Create Account

S33 Championship Week

TASK THREE

Question: Why can’t we get the playoff index updated for this stuff? I am going to base off the info available. It would be nice to all the stats when we are asked to include stats.

Heading into the SHL season 33 playoffs people could see that Randy Randleman was going to have an impact. Mr. Randleman was third in the league in scoring and had a major impact during the regular season. Heading into the finals Mr. Randleman racked up six goals and eight assists in ten games and was the leading left winger when it came to scoring. Randy was also keeping his physical style going into the playoffs. Randy got into three fights leading into the finals yet he failed to win any of those fights. Mr. Randleman was also leading the league in playoff penalty minutes with 35 penalty minutes. Randy was sixth in face off winning percentage with 54.68%. Mr. Randleman’s play got the Dragons into the finals but he was unable to raise the teams play to beat the New England Wolfpack. For as we all know the New England Wolfpack beat the Calgary Dragons ass.
~156 words

TASK FOUR
[Image: new.png]

TASK FIVE

Don Cherry: Welcome to the first intermission of game one of the SHL finals. So far it has been a physical game with no scoring. And now we can get some analysis from someone who loves the physical game. Please welcome Big Manius.

Big Manius: Thanks for having me here.

Don Cherry: Well the game has been pretty tight so far with some good Rock’em Sock’em action.

Big Manius: I agree it has been an exciting first for scoreless game. Although that roughing call on Boychuk was Bull**it. Oops, pardon me I do not do media very often.

Don Cherry: No problem, it is good to hear some solid hockey talk from a player. So how do you think this game will play out?

Big Manius: I am not too sure. New England is tough although as much as I hate them Calgary is tough and I do have some love with a few Dragon players.

Don Cherry: Oh yeah, you played with a couple of them during your Detroit days.

Big Manius: Yes, I do a have some playing history with a few of them. Oh it looks like we are about to start

Don Cherry: I think you are right so let’s turn this over to our play by play team. ToeDragon84?

~214 words

TASK SEVEN

SHL Season 33 Game #301

At that time of the season the Jet were fighting for a playoff spot. Fighting against the Seattle Riot and there was no way Big Manuis was going to let the Riot have a victory over the Jets. The end first period saw the game tied 1-1. The one Jets score was from Travis Kudleychuk assisted by Corey Bearss and Big Manious. The second period saw the Jets score thee more goals, one by Big Manius (assisted by Yuri Boyka, Don Pellegrino) and two from Yuri Boyka both of which had Big Manius assists and also were assisted Luke Fleming, Scott Robertson. Seattle scored one as well. The third period saw the jets score one more goals by the jets from Michael Burch again assisted by Big Manius and Scott Robertson. The game end with a 5-2 victory for the Jets and saw Big Manius having a goal and four assists for a five point game with three blocked shots.
~165 words

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

We all know that it takes a team effort to make it to the Challenge Cup Finals but tonight we will be taking a look at an individual effort that has been nothing short of spectacular so far this post-season. the player in question? Calgary Dragons all star forward Randy Randleman. One of many Veterans on this loaded Calgary Roster, Randleman is Leading the charge for his team with an impressive 6 goals and 9 assists through 10 games. Randleman isn't afraid to do what he has to do to stand up for his team mates or to get a spark going, as made evident by his 35 PIMs including 3 major penalties. He has been a very important player for the Dragons so far in the playoffs, playing an average of 22.84, second only to Nicholas Pedersen on the Dragons in minutes per game. With a tough opponent in the Wolfpack, we don't expect that to change any time soon.

TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

James: "Good evening and welcome to the TSN intermission report, I'm James Duthie. Today we are very lucky to have Hamilton Steelhawk forward Jon Ross here to answer a few questions for us. First off, thank you for being here Jon."

Jon: "It's a pleasure to be here James!"

James: "So tell me, what are your initial thoughts on the Calgary Dragons and New England Wolfpack Matchup?"

Jon:"Well honestly I'm a little disapointed that it's these two teams in the finals again. Both have won the cup recently and made multiple finals appearances. It seemed like Toronto had the Wolfpack on their heels but it wasn't meant to be. Obviously it's always fun to see such high end talent on the ice but it would be nice to see some new faces fighting for the cup."

