Create Account

S35 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?

Colton Hagan, RW

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?

Good LR, good people, and beating the piss out of the rest of the league.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?

I'm literally the only power forward, so I'll hit the shit out of all the other weaklings.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

Yes.

5. What are your goals for your player?

Top 6 SHL player, at least. And 100 hits per season.

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season?

I mean, I'd like to be able to play quite a lot.

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?

Active locker rooms build success.

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself.

I referee hockey as a job.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Arthur Dayne, defenseman
A team that will give me the best opportunity to develop my skills with a good locker room culture.
I care less about personal points and more about keeping the puck out of our zone and getting the team the win.
4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?
Sure, I'm fine with discord.
Would love to get to know other players and establish myself as a really good shutdown defenseman. Hopefully get some attention from SHL teams.
I don't think anyone likes to be a healthy scratch or a 4th liner, but my first season is going to be a learning experience so I don't expect to be getting 20+ minutes a game for a while.
I think it's a positive feedback loop. Winning leads to a good locker room, and a good locker room leads to winning. You can't win if your locker room is awful though, so I'd say an active locker room is more important.
I love snowboarding.

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Joakim Lindqvist - Center

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? To have my player be developed and ready for the SHL

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I'm ferda boys

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? Yeah absolutely

5. What are your goals for your player? tickling the twine

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? I think extremely important

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? For my first season? Active locker room. Long run? Team success.

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I can only flair one nostril

Bar Downski, Right Wing

Looking for some good teammates who are willing to work together to achieve our goals. I'm looking to learn from the veterans and mentors, but I'm also hungry to tear it up

If you are looking for a forward who wont hesitate to snipe a one timey off the crossbar, look no further. I also try to play a respectable defensive game. I'm a good guy, I like to have fun, but I also want to win

Fine by me coach

Play well on both sides of the puck. Solid defensive and controlling game with a focus on scoring over passing.

As a rookie i think you can only take what you get. Its up to me to prove I'm willing to do what it takes by training and pushing my way up the lineup and forcing the coaching staff to make tough decisions. Nothing in this life is free, including ice time =)

This early on in my career I think I would benefit more from a more active locker room but being a part of a winning culture from the start usually leads to success down the road. I guess its a cop out answer to say a bit of both, but if I had to choose, I think an active locker room is more important early on.

When I was younger I tore up the Dance Dance Revolution arcade machine and I like to think I can attribute some of my skating ability and agility to that video game.

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Sami Owens & Defense

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? Winning

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I am nice and a recreate with a pretty good track record?

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? Yes

5. What are your goals for your player? Win lots, play good D and score some points

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? meh

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? both

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. no

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Dionýz Vyskoč - RW

A great atmosphere and great linemates

I have gone zero to hero, from skrub to skrub lord . . . I am now a TPE whore . . . my parents raised me better

PGF was almost 100% in disc, so yeah

To score goals and get assists, be the best I can be offensively

I want to be in an important role to the team

Both are necessary to be a great team, but it is possible to have a good team without team success, so an active locker room is more important.

00 is my number in real life

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Code:
Thanks! I'm Tigole Bitties. I'm a two way centerman.

Someone that'll put me in a position to succeed.

My handsome good looks.

Sure, I guess.

Win as many trophies as possible, baby.

Pretty dang important, son.

Winning.

If you swap the B and the T in my names it says Bigole Titties. Isn't that great?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

1. Yuri Boyka Jr and I play C due to lack of C depth
2. All i expect from my team is to have a fun environment. Sure winning is nice but it is not a necessity. It is just a luxury. I just want a fun team.
3. As i am a recreate, you already know that i work towards getting tpe. I am an under the radar type of player who usually squeezes by many but has a big impact.
4. Don't know what discord is but willing to try it.
5. I want to make a high impact player that wins a cup for his team. I am a team first player as well. Right now, i just want to rack up my tpe and be a top player.
6. Well I wouldn't say that it is not important at all as it clearly is. Everyone wants playing time for their player but it is also important that your player deserves that amount of playing time. Hard work should be rewarded.
7. I would so both is equally important and active locker room takes the edge by a little.
8. I almost shat my pants.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Nour Harrak - RW

Want to be a part of team with a dedication to improving themselves and a desire to win, but at the same time not to the point of toxicity. Basically a team that wants to win but wants to have fun doing it.

Aside from dedication, which I'm sure a lot of other prospects will offer, I have probably one of the most avenues of earning money available amongst my class, which in turn will lead to more training. I have previous experience in article writing, podcasting and graphic design, and have already created a twitter page for myself, which gives me a lot of options with which to earn money to instantly become a dominant presence on the ice.

Works well for me, I have Discord on my laptop and phone so I'm easy to reach through there anyways.

I want to work hard to improve myself all around, but specifically in goals. I'm coming from a very big draft class so I want to set myself apart from them as a clear top 5 player throughout my career. As a secondary goal I want to use my skills to help bring Canada closer to the top of the leaderboard in IIHF tournaments.

Naturally I'm going to want as much playing time as I can to really showcase my abilities as a player, however I also understand that it must be earned. I'm happy to start wherever I'm placed and earn the time through dedication to the team, both on and off the ice, to show what I can bring to the table.

In my opinion the two can very realistically go hand in hand. An active and communicating locker room is gonna be much better at coordinating and fixing team needs, and rising up as a unit rather than as individuals, with will ultimately lead to team success. If I had to pick based on that, an active locker room is much more important as it will ultimately lead to success, while also fostering a friendly community within the team.

I predicted Crosby's OT Winner in the Vancouver 2010 Olympics Gold Medal game but refused to bet on it because I was scared I'd lose money. Always go with your gut!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

LW Dwayne Wyder

One that doesn't use the colors of the San Jose Sharks

Willingness to get pucks deep and get to the front of the net.

I <3 discord.

Become a dominant power forward.

It would be nice but not a necessity.

Probably the locker room? I feel like winning teams would have active rooms tho

I did this survey last and the interesting facts I'm putting are getting worse and worse.

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Isak Ødegård, Defenseman

I only spent one season in juniors last time around, so I'm looking for a more complete junior experience in general! Obviously it would be great to win a 4 Star Cup since I haven't gotten a chance to do that yet, but having fun with a good group is more important and what keeps me hanging around the site in the first place.

Obviously I've been around here awhile, and have stayed active and involved the whole time. You know what you're getting with me. I'm also happy to help with mentoring new folk on the team.

I'm basically always on discord - if I'm not on my computer then I'm checking on my phone whenever I'm bored. Obviously some on-site activity is good too, but I think discord does lead to people getting to know each other better than they can post-by-post, and allows for voice chatting and things like game nights that you couldn't have without it or a similar client.

As I said above, to get a more thorough juniors experience. On a more personal level, I've listed him as an OFD but knowing myself I will be building him more as TWD, since I can't bring myself to ignore defense. I'm building him as a scorer, since with Russell I was always more focused on a balanced game of passing and checking.

It's important to me that my player is getting the playing time he deserves, but that means that on a team where there are a bunch of other players who are equally deserving I don't at all mind if I don't have that many minutes. My goal isn't to be a star at the expense of others - it's to feel like I have a place on the team where I can help as much as possible and sometimes that means helping by taking a lesser role.

Locker room, for sure! I'd love to get a Cup just because I haven't yet, and because celebrating as a team is one of the best bonding experiences in this leage. I also have been on rebuilding teams, so I understand that you can't always come into a LR that's already super active, sometimes it requires active people to come in and get it to that point.

I'm a huge nerd (shocking, given I'm making a fake online hockey player) and lately I've been really into D&D. I'm also a big AHL hockey fan, while I obviously love the NHL and watch games on tv all the time, I go to a bunch of AHL games each season since they're so much easier and cheaper.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Gilfred Alfredsson, Defenseman

I'm looking for a fun atmosphere, but more importantly at least 2nd D pairing role or the first season on the team.

I have the will and desire to be the best D man in the league. I want Gilfred's legacy to be talked about many seasons in the future.

That's totally okay with me. I use discord all the time. It's really an amazing tool.

To be the best Shutdown Defenseman in SHL history.

If my player is performing. Very important. I think if my player is continuously showing how much of a beast he is I should get more minutes. But in all honesty it sounds like I'll probably be in the junior league for at least 3 seasons. So my rookie season doesn't need to be my break out year.

Active Locker Room by far. Your team could be losing and sure that sucks, but if your locker room is active the future is bright

I'm total nerd that plays Survivor online over discord.

Seth Paige, Defence

Active locker room is the big thing. Nice place to chill out with minimal drama.

I came back to the site after a long absence just for this draft.

Yeah, I like Discord. May not be able to use it as often as some but I'm cool with it.

I'd like to cement myself as a strong Top 4 defenceman at the SHL level. Last player was a forward so I just want to see if I can build as effective of a player at a different position.

It's not. If I haven't earned the time I shouldn't get it.

Active LR for sure. I've won an 4-Star Cup before so I'm just in it for the fun now.

I cut myself on a paper towel one time.

Thanks!
Mark Ruggeri, Defenseman

An active locker room and the guidance to succeed and bring home those championships!

I have a little bit of sim experience being the #14 overall pick in the Inaugural NSFL draft.

No issues here!

As of right now I just want to build a strong dependable player, maybe a bit of a big hitter. The #1 goal is ALWAYS winning however.

Not huge. I know my time will come just gotta keep at it. Play my best whenever I have the opportunity. Keep earning the TPE

Thats actually really tough and I feel they go hand in hand..But i'd still rather win.

I have never owned a cellphone consistently in my life. I probably never will.

Chase Byron - Defender

Great team atmosphere and a team that can give me advice on character builds.

I have ocd when it comes to improving myself. Not going to stop working hard on my development until I'm elite.

Yes. It would feel like i'm part of a team

I want to spend the first year just developing and getting better. That means being as active as I can.

Very important, but I know playing time is not given and I must earn it.

Winning. In any sport the ultimate goal is winning it all.

My first tattoo was from accidentally stabbing myself with a pencil.