Create Account

S35 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread

<div align="center">Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite

The Calgary Dragons are always looking for motivated young players to join our organization. We're a very successful team with a great atmosphere and strong leadership. We work hard, we support each other and we have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S35 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

Player Name and Position:

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10.

2. What do you know or like about the current Dragons team?

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

5. What do you do for fun besides SHL?

6. What is your favorite NHL team and player?

7. Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2, maybe even 3 seasons in the SMJHL?

8. Are you open to advice on your build and doing whatever is best for the team?

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here so we can take a look, in case we missed it...

10. What has been your favorite thing about the league so far? What's been your least favorite?

Now the important questions...

*** If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) B)

Thanks for your time.

Dragonite </div>

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Louie Garrett - RW

8? The Dragons are definitely higher than average on my list of teams. I'm not sure if I could give any team a perfect 10 cause I'm still learning about all of them, so you guys are up there.

I've been told by a member of the Dragons that the current management has a very solid plan for the future. I like to hear that because I definitely want to be part of a winning organization. I know y'all have a decorated past and there's no reason that can't be the case again real soon.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
My graduate program will be ramping up towards the end of the year, but I will have the time to complete everything necessary to progress my player.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
I'm in my mid-20's

Video Games, outdoors stuff, skiing, watching sports

Sharks - Joe Thornton

7. Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2, maybe even 3 seasons in the SMJHL?
Absolutely not. If fact I want to stay in the SMJHL for the time being, bank up a bunch of TPE, and then come into the SHL and wreck face. Sounds like a good plan to me!

8. Are you open to advice on your build and doing whatever is best for the team?
Yes

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here so we can take a look, in case we missed it...
Louie Garrett and the Mole People was nominated for media of the month

10. What has been your favorite thing about the league so far? What's been your least favorite?
New friendships, everyone has been awesome and friendly so far especially within my draft class. My least favorite thing so far has been some of the excessive bullshit manufactured drama. Some drama can be fun every now and then, but holy cow some people here live for it.

*** If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?

Kate Upton I guess? I flipped a coin. I don't really anything for or against either one. Plus that's fair to them right? If I save one at random.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list)
Uhhhhh yes pulls at shirt collar nervously

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Player Name and Position: Finn Krüger, Right-shot Defenceman

Probably like an 8? Calgary is a place I don't know a lot about, but it's definitely somewhere that I think I would enjoy being a part of. I really don't know the needs of the team, but I'm interested nonetheless.

I don't have much of a clue about the team currently, but I know that you've got a history of winning. And I like winning.

I'll probably have time for it for the foreseeable future, I'm sure of that. Summer's coming up and I'm almost finished my university year, so I'll be incredibly open for a good few months. Maybe a little busy come fall, but still active, no doubt.

I'm a year or so under 20.

Video games are big, mostly sports stuff but other genres too. I like to go out and play rec sports with the guys. I'm at school for audio engineering and production, so making music is a huge hobby for me, one that'll hopefully turn into a full-time job in a few years. I love to write fiction, so writing articles was an excellent surprise. Expect more than a few of those.

I'm a diehard Oilers fan, have been since I was just a kid. And, like any good Canadian Oilers fan, I loved Ryan Smyth. Cried when he retired.

No complaints at all. I'm hoping to have a few seasons in the SMJHL so I can build up a good reserve of TPE for when I get the call. I'm not going to have an impact damn near anywhere I go at this points, so I want to be able to get work done before I can make an impact.

Yeah, I'm always open to advice on building a player. I've really got only a slight idea of what I'm doing, so if a team thinks that going in a specific direction will benefit both the team and me, then I'm more than willing to take that advice.

I like to think I've written some pretty interesting stuff. Both story pieces and more typical hockey pieces. Here's a story piece about Krüger's first season (Fragments) and here's one that's a bit more traditional (An Analysis of the Forward Prospects).

The sense of camaraderie between all the S35 draftees and in my locker room has been amazing, I've met a lot of great people because of it, wouldn't trade it for the world. Least favourite thing? I don't know if there's anything in particular, I can't say I have a lot of complaints.

***If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?

I don't have an affinity for either buuuuuut Selena seems less fake and Hands to Myself is a bop, so her.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm?

It's one of my favorite dishes, as a standalone concept and as a sandwich (buuut, i have a greater affinity for the Reuben over the Chicken Parm sandwich!Wink

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Player Name and Position: Sophia Bennett - RW

Id say 8-10, I haven't looked into it too much but everyone on the Dragons so far has been really nice

I honestly dont know too much about Calgary, but I have heard that they have a history of winning and thats what I want to do.

Nope, i'm really active right now and cant really see anything changing anytime soon.

Slowpitch, watch hockey, listen to music and hangout with friends.

Edmonton Oilers and Connor McDavid

Yeah I want to stay down in the SMJHL for at least a season or 2. 3 might be pushing it a bit but would be willing to stay down if that helped my team win.

Absolutely, all the advice I can get I will take and apply to my player, especially if it helps out my team.

Yeah ive wrote a few media pieces, my best one is Right here

Getting to know everyone and seeing how my player does. Probably some of the unnecessary drama but eh that pretty easy to ignore.

Selena Gomez, because she has some good tunes.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list)
Yessssss Ninja

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Hello Calgary! ... id first like to thank the Dragons management and its players for taking time out of you're day to read my post below.

Mike Izzy, LW

- What do you know or like about the current Dragons team?
While i dont know many of the players on the Dragons i have heard that this is a locker room of great character and committment. Ive heard that team mates are respecftul to one another, help each other out and buy into the Calgary methadology.. each doing their part to see the Calgary Dragons remain the healthy franchise that it is. That is a way of thinking that falls right in line with a Mike Izzy who comes in each day, works hard to do his part and is respectful to his comrades in the locker room.

- How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10.
(9 - 10) - In truth, i believe that most of the 14 franchises have positive selling points which would make it a fun virtual career for Mike Izzy, but only a select few possess the complete package of a Calgary. You have a tier 1 management group, a loyal and proud roster grid of long time Dragons and a legacy of winning. It would be a honor going to battle sporting the Black, Red, White, and Silver!

- Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

Absolutley! Mike Izzy has been and will continue to be one of the most, if not the most active and engaged players in his draft class. I work in front of a computer... and (Borg inspired) have basically attached an Ipad Air 2 to my fore arm. Unless my hands get cut off i should remain an active and engaged member.

- What do you do for fun besides SHL?
Proud Fantasy Sports commmish for a high level on-going successful 3 sport franchise.. WWE live events.

- What is your favorite NHL team and player?
Mapleleafs - Nasty Naz (Kadri)

- Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2, maybe even 3 seasons in the SMJHL?

Id prefer it! Mike Izzy has unfinished Business with the Kelowna Knights whom also have great people and a rich tradition and id like to help be apart of a Knights championship or 2!... id also prefer to come up when my build and TPE are at a positon to contribute in the SHL, not much fun getting torched out there playing 7 min a game on a 4th line with a 373 TPE.. Calgary's roster very much falls in line with my time frames for promotion.

- Have you written any good media? Link one here so we can take a look, in case we missed it...

These are some of the articles written over the past 7 weeks.

the smjhl post season hot sheet, s34's most notable playoff performers
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...&p=2231988

Article: #IzzyApproved, an important read
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=78646

now hiring for team izzy, in preparation for draft
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act...37&t=78852

Article: Off the record, Izzy moving up draft lists
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act...39&t=77844

Article: Izzy Nickname gaining traction
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...try2202781

Article: from college to kelowna, the mike izzy journey in 16 days
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act...39&t=78203

Article: Izzy Gives back
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=78342

kelowna bon fire spreading, lucky fire has shl officials worried
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=78445

the #draft_izzy s35 bus tour, a virtual experience for the fans
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...&p=2234011

mike izzy press q&a, an eat and speak collaborative endeavor
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...&p=2224248

Article: Mike Izzy signs with the SHL
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=77324

Article: Mike Izzy Press Q&A
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=77445

Article: Mike Izzy and Draft Day
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=77792

- What has been your favorite thing about the league so far? What's been your least favorite?
As a fantasy sports junkie, im shocked that I knew nothing about SIM until recently. I've been sucked in by the enormity of this site and its members who are invested in creating the most realistic virtual version of a sports league possible. This to me is one of the great treats on the net. I'm just enjoying the ride!

On the negative side..Izzys flight towards prominance has affected my historically winning ways in Fantasy baseball! (No least favorite as of yet)

Sorry Selena.. should have worn a life jacket.

Well... considering that Mike Izzy's first SHL meet and greet took place at a Buffet... the answer is obvious...

[Image: tuscany-catering-chicken-parm-side-view-compressed.jpg]

B) Delicious ....

Calgary, thank you for your time and lots of luck with your team moving forward!

Mike Izzy -
Knights

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The vibe, you guys seem like a close-nit group of dudes and I can really appreciate that. I also don't think you've overtly disrespectful as a unit on the site, which is also something I respect a lot. Fit's super important, so as cheesy as it may seem, if I like the way a team carries itself, I'm pretty interested in joining them, and that's the case here.

I think it's a known fact my dad is chronically ill. I tried to really push my tpe production with my last guy, and that combined with not really much liking my LRs burned me pretty quick. I don't really plan to keep up a breakneck pace for tpe, but I'm hoping that increases my longevity.

Mid-twenties.

I work on cars, I spend time playing street hockey, I design table-top and big group games in my spare time since game-theory itself is a passion. Video games, sometimes, on PS4.

NJD, and presently, Adam Henrique -- growing up, Bryce Salvador.

Nah, I'm fine with that.

As long as there's always room for me to knock heads together, hell yeah.

I did an intro for my guy, but that's kind of been it so far. http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic...dpost&p=2207775

I like the rivalries, how uppity people can get on PBPs and shit like that. It gives the whole place an extra layer. My least favorite is that it just seems like it's pretty easy for people to fall through the cracks. Deff a two-way street, but it means fit is all that more super important.

Upton's got built-in flotation devices, so Miss Gomez gets my vote.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0003.gif

I like all things parm almost as much as a good meatball hero. Wink

Quote:

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list)&nbsp;

Dragons

Wolf Von Hammersmark LW/RW

1. Between a 6-9 range on a 10. Would be higher but, I was here a long time ago.

2. The Current team ..nada ...zip....0

3. Yes, between a 5-8 probably with periods of just quietly updating.

4. Over 30

5. Family & I got the usual hobbies.. sports ..the magical art of fly fishing...just joined the NSFL.

6.Was Arizona W/Doane , but I like Florida too.

7. That be just fine with me.

8. Within reason

9. The usual stuff

10.the Good~ Just being 'active' again is great, the Bad~ Seems like some of the same drama as back in S15

*** Don't give fuck for either one sorry, guess they both drown.

***Chicken Parm.? It's awesome. Even better as a hero sandwich on crusty Italian baguette. Damn getting hungry. Come on lunch break!

Cheers