James: "Speaking of, do you expect the Steelhawks to be contending for the cup next season?"

Jon: "Well as everyone knows, we are going through a bit of a rebuild but that should be wrapping up within the next few seasons. We have an amazing core of young, talented and like-minded players that are only going to get better. We were in the playoff picture for a while this year and just fell out at the end of the season. I think that next year we definitely stand a chance at making the playoffs and I expect us to make a very strong push for a spot."

James: "And what about Mr.Ross? What's he working on this offseason?"

Jon: "Well I just finished an extensive stint with our defensive coach, working on my game in our own end. Things have been going very well and I feel like I'm where I would like to be heading into next season in that regard. I'd like to get my eight up a bit and work on my faceoffs as well. I feel like my game is rounding out nicely when we have the puck but improving on these things can really help us drive possession and create more time on attack and ultimately scoring chances."

James: "Thanks a lot for doing this Jon. James Duthie and Hamilton Steelhawk Jon Ross. Back to you Gord"

TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

Everyone has that one moment they remember throughout their seasons. Well for me, this season it was when management for the Hamilton Steelhawks unveiled their brand new logo and Jerseys. We have been putting in a lot of work here in Hamilton to put together a competitive, winning hockey team and building from the ground up has it's challenges. While we did have some sort of game plan on the ice, one of the hardest challenges was forming a team identity. We were all starting to gel pretty well in the locker room and we have a multitude of personalities that fun to be around. We were a brand new team but we were kind of stuck in the shadow of what the Steelhawks once were. Our old jerseys certainly weren't terrible, they just weren't us. We are a completely new generation of steelhawks and I am thrilled that we get to lead the way with a brand spanking new look that we can really call our own.

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

The Calgary Dragons are making what feels like their hundredth consecutive playoff appearance to no ones surprise. I was asked what it was that they did exactly that brought them here again this year but my honest answer is that they didn't really have to do much. Calgary is such a well built team that it really wasnt that hard fro them to keep the good times rolling on through S33 and the post season. What is it that they have that other teams don't? Depth. High quality Depth. With a dozen players over 1000 TPE, Calgary's top six forwards and top 4 defenseman are all world class. Then when you add in a rising young star in Joe Kurzcewski and budding superstar Shane Gagner along with proven depth players like Pergher and Hill, you get one heck of a scary lineup. Some of their players are regressing so it won't last forever, but Calgary's management team deserves a pat on the back for the fantastic job they did putting this team together and maintaining it over the years.

BONUS: Randleman scores cup winning goal

TASK THREE
Without a doubt, Hunter Wong has to be the favourite at this point. Had Toronto knocked off New England, there might have been a debate, but no one in the finals has been as good as Wong. He's put up sparkling numbers, including a postseason best 2.04 GAA. Calgary has done a pretty good job of limiting the number of shots he's faced, but just for that you can't discredit the 0.924 Sv% that Wong has put up, second to only Harter of Toronto. He's lost just 2 games, and has propelled Calgary on a pretty easy run to the finals, never being in danger of being eliminated. No one skater has been dominant enough offensively to warrant consideration over Wong. Perhaps Kristian Eriksson, again though, there's no making a case for a player who didn't make the finals, though you're almost tempted to make one anyway for Harter because he played so well. When your only real competition is another goalie who didn't make the finals, it's a pretty easy choice for MVP.

TASK FOUR
[Image: xCWdCjm.png]

TASK SIX
[Image: CjLdj4b.png]

TASK SEVEN
Undoubtedly the highlight of my season was scoring my first career hat-trick. It was just the 3rd game of the season, and after a pretty good preseason where I scored over a point a game, I'd gone pointless through the first sim, and I was pretty sure I was on the way to a disappointing season. Surprise came in the 1st game of the second sim, I scored early in the second period to give us a 2-0 lead. We ended up blowing that lead before the second period was up, and were trailing 3-2 at the start of the 3rd. Midway through the period I broke open, and snapped home 2 more and was ecstatic as I scored my hatty. It was a great way to get on the board to start the season. Those 2 goals proved the difference as we took the game 4-3. It was a relief in the 3rd game to not have to worry about having a monkey on my back.

Bonus: Nathan Russell Wolfpack

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Task One: [Image: RCZ5INB.jpg]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Three: My personal selection for the most valuable player during the season 33 playoffs is Kristian Eriksson. Eriksson was unbelievable for the Toronto North Stars. The SHL veteran was on fire offensively, recording 7 goals and adding 10 assists in only 11 games. The North Stars relied heavily on Eriksson's offensive production and nearly rode it all the way to the Challenge Cup finals. Eriksson finished with 17 points despite not reaching the final round of the postseason. Had The North Stars been able to make it to the finals, Eriksson could have easily topped 20 points and the sky is the limit for what he may have actually ended up with. Eriksson has done a great job defying age and will surely go down as one of the best players in SHL history. The fact that Eriksson has remained loyal to the team that drafted should earn him a lot of points and he will likely be known as the best North Star of all time before he hangs up his skates. He also made me the sig that I used for my playoff towel so that was the clincher!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Five:

Interview - Jean, you guys played much better in the second period. What was the key to your teams success out there? Why such a dramatic turnaround?

JLR - Well Tom, we all went out and got pretty hammered last night. We should know better when we have an upcoming afternoon game like we do today, but there was just way too much going on and it seemed like a great chance to have some fun with the boys and really bond for this playoff push. We paid for it during the first period. We had to give Timo an I.V. at the apartment just to get him to the rink. I don't think he was really feeling it during the first period. During the first intermission, Snoop was in the locker room so we all smoked a few blunts. I think that really helped us out. Everybody started to feel better and we just started playing natural out there. It's hard to explain, but sometimes as you start to feel better from a rough night, you enter into a zone.

Interview So you guys started to sober up, you were smoking marijuana, and your goalie needed an i.v. this morning?

JLR - Yeah Tom, we also gave Timo a few shots of whiskey during the first intermission so I think that really helped to. Speaking of that, I may have to cut this short. We're all gonna see if we can't repeat the success we had by going with the methods we've been using.

Interview Wait JLR, Are you serious?

JLR - No Tom I'm obviously fucking with you. Get good at reporting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Seven:

The Highlight of my season had to be stepping into the role as assistant GM with the Panthers. While it was tough to leave Halifax, it was really cool to get to see how the SHL operates from a GM's perspective. I was directly involved with my first trade. Our post-season move with Portland. That was a lot of fun to work out and it was pretty cool of Marc-Andre Malkin to agree to a sign and trade deal that will benefit both organizations moving forward. I also ended up negotiating a contract with Brandon Gauthier. Gauthier was a person I was familiar with from the Raiders and it was great to help him find a landing spot in the SHL. Gauthier worked hard all season and looks like he will be a great prospect for us in the future. Negotiating his contract extension was a lot of fun as well and I look forward to treant joining our team. We also drafted Vinny Marino, that was quite a nerve-racking experience. I was convinced that somebody was going to take him with every passing pick. The Panthers were a lot of fun to be a part of. It's great to be part of such a well balanced team. Everybody gets along and it's an excellent team atmosphere to be a part of. I truly feel that this is just the beginning of an incredible Panthers team that will enjoy a lot of success together.

Cup Winning Goal: Nicholas Pederson Dragons

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

TASK THREE: Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.
The two front runners are Randy Randleman of the Calgary Dragons and Mainio Makinen of the New England Wolfpack. Entering the 3rd and final round of the playoffs both are been essential pieces of their teams success thus far and will arguably play a critical role in the finals. Each have scored 6 goals, and Randleman has a slight edge in points (15 to 14) due to one extra assist, although it is in two fewer games played. Both players also possess a strong rating with +7 [for Randleman] and +9. Perhaps the largest difference is in their physical play. Randleman has really expanded his role this season and has continued to do so in the post season with 3 fights and 20 hits (2 per game) whereas Makinen has stayed relatively one dimensional with only 1 hit and 1 minor through 12 games. Don't let that take away from his excellence on the ice though as he's managed to put 54 shots on net, 5 less than post-season leader Damien Wert. At this point I believe the MVP candidate will be one these two players, specifically which ever team wins the Challenge Cup.

