Create Account

SMJHL - S34 First Overall Series

This is weird

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@May 16 2017, 11:52 AM

lol yup.. good point

aka the respected goat

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Eliminated teams automatically get 1 & 2 OA picks, so it's not much of a difference between the winner of the series. Maybe more lotto balls like DT suggested instead next year? :shrug:

Quote:Originally posted by QuantumCowboy@May 16 2017, 11:57 AM
Eliminated teams automatically get 1 & 2 OA picks, so it's not much of a difference between the winner of the series. Maybe more lotto balls like DT suggested instead next year? :shrug:

It's a big difference IMO.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:Originally posted by QuantumCowboy@May 16 2017, 08:57 AM
Actually it's even worse than that.. The loser of the series is entered into the lotto, with a large number of balls, but they could still fall in the draft lotto.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 11:40 AM

it's a weeding out of the SMJHL. After 7 regular seasons and only 1 team remains, that team will be awarded the Four Star Cup

Hire me, SMJHL HO

ur hire

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Quote:Originally posted by TheWoZy@May 16 2017, 09:59 AM

It's a big difference IMO.

If the next draft is like the last, there were lots of good players to pick from beyond 1OA.

EDIT: I didn't realize that this was only for 1OA and loser gets regular lotto. That is stink balls and they should be fighting for 1 & 2 OA picks.

Quote:Originally posted by QuantumCowboy@May 16 2017, 12:01 PM

If the next draft is like the last, there were lots of good players to pick from beyond 1OA.

EDIT: I didn't realize that this was only for 1OA and loser gets regular lotto. That is stink balls and they should be fighting for 1 & 2 OA picks.
Not every draft is amazing like last but they can get good. Players possibly can still get good players at 2nd or 3rd overall but first overall should be for the worst team regardless of what the GM is planning. Raiders were about 10 points behind a Whalers team that is insanely active and updating.. does that not make them the team more in favor of the idea of tanking?

The draft should have a regular lottery with bottom 3 teams getting more balls imo

Doubt is a dream killer

To all of those saying that the lotto is unfair and the worst team should get 1 OA:
[Image: 15593964_nhl-draft-lottery-devils-win-no...b4f37e.jpg]

where is your god now

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 12:22 PM
To all of those saying that the lotto is unfair and the worst team should get 1 OA:

where is your god now
tbh i wouldnt mind NHL having bottom 4 teams playing for 1st overall, id just find the lack of dignity hiliarious.

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@May 16 2017, 10:26 AM

tbh i wouldnt mind NHL having bottom 4 teams playing for 1st overall, id just find the lack of dignity hiliarious.

tbh i was pretty titled that the canucks fell, but i mean you can't guarantee anything from tanking

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 12:28 PM

tbh i was pretty titled that the canucks fell, but i mean you can't guarantee anything from tanking
if you look at that picture youd think every team fell lol

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 12:28 PM

Which is why the concept that we need extra safeguards to prevent tanking is silly.

Especially when the previous playoff format removed that incentive completely with the fact anyone can make a playoff run without needing to load up or tank to get stars.

Talk about making things overly complicated.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 16 2017, 12:22 PM

where is your god now

mark this NSFW next time

🍆💦💦💦

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Quote:Originally posted by QuantumCowboy@May 16 2017, 06:39 AM

Might make a GM think twice before tanking their team for an easy 1OA pick.

It's not tanking when Halifax got fucked in the ass with call ups the previous off season.