Create Account

S34 Championship Week

TASK ONE:

The Minnesota Chiefs are giving away 2000 nutcrackers which have been designed in the shape of the legendary Samee Iqbal's face. It’s not surprise that they choose to design it in the shape of Iqbal. Despite having been given a big entry contract and basically a guarantee of a big position in the franchise for years to come, he ejected himself from the team after attempting to drop his trade value-which wasn’t that high to begin with. Although the chiefs have moved on as a franchise, the fans are going to be giving Samee a certain kind of treatment for seasons to come. Back to the product at hand though. If you need something to bash, squeeze, throw, hit, or of course, give to your dog, the Samee ball is there for you. All 20,000 will be given to season ticket holders, players, and really anyone who wants one. All that is required is you treat it like a stress ball deserves. 163 words

TASK TWO:

The biggest game of the playoffs has to be game 6 which saw the Portland Admirals making it all the way to the finals for the first time in their franchise history. The game wasn't all that big in terms of big goals or hits or anything, but this is a huge milestone for the Admirals and for the prospect of expansion teams, considering most people thought both the Admirals and the Stampede were going to be awful forever. Seems like they got served when the Admirals did as well as they did in this playoff season. Yeah, they didn't win the cup and may be awful next season due to depression, but they certainly turned a lot of heads with their performance and cannot feel bad about the way they played in the playoffs. No way. Here is to hoping they make it to the finals again, and actually win this time, because they deserve it for the hard work they have done. Let's remember game 6 forever now!

TASK FOUR:

Vlad McZherl, I think it's a no-brainer for this star forward to win the SHL MVP award this season. He has picked up his game to new heights and became a leader that Manhattan needed to lead them to the post-season this season and a chance to win the challenge cup this season. I think this is the most obvious choice in recent memory. What he brings to the table offensively is unmatched and any team in the league would love to have someone of his talent on their roster any day of the week. A 79 point season with 38 Goals and 48 assists is nothing to laugh at all. He has the best player this past season, no other player meant more to his team than VLAD did to the Manhattan Rage. His 6 Game Winning Goals and 5 Game Tying Goals, shows how clutch he was offensively too. He is my choice for SHL MVP for the regular season.

TASK FIVE:

My cape is green with a hint of musk on it from drinking the night before. Being a superhero drunk drinking away my sorrows after not doing well in the playoffs yet again, I am having to rely on other things to get my spirits up. Hockey certainly isn't doing it. It is also tattered at the bottom because I do not treat it well, just like I don't treat my fans well for my poor performances over the years. Aren't I the worst kind of people? Oh well, I am sticking around for a little while longer so Minnesota fans will have to get used to disappointment.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Task 1

Come support your Manhattan Rage and get a once in a lifetime limited addition Vlad McZerhl bobble head figure signed by the balls god Mcz himself. At every Rage home game during these playoffs we will be giving away 5000 of these bobble heads, All you have to do is come to the game to have a chance of winning and we will announce the winners at the end of the game. These bobble heads are exactly alike and fully represent our god Mcz and not only does the head bobble but you can move his feet up and down to simulate Mcz kicking people in the faces. Lastly not only do you get a kicking in the face bobble head but it also comes along with a bag of Vlad Mcz's favourite balls as well as coupons to Mcz's favourite meat store. So buy your tickets at once and come support the rage for a chance at these prizes.

Task 2

Seeing as I'm doing this post the conclusion of the playoffs. The clear biggest game of the playoffs so far is easily game 6 of the Challenge Cup finals. For the simple reason that it was the game where the rage won the cup and ended the Cinderella story of the Portland Admirals. The rage had one of the most dominant playoffs ever going 12-0-2 which is quite impressive especially with the lack of depth they have relying on their superstars to carry them. The Admirals meanwhile after decades of failure ever since their inception into the league and all the drama surrounding them made a big run having a very succesful season and a bright future under the sim god tanner who almost won it for them again. The rage however finished the playoffs just as they started with a dominant 5-2 win over the admirals with big games from Ace Redding and Tommy Creller.

Task 4

For me the MVP of the SHL this season easily comes down to two candidates. Luke Fleming and Vlad McZerhl. Now I love Fleming as he almost single handedly won me fantasy this year, and he had an amazing season carrying Winnipeg into the playoffs and perhaps one of if not the best powerforward season of all time. But despite all this I think Vlad McZerhl should still be the MVP. Mcz was dominant again during the season carrying his team and breaking many league records again. He had 79 points and 38 goals which is 10 more and 9 more than his closest competition Fleming. They also had similar ice time resulting in Mcz having a higher PP/20M as well as face off %. Now Fleming does have a massive lead when it comes to hits but despite this I think Mcz's other accomplishments are more impressive and should earn him the MVP of the league.

Task 5

It is media day before the start of the challenge cup finals and as usual for some reason im here to answer questions about how I missed the playoffs again and why my team sucks. One difference however this time is that being a god fashionista like myself, i decided to show up in a cape this time. My cape dangles over my back all the way down to the floor, a full dark red cape with a small black outline surrounding it. In the middle of the cape taking up all the attention is a bright shiny golden gigantic flan.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

Code:
209 words

It seems a little obvious to say a game in the Challenge Cup Finals was the biggest game of the playoffs, but that is what we are going to do. With the series on a knife edge tied at two games apiece, the Manhattan Rage went to Portland to face the Admirals in a massive game five. Every game up until that point had been incredibly exciting, and game five was to turn out the most exhilarating and indeed decisive of them all.