TASK FIVE: Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.
Edmonton was knocked out in round 1 by the Los Angeles Panthers, but let's go back in time and interview Mr. Nik Scholz.
Campbell: 3 periods finished here in LA for game 6 of the western semi-finals and the game is all tied up at 3 a piece. I'm with Nik Scholz of the Edmonton Blizzard, Nik what do the Blizzard have to do in overtime to stave off elimination?
Scholz: I think we need to get back to playing our game, forcing turnovers and putting more shots on net. Haas has been great all series, but we need to keep challenging him.
Campbell: Much like this series there have been several lead changes in this game. You yourself got the first goal late in the first only to fall behind 2-1 early in the 2nd before tying it up in the 3rd. How does a team adapt to these changes?
Scholz: Hehe, honestly it's not exactly how we hoped this game would unfold, but these are two good teams and both have been quick to change and adapt to the game at hand. We need to continue to do that and capitalise on our chances.
Campbell: No doubt. Finally you've been on a streak as of late. With that goal in the first you're now on a 3 game goal streak and a 5 game point streak. What have you done to take your game to that next level?
Scholz: It's no secret Kaner, Koro and Peds on line 1 are our go to source for offense, but I do what I can on the second unit to compliment them as best I can. I also can't say enough about my linemates Chico and Mark, they've been great all season and have been great again here in round 1.

TASK SEVEN: Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.
Not many firsts or new personal bests for Scholz this season, but an interesting new trend this season has been his "emergence" as a physical presence. Now Scholz is no Theo Kane cranking out 200+ hits, but he has steadily increased his hit totals every season, setting a new career high with 47 in a season. In addition to that, he also participated in a total of 6 fights in S33. His role as a fighter has never really been watched or even tracked, but I can imagine those 6 fights are more than his fight totals from S24 through S32. In fact those 6 fights are exactly double the rest of his teams combined fight totals in S33 (3 total). That last portion would have to be the highlight of Scholz' season as he not only stepped up production wise on line 2, but stepped up physically as the team enforcer when called upon.

TASK EIGHT: Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.
With the softpack bouncing my Blizzard from the finals 2 seasons in a row I am going to write about why the Dragons are awesome and the steps they took to make the finals. First and foremost, they have an absolutely absurd amount of depth, perhaps matched only by the previously mentioned New England Wolfpack. Their wealth of talented, and experienced, skaters from top to bottom gives them a chance to win every night and in any situation. This wasn't done through trades or free agency, but rather being able to hang on to key players and perhaps no one has been more key to this season's success than Randy Randleman. The 1st overall pick has been nothing short of excellent ever since he entered the league, but he has really found a new level of play this season, especially in his two-way play, which has earned him a seat at the table for the MVP discussion. His 64 points during the season are only bested by Kane and Sarantez of the provincial rival Edmonton Blizzard, and his 15 points in only 10 post-season games are only bested by Toronto Northstar's Kristian Eriksson.

Bonus: Shane Gagner Dragons

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

For me I have to say the playoff MVP candidate for the championship winning New England Wolfpack has to be Mainio Makinen. Makinen had an absolutely dominant stat line of 10 goals, 15 assists, 25 points, and a plus minus of 10 through 18 games played during the New England playoff run. Makinen was also a absolute force on the powerplay during the playoffs leading the team with 5 powerplay points and 4 powerplay assists during the run. While teammate Raven Silverwing has been dominant in his own level, Mainio Makinen's points per 20 minutes is .10 higher than Silverwing's. Makinen was also very disciplined during the playoff run, only going to the penalty box once during the entire 18 game post season, which for a player to do that during an entire playoff run is very unheard of. If Makinen was not on the Wolfpack during the playoffs, I don't think they would even be close to a cup. With that, Makinen is my choice for MVP.

TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

Interview Thanks for joining us Zanarkand. Your team is down a goal after the first period. What do you think you can do to tie it up?

We have to out shoot Montreal. They are out shooting up by I believe 10 shots. We gotta stop that and keep their puck possession to a minimum while getting more shots on goal ourselves.

Interview Any other changes for the second?

We have to play more physical. While Montreal is playing more skilled than us, their physical game is non-existant. We have to get more hits, get physical on the boards, and basically force them into making mistakes.

Interview Last question. A few of your teammates will be called up to the SHL next season. Will you be one of those players?

I honestly don't know. It's one of those things where you have to take it 1 game at time. You never know what your destiny holds. I would like to go to Texas and play in the SHL, but at the same time I want to stay in Halifax and help win a 4 star cup. We just have to wait and see.

TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

The highlight for Zanarkand Abes season is not one specific moment but something that took place during the whole season, and that's doubling my point total during the course of the season. During S32, Abes only had 8 goals and 11 assists while playing only 16 minutes a game and only having a shooting percentage of 9% which for a rookie was a horrible number. During S33, Abes had 18 goals, 19 assists, and 37 points which was a huge improvement over S32 despite Abes having a cold start to S33. While his shooting percentage is only 2% more than the previous season, he scored 10 more goals than he did in S32 as well as 8 more assists. As well Abes had a plus minus of 18 which is more than the 3 he had in S33. Really being able to show to everybody that I belong in the SHL and SMJHL was the highlight for my entire season.

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

One reason the New England Wolfpack were able to make the playoffs and win the cup is not because of any free agent signing, trades, or personal accolades from a player, but a few rookie call ups from the SMJHL. Toivo Kosonen formerly of the Halifax Raiders and Cara Hohenberg formerly of the Kelowna Knights were probably the reason in my opinion why the Wolfpack were able to make the playoffs. Kosonen and Hohenberg proved immensely helpful in solidifying New England's defense corps. Kosonen had 6 goals and 20 assists while also having a plus minus of 18 which are great numbers for a rookie considering he has scored more that Mattias Holmberg an SHL veteran. Hohenberg is not far behind scoring 4 goals and 15 assists with a plus minus of 17. Without Kosonen and Hohenberg, the New England defense crops would have Benjamin Reid and Brandon Pomery on that bottom 2 pair, which in my opinion I do not think they are SHL caliber defensemen that Hohenberg and Kosonen are and New England would struggle to make the playoffs. Kosonen and Hohenberg were the reason New England made the playoffs and later on win the cup.

Bonus: Randy Randleman

TASK THREE

TASK SEVEN

TASK EIGHT

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning game sim, even if that happens before the conclusion of CW)

Bonus Question: Bubba Nuck

Task 1:
[Image: WDv35sZ.png]

Task 3:
Code:
People will always debate about who on the Calgary Dragons' dynasty is their Playoff MVP and let's face it there are plenty of great choices to choose from. Calgary is not only rich in talented veterans and overflowing with clutch leadership, but they also know how to make the most of it. When the chips are down, Calgary sends its best over the boards each and every time. The coaches aren't afraid to shorten the bench and point to their go to guys.

That's why for me, the Calgary Dragons' Playoff MVP has to be Bubba Nuck. Not only is he a standout defenseman on the ice and a towering leader off ice as well, but Nuck is a guy who comes to play each and every shift. His energy is uplifting for the entire bench and yet his poise is reassuring. Nuck not only has a point per game going with 10 so far in the playoffs but is also leading the team in +/- with +10 and logging an insane 28+ minutes per game. Its pretty clear that the coaches in Calgary know that Nuck is the man they want out there. And he's performed every time the coach taps him.

Task 5:
Code:
"Thanks Craig and Joe. I'm standing here with Portland Admirals prospect Finnish forward Teemu Sirius. Teemu, great to have you with us. How are you? Are you enjoying the game?"

"Thanks Al. Good to be here. I'm great. It's an exciting Finals and I'm just fortunate I was able to get a seat. This place is going nuts tonight."

"Talk to us about Prince George and will you be back after another disappointing early playoff exit?"

"No. I've already spoken with my agent, PGF management and Portland. I'm going to be joining the Admirals and making my SHL debut."

"That's big news you're breaking here. What kind of role do you expect to play as you make your debut?"

"I expect to start at the bottom of the roster and earn my time like anyone else. I'm working on my positioning and reading the play more. Guys at this level are so skilled you have to stay sharp and force turnovers."

"Now you're a guy known for scoring the big goals but struggled offensively in the SMJHL. What have you done to improve your scoring? I heard you talk about your defense but let's be honest Portland didn't draft you for your defensive game."

"No. They sure didn't. But I think at this level you have to play in all situations. You have to get ice time and you're not going to if you're a liability out there. So Yeah I want to score goals but I also want to move the puck and force turnovers and create chances. I have to be a guy the coach can count on who can play the PK not just the PP."

"Who do you have winning the Cup this year?"

"Calgary. I'm pulling for them to repeat. I think they have the experience and they'll get it done. Can't bet against them in the Playoffs."

"Thanks for joining us. Good luck in Portland."

"Thanks Al."

Task 6:
[Image: FIMGI7o.png]

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Task Three
Randy Randleman would be my candidate for playoff MVP. He is shooting an astonishing 15.79% which is the best among the top 10 point-getters in this playoffs. He is also 2nd place in points in the playoffs with 6 goals 9 assists in 10 games. He is currently the fire-y breath of the Calgary Dragons, the heart of the team that brings a winning attitude every night, giving strong hope for another cup repeat. He also leads the team in powerplay points with 4 and leads all the forwards on his team in +/-, with a +7. Along with that, he brings passion into the game, although sometimes going overboard- it can be a good momentum swing for his squad with his shenanigans on the ice. He's racked up 35 PIMs and has averaged 2 hits per game. Randleman is the Dragons' most valuable forward going into the finals and even if his team losses, he makes a very strong argument for playoff MVP.

Task Five

Now that you're about to play your last 20 minutes of the season, how do you feel about the team and the future of the Minnesota Chiefs?

I really like the direction this team is going, we're young and hungry.. we are all determined for a playoff run. We know the team had a few disappointing season in a row and we are going to change that.

You had a pretty decent performance in your first season in the SHL, after a strong performance in your last junior season, do you feel different this off season than last?

Well, this offseason was different because we didn't make the playoffs. Last offseason we went to the finals so its always hard watching other teams play while i cant.

What are your thoughts about next season?

I think we will have a better season now that everyone has some experience. I'm loving the position I'm at right now and we are all gelling in the lockerroom, I think we need to work on a little bit of everything, Andersson has been solid and we need to work harder both on offense and we need someone to pair with Eero on the 2nd D pairing.

Task Seven

Terrance Nova had many highlights this season, but his favorite one was the hat trick in a 3-1 win against the New England Wolfpack. Now Nova knows Wolfpack are a championship team but after the damage he has done to them in the regular season, Nova smiles with satisfaction from the ridiculous amount of points he has put up against them. Flacko assisted in all 3 of them, with the first one coming in the last 2 minutes of the first. The game winning goal by Nova came 1:45 after Dieter Dominique tied it 1-1 midway through the 2nd period. The one to complete the trifecta was an empty netter which is not really that impressive, but for what is worth- the goal came with 3 second left in the game with a desperation hustle attempt by Nova, dangling through the championship caliber defense. He has had a few 3 point performances this season, but never a 3 goal game.

Task Eight

I think the Dragons are a strong franchise team despite the regression. They have an MVP caliber player in his prime in Randy Randleman, who will remain that way for a while longer. They also have a strong core of veterans that stick together and a young upcoming elite prospect in Joe Kurczewski. They have a solid all-round team that have a strong background, pride and a winning attitude coming into every game. The most important reason why i think they make the playoffs every season is because they take defense seriously. It's actually pretty interesting how elite their defense is- 16 of their 18 Skater on the roster have their defense above 90, 6 of them at 95+. It's unbelievable and as long as they keep making the moves to maintain that defensive superiority, they'll be hanging around the Cup Finals for a while. One more step they need to take to stay a contending team is acquiring some young talent prospects within the next 2 to 3 season.

Doubt is a dream killer

Bonus: Randy Randleman

TASK ONE
[Image: bE8fLOq.png]

TASK TWO
[Image: 8Z80xrz.png]

TASK FOUR
[Image: cmkUDLJ.png]

TASK ONE
[Image: 743c1770db429a52d236b7541312d848.png]

TASK FOUR
[Image: 32ecdaae626f276f1a072863ed769539.png]

TASK SIX
[Image: 52bf2363655ca2faa48ff8d13ee17543.png]

TASK EIGHT
The Calgary Dragons have proven they have what it takes to be a contender each and every year. Sense season 27, the Dragons have won 3 cups and are in the finals and looking for a fourth. You do not make the finals 4 times in 7 years off of one trade or signing. A team as deep with star calibure players takes time and patients. It all start with the in depth scouting from the Dragons management team. They are so on the ball that a good portion of the current Dragons roster were brought into the SMJHL by affiliates of Calgary. In many cases it was a result of the advice Dragons scouting staff had passed along.

Quite simply put the Calgary organization has there eyes on players and started their grooming process well before the players even are aware. Diligent scouting, proper work ethic and a thirst for anything STHS may throw at them is what keeps Calgary as a top cup contender every season.

Winning goal answer: Alex Mack

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Code:
TASK ONE
Design a rally towel for a playoff game of your choosing. Must include the team logo.
[Image: MlFpSDh.png?1]
[Image: WqCYNtW.png]
Code:
TASK TWO
Make a graphic matching up a "Player To Watch" on each team in the finals. Must have 3 stats minimum, two player renders and team logos.
[Image: tJSiwo7.png]
Code:
TASK FOUR
Create a game ticket for any playoff game in S33. Must include the home team's logo.
[Image: I4NDZto.png]

Code:
TASK SIX
Make the Championship banner that goes across the top of the site, must include the team name, logo and at least one render.
[Image: BI407LT.png]

Bonus: buckner

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

TASK THREE: (157 words)

My choice for playoff MVP is no other than Captain Cory Knouse. Knouse was instrumental in helping the Knight’s get to their third straight Four Star Cup. Providing both reliable and clutch contributions to the Knights playoff run it would be hard to think they would have achieved anywhere near what they did without him. While averaging 1.25 PPG Knouse anchored a top line, and for many stretches seemed to be the only productive member of the line, who playing the oppositions top units. His 12 G and 13 A, and an astounding 0 PIM thru the run showed how strong of an offensive weapon he was while playing a clean, disciplined game. His discipline was one of the primary reasons he was awarded the C at the beginning of this season. His 19% shooting average is a testament to his level headedness in a very stressful 20 games, and concreates his levelheadedness in high stress situations.

TASK FIVE: (218 words)

Jake Johnson: Alright ladies and gentlemen, here I am with Vasily Horvat. Vasily, you guys are going into the third period down. In a game 7 for the championship, what do you need to do to get back in this game?

Vasily Horvat: Well Jake, I need to find a way to break out. I’ve really struggle this season with shooting and the puck has just not been there for me. I need to take advantage of the opportunities that I get and stop squandering them as I have been this entire series.

JJ: How do you feel about the team’s chances to win this game? You have said what you need to do, but what does the team need to do?

VH: Again Jake, we all need to find a way to break out. Montreal has a great defense. Their forwards back check as well as they fore check. They block shots, and they hit. With that said we need to play our game and do things our way as opposed to responding to what they do. They have dictated the game so far, but we need to go out and impose our will on them. If we can do that, I think we win.

JJ: Well that’s it for now. Thank you Vesily.

VH: Thanks Jake.

TASK SEVEN: (170 words)

The highlight of my season, and most likely my final season, was finally getting my Gordie Howe Hattrick. I never intended to play the game the way I have. When coming into the league I knew defense was not my strong point, so I bulked up a bit and started to play a more physical game. I knew that that was the way I was going to make up for my own weaknesses and be able to compete in a league that so heavily relies on pure offensive production. With that said, playing a physical style has its repercussions and responding to a hit is one of those things. In our first game of the season against St. Louis we beat them up pretty bad. I ended up with 2 goals, which on any day is surprising for me, chiped in an assist, and ended up fighting their rookie Brett Kennedy. The fight didn’t go my way as that kid handed me my ass, and my first loss to date.

TASK EIGHT: (154 words)

Montreal made some real strides in becoming a permanent contender this season. I don’t believe that it was necessarily a move, or even two, but the building of chemistry and some stability in their roster that did it for them. The development of the S32 rookies was huge for their success. Players like Michael Walker, who in S32 had 16 points and a -8, ended up leading the team with 58 points. He wasn’t the only sophomore who produced for the Militia either. Olli Ojala, Tim Elliot, and Ryan Strathairn all made huge steps between S32 and S33. The development and foresight to draft these players says a lot about the management in Montreal. The big question going into this offseason is does the Militia have the depth to sustain the inevitability that is players moving to the SHL. Will they be a flash in the pan, or will they be perennial contenders?

[Image: horvat3.png]

TASK ONE
Design a rally towel for a playoff game of your choosing. Must include the team logo.

[Image: t55YwVS.png]

TASK THREE

As a goaltender, i usually bring up goalies for this award. And Hunter Wong will definitely be a MVP candidate if he keeps this play up, no doubt about that. He has woken up for the playoffs and is playing on a far higher level than in the regular season.

However, my pick will not be Wong this season, my pick will instead be a skater. And amongst the skaters there are a couple good candidates from both teams, Randleman, Mäkinen, Landvik. Despite all these great players, i have chosen a Defenseman of the Calgary Dragons.

Bubba Nuck.

Bubba Nuck has shown great all-round capabilities and is having a grat playoffs!

He has 10 points, which puts him in the lead of all defenders together with his teammate Michael Boychuk. (who is my 2nd favourite for this award) And that with less games played than all but 2 on the top 10.

22 Hits. Though it puts him out of the top 10, he wouldn't be far away with the two extra games the others on there has.

+10 +/-. Though i don't really like this stat, he is 2nd in +/- in these playoffs, That shows that he's in on more even goals for than against, so ya, that's something.

TASK FOUR
Create a game ticket for any playoff game in S33. Must include the home team's logo.

[Image: nEVBoY6.png]

TASK SEVEN

All in all i would say that this was probably my best season to date in this sim, despite the stats not showing it. I did end up 1st in SV% on a team that ended 2nd to last, that has 2 defensemen, so that proves that i am capable to give my team a chance. Sadly it didn't convert to the amount of wins i wanted, but it is what it is.

Tanners SHL GVT shows it pretty clearly, I won that with a landslide, which goes to show that i am more important to my team than any other goaltender, while posting the high numbers i did, that should speak pretty clearly to how good i was.

The highlight of the season would of course be if this performance ended with a Mcbride, but seeing how people tend to get stuck on the top 10 leaders, and stats that are mainly team stats (GAA, Wins) that has 100% to do with the team, a goalie on a bad team will always have a hard time winning anything.

But to summarize, Winning the SV% despite having the most shots against by far would be my no:1 highlight, if i don't win the Mcbride that is.

(Vote for me)

BONUS: Who scores the cup winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning game sim, even if that happens before the conclusion of CW)

Randy Randleman

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Task #1
[Image: jHsTuzN.jpg]

Task #2
[Image: Tt580Fp.jpg?1]

Task #4
[Image: KnYVFEC.jpg]

Task #5
Kobe Jones: It’s the first intermission of the first game between Montreal Militia and Halifax Raiders. No goals for both sides. I have Zander Rhys the Raiders’ alternate captain with me. Hi Zander, good to have you.
Zander Rhys: Thanks Kobe, glad to be here.
Kobe Jones: You guys had a full week of rest because of the bye week. How does it affect your game?
Zander Rhys: No one wants to sit a whole week without action. We started slow, but got on our stride quickly. As you can see we had the most shots during the period, and were more disciplined than Militia. It’s unfortunate that we didn’t convert on our chances, this might due to lack of game fitness.
Kobe Jones: You are coming off from a career year. Tell me about it?
Zander Rhys: I indeed had a great season, both in offensive and defensive. This is due to my teammates and the big minutes that I played. The more you play, the more chances you get to improve and perform.
Kobe Jones: Are you going to do anything different in the second period?
Zander Rhys: Not at all. We have a game plan and we will stick to it. As long as everyone does their part, we should be able to win this one.
219 words

Bonus: Mainio Mäkinen