Create Account

S34 Championship Week

Code:
TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.
[Image: hQKT2Sa.png?2]
Code:
TASK FIVE:  It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape!  Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!
[Image: cZSS7SX.png?1]
Code:
TASK SEVEN: Create a 'Tale of the Tape' poster between two players of your choice from the finals. Must include renders, player names, team logos, and player statistics.
[Image: f5IiWb8.png]
Code:
TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.
[Image: Dx87KDm.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.
[Image: V88CEiK.png]

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.
In the S27 Challenge Cup Finals all it took was one small chance and History would have been different. The Calgary Dragons came back from being down 0-3 to complete the first ever reverse sweep in Challenge Cup finals history. The TV add would show slow motion dramatic moments where one small change could have ended everything for the Dragons. You would see Hunter Wong making an insane save, Randy Randleman fanning on a shot but the puck going in anyways, a Steelhawks shot hitting the crossbar, and other bounces that went the way of the Dragons. The ad would end with Captain Kriss Labsvards handing Esa Anrikkanen the cup. You see the emotion on Esa's face, tears and all, like the shot of Selanne when he finally won the cup. The shot goes even more slow motion and darkens even more when the words "History Will Be Made" come on the screen.
Code:
153 words

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the SHL 34 MVP? Must be 150 words.
My SHL S24 MVP is Mainio Makinen of the New England Wolfpack. Makinen was the greatest player on a great team and managed to put up 31 goals and 35 assists for a total of 66 points. This is an amazing feat on such a star studded team such as New England. Even more impressive is the fact that Makinen did it with 4 minutes less ice time per game than the other top players in the league. Players like Vlad McZehrl, Luke Flemming, and Lord Pretty Flacko all averaged over 28 minutes per game. Such a number is ridiculous to see and is a shame to the SHL. Mainio Makinen not only had a great season, but it was done the right way and that cannot be overlooked. You can also look at the +/- of Makinen compared to these other top players. Mczehrl was +8, Flemming was +5, Flacko was -19, and Makinen was by far the best of the bunch at +19. I believe that Makinen is your S34 SHL MVP and although the voters will likely just pick the league leader in points like they do most years I hope that they can have a deeper view of the statistics and playing time and make the right choice. Vote for Mainio Makinen. Vote for the game being played the way it should.
Code:
225 words

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!
"That's not a cape! Thats just your jersey with the arms tied around your neck!" one man yelled out at Randy Randleman.
With a smile, Randy turned to address the man "You're right, it is my jersey. Its also my super hero cape".
"That's lame, you're lame! no wonder you didn't make the playoffs, with a captain like you leading the team!" the man continued to berate Randleman
Ignoring the mans comments, Randy went on to explain his "cape". "When I wear this jersey I feel like a super hero. These fans, the REAL fans of Calgary make me feel like a super hero. They inspire me to be great. They deserve greatness, and so I wear my super hero cape with pride. I wear it to become what they deserve. This is my pledge to the real fans of the Dragons. You will see a team unlike you have in the past. We will all be super heroes because of all of you"
Code:
164 words

[Image: oEgPiZ0.png]

I feel like MVP has gotten muddied by the stain of minutes per game. As the seasons have went along, players are playing more minutes than ever. We have guys like VLAD McZehrl and Luke Fleming that play upwards of 28 to 29 minutes per game and pad their stats over the players on other teams. So what I will suggest here is that players like Mainio Mäkinen and Jaxson Reynolds be considered more heavily for the MVP trophy. I would say Mainio Mäkinen would be the most deserving this season for her spectacular play in much more limited minutes. With the amount of time on ice as guys like McZehrl and Fleming, she could be putting up numbers that are nearly the same. We just need to address the minutes being played. Her scoring touch and ability to drive the play on a team that nearly reached the finals in the playoffs and finished with the best record in the league puts her in elite company. Company that could well be said better than McZ and Fleming.

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

Well, I really don't know why I am wearing a cape. I guess I'm spending a good amount of time reading comic books. But I guess it'd be pretty grim looking. Black exterior side with what would look like cat whiskers all along the sides. We'd have an underlayer of a checkered Los Angeles Panthers alternate logo and on the back we'd have the main logo of the Los Angeles Panthers embossed on the black with gold. On the bottom of the cape we'd have the lettering, "Timo Haas". The cape would wrap around the body much like Batmans. But honestly, why the fuck am I wearing a cape? We all know the best superheroes don't wear capes.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: 6O5mSoh.png]

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo. (153 Words)

With a successful season which resulted in a Challenge Cup for the Rage. We are giving our playoff ticket holders as well season ticket holders at a chance of a piece of history. We are giving away away a signed team portrait of the Challenge Cup winning team and most importantly a signed stick from the Rage Franchise player VLAD McZherl. In fact this is the same stick that was used for the memorable coast to coast goal he scored in Game 3 of the Challenge Cup Finals completely dismantling the Admirals defence in one swift shift. Please claim your season or playoff ticket at the email of [email protected] or you can got to your nearest Verizon vendor to claim your raffle ticket as the winner will be announced Sirius XM 99.0 on June the 14th. What are you waiting for claim your raffle ticket. The due date is June 7th. Good luck!

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words. (173 Words)

The biggest game of the playoffs has to be Game 6 of the Challenge Cup Finals between the Rage and the Admirals. I'm being biased of course cause I actually played in that game instead of sitting on the bench like I was told when I got called up after Game 6 of the SMJHL Finals where I though I lost everything that I had in that one game. It was an absolute dominating by the Rage as we were able to close it out in 6 and not force Portland to a Game 7 where they may have the advantage with us doubting ourselves to close out the game. It was fitting that Creller got the last goal to seal the deal as it seems he's calling it quits after a successful tenure in the SHL. Manhatten had players from all spectrums of the SHL from new upcomers like myself and Villy as well as veterans like Wollker, McZ and Redding who are the backbone of the franchise in the present day.

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the SHL 34 MVP? Must be 150 words. (174 Words)
It has to be McZ man he has been unbelievable for the Rage this season in it's entirety. 38 goals isn't an easy feat but McZ made it look like his bread and butter potting in goals left right and centre. And when it came to the playoffs no one can stop him. Samee Iqbal in the Cup final had to line up for hit which isn't his forte as McZ was utterly dominate in all 12 wins for the Rage leading to the Challenge Cup. Whenever the Rage would be down he would always lift there spirits up and put the team on his back literally as he's clearly the face of the Rage and will be for years to come until he decides to retire and once he does there were will be legacy left behind that won't be parallel for a very long time. McZ will always be a legend in the Rage eyes but once his career he will be legend in everyone's eyes whether they like him or not.

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape! (217 Words)

My Cape is going to be very aesthetic as it will have a Canadian Leaf on the back of it along with teams I'm affiliated with in the Crows and the Rage. It will have the words Redesign Rebuild Reclaim. Your wondering why those three words, well in Space Mountain Series which is currently on hiatus due to complications my knee was absolutly shattered by HHH as set up me and Luke Fleming from the Winnipeg Jets with backstage passes to SD Live. We thought it was all innocent until Flemmy was absolutely beat down by John Cena and Nikki Bella who pretended to cheat Cena just to get HHH to me. That injury didn't stop me as I was able to recover to one of my best seasons in my career as well as making the history books as T-5th for all time in SMJHL history in goals scored in season and the Crows were able to follow that model as well as they were able to Redesign and Rebuild as this season was evident in the finals but weren't able to Reclaim as we fell short to the Falcons. Crossfit will be back next season to complete that statement himself as well as the Crows before he actually makes the transition to the SHL full-time.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Code:

American Airlines Arena will be hosting big-screen viewing parties for every game of the Challenge Cup Finals because let's be real, it's May and it's not like Miami has anything else going on this spring. The first 5,000 fans who show up to the Game 1 viewing party will receive a digital rally poster, featuring "Let's go Platoon!" and the eagle logo. Why would we give those away in these miserable days, you ask? Press the button on the side to cycle through rally posters for all 14 of the teams that made the Challenge Cup playoffs this season and for whom you were undoubtedly rooting instead! Make your voice in the Cup Finals known as you display the Admirals' golden anchor! Show how much of a traitor to the Platoon you are by flashing Rage red! The perfect gift for the Toonza fan who has finally lost all hope and is beginning to collect merch for the different SHL team they'll be bandwagoning next season!

Code:
Word count: 166.

Code:
TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMJHL, 150 words.

The biggest game of the SHL playoffs so far has been Game 4 of the Manhattan Rage's series against a New England team seeking to defend its title. New England had a strong performance over the regular season, but struggled against in the first round against Toronto. Toronto took New England to seven games, while Manhattan swept their first-round opponent. Manhattan came into the series well-rested and psychologically prepared to put away the defending champions. Manhattan backed up its talk with three wins right off the bat in this series, leaving Game 4 as an improbable elimination game for the Wolfpack. In the first period, it seemed like New England would be coming back with a vengeance to force a Game 5, scoring two goals in the first ten minutes of play. However, the second period of the game was where Manhattan proved that they were not going to let this series slip away from them one bit. Though New England would score another goal, Manhattan's key players came out to produce three goals - two from star defenseman Wyatt Wollker and one from MVP Vlad McZehrl. A rather uneventful third period would lead to a rather short overtime, with Kian Hamilton sealing Manhattan's trip to the finals less than two minutes into overtime. This game signified a fall from grace for the dynastic New England Wolfpack and heralded the return of a team that could perhaps challenge for dominance in the East.

Code:
Word count: 242.

Code:

Without a doubt, S34's MVP should be Luke Fleming for the Winnipeg Jets. Fleming had a career season this year, scoring 70 points and 211 hits in a campaign that saw Winnipeg return to the playoffs for the first time in six seasons. Fleming showed up consistently on Winnipeg's scoreboards as their most consistent and reliable on-ice leader. Fleming led the team with 4 game-winning goals. He held the league's longest point streak this season at 8 games, 16% of the entire season. During the Jets' last six-game stretch, a crucial run that would determine their ticket in the West, Fleming had at least one point and three hits in all but one game. Fleming's success played a pivotal role in ensuring their return to the postseason and their first-round matchup with Portland. His sheer determination this season to pull the team to the playoffs both on-ice and off- has handily earned him an MVP title.

Code:
Word count: 156.

Code:
TASK FIVE:  It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape!  Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

Pietra Volkova is no superwoman. However, at the behest of her twins, she is wearing a custom-made cape as she greets the media before Game 1 of the Challenge Cup finals. Her children designed it in Admirals colors, their father's #29 in golden glitter gel at the bottom of the cape, bright against the black. There is evidence of young fingers attempting to draw the Portland anchor in glitter gel in the middle of the cape... And evidence of a mother's trained hand exasperatedly tracing over it in glitter pen so it looks even somewhat like what it was meant to.

Code:
Word count: 101.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

The biggest part of the playoffs so far was game 7 between the LA Panthers and the Texas Renegades, there is no doubt in my mind.

You might ask why so i will tell you and please open your might to the possibilities as i think what i mention might shock you, but make a lot of sense...

Texas played a great series and hats off to them in winning against LA, but what if they hadn't won and LA had moved on against Portland....once again imagine if LA had beaten Portland in the playoffs due to their more balanced team and experience and played the Rage in the SHL Championship? Would they have been more of a challenge them Portland? A better overall defensive team to go against the 30 min a game top line of the Rage (gags...stupid 30 mins/game) and a well balanced offensive team to take advantage of the Rage's weaker other lines.

I think if LA had won game 7 against Texas, they would have gone on to win the SHL Championship this year, for exactly the reasons i mentioned.

~175 words

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

History will be made tonight! – The LA Panthers Make the Playoffs after a 6 Year Playoff Drought!

Slowly panning around the full arena with fans getting into the game (and some cute girl shots), music is slowing increasing in intensity as flashes of LA Panther players performances are shown from this season, Huge save by Lundqvist, Crushing hit by Crutchfield and Ruutu, amazing goal by Strange and Kekkonen, blocked shots by Cahill and crisp passes by Reynolds and King….

Finally, as the music and plays increase in speed to incredible pace on the screen is flashed:

“Our Time Has Come” – We’re going to the SHL Playoffs BABY!!

Then the screen flashed to an epic goal, the playoff game winning clincher as the players come off the bench and hug each other and the fans go wild with excitement.

Slowing panning away from the players and up into the audience to see the excitement and exhilaration it pans to the scoreboard and says “We’re coming for you Edmonton!”

~175 words

There is no doubt the MVP should be Teemu Sirius from Portland, due to his points per 20 minutes being 4.26, which is over 3 times better then the next player in this seasons playoffs (as per current stats posted). He played a mere 2.56 minutes per game and scored a incredible 6 points, 3 goals and 3 assists, one of those was a clutch game winning goal.

Now i know you tell me he only played 2.56 minutes, how can he be your MVP???

I give you the answer to that quite simply. Almost every top player is the same, or close...1.00 points per 20 minutes...blah, i could interchange one top line player with another and really i get close to the same thing, Kian and McZ are within .02 of each other and the rest are within .15 of each other from 1.19 to 1.04 and that is from #3 to #10 on the points per 20 minute list.

Teemu is 3x, from over 4 points/20 min to the next highest at 1.31 points/20 min....to me there is no comparision when others are so tightly grouped.

~185 words

My cape is the color of the LA Panthers, mainly teal with a black Double elongated S with arrows at the points in the middle of the back and two hockey sticks, one on either side of the S's.

The SS are within a circle that is divided like a pie in 6 equal pieces and the LA Panthers symbol is in the middle.

The double S's stand for Sebastian Strange, of course, but the elongated S's are for my super speed, scoring prowess and stick handling skills, while the hockey sticks on the right and left side indicate i am a winger that can play either side of the ice with equal dominance.

The LA Panthers symbol indicated my LA Panther Pride and the circle around the SS's mean we are team, which is divided into 6 players on the ice at a time, so therefore the circle is divided into 6 equal portions to indicate we are all pieces to a bigger picture, which is the team and that we count on each other to be successful.

~170 words

Place holdah

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Dragons

Selling: Richard C Hocolate's thermos used during S32 playoffs

If you're a true Calgary fan you'll remember the S32 championship like it was only two seasons ago. Want to own a part of that team? Well we have the offer for you. game used pucks, sticks, and jerseys cost an arm and a leg. So what can you afford? Why, a game used water bottle of course!

This thermos was used by Richard C. Hocolate throughout the entirety of the S32 championship run. It held many different types of drinks in it. To start off the series, Dick filled the thermos with jack and coke. throughout the rest of the playoffs he filled his drink bottle with various drinks, ranging from long island iced tea to straight up everclear. And lastly, during the finals, the Calgary backup filled his glass with only Tito's vodka, his drink of choice and his "lucky alcohol". Why is it lucky? "Because every time I have it at a party I always get lucky" Dick said with a wink.

Bidding will start at 35 dollars

Dragons

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals was without a doubt the biggest moment of the playoffs so far. As we all know, Portland is one of the expansion teams, and thus has struggled to start out their existence in the SHL. However, this year they have taken control and coming into game 6 were just one game away from their first finals appearance.

Meanwhile, the Texas Renegades have been in a championship drought for a long time now. It looked like it would last much longer, until an unexpected hot streak saw them secure a playoff spot as well as pull out a surprise victory in the first round. Portland was dominating the series at first, but a game 5 win pumped hope into the hearts of renegade fans.

The game was as good as hockey gets. We saw an overtime period come to an end in the very first minute, after Sarantez scored in a Bobby Orr fashion that will surely go down as one of the most iconic SHL moments

There may be some confusion as to who should be the team MVP of the S34 season. But in my opinion. Luke Fleming is the clear cut MVP candidate. The league leader in assists and second in points, he has an impressive stat line that doesn't just stop at his impressive offense.

Fleming is easily the best playmaker in the SHL, but he has more to his game. He was the captain of the power play, leading the league in power play points and giving Winnipeg the 4th best power play percentage in the league. He is also a high volume shooter, taking shots whenever he sees a slight opportunity. This also leads to many second chance points, and to tiring out the opposition.

His physicality is also a huge part of the reason Fleming deserves the MVP trophy. On top of his amazing playmaking and power play captaining, his 211 hits is third best in the SHL. Compare that to the other two scorers in the top 3, who combined for just 44 hits.

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

[Image: oqmm6du.jpg]

The biggest game of the playoffs was game 7 between the Los Angeles Panthers and the Texas Renegades. (Shout out Game 5 of the SHL Finals Wink ) The Texas Renegades were able to upset the Panthers, the top seed in the Western Conference. The series was fought hard by both teams and could have easily went either way. Veteran players such as Geoffrey Allen, Liam Kinsler, and Jack Durden were a big reason why the Renegades were able to beat the Panthers. The main reason was probably goaltender Georgette Pel and the strong defense that played in front of her. Timo Haas was unbelievable for the Panthers. It's tough to not win a series when you get great goaltending like the Panthers did. The Panthers had a very difficult time finding the back of the net. Jean-Luc Reflieux went scoreless in the series, a player who put up 35 points in the regular season. Texas was strong defensively in game 7 and Georgette Pel was incredible in net.