With home ice advantage, the Admirals stormed out to a 3-0 goal lead, and by the start of the third period had held the Rage to only 14 shots on net. What happened next was one of the greatest comebacks in Challenge Cup history. The Rage were able to send the game to overtime with only 45 seconds left to play, stunning the home crowd. It took the Rage only one shot in the extra period to complete the comeback, as Ace Redding scored to give Manhattan a 4-3 win.

The Rage then went on to win the Challenge Cup in game six with a 5-2 victory. Game five was the true turning point though, as the comeback almost certainly deflated the Admirals.

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

Code:
173 words

The Challenge Cup Finals are just around the corner, and you will not want to miss the Manhattan Rage attempting to make history. The Rage face the Portland Admirals in the decisive series, and are looking to complete a truly historic feat of sweeping the entirety of the SHL playoffs.

The Rage saw off the challenge of the Minnesota Chiefs in only four games, something that did not surprise too many people. It was the sweep of the New England Wolfpack that really made the world take notice. Though the Rage had done the very same thing to the Wolfpack back in S32, no one was expecting it this season.

So here we are on the eve of the Finals, with the Admirals the only team in the way of the Rage making history. With the sting of the Challenge Cup Finals loss to the Dragons firm in their memories from S32 following the sweep of New England, the Rage will be determined to finally get their name on the cup this year.

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the SHL 34 MVP? Must be 150 words.

Code:
164 words

Though there has been a lot of talk about the S34 MVP amongst the players in the SHL, with many believing Winnipeg Jet Luke Fleming to be the top choice, for me there is only one man that deserves the accolade this year. That man is VLAD McZehrl.

McZehrl has been truly transcendent in his play in S34, dominating offensively in a manner that few people believed possible. Settting the current era scoring record with 79 points, he was unable to be contained all season long. Scoring 38 goals in 50 games, McZehrl was comfortably ahead in that category, with 6 more than the closest competitor. Though many detractors state his high minutes as a negative, McZehrl still posted the highest points per 20 minutes in the league with 1.11, in addition to finishing in the top 10 for face-off percentage. There are very few seasons in SHL history as good as the one VLAD McZehrl just had, which is why he is my S34 MVP.

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

Code:
117 words

Many people say it is silly to wear a cape. Pixar even made a movie just to drive home that message. To those people I shake my head, because this cape may be the greatest thing associated with the Rage franchise, and we are about to win the Challenge Cup.

The deepest of red represents the Rage's primary colour, as well as the blood of our many enemies. The gold trim gives it a regal feel, in addition to highlighting that the Rage are in fact number one. Finally, stitched in small lettering near the bottom are the immortal words of a man who can't speak English. 'Kicking their faces'. It really doesn't get better than that.

TASK ONE: In honour of Toronto's first round matchup against the New England Wolfpack, the Air Canada Center will be giving away pamphlets instructing fans on how to perform the Heimlich maneuver. This will come in handy in the event that the Wolfpack choke. The first 3,000 fans will receive this giveaway. Additionally the first 5,000 fans to arrive for game 3 will receive a lovely plush headless pony. You do not want to miss out on these wonderful giveaways, so be sure to arrive at the game at least 3 hours early. While you're waiting for the doors to open, don't forget to buy yourself some overpriced food from our outdoor vendors. The first 1,000 fans to arrive in line will receive a free hotdog with the purchase of an 80oz soda. Finally, once you arrive in your seat you will notice that we've provided everyone with a fan towel to show their support.

TASK TWO: Game 7 against the New England Wolfpack was obviously the biggest game of the playoffs for us in Toronto. We kept things very close early on, despite early goals from New England. I personally was a bit sloppy out of the gate, and I feel that a lot of the blame can rest on my shoulders for losing that game. We made things close, but the closest we would come is 4-2. The way New England kept coming down the ice with momentum really wore us out, and it really felt like it was only a matter of time before they exploded. After a rough start to the series in game one, I really settled in and gave my team a chance to win. In game 7 though, the flood gates opened in the third period and New England ended up winning 7-2. Hard to deny that was the most important game of the playoffs for us. We were so close, but we let it slip away.

TASK FOUR: The easiest decision is to name the Vlad McZehrl as the SHL MVP but the real MVP is actually Ace Redding. Ace spent most of his ice time controlling the play of the other team, and preventing their offense. While McZehrl scored at an incredible pace, it's hard to believe that the Rage would have been as successful without the contributions of Redding. I'll take a guy who is willing to throw eighty-some hits over someone who pots a few goals here and there. Not only was Redding a physical force, but he scored at a point per game pace through the playoffs. If the Rage have any sense, they will lock Redding up for decades to come, because if they hope to ever repeat as champions they will need complete players like Ace Redding. You can keep your flashy top line players, because guys like Ace Redding don't just grow on trees. If you want to see heart, just watch Ace play.

TASK FIVE: My cape is obviously blue, because I play for the North Stars, but what you might not suspect is that my cape is floor length. I actually stitched the whole thing myself, and made it out of old dish rags that I had laying around the house. On the shoulders are gold patches, and on the back there is a large interpretation of the North Star. The thing can cover me all the way around, and even though it doesn't make me fly, it can cover me in shade if I hold it just right. I'm no superhero but I look damn good in this cape.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia