck if its in your own end. So we just kept it simple and kept their shots outside the dots."

Pierre McGuire: "What did you see on that first goal?"
Ryan Vas: "Sven joined the rush, lost the puck but I was able to keep it in. Just passed it right back to him with a half slapper and he found Kane for the one timer."

Pierre McGuire: "What do you guys need to do to maintain the lead here?"
Ryan Vas: "Play boring hockey basically. Slow the game down, slow them down and just keep it close. They're gonna come out flying playing from behind and we gotta put a stop to that right off the bat."

Pierre McGuire: "Vas, thanks for the interview. Good luck in the 2nd period."
Ryan Vas: "Thanks, Pierre."

Pierre McGuire: "Back to you, Doc."

TASK SIX
Make the Championship banner that goes across the top of the site, must include the team name, logo and at least one render.
[Image: KcaW80F.png]

Who scores the cup winning goal?
Mia Landvik

TASK ONE
[Image: RFEfDPw.png]

TASK FOUR
[Image: Wj0yhhu.png]

TASK FIVE

Reporter: Alright, so Matt, it's game six of the Western Conference Finals. The series is three games to two Calgary, and the Dragons are up two nothing tonight, what do you guys have to do to get back in this game?
Leetch: We just have to play our best. I know it sound cliché, but when we're on top of our game and playing to the best of our ability, there's not a team in this league we can't beat.

Reporter: Do you think you guys still have a chance at winning this game?
Leetch: What kind of question is that? Of course I do. I don't care if we're down five to nothing after one, I believe in this team one hundred percent. Like I said, when we're playing as good as we can, there's nothing we can't do.

Reporter: If you do win tonight, how do you like your chances in game seven?
Leetch: All I'll say is what I keep saying over and over again. This team can beat anyone in the league. But I'm not focused on that, I'm focused on here and now. Just playing tonight, giving it all I've got, and we'll worry about that other stuff later.

TASK SIX
Make the Championship banner that goes across the top of the site, must include the team name, logo and at least one render.
[Image: mPRikgi.png]

BONUS: Toivo Kosonen

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

TASK ONE
[Image: 2lrHYMb.png]

TASK TWO
Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must have 3 stats minimum, two player renders and team logos.

TASK FOUR
[Image: SnJDTuS.png]

TASK SIX
[Image: TsbjUUc.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

TASK THREE

Code:
My pick for the Razov trophy this season would have to be Mainio Makinen and it's not even close. 25 points and 10 goals in 18 PLAYOFF games is a dominant performance. The next highest scorer is Raven Silverwing on the same team with 19 points and Randleman of the Calgary Dragons is just behind him so that's a big lead Makinen has on any other potential candidate. The goalies put in a decent performance but nothing MVP worthy this season as Laukkanen and Wong battled well. Boychuk had a good showing for Calgary as well as he was point per game with 16 points from the blue-line but it just wasn't enough this year to beat the Wolfpack. These two juggernauts have just been trading Cups the past few seasons and as New England come out on top this season it's hard to see and end coming soon to the dominance of these two teams. Makinen is still young and with this kind of performance in the playoffs look to see him become a top 5 or top 10 player in the league.

TASK FIVE

Code:
It's game 2 of the first round of the S33 SHL Playoffs between Edmonton and Los Angeles. The Panthers took the first game on the road in a closely contested game but here in the second period of game 2 Edmonton looks to be firmly in control as they're up 3-0. Here we are with Theo Kane of the Blizzard.

Interviewer: Theo, first of all congratulations on the record-breaking season you've had in the regular season.

Theo Kane: Thanks bud.

Interviewer: You were held to just an assist last game as LA took the lead in the series and here you are now with 2 goals already. How have you adjusted to make more of an impact?

Theo Kane: Yeah it was a frustrating game to lose but we kept it close and we came back after being down so we know we can beat them. They're a young team on the rise so we've just got to use our experience and grind them down. I think we've responded well this game and we just need to keep our foot on the gas and not let up.

Interviewer: You've had to play a significant amount of minutes this year. Are you worried that it'll hurt your performance in the playoffs after playing so much in the regular season?

Theo Kane: No I don't think that'll be a problem. I keep working on my cardio and have been for a long time and we've got a good training staff here to help me stay healthy. I haven't heard of any one getting hurt in this league so I don't think I'll be the first. Besides Vlad put up just as many minutes last season and he still did great in the playoffs.

Interviewer: So we only have time for one more question. Favorite pregame meal?

Theo Kane: PB&J

Interviewer: Thanks and good luck.

TASK SEVEN

Code:
It's the tail end of the season and we have a division match between Edmonton and Calgary. Calgary has come back strong after a dismal start to the season and look to finish at the top of the West again. Edmonton has been good but not great and look to finish in the middle of the conference heading to in to the playoffs. One thing to watch is Theo Kane who's poised to break a league record for points. He has 69 points at the moment which ties him for second with VLAD McZehrl. Kane scores his 32nd goal of the season to tie it up in the second period and that ties him for first in this era with 70 points! Calgary go up 2-1 in the third but Theo Kane answers with another goal and there we have it. Kane is now in sole possession of first place in the record books with 71 points on the season. Too bad Edmonton stop playing and Calgary win it 5-2.

TASK EIGHT

Code:
There's not really much to talk about here as both Cup Final teams are regulars. Calgary is the defending champion and New England won the last two before that. Calgary's had a great season from Randleman who's really broken out as a top 5 player. They're getting older though as Esa and Creller and Laflamme are regressing a bit. Pedersen had a career year as well. Boychuk and Nuck are studs on the blue-line but they need some help on their second pairing. Wong is still rock solid in net.

New England has less of an issue with aging in their core. Laukkanen is a stud in the net and hasn't even reached his prime. Their top two lines are a nice balance of youth and experience. Russell is getting older but still dangerous. Bure is starting to tail off but he's still got quite a few years left in the tank. Silverwing, Makinen and Dominique are studs already who can take over. The defense is where there's a little bit more of a worry. Clayton is getting older and he's still their best defender. Landvik is getting better but isn't quite ready to be a cornerstone. Two rookies surprised as they held their own against SHL competition in Kosonen and Hohenberg. We'll see if they can continue their development as New England will need them to.

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning game sim, even if that happens before the conclusion of CW)

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

TASK ONE
Design a rally towel for a playoff game of your choosing. Must include the team logo.

TASK TWO
Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must have 3 stats minimum, two player renders and team logos.

TASK THREE

TASK FOUR
Create a game ticket for any playoff game in S33. Must include the home team's logo.

TASK FIVE

TASK SIX

TASK SEVEN

TASK EIGHT

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

TASK THREE

My MVP for the playoffs can only be one man. A man of vision, character, strong moral fiber and a very chafed Johnson. That man is, of course, the one and only <a href='index.php?showuser=1487' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Alex Mack</a>. Alex Mack, that paragon of fashion and taste is more than mere ordinary mortal. He is a Demi-God that we are all lucky enough to be around occasionally. The man owns four, that's right I said four, coats made from the shaven pubic hair of his many conquests, hair that was freely donated post coitus. This epitome of studliness he made sweet, sweet love to at least two rink girls from every opposing team Calgary faced during their playoff run to the finals. We are speaking of a man so virile drops of his love juice have been known to regenerate plant life in otherwise drought stricken, barren areas around the world. This man is clearly the MVP of not only this, but every playoff year, whether he is in them or not.

TASK FIVE

Kelly Nash: Slappy, Slappy can I have a quick word?

Slappy McDoodle: That depends. Are you now or have you ever been a part of the secret lima bean conspiracy known as the Limanatti, hmmm, are you, have you, ANSWER ME!

Kelly Nash: Uh, no I guess.

Slappy McDoodle: Oh ok then. Please, go right ahead. Sorry about all that. You can never be too careful with those sneaky Limanatti bastards. They're everywhere.

Kelly Nash: Uh, right. Anyway....You guys have been playing well out there tonight. What have been the keys to your success so far?

Slappy McDoodle: Well, first and foremost, a total teamwide aversion to Lima beans of course. After that I'd have to give a lot of the credit to our great GM and star defenseman Bojo Biscuit for building such a great group of people and fostering a real family environment. We watch each other backs and, on occasion, we watch each other's fronts as well. I particularly enjoy watching Maria Maximova's front sometimes, especially in the shower.

Kelly Nash: Alrighty then. Uh thanks Slappy.

Slappy McDoodle: Anytime Kelly and if you're free after the game I'd love to show you my collection of potatoes that look like Ernest Borgnine.

TASK SEVEN

Slappy McDoodle's ultimate highlight of the season was not so much one exact moment as much as it was the team turning things around and making the playoffs after a horrendous start. The Platoon struggled mightily in the early going and lingered consistently around the fifth or sixth spot in the East up to two thirds of the way through the season. The lines were adjusted and strategies tweaked a little with hopes of a positive result. From that point until the end of the season the team really took off. The Platoon still struggled a little to score but defensively managed to tighten things up to an incredible degree. The five on five offense became much stronger as well and played exceptionally straight through into the playoffs. The power play remained the biggest struggle and eventually helped shuffle us out in the first round against Toronto. Better luck next year.

TASK EIGHT

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal? Esa

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

TASK 1
[Image: wCo5GDH.png]

Task 3
Code:
180 words
There are few players in the Simulation Hockey League like New England Wolfpack’s super star center Mainio Makinen that simply cannot be replaced.

While Mainio Makinen may not garner league-wide Ron Mexico Trophy consideration for the league’s season Most Valuable Player, the fact is - that the New England Wolfpack are night-and-day better when Makinen is on the ice. Especially these playoffs.

New England's offense is admittedly strong with a number of other key cogs, but Mainio Makinen's playoff team-leading 25 points in only 18 games played is a remarkable feat in itself. As New England Free Press writer Preston McPressface pointed out, the player was named a star in a team leading six playoff games and had team’s best face off percentage with 55.70%. Statistically speaking, the center's presence improves the team across the board.

A great player is supposed to lead their team in other ways than just on-ice performance, but with Makinen’s play in the playoffs, the Wolfpack will certainly continue to expect the star to not just be a character player but also a dominant one for years to come.

TASK 4
[Image: x7XF2FI.png]

TASK 6
[Image: 3tJthTK.png]

BONUS:
Who scores the cup winning goal?
Mia Landvik

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Task 1:
[Image: R6J4LJv.jpg]

Task 6:
[Image: uQcxdDW.jpg]

Cup winning goal: Jasper Clayton Wolfpack

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

TASK 1:

<div align="center">[Image: S34%20Playoff%20Rally%20Towel_zpsbwcx7taa.png]</div>

TASK 3:

While you could make a case for quite a few players for MVP of the S34 playoffs, my pick would be Mainio Makinen of the New England Wolfpack. Makinen was an offensive beast this postseason, leading in several categories. While some could argue that the Wolfpack played the most games in the playoffs, it is hard to argue with the numbers that Makinen put up.

Makinen led the postseason in goals scored with 10, and also led in assists with 15. They were close to one and half points per game, as they registered 25 points in just 18 games. Another major stat was Makinen’s dominance in the faceoff circle, where they were second in the league at a 55.7% clip. This is even more impressive given that Makinen is not a center by nature, but managed to put up this rate in nearly 600 tries.

Makinen’s dominance in the offensive categories and faceoff circle was a major reason for the Wolfpack taking home the Cup, and why they are my pick for the S34 playoff most valuable player.

Code:
~180 words

TASK 5:

Q: So Big Z, what is the biggest difference switching from center to wing?

I think the biggest difference in between the two positions is the defensive responsibilities. My focus now usually just on the point rather than focusing on everything below the tops of the circles. Also I no longer have to work day in and day out on my faceoffs, giving me more time to work on the other aspects of my game. This allows me to keep my and become more offensive in my game.

Q: Would you ever consider going back to center in your career?

There is always that possibility but I think with all the young faceoff oriented centers out there, I will be better served, and the team for that matter, to play the wing, or in worst case scenario on defense like I do for Czechoslovakia. It is possible I might play my last season there just for fun, and possibly break the record for most faceoffs taken in one’s career.

Q: Maybe the most important question I will ask, is how much longer do you think that body of yours can play?

Not really sure, I feel like I can still help a team out, maybe not like in my prime, but I feel like I am not a pylon standing out there. I still would like to take home the Cup someday, but who knows if or when that will happen. I hope it comes before my body or my ability can no longer perform.

Code:
~250 words

TASK 7:

There were very few highlights for Szlerchek in S33, especially since his team, the Manhattan Rage, did not make the playoffs. One highlight he was particularly proud of was that he finished another season with 40 points or more. He was able to accomplish this in game number 48 of the season, when he would score a goal in the first period against the Hamilton Steelhawks, which on a night he recorded two goals and one assist.

This would mark the 8th straight season, and 10th overall, that he has hit the 40 point plateau. After five seasons of regression, Szlerchek knows that he doesn’t have much time left to keep putting up this kind of numbers. He also knows that once he starts putting up less and less numbers, that he no longer becomes a role player on a team, but rather just a roster filler.

While Szlerchek has never been considered an elite player in the league, he could be the very definition of consistency. While it will be hard for him to keep recording 40 points, it is possible that he may still have a season or two left in him before a 30 point season would be considered a solid season.

Code:
~200 words

BONUS: Mainio Makinen Wolfpack

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]