Create Account

SMJHL - S34 First Overall Series

Quote:Originally posted by The_Mazais@May 16 2017, 08:14 AM
Bullshit. The loser should get it. They are obviously weakest team
The whole idea was to discourage intentional tanking and have a series for the bottom 2 teams to watch. Tho I do think there might be a better option. Maybe have this series and just award some extra lottery balls to the winner?

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by The_Mazais@May 16 2017, 11:14 AM

Yeaa.. this seems kinda wild and makes no sense... What is the purpose of the draft if the weaker team doesn't get first OVR..

I think everyone knows whalers were the better team before these games.. this seems to favor the teams with the most prospects/ team which is comming out thr rebuild rather than the team that is trying to rebuild.

. Imo this doesnt make things interesting, it's just unfair.

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by The_Mazais@May 16 2017, 11:14 AM
YES Scrub

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@May 16 2017, 08:22 AM

Yeaa.. this seems kinda wild and makes no sense... What is the purpose of the draft if the weaker team doesn't get first OVR..

I think everyone knows whalers were the better team before these games.. this seems to favor the teams with the most prospects/ team which is comming out thr rebuild rather than the team that is trying to rebuild.

. Imo this doesnt make things interesting,  it's just unfair.

Yep, exactly what I was trying to say. Halifax was clearly the bottom team even before they gave up pieces at the trade deadline.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@May 16 2017, 11:21 AM

The whole idea was to discourage intentional tanking and have a series for the bottom 2 teams to watch. Tho I do think there might be a better option. Maybe have this series and just award some extra lottery balls to the winner?

Why don't give more lottery balls to the 4 Star Champs. They tank less

Quote:Originally posted by TheWoZy@May 16 2017, 11:24 AM

Why don't give more lottery balls to the 4 Star Champs. They tank less
lol this literally makes the draft pointless. also if the purpose was to discourage tanking, this actually makes it worse

"hey lets give the guys with all the rookies and are looking deadly next season the 1OVR"
Rolleyes

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@May 16 2017, 07:21 PM

Sorry but who came up with this?
Like now you sink your season and get 2nd OA pick at worse instead of beeing in a lottery where You can got unlucky and end up with let's say 5th pick

Quote:Originally posted by The_Mazais@May 16 2017, 08:34 AM

Sorry but who came up with this?
Like now you sink your season and get 2nd OA pick at worse instead of beeing in a lottery where You can got unlucky and end up with let's say 5th pick
SMJHL HO I assume, I don't know who came up with it. I actually think the better solution would be to have this battle, but at best the 2nd worst team could win their way into the same lotto odds as the 1st worst team.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I think there should be no draft and everyone should have to sign free agents. Each season, the team with the least amount of points in the regular season is relegated to the prospect tournament

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 12:36 PM
I think there should be no draft and everyone should have to sign free agents. Each season, the team with the least amount of points in the regular season is relegated to the prospect tournament

Does one team from the prospects tournament get promoted each year, or is this just a long-term plan to eliminate the SMJHL and replace it with a prospects tournament?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 11:36 AM

Well Falcons loses automatically

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@May 16 2017, 09:38 AM

Does one team from the prospects tournament get promoted each year, or is this just a long-term plan to eliminate the SMJHL and replace it with a prospects tournament?

it's a weeding out of the SMJHL. After 7 regular seasons and only 1 team remains, that team will be awarded the Four Star Cup

Hire me, SMJHL HO

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I think the last UFA DET signed was Sarmo (before Plastic Bowl)

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 07:40 PM

it's a weeding out of the SMJHL. After 7 regular seasons and only 1 team remains, that team will be awarded the Four Star Cup

Hire me, SMJHL HO
Best idea ever.

Quote:Originally posted by TheWoZy@May 16 2017, 11:41 AM
I think the last UFA DET signed was Sarmo (before Plastic Bowl)
lol yup.. good point

Doubt is a dream killer