Create Account

PT 5 - PT 5: Gotta Start Somewhere

My first goal in the SMJHL hey? Well I could tell you about the nervous exhilaration of joining the Whalers in the gritty depths of the season. I could tell you about that particular day, my 14th game in the SMJHL with frustratingly no goals and only 1 point. Up against a dominant Montreal squad with an imposing net minder. I could tell you a lot about my first goal, but honestly all I could think about was practicing with my dad at the community rink in Edmonton.

Day after day we would do drills, My awkward frame seemed to make things difficult. Being 14 years old and almost 6' I always got bullied. Hockey gave me a great way to use that size and, I'll admit, release some of that pent up frustration by crushing the casual 16 year old heckler into the boards. Eventually I learned I had a pretty decent wrist shot to match that size.

Which brings us back to game number 14; Montreal; trailing by 3 in the final minute of the game. Phelps won the faceoff and hours of practice with my line mate and mentor told me to work my way up to the net and hopefully catch a rebound. Castro picked the puck up and found a line straight to my stick. A quick turn with a flick and I had my first SMJHL goal. I know dad would be smiling behind that stoic face of his.

Logbook of the Captain Fedor Shirobokov we write the Startime of Aprilf 14 2017 Game 5 Against the Raiders after one minute and Ten Seconds in the 3rd period Leafer Riley got the Face off in The Raiders Zone Passed it to Janis Døro He got it Back to Leafer He shots Jordin FourFour Jr. did rebound the somehow the puck bouned to me i got a clear shot way i slapped the shot to the net and it went in the upper left corner it was an amazing feeling to score just after 5 games in this league some guys wait 30 , 40 or more games for this opportunity to write thier name in the history books of this league and the cream of the top of the cake was that i got the scond star of the game for archiving 1 goal and 2 assists in that game it was an great game for me and the team next stop in the journey of the uss knightskation will be the playofs than the finals and then we will raise the cup you heard it here first logbook of the captain Fedor Shirobokov closed for today read you all later in the next one.

206 words

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

GFX point tasks fuckin suck.
What the fuck is a game day program supposed to be? are you Silly im still gunna send it
[Image: nq0kXY9.jpg]

[Image: cuffana.png]

Young Latvian center with not so usual name for Latvian Chris Smulander had some difficulties at the start of his career. Highly rated sniper just couldn't found the net in hes first 10 games. Even he was close. It all changed in St.Louis playing Scarecrows. Team who was also highly interested in to this young talent. It was midle of first period and face off was in St.Louis zone for icing. Jack Grey stepped up vs Lizzy Jukka and won the face off. There it was, team was passing puck around the St.Louis zone and Jack Grey had a shot... Smulander was in front of the goalkeeper and managed to slightly deflect the puck and he did just that. First goal and second point of Smulander's short smjhl career. What a moment it was for young Falcon.

After the game in interview Chris said. "This goal came really hard, and I wanted it since I stepped on the ice 11 games ago. I hope that it is just a beggining of something awesome and I can help my team to reach the highest goals. "

When asked how hard it was to score this goal Smulander said. "It seemed like Grey was aiming for my stick and all I had to do was just beeing there.".

My first goal in the SMJHL is one that I will never forget. I was frightened to think that I would have to play through multiple games before getting a goal. I was more scared that me being goal less would take a toll on me mentally as well. Luckily this never happened, since i netted the first goal for the Colorado Mammoths in the regular season.

The goal came just 1:02 seconds into the first period on my first shift. I just remember my line mate Asvard Lyszczarczyk taking a nasty hit and losing possession. At this point I was positioned on the other side of the ice, ready to get myself back into the defensive zone to fight off the Raider attack. Olson Stuart was great on the fore check though and gained possesion after the hit on Lyszczarczyk. Stuart then made a great pass to Lyszczarczyk which bought me time to get behind the defenders in the offensive zone. Once Lyszczarczyk got the puck to be behind the defenders I just focused on cutting to the net and pocketing the puck short side for my first goal in the SMJHL career.

To be able to go out and make a huge impact for the team and the fans means a lot to me and has really helped to make me feel welcome in Colorado. Also scoring my second goal in the second period of that game helped a lot too haha.

The greatest memory of my rookie season as getting the first star of the game. We were here on home ice for our Vancouver crowd. It was a rough game, against the Colorado Mammoth. They’re a team that was way ahead of us in the standings and we weren’t expected to win. The team and I gave it everything we had, even got the first goal on the power play early in the first! Then Finn tied it up at about the half-way point on the power play set off by Shoyu. Just a few minutes later, I got an amazing pass from Shoyu, and got the go-ahead goal. Not to be outdone, Teddy got a goal right before the buzzer, and we headed to the locker room to contemplate our chances with the board all tied up at 2.

Robert came by and talked to me briefly before we headed out. “We need this one, you’ve got the hands tonight, and we’re counting on you.” As our line got out there, we were pedal to the metal. The faceoff was in our end; Rob beat Finn and got it to Spitfire. He passed it back to Rob who brought it up to the neutral zone. I raced for the net as he passed it over to Hoid; a quick pass gave me a one-timer opportunity. The puck sailed past Boeing, as he dove to grab it, and the horn sounded! We tightened up and shut them down the rest of the night. Much thanks go to Carrick in net, he gave his all and made some amazing saves. Skating out there to the cheering fans as they announced my name as the first star of the game is a highlight of my career.

It was my second game. I was only slightly less nervous than my first time taking the ice for the Detroit Falcons. My first outing ended with a resounding win for the Falcons and I was a +2, but was held off the score sheet. As an offensive defenseman, I knew I was signed to impact the offensive side of the puck.

I was determined to get a goal in my second game. The opportunity would come sooner than I expected, 1:16 into my second game, against the Whalers, they took a holding penalty. When I signed, I was told I would be on the blue line for the second power play unit and sure enough, the coach tapped my shoulder and I jumped over the boards for the faceoff in the Whalers' zone.

Gauthier won the faceoff, directing it back at me. I took a quick shot, determined to get that goal. Still nervous, I was gripping my stick a bit too hard and fired just wide. The puck bounced off the boards and popped out to the front of the net to the waiting stick of Arrivabene who took a quick shot. The shot redirected off the goalie's far pad and Grey rifled the puck into the empty side off the net, leaving no chance for the Whalers' goalie. My first SMJHL point! It wasn't a goal, but anything to help the team. It just felt good to get on the scoresheet.

We didn't end up winning that game, we lost in a shootout, but I will never forget my first point in the SMJHL.

[Image: Richter.jpg]

When Yuri Bakos-Markov came over from Russia last season he was worried he wouldn't have any success in North America, would he even score a single goal and have to go home another bust. When Montreal signed him on a predraft contract last year he had his shot to prove he wouldn't falter. In his first game he played, in Montreal against the Vancouver Whalers, he would make his mark on the score sheet. The game its self was fast-paced and exciting, with neither team able to get a lead for long before the other team was able to counter.

Yuri had been on fire with three shots already before the start of the third period. Jaylor Toast picked the puck up in the Montreal zone and crossed the blueline where he passed to Bakos-Markov as he was about to cross into the offensive zone. Bakos-Markov then saw Marcos Maciel, he stopped up and passed to him breaking into the zone, Yuri then skated to the top of the left circle and called for a pass. The pass went through the Whaler defender right to Yuri's stick where he connected with the puck and launched it into the back of the net. This is a huge moment for Yuri since it was several firsts for him, first point, first goal, first game winner. From that moment he felt like he was ready for this league.

My first goal is a memory that I will always treasure; not just because of the goal but the fact of who we were playing. In the second game of the season against Detroit, my good buddy Hansen came up to me before the game and tapped my shin, "tonight's the night buddy, I feel it." Even just hearin him say that sent chills down my spine.

In just my second ever SMJHL game, management gave me a huge nod, putting me out there on the second line with the likes of Vesa Perhonen and Elias Lindstrom, and they told us to get the game going strong. Well, we didn't make them wait. Three minutes into the first period, Ryan Strathairn played the puck down low to Perhonen who showed off the vision that he's become known for in the league and threaded the puck between the legs of a defender right onto my stick in the high slot. Nobody around me with time in the slot I settled the puck down and took a quick look seeing the goalie dropping to butterfly early I just shot through instinct. Blocker side over the pad just out of reach. "CLINK!" Off the post, but the puck trickled slowly towards the line with the goalie looking around, and before he found it the puck hit the red line. As he turned and dove desperately the puck crossed. There was my first goal as an SMJHL player. And against our arch-rival, it was even sweeter.

Sitting in the dressing room before my first regular season game, my heart was beating fast. Not from nervousness, but from excitement. I was starting on the second defense pairing, and I was expecting to get some power play time in as well. I did not expect to get my first point so quickly. It came in the 2nd period. I started the break out from behind our net. Looking up, I saw that our top line had come out onto the ice, and I knew the faster I moved the puck, the better our chance to score. I deked by an oncoming forechecker and found Michael Walker breaking up the wing. I fired as strong a pass I could muster, and it landed right onto the tape of Walker's stick. He broke up the wing with speed as he entered the offensive zone, finding Tim Elliott breaking hard for the net. Connecting on a beautifully threaded pass, Walker gave Elliott the puck, and in-turn, Elliott roofed the puck top shelf. I almost forgot that I was the one who had started the play in the first place as I raced up to celebrate with my teammates. It was an amazing feeling, and only the beginning of a season I won't soon forget.

There it was, the first SMJHL game ever for majority of the Vancouver Whalers roster. Players fresh off the seemingly dominate Season 34 SMJHL draft we’re suited up and ready to take down the St. Louis Scarecrows. Spitfire started the game on the bench as Latta - Bennett - Odjick got out there to start the game. The game started off slow, as both teams we’re able to get out on the ice and start making some plays up and down the ice. As time progressed the Whalers got the first goal of the season against the Crows asa Gray put it past Wagner. All of the rookies on and off the ice cheered like crazy. It was really quite the moment, and a demonstration of the bright future. The game continued back and forth as the teams were tied 2-2 going into the 3rd period. Spitfire was feeling frustrated having not contributed offensively to the team, and seeing that was Spits most important job he decided to ramp it up and play harder. After the Crows took a bad penalty, Spitfire - Bennett - Magar line got out there started cycling the puck. BENNETT TO MAGAR TO SPITFIRE, SPITFIRE LETS IT RIP! GOALLLL. Magar got his second point of the game and Spitfire got the first ever goal in Spite SMJHL career. Spitfire celebrated with the rest of the team in joy. They then proceeded to lose the game RIP.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen