S35 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: Mercer Church
Player Position: Center
Link to Profile: Mercer Church profile
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5: 5
What kind of player do you want to build? Two Way Scoring Center
Why should Vancouver draft you? Low risk, high reward
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Murder a player with my skate
Do you know any players from the league? Yep, at least a handful.
How would you describe your personality? I live for sim leagues and I breathe for TPE
Who is your favorite NHL team? Toronto Maple Leafs
Post you favorite .gif

[Image: JpNYuaF.gif]

Player Name: Chuck Bernstein
Player Position: Left wing
Link to Profile: CHUCK
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 4.5
What kind of player do you want to build? Two-way forward with an emphasis on scoring
Why should Vancouver draft you? Because you need to waste your low picks on SOMEONE
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Figuring out how everything works on this site. Just want to get a good understanding of the rules and meet some cool people.
Do you know any players from the league? Nope.
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I'm super friendly and outgoing. I play semi-pro rugby with a local mens team. Watch a lot of netflix and just try to meet new people all the time.
Who is your favorite NHL team? The Anaheim Ducks. Mighty or otherwise.
Post you favorite .gif
[Image: tumblr_mvg6t3TnPO1sig9gio1_400.gif]

Player Name: Tommy McMahon
Player Position: Right Wing
Link to Profile: My Profile
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 4.
What kind of player do you want to build? Patrik Laine type of guy.
Why should Vancouver draft you? Because I want to stop you from whaling. You aren't Norway you're Vancouver.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Fifteen Points, a +/- rating above -5.
Do you know any players from the league?Nope.
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies!
I'm pretty quiet (unless I'm drunk) but I like hanging out with people. I love hockey and baseball. I also enjoy gaming quite a bit.
Who is your favorite NHL team?
Bruins
Post you favorite .gif
My Favorite Gif

Player Name: Colton Hagan
Player Position: RW
Link to Profile: Sig, or here
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 5
What kind of player do you want to build? Power forward who scores and kills.
Why should Vancouver draft you? I'm literally the only player not afraid to hit.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Lots of hits, generate offense.
Do you know any players from the league? Yes. I fought you in juniors last go around.
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Laid back and easygoing. I like to shoot, game, play hockey, football, etc.
Who is your favorite NHL team? Nashville Predators
Post you favorite .gif: https://gfycat.com/TenseIdioticAsianPorcupine

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Player Name:
Arthur Dayne

Player Position:
Defensive Defenseman

Link to Profile:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showuser=2685

Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day)
3-4

What kind of player do you want to build?
Shutdown defensive guy that's a pain to play against. Gets a solid number of assists too.

Why should Vancouver draft you?
I work hard all day every day, and I stand up for my teammates.

What are your goals for your first SMJHL season?
Get established in the league and get to know the other players.

Do you know any players from the league?
nope

How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies!
I'm not super outgoing but my friends tell me I'm funny. I love watching hockey and listening to music. Talking shit with my friends is probably my favorite thing to do. I'm a pretty cynical person (anyone would be after being stabbed in the back during a duel), but I like being optimistic. It's a weird balance but it works. I think I'd be a good locker room presence.

Canes baby.

Post you favorite .gif
[Image: eba9450263bc2c684556127843f1d94c.jpg]

Player Name: Joakim Lindqvist

Link to Profile: Oi m8

Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day): 3-4

What kind of player do you want to build? A center who can win faceoffs when needed and racks up those assists

Why should Vancouver draft you? 50 in 07

What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? puttin the buscuit in the basket

Do you know any players from the league? Yeah I'm starting to meet a lot on the Discord

How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Congenial. I like sports in general, gaming, reading, etc. The usual stuff

Who is your favorite NHL team? MN Wild

Post you favorite .gif
[Image: 1381653179543553063.gif]

Player Name: Sami Owens
Player Position: D
Link to Profile: Player Page
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 5
What kind of player do you want to build? Offensive
Why should Vancouver draft you? Maybe? Not sure I want to be a Whaler, but I like Kai, so maybe i'd give it a chance.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Win & Score Points
Do you know any players from the league? lots
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Fun and Nice
Who is your favorite NHL team? Buffalo
Post you favorite .gif
[Image: 1389808724_dog_in_a_wig_eating_ice_cream.gif]

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Player Name: Dionýz Vyskoč
Link to Profile: Here
What kind of player do you want to build? An all-around offensive forward
Why should Vancouver draft you? Well, if they want me I should be considered, I will say that it'd be a good story considering Dionýz is former Whaler Marek Vyskoč's son
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Do well offensively, as dominant as possible
Do you know any players from the league? Quite a few, in this draft class and in the SMJHL in general
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I'm open and friendly (I think). I love playing hockey IRL and play video games
Who is your favorite NHL team? The Devils, although I'm a few years removed from paying attention
Post you favorite .gif [Image: rusrs1.gif]
[/CODE]

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Player Name: Tigole Bitties
Link to Profile: Tigole Bitties
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day): 5
What kind of player do you want to build?: Two Way Centerman
Why should Vancouver draft you?: Because I like the Whalers!
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season?: Four Star Cup or Bust!
Do you know any players from the league?: Uh, sure?;
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies!: I'm a grouchy old man.
Who is your favorite NHL team?: Boston
Post you favorite .gif: No.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Player Name: Nour Harrak
Link to Profile: My Player Page
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day): Somewhere between 4 and 5? I'll be on at least once a day.
What kind of player do you want to build? A Sniper!
Why should Vancouver draft you? I can earn money a lot faster than most players in my draft class, as I have podcasting experience, I've written long articles for websites before, AND I have graphic design experience. This, combined with my player's Twitter account will allow me to earn money fast, which will let me train faster, making me an instant force on the ice from the start. Also, my girlfriend lives in Vancouver so it would be a funny little quirk to be on a Vancouver team! Also "No one remembers number 2" - Alexander Daigle
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? I want to work hard to the point of setting records, which is a bit of a loftier goal, so my main goal is to work my way up as a top 6 player on the Whalers
Do you know any players from the league? I met a few people on the Discord chat last night but I haven't known anyone here too long!
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I'm, very extroverted and love socializing, so once we get back the awkward introductory period we're pretty much gonna be best friends at that point haha! I'm a natural leader according to a lot of my friends too. Hobbies consist of a lot of video games, comic books, podcasting, making music, anime, and I'm currently in college for Computer Network Support.
Who is your favorite NHL team? Pittsburgh Penguins fan since I was 11!
Post you favorite .gif [Image: Bangin-whores.gif]

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Player Name: Yuri Boyka Jr.
Player Position: C
Link to Profile: sig
What kind of player do you want to build? Offensive forward with high impact
Why should Vancouver draft you? Because I am a team player first.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? For now, just get as much tpe as possible and be active
Do you know any players from the league? Yes, as i am a recreate
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Low key individual that loves to hang out. partying and drinking too. League of legends as well.
Who is your favorite NHL team? Montreal Canadiens
Post you favorite .gif
[Image: funny-gif-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif]

[Image: 6c148GU.png]
[Image: 1JDgYfw.png]

Player Name: Dwayne Wyder
Player Position: LW
Link to Profile: In sig
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 4
What kind of player do you want to build? Strong power forward that can hit.
Why should Vancouver draft you? Everyone needs a train.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Lead the league in hits
Do you know any players from the league? No
I wouldn't. I like to listen to music, go to breweries, surf, play guitar, video games, play basketball, etc.
LA Kings
Post you favorite .gif
[Image: gezumfzpygt1xdwwecag.gif]
( IU SUCKS)

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Player Name: Seth Page

Player Position: D

Link to Profile: Page

Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day)

Physical pass-first two-way defenceman with

I'm a decent locker room presence and I've been around awhile so I can help get the new guys situated.

Be active in the LR and have a good time.

I know most of the veteran members that have been around a couple years from when I was last active on the site. Haven't been around in almost two years though, so a lot of the newer prominent members are a mystery to me.

I'm not a very serious person. I joke around a lot and won't shut up in the LR. In my spare time I like watching baseball and being disappointed by Toronto sports teams.

Leafs

I'm a big fan of this gif
[Image: LazyAggressiveAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif]

Player Name: Bar Downski
Link to Profile: Player / Update
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 4 - I plan logging on multiple times through the week. Other than spending time with my wife, working, playing golf or hockey, I'm usually on the computer.
What kind of player do you want to build? A reliable TWF. I want to contribute on the offensive side of the puck as a shooter but also keep the puck out of our net.
Why should Vancouver draft you? I hope to be the type of player teams can build around.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? I'm hoping to learn from the veterans wherever I can and be a leader on the team in terms of +/-. Lets not forget about putting the puck in the net a fair amount as well.
Do you know any players from the league? Not yet!
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I'm a laid back guy. I love hockey, video games, and golf.
Who is your favorite NHL team?New Jersey Devils! (LETS GOOOOOOOO)
Post you favorite .gif
[Image: vqKnM8.gif]

Player Name: Isak Ødegård

Player Position: Defense

Link to Profile: Link

4/5 - I'm always reachable by PM and discord, and on a ton during the week, but sometimes a bit quieter on weekends

I listed him as OFD because one of my goals with him is to be a goal-scorer after playing more of a playmaking and physical player last time around. But realistically, I won't sacrifice defense, so he'll be more of a TWD build.

Because I've been around the site for three years and still haven't lost interest. I get along with almost everyone - on a team that's often looked down on by outsiders, I've always been one of the people who was liked and respected even in the midst of the lilluminati hatred. I know the workings of the SHL extremely well, and can be a great mentor to the rest of the team if needed, but I also really enjoy just chatting with folks.

I only played one season in juniors my first time around, and in general my goal is to get a much more in-depth juniors experience this time around. First season my goal is to help the team do as well as we can - if we get a cup out of it or Isak does especially well that's a bonus, but I've been through rebuilds before and as a PWF Russell took forever to become an elite player, so I understand the process and the need for patience. As long as we have fun as a team, become a fairly close knit group, and it feels like both the team and the GMs are doing their best, then I'll look at the season as a success even if it doesn't show up on the stats sheet.

I have no idea who any of you people are Ninja

I walk the line between introverted and extroverted, sometimes I need time to myself but most of the time I love being social and chatting with folks. Obviously I'm a huge hockey fan, but I'd say my other big obsession these days is the show Critical Role - it's just a weekly twitch stream of a group of voice actors playing Dungeons & Dragons, but it's one of the best stories and most entertaining things I've ever come across. I've started playing D&D regularly because of that inspiration - I'm also a gamer in general, although I've had less time for video games lately than I'd like.

Bruins, although I'm fairly easy going - I love my team the most, but I'm pretty open to enjoying other teams as long as they're not playing against us. I'm also an AHL fan, and go to about 15 games in Providence each year - I was pleasantly surprised when we made it to the conference finals this year, although the Crunch kind of destroyed us.

Post your favorite .gif
[Image: 8b5fe1421ada2b49d24d31f0393b345f.gif]

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]