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more.  Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened.  Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

My cape is pretty much the sickest cape you've ever seen. Shit is black with silver accents and a faded Panthers logo thrown across it that you can only clearly see in a dark room with the proper lighting. Not only that, this motherfucker is straight magic! I put this shit on during practice one day and could disappear anytime a defenseman tried to take the puck from me. Needless to say this scared the shit out of them and they didn't really pay much attention to the puck traveling towards the goaltender. Unfortunately I disappeared in the playoffs but the cape had nothing to do with it. Next time I'm wearing the cape. I don't give a fuck if the public is ready for this yet or not.

Panthers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Task 1
Come by the arena Friday night at 7:00 PM for Minnesota Chiefs Season 34 Memoria night! We will be holding a banquet party with free entry, free drinks, free summer Chiefs caps and free kids hockey sticks giveaways! We believe in keeping the society together and the youth strong and full with potential... we love to celebrate our Cheifs' culture so we will be having guests including the manager of the Chiefs Baelor and our new co-manager Andy! Be sure to bring your family and friends with you as we will have surprise guests too! Our fans have been so loyal and generous to us so this would be just a small return of favor compared to the tremendous respect this community has given us. Even after the drama, the highs and lows the Minnesota Chiefs organization and community have stood together and we believe in keeping trusting relationships as well as having a fun night.

Task Two:
The biggest game of the SHL Playoffs would by far be game 2 of the finals between in the Manhattan Rage and the Portland Admirals. This game was as crazy as the box score stats- shots going 64-42 Rage, with Portland barely getting away with a 5-4 win in double overtime. The Admirals had a commanding lead powered by their first line midway through the final period when Harry Hans scored his 6th goal of the playoffs, then McZerhl scored his 9th, and Nucky scored his 1st; all 3 goals coming within 1 and a half minutes. The Rage offense finally coming alive when they needed it was an example on why they are in the finals right now...With less than a minute left in the game and all the momentum going Manhattan's way, Wyatt Wollker set up Tommy Creller for a snipe that tied the game an forced overtime. The Admiral were able to endure the Rage's offense and went off to win in 2nd overtime in a crucial game which could have went either way, tying the finals series 1-1.

Task Four:
Timo Haas would be my choice of the SHL Season 34 MVP. He was a big part of the Panthers success in the regular season and carried the team in a tough game 7 loss against the Renegade this post season. He led the SHL in shutouts, goals against average, save save percentage, you name it. Some would say the team is just stacked but if you analyze further you would see the level of performance he brought towards the end of the Panthers run in the playoffs. He outperformed every goalie all season long and endured some long tough minutes, coming second in the league in minutes played in the regular season. He was tied with Mikke Laukkanen for 1st least losses, forcing overtime with his clutch highlight real ability and came 2nd in wins behind the same goalie. He will be a strong consideration for the MVP honor in the eyes of the people and the SHL HO.

Task Five:

I would have a Chiefs green cape with pockets on the inside to carry my stash and stuff. I would have my girl do some graffiti style writing that says "Grandmaster Clutch" and my jersey number right under the writing. It would be light enough that it wavers even in the slightest draft, and could even be used as a blanket for my locker room nap times. Metaphorically, I feel as if I wear a cape before every game and if you would want me to describe it, I would say it carries honor and dignity.. I feel like a hero in a Chiefs jersey and I'm grateful for the role they have given me, they believed in me when they drafted me after I fell to 9th overall, despite being top 6 in TPE in the class.

Doubt is a dream killer

Task #1

The first 2000 fans through the doors of the Scottrade Center in St. Louis receive an autographed Adidas hat signed by at least two active players off the St. Louis Scarecrows team. However upon entering the arena you don’t get to choose the players that you want, our employees are going to hand them out until they’re gone, each hat has a sticker over the signatures so you can’t see who’s on it until you’ve walked through security. So if you’ve been dreaming of getting Crossfits or Garett’s autograph it’s in your best interest to arrive pretty early so you are able to trade amongst yourselves if you have a favorite player on the team. We are expecting a high volume of fans to arrive pretty early before the finals start against the Detroit Falcons. Make sure to cheer extra loud for the crows and show off your new lid.

Task # 2

I think the biggest game so far in my option was for my team, the St. Louis Scarecrows. It was Game 3 against the Prince George Firebirds, we were down the series 2-0 and knew we needed a win to get back in the battle to get past the second round. The game started and we managed to keep the game 0-0 at the end of the first period, PGF ended up scoring the lone goal in the second period to take the lead. It was 1-0 entering the third period and I set up Rasmussen with saucer pass and he slammed it into the back of the net tying the game 1-1. This game was headed to overtime and we were all nervous since coming back from a 3-0 would be a difficult task for us. The period started and not even 16 seconds into OT Louie took a shot and Carric rebounded it home making the series 2-1. I believe that this was a HUGE game for the St. Louis Scarecrows and we gained momentum into the next couple games advancing to the finals.

Task # 4

My choice for season S34 MVP would be Manhattan Rage offensive forward VLAD McZehrl who had the most points in the SHL this season, he had 38 goals and 41 assists for a total of 79 points in 50 games played and lead his team to the playoffs and past the first couple rounds. Right now the Manhattan Rage just advanced to the finals in the playoffs and playing for the Challenge Cup. What’s also impressive about Vlad McZehrl is that he played a total of 1429 minutes and only managed to get 9 PIMS, one of the lowest in the SHL. Vlad also had an impressive 275 shots on net and finished the season with 12 power play points and a shooting percentage of 13.82. Hopefully if he can continue playing the way he was during regular season so he can lead his team to win the cup against Portland.

Task # 5

Its media day today so I decided to wear my white cape that my grandma made for me right after the SHL draft this season. When looking at it you can see the St. Louis Scarecrows logo as well as the Los Angeles Panthers on it. If you look down at the bottom you can see some of my all-time favorite players photos such as Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Mats Sundin wearing their leaf jerseys. I also have my name bar “Auston” across the whole back. My grandma also added the logos from a few of my previous teams that I played on back in Switzerland and put my player numbers on them. This cape isn’t something I wear everyday but it’s something that I will treasure for a very long time.

[Image: dweaves08.gif]

[Image: lLWfTOT.png]

Unique, you say? Earlier this year, the Pittsburgh Pirates went a little unique in their early season giveaways and did a Francisco Cervelli "Pizza Pie" statue and a Bob Walk falling out of his chair bobble-chair. Well, the Manhattan Rage have decided to join the craze as well. Introducing the Ekaterina Rudnikova Sleeping Bobblehead!

Sometimes, when it comes to back up goalies who aren't big on practice, they just happen to be low-energy players. After all, when you're sitting on the bench 44 games a season, maybe you don't feel the need to pay that much attention. Therefore, you can occasionally look at the Rage bench and see the inactive Rudnikova dozing off.

This bobblehead comes full with the "screaming coach" as well as having the head tilted forward slightly to represent being asleep. It's a hilarious novelty item and only the first 1,000 people to come to the arena will receive any so make it in quick!

It may be an odd choice, but the first game of the Eastern Conference Finals between Manhattan and New England is probably the biggest pre-Finals game. New England was rolling into the second round confident after having struggled for a moment. They had a tough end of their season after acquiring Ales Smirnov and going 9-9 only thanks to a late-season hot streak. They hit the playoffs hot again, but Toronto made it a series and New England had to close out emphatically to regain their confidence.

Manhattan sussed out that confidence quickly here. The first game was when New England was still getting their handle on things again, and going into the third period up 2-1 let them feel loose and powerful. Manhattan stole the lead shortly into the third, and New England scrambled from there. While they capitalized on the young Jason Aittokallio in net, they were unable to keep up with Manhattan's all-out attack. After leading the first period in shots 15-14, they lost the rest of the way and were completely overpowered.

In the end, Ace Redding put one home past Mikke Laukkanen in what was a goaltending battle of Finnish brethren, and the New England Wolfpack were again on their heels and worried. After such dominance recently, finally the Kings had reason to be concerned. While they scrambled the rest of the way, the Manhattan Rage were able to use this momentum and the mental aspect to take the series in four and guarantee a new Champion as there would be no more Wolfpack or Dragon in this year's Finals.

The scene opens on black and white footage, showing the Manhattan Rage against the Los Angeles Panthers in S22.

"Game Four, we are heading to what could be considered Game Five at this point. Triple Overtime. Who will end the misery of these fans, the anxiety and the emotion?"

Armin Brovalchuk tosses toward the net, exhaustedly throwing his stick about to try and garner a goal. Thor Ludvigsen rushes in, the depth player making a last stand, and gets it past Jackson Weekes for a goal.

"Thor Ludvigsen! Rage win! The series is at 3-1 for Manhattan!"

We cut to Game Six, seeing Tommy Creller set up Daniel Merica for a goal. Watch as CJ James allows a few past him.

"And there is it ladies and gentlemen, the Los Angeles Panthers have nearly completed the comeback. We are heading back to Manhattan for Game Seven!"

We see dejected players. Tommy Creller is bent over, kneeling on his left knee in front of CJ James in net. They're exhausted, they're worked. They are very much upset.

"Sometimes, in order to experience the greatest feelings, you must first pass through the valley of adversity."

Cut to Game Seven, goals scored, Tommy Creller with a finalizer. We see a cut back to him kneeling in front of CJ James, to a cut to current day, a now much older Creller in front of Jason Aittokallio. We cut to Creller on the bench, jumping up and celebrating, to a current day Creller with a gray beard sitting on the bench during the S34 playoffs. We cut again to Creller with a goal, throwing his gloves. We see current day's Creller with the same enthusiasm.

"There it is, for the first time in franchise history, the Manhattan Rage have won the Challenge Cup!"

Creller lifts the Anton Razov Trophy, the Challenge Cup in S22. We cut to Creller again in current day, amongst his new Rage team, older and worn out, staring at the banner of that victory he created as the logo fades in and "History Will Be Made" comes over it before fading the entire commercial out.

As many have stated, there's a few clear selections for the S34 Ron Mexico Trophy winner. However, I am not a man of absolutes. Instead, I'm going to look at the person I find to be the most worthy of the title.

Mainio Makinen is a clear MVP selection in my mind. While Makinen didn't have the monster hit totals of Fleming nor the point totals of McZehrl, what he did have was the efficiency to make up for all of it. We shouldn't be hampering people for being on strong teams, and in this event, Makinen was on a fantastic team this season. Makinen managed to score 1.08 points per 20 minutes, which is barely second in the league.

In a league where stars are seemingly playing exorbitant minutes, Makinen played just over 24.5 minutes per game and still was third in scoring with 66 points and was one of the three players to surpass 30 goals this season. The hit totals may not be large, but in comparison to the two way players, Makinen was instead a position-based defender who didn't take many penalties landing at only 14 PIMs. Likewise, as a slight measure of success, Makinen also had a +19 rating which is spectacular if flawed.

To highlight the defensive aspect of Makinen's game, he played 181 penalty kill minutes, the fourth most in the league surpassing even strict defensive defensemen who live for those moments alone. Makinen has been effective as a scorer, and an incredible position-based defender who doesn't show on the traditional statistics. Mainio Makinen deserves to be the Ron Mexico Trophy winner for S34.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Task 1:
[Image: Ut3Myaf.png]

Task 4:
Mark Harter is the best goaltender in the SHL, statistically speaking in my heart.

For our S34 season, an argument could be made that Harter was not only the Admirals’ MVP and reason they made the playoffs, but also the SHL regular season MVP!!!

He lead the league in save percentage (.918), was second in the league in goals-against average (2.54) and wins (26).

The Portland brass knew they saw something special in Harter, Kyle Wahlters made big moves in the offseason making Harter the number 1 goaltender for the S34 season, even though (and it’s become very obvious) he will not be the goalie of the future in Portland (Wahlgren put up career numbers from the bench). Harter was only going to be in Portland for one year to get the job done, and he’s done it and then some. They’re in the playoffs and made a run into the finals!

Harter has arrived in Portland and instantly become one of the top goalies in the game, of all time.

Task 5:
[Image: qhtQkbD.png]

Task 6:
[Image: bzJFFyk.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

PLACEHOLDER

TASK ONE: Have you always wanted to be an Admiral at an Admiral game? The Portland Admirals would like everyone of their fans to know that we are giving away sailor's hats! To the first 2000 fans inside the arena for Game 3 of the SHL Finals. Make sure to come early and grab a classic Gilligan's Island sequel sailor's hat. We will have kids sizes and adults sizes. Looking to jump on the bandwagon forever? Make a day out of it and allow your hands to be graced by the presence of a new Admirals cap. Come on by in Admiral get-up and we'll even give you a flag to fly inside the arena when the game in on. Cheer your Admiral's on as they go toe to toe with the Manhattan Rage in the finals. Make sure you're there early to also hear the coast guard sing the national anthem.

TASK FOUR: It's hard to give the MVP to anyone other than Kian Hamilton. Kian Hamilton has been stealing the show at both ends of the ice in this years SHL playoffs. Vlad McZerhl would be a normal candidate but it's McZerhl and his horrible attitude won't garner many votes. Hamilton shares the lead in points this postseason but he also has more hits than McZerhl and is a better player in his own end. Hamilton a superior player to McZerhl and he really is showing it this playoff run. Hamilton has seven goals to go with eight tallies so far and the Portland Admirals are about to experience a full Hamilton storm in this final round. Kian Hamilton hasn't taken a penalty yet so he hasn't put his team at a disadvantage like McZerhl has. I think with a continuation of his previous rounds, Hamilton will cement his case for the SHL Playoffs MVP.

TASK FIVE: My cape is a mixture of a surfers surfboard design and has cacti prickles on it. As a west coast kid I have to keep it local and go with something with a Los Angeles flavour. Born in Germany I made sure to include the German colours of red, yellow and black on the cape. Moving to the United States of America as a little boy made me go with a blend of both. My cape is quite long and goes down to the ground. I have a picture of some flashing lights and movie cameras on the bottom to show you that the media is low on my list of excitable things in Los Angeles.

TASK EIGHT: [Image: Admirals.png]

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

For a limited time only, get the broken shoulder pads Willy Mack wore when he stumbled out of the press box, down to the bench, and onto the ice for four seconds! Yes, that's right, the Admirals forward didn't play a minute all season, but got so sick of it he decided to take matters into his own hands. Never heard of him? That's ok! It makes it more unique! Feel like this is just another ploy by the sports entertainment industry to wring money out of fans who can barely afford to attend games anymore? Don't buy it, then, you plebeian motherfucker! This one of a kind piece of history can be yours for only $89.99! Those pads cost more than that retail! It's a steal! We only have twenty-four in stock, so get yours while supplies last! (Disclaimer: Shoulder pads may or may not be actual game-used equipment. The Portland Admirals and the Simulation Hockey League are not affiliated with this vendor nor do they make any claims as to the authenticity of this merchandise. Please don't sue us!Wink

Code:
181 words

The biggest game of the playoffs for many was the clinching game of the Challenge Cup Finals, or perhaps the fifth game of that series that set Manhattan up to capture the title. But for me, it was Game Six of the the Western Conference Finals. That game, wherein the Portland Admirals won in double overtime to advance to their first ever Challenge Cup Finals, in their first ever season in the playoffs, dispelled the ghosts that have haunted the franchise for a long time. The Admirals have always been off early, watching the playoffs from outside the glass. A spectator. That win chased away the ghosts. That win gave the Admirals hardware. While it is not the ultimate trophy, it is a trophy. The Cole Reinhart Trophy. Champions of the West. And that, to follow up the best regular season performance in Admirals history. Manhattan deserves all the praise they've received. They pulled off a wonderful year of their own. But the most important game of the playoffs is the one that cemented the Admirals as basement-dwellers no longer.

Code:
180 words

My choice for the S34 SHL MVP is the same as my vote for the Sarmad Khan Trophy. Luke Fleming, star center for the Winnipeg Jets. That's right, a player from a conference rival. Fleming was electric all season and willed his team into the playoffs. Fleming's main rival for this award is the infamous McZehrl of the recently crowned champion Manhattan Rage, but the fact is that while McZ had an amazing, perhaps one of the best offensive seasons in SHL history, hockey is a 200-foot game. Fleming scored a whopping 70 points in 50 games, but he was an absolutely dominating physical presence each and every night. 211 hits in 50 games is absurd for such a talented offensive player. That's over four hits a game. And the fact is, while McZehrl was incredible, I don't think there's a more valuable player in the league than Fleming. He literally does it all. There are no weaknesses in his game. You could play him with anybody and he'd dominate. I wish he played in the other conference. I'd rather have McZehrl as an opponent than Fleming, for sure. That's why Fleming's the MVP.

Code:
194 words

My cape is of a silky cloth, dyed in the finest shade of purple. It has gold tassels on the end and gold trim around the edges. In the center is a large "W" set inside a black circle. The "W" is silver, and shimmers in the light. The cape is tied with a sturdy purple cord around the neck, and hangs down to one's calves. It is best worn with a dashing pair of swim trunks and a gold chain, to complete the ensemble. I wouldn't recommend getting it wet, however, as it will soak easily and drag one down. Do not wear while swimming.

Code:
106 words

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||