Create Account

S34 Championship Week

TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.
LA is a sunny place and in result of that, it´s rather hot sometimes, so it´s important to drink enough water to fight against the sweating and losing stuff from your system because of it. We decided to try and raise awarness on the whole drinking enough by handing out free bottles to everybody who came and watched our games live at the arena during playoffs.

The bottles were of course empty, the whole idea was to remind people to drink and what better way to do that than giving people a empty bottle? Think about it, you are not going to drink anything if the bottle is empty, so you must find a source for the water from somewhere to fill the bottle up. The whole idea was also a great way to shut down the rumors that the water you might drink in our arena causes diarrhea or something like that. It´s not true and I think the people who filled their bottle with our water can vouch for that.

The actual bottles are made from extra hard plastic, so you can wash them in your dishwashing machine! They also had the logo of LA Panthers ´printed´ on them, so you can show who your support when working out on the gym or just walking around outside.

(210+)

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.
All the games in playoffs have potential to be big games, lose one or win one, difference could be fun times at the beach or going to the next round. For me personally, the biggest game has been the game six in the LA - Texas series.

LA started the series strong, won first two games, but then Texas came back and won two as well. Series was tied at 2-2 when LA managed to grab huge win and took the lead in the series with 3-2 wins. Texas had to win the next game, or they would indeed hit the beach and LA continues playing.

I don´t know what happened, but Texas managed to kick LA´s ass pretty badly when it mattered the most, even though the score was only 1-0. They had 37 shots when LA had 21. Haas was the only reason why the score did not get any bigger than that, but winning the game six gave Texas a little confidence boost that carried them all the way to winning the always so glorious game seven.

Game seven was one goal game as well, but like mentioned, I think Texas took the momentum by winning game six. LA had to start their holidays and Renegades went through to the next round.

(200+)

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the SHL 34 MVP? Must be 150 words.

There are quite few solid candidates for the MVP award, McZehrl and Fleming were the only ones who managed to reach 70 point mark this season. Mainio Mäkinen finished third in scoring with 66 points, but he also played 181 minutes on the penalty kill when McZehrl for example played ´only´ 108, Fleming played even less with 91, so Mäkinen played more on the PK, but also over 2,5 minutes less on average per game as the top-2 point collectors.

Patrick Brumm and Eduard Selich are two other players who had solid seasons, both scored over 60 points while playing over 100 minutes on PK, Brumm actually played over 200 on the PK. Lord Petty Facko was the fourth player to finish in the 60´s point category, but his +/- total and lack of PK minutes do not at least help in the MVP talks, in my eyes at least.

Nuck,Wollker and Clayton were the top-3 in defender scoring, all with over 10 goals and 50 points, but they might still not have enough on McZehrl who I think is going to win it, 79 points and the leading goal scorer on top of that is just too good of a total.

Haas, Harter and Mcfadden finish as the top-3 in save percentage and in goals against average, but little bit like with the defenders, McZehrls great season might be too hard to beat this year.

(200+)

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

My cape is pretty traditional one, I like to keep some things as close to they were years ago. Cape is one of those things. I sometimes think if I was born in the wrong time, much rather live in a time when it was actually ok to wear capes in public without having to worry about someone calling the cops on you.

The actual design of my cape is pretty simple, orange is the dominant color and on the middle is the LA Panther. The bright orange is really hard to miss when standing or sitting next to punch of suits or whatever journalists might wear.

What is extra great about my cape is that you can put it into the washer. I cant tell you how annoying it is to wash your leather cape with your bare hands. 90% cotton and 10% polyester is the way to go these days.

(100+)

TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.

Made exclusively for teams not in the playoffs...
[Image: IJwfx10.png]

TASK FIVE:  It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape!  Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

The Invisibility Cape! Meant for every non-playoff team!
[Image: 9RKfx04.png]

TASK SEVEN: Create a 'Tale of the Tape' poster between two players of your choice from the finals. Must include renders, player names, team logos, and player statistics.

[Image: MjPB4Rb.png]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: 7VpaUtF.png]

Pineapples DO belong on pizza

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@May 26 2017, 09:00 AM
Pineapples DO belong on pizza
BLASPHEMY

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

http://www.shlstuff.wtgbear.com/Playoffs...LF-36.html

Sitting on the edge of their 2nd Finals appearance in recent memory the Rage had only 1 more game against the Wolfpack to make that dream come true. A series that might look like it has been a breeze for Manhattan on paper, was much closer than it would intially appear with every game being settled by 1 goals, and 2 of 3 in overtime to this point. For the 3rd time in the 4 game sweep for the Rage, they ended the game and series with a 4-3 OT win. Unable to get the goals they needed in the the extra frames and find a hero, the Wolfpack were put down by the Rage. This game was by fart the biggest on across all league as it showed how Legit this Rage team is, and how clutch it's stars are. Sending the favourite wolfpack packing so early was a statement, and showed when things get tough the Rage can get it done. The Rage's core may still not end their careers with a cup win, but they have shown their sheer resilience and clutch nature for the 2nd time against the Pack.This was a statement and a half for the Franchise.
(202 Words)

There is an insane amount of worthy candidates this season for MVP (see below)

Fleming - WPG - 28 Goals - 70 PTS - 4 GWG - 211 Hits + 5
Brumm - SEA - 24 Goals - 62 PTS - 2 GWG +8
Harter - POR - 26-16-2 - .918% - SO: 2 - 2.54 GAA
Selich - BUF - 28 Goals - 63 PTS - 3 GWG - 2 GTG - +23

But.....I can't help but add in regular seasons + playoff performances, and my choice right now is VLAD McZehrl. Many people will use the argument about minutes played inflating numbers etc etc, but many players benfitted from the extra minutues this season and had much of the same opportunities with LESS production. He was so far ahead of the pack in goals, and points on an arguably less talented team overall, it's clear who carried the Rage to the playoffs and now has them sitting 8-0 heading into the finals. Despite many peoples reservations about giving him the award, it HAS to be his this season, no questions asked. The stat line is there, the reliance of the teams success as well. VLAD has all the numbers to back him up, and is a landslide for the MPV this year. If he isn't the commitee is flat out blind and voting against him. Nuff said.

VLAD McZehrl - 38 Goals - 79 Points - 6 GWG - 5 GTG - +8
VLAD McZehrl - 8 Goals - 15 points - +5 - 3 GWG (155+ Words if you include stats)

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

The Cape of Ludwig Koch Schröder would be one of elegance and grace. Containing bits and pieces of each nation represented by the Stampedes roster, the center piece would be a thing of beauty. The German shield, would adorn the center of the cape with the most glorious sight know the man and woman alike. The German eagle perched upon a mighty bison in a stampede jersey as it strides into battle to do away with all it's foes. The main colour of the cape would naturally be a woodland green, with yellow border all around the outside, and made of nothing but the finest silks from Asia. The cape would be light, and the soft to the touch with a smoothness only found on the bottom of a babe. This is the cape of dream. This is the cape of a champion (143 words)

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: 0edKBw7.png]

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Superstitions are funny. You do something goofy with some goofy before a game and you play amazing. Now all of a sudden you are doing this goofy superstition before every game, every shift and before you know it, the whole team is in on the goofy act. The Jets got off to a slow start to the season, then one game New GM Evans brought in a personal cat tongue to lick cats, and he went around and licked everyone on his line with it.
[Image: licki-brush-a-cat-brush-you-hold-with-yo...-cat-0.gif]
And they got scorching hot. Then he licked Berger, and he threw up a shutout. Now the whole team lines up before each game and gets licked before they run through the tunnel to get on the ice.

This is your chance to own the lucky Jets Cat tongue!

Send in a video of your personal talent that could use an extra lick to get you to reach your goal and you will be entered into the draw to win!

----

It’s the playoffs. Anything can happen. You just need to get into the dance and then it is a reset on the whole season. First team to 4 wins will win the series and rankings do not matter. The LA Panthers were the top seed in the West, while the Texas Renegades squeaked into the playoffs on the last games of the season. You expect that top vs. bottom seeds with a 9 point differential would be pretty one sided, but that’s why we play the game. The Texas Renegades took it to game 7. During this series the home team won every game. Advantage = Panthers. During the season Texas scored more goals, but the Panthers let in less. Texas were monsters on special teams with 3rd power play and 1st Penalty Kill. Advantage = Renegades. It’s game 7, anything can happen. The Renegades won 4-3 to take the series, advance to the next round agains the Portland Admirals, and ruin everybodys playoff brackets.

---

My choice for MVP is Luke Fleming of the Winnipeg Jets. Fleming is an in your face multi dimensional forward who enjoyed success on the top line and 3rd line. The Jets have been in a playoff drought for years and this MVP caliber season from Fleming lead them to the promise land. He scored 28 goals, 42 assists for 70 points in 50 games with a + 5 rating, meanwhile racking up 72 PIM, 211 hits, and 249 shots. He enjoyed success on the powerplay with 18 power play points, and even notched a shorthanded goal. Fleming played 5 games in the playoffs (hey, at least we got there! Better than nothing!Wink. In those 5 games he scored 1 goal and 5 assists for 6 points, 36 hits, 30 shots. Fleming is the ultimate leader on the ice, in the locker room, and in the community. Fleming for MVP!

---

Capes are a beautiful thing. Multi-functional capes are even better. This cape has the ability attach across the front to turn into a bib for when I eat my sandwiches on crispy crunchy bread and ewy gewy sauces which would normally leave bread crumbs and sauce down the front of my shirt. But not with this cape, the bib catches all of that and leaves my shirt clean and pressed for media day!

Capes can also make you hot when you wear them. This cape has a built in fan to keep you cool, and it also makes it look like it drifts in the wind for dramatic effect.

Hockey is played in the winter, which is cold, especially in Winnipeg. This cape has attachments to turn into a toque, scarf and give you mittens all at the same time to keep you warm during the cold windy hockey months.

Code:
Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia.Must be 150 words
Well sports fans, you may be down on the fact that your Texas Renegades were unable to come out on top in the Western Conference Finals this year- but it can't be denied that seeing the team rise from dead last in the league last season, to sneaking into the playoffs, to knocking off the top seed in the West was one hell of a ride.

To commemorate the team's herculean effort in Season 34, we're giving away the stick that Jack Durden had in his hands when he scored the game winner in game 7 of the TEX v. LAP first round series. Durden actually managed to fracture his stick on the shot that sealed the deal, making it impossible to keep using- his loss is your gain. We had Jack sign the tape before sending it over to us, so this truly is a one of a kind item that will go great with the rest of your Texas Renegades collection. Be the 69th caller, and win!

169 words

Code:
TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far?  150 words.
Certainly the biggest game of the playoffs so far cannot belong to the Manhattan Rage- after sweeping both their first and second round matchups, they've been rolling in such a way that no game was particularly "big" (although clearly, the sum of their wins has been).

Nay, the biggest game of the playoffs to date was played between the Texas Renegades and the Portland Admirals. The Rene's, who had surprised the 2nd overall LA Panthers in round 1, took game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, but had faltered in 3 straight thereafter. With their backs against the wall, they rallied in game 5 to a 4-1 win, forcing game 6. With the history of teams coming back from down 3-1, and given the fact that Texas had just rallied from down 3-2 to take their wild card round series, Portland was starting to get nervous.

Game 6 was a highly contested one, with each team alternating goals through the first 2 periods, with each team with 2 goals to show for their efforts. In each case, Texas scored to take the lead, only to see Portland draw even. So, when the third period had come and gone without a goal scored, it seemed momentum was in the Renegades' favor- would they score first yet again, and draw the series level 3-3? Alas... it wasn't meant to be, as Pedro Sarantez scored a mere 40 seconds into extra time to send Texas packing. But- what if he hadn't? What if Texas had gone on to win that game? Having won 2 straight facing elimination, the odds would have seemingly swung to their favor- we've seen teams struggle in game 7 after losing 2 game leads in previous years. I think that, had Texas pushed the series to 7, they would have won. It would have been the turning point in the series. The fact that Portland was able overcome adversity they'd faced in the game to push through, and cement their trip to the finals, was huge.

That game showed that under immense pressure, the Admirals wouldn't fold. That game gives them a spark of hope, despite the fact that they're coming up against an opponent who has yet to taste defeat in a single game in the playoffs.

379 words

Code:

To come to a conclusion on the MVP for the season, I couldn't help but try to create some sort of equation to crunch the numbers... trying to look beyond simply "who scored the most and had a decent number of hits, but also blocked some shots" or "who was the best player on the best team".

Much of this is based on my own opinion- for example, I don't value hits in sheer volume nearly as much as I value points- and even within hits, I prefer a player who can get hits without accumulating PIM in the process. I'll explain further...

Goals: Goals scored * G/20 - Goals are King in my book, but players shouldn't get a huge boost just from playing more minute. Their scoring rate multiplied by their production should help normalize difference in MIN.

Assists: .667 * Assists * A/20 - Naturally assists have a lot of value, but not as much as goals... I personally counted them for 2/3 of a goal, especially since 2nd assists is kinda cheap, in a way. Again, I used the rate/20 to normalize for minutes.

Hits: .167 * Hits * Hits/PIM * .1 - As I mentioned, I don't value hits like some others probably do. I'd roughly say 6 hits is as good as 1 goal, but even that, I was kinda meh on. As I mentioned earlier, I value Hit vs. PIM efficiency, thus that addition (I subtracted 5 minute majors, by the way). I felt like the hit values were still too high (because a lot of players have really high Hit/PIM ratios), so the .1 brought things back down to earth. If you look at the guys with good hit numbers, they scored relatively high across the board, but there were some standouts (players like Ace Redding, Pelligrino, and Theo Kane- who really killed it).

Shots Blocked: I took the average shot percentage of the top 75 players (10.37%) and multiplied that by the number of shots blocked- the idea being that if those shots had gone on net, that rate * volume worth would have gone in. You get a point for every goal you saved.

Ranking: The sum of all the previous points.

Results:
<center>[Image: IWdtfZI.jpg]</center>

Pretty cut and dry here... Luke Fleming (<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a>) was the top dog in the SHL this season. His well rounded ability to score at times, excel at assists, and also be very proficient at taking the body meant he had, in my opinion, the biggest impact on the ice in the time he had. Fleming was 8th in goals, 1st in assist points, 4th in hits and all the way down in 67th in shots blocked- but the culmination of stats put him just over McZehrl.

There were some real standouts on the list who may not get enough credit this year: Alonzo Garbonzo, Theo Kane, Patrikov Bure, Ace Redding, Don Pellegrino, Pierre-Luc Laflamme, and Lord Vador. All these guys were top 20 in my metrics, but outside the top 20 in points. To those players, I tip my cap- you're more valuable than most people will realize.

There were a few guys who generate great offensive stats, but aren't up there in my rankings... Jaxson Reynolds and Tommy Creller are top 20 scorers, but outside the top 30 for me, and Jack Durden and Terrance Nova, at 10 and 11 in scoring, ended up 24th and 25th in the table. Greater production defensively: hits and shots blocked, would help their respective causes.

Myself? While I was 19th in scoring, I was otherwise meh... landing at 57th. I've got a long way to get to my own MVP!

586 words

Code:
TASK FIVE:  It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape!  Describe your cape in at least a 100 words.
Conklin Owen is just now walking up to radio row here, and, what's this? He's got a cape on, for some unknown reason! It's a long black cape with silver trim around the outside, and a silver collar. I'm assuming that's in homage to his tenure with the Rene's.

Looks like the inside is a green, similar to that on a one hundred dollar bill, with some gold piping- that must be representative of "Green is for the Money, Gold is for the Honey", perhaps a nod to his current contract dispute and FA status.

As he's walking past now, I see even more- a saying on the top: "Passed Me Once- Don't Make the Same Mistake Twice". There's logos, they're small, but I'm seeing: 2X Panthers, 2X Stampede, Platoon, 2X :admirals:, Chiefs, 2X Riot , Wolfpack, Stars, Rage, Steelhawks and the Dragons! That can only be one thing- the teams who passed on him in the S30 draft year. He's pretty clearly calling those teams out as having missed out on something great, but is he signaling they've got a chance to make it right?

That's a hugely bold statement from a player who is otherwise a pretty quiet guy. Clearly he's sending a message here that he wants the league to see loud and clear!

217 words

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Tune in to McF’resto tonight for a chance to win a jersey signed by the entire Seattle Disappointments, I mean Riot players! Michael McFadden has taken the time to get all his teammates, coaches and GMs to sign his jersey and gave it to his restaurant so we can give you something to cheer for! The Portland Admirals will take on the Manhattan Rage and we will be going you the chance to predict the score, the goal scorers and the goaltender performances, along with plenty of other little details like when the goals will be scored, who will score first and last, who will win opening face-off and more! The participant who gets the most points will win the jersey FREE! So we know your Riot are out, but it’s the finals and why not go out and watch the 2 best teams duel it out, and put your expert mind to the test for a chance to win a free them signed McFadden jersey!

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

A little boy runs into the room, he’s looking determined, he is waiting for his mom to head to the laundry room, his eyes are on the cup, the cup of ice cream she just made. If he can run quick enough and snatch it before she turns back into the kitchen, its all his. She makes her way to the laundry room, he sprints, he's off to a great start, he is definitely going to have a great shot at this cup, and then, out of no where, he poops his pants, slowly tumbles and falls, as his mom walks back in, sees him on the floor, shit coming out of his pants, and she picks up him and rushes him to the washroom yelling. HISTORY WILL BE MADE! This is a representation of Seattle season and last season, starting off good and missing the playoffs or getting swept by the Dragons.

When a player has a 9 point lead in the SHL scoring race, and there’s 3 goalies with very similar stats, the Most Valuable Player is pretty obvious. Timo Haas will likely win the McBride for best goalie, as his stats just barely edge out Mark Harter and Michael McFadden, but when looking at Chris McZerhl’s 38 goals and 79 points, its clear as day to determine that he is this years top player. He leads the league in goals by 6, he's 1 assist shy of tying for the league lead, He put up 189 hits and 12 blocked shots on top of his offensive stats. He also eats up 28.5 minutes per game on average, and thats good for top 4 in the entire league. Most seasons it could be argues that a certain player deserves it more than the other, and a collective vote by a committee decides who wins, but this year I feel the vote should be unanimous, Vlad McZerhl is the SHLs best player.

Michael McFadden is drunk, he’s out in his jock strap and a cape, a Riot coloured cape with what appears to be the logo of the Riot spray painted with losers over it. He’s running around the Riot arena ranting about how shitty his team is and how they can only play hockey for 25 games. This can not end well. Is this a sign of the Riot’s goaltender calling it quits in Seattle, or maybe it’s Seattle that will decide this is not a proper figure to have in their team and ship him out? Let the rumours fly, McFadden on his way out?

TASK ONE: Every ten faceoffs Alexander Charlyb’y won during the season, he would retire his stick. Retire his stick and cut the blade off. Each blade was then signed and put into an auction for Texas’ Children’s Charity. Charlyb’y’s incredible faceoff skills have been lauded over for the whole year by fans and media analysts alike. Buchesner putting him out in all situations to win a draw then skate to the bench, a strategy not attempted by any other coach in the history of the SHL, was a great success for the team, and Charlyb’y won a lot of faceoffs. Because of this over 10 blades were auctioned off and a few more given away to lucky children at the Texas’ Children Hospital. We have Charlyb’y and his excellent faceoff acumen to thank for such a wonderful event, and such a wonderful cause. If Texas had made it to the finals, you could have expected to see at least 5 more sticks get auctioned off during this event

TASK TWO: The first place Los Angeles Panthers squared off against the last place Texas Renegades in the first round of the SHL playoffs. It was Los Angeles’ series to lose. Texas didn’t stand a chance, LA had beaten them 4 games to 1 in the season series, they were a powerhouse, and favourites to face the New England Wolfpack in the finals (that didn’t end to well either). Early on, that seemed true, with LA going ahead of Texas. But they clawed back to a game 7. In game 7 the two teams had a hard fought game. In a series with two bench clearing brawls, some of the most penalties handed out in a single series in SHL history, and a ton of bad blood, this game came to a boiling point. Texas ended up taking the game, not conforming to Los Angeles’ game, and not letting them get in their heads. Such a huge game for both teams. LA needed to continue on to save their dignity, and a possible Cup winning season, and Texas needed to advance to win their first playoff series since Season 23.

TASK THREE: Kanye Summers and Jeffrey Dar come screaming up the ice together. Bearing down on a lone Jon Doran in his own zone. Summers does a quick head fake and heads around the net, squandering their 2 on 1 situation. It’s overtime of game 7 between the two expansion teams Minnesota and Los Angeles. Summers bounds behind the net, eyes on Dar the whole time. Sean Stevenson attempts to bear down on Summers, but he quickly releases it to an open Dar in the high slot. Dar let’s a one time slapper go and it flies top shelf over Brandon Sawyer, ending the game and winning the Los Angeles Panthers their first Cup in their second season.

[That music plays, everything rewinds, goes back to them breaking into the zone]

“What if we never gave expansion a chance?”

Portland vs. Manhattan logos come up on screen with the subtext “History Will be Made”

TASK FOUR: Luke Fleming is my MVP. It’s hard to argue against Vlad McZerhl, and Manio Makainen did get such a great amount of points while playing a realistic 24 minutes a night, but Luke Fleming is so much more important to his teams success. Fleming now only scored 70 points in on the season, including 28 goals, but he also had a whopping 211 hits, and 4 fights to his name. Luke Fleming may be one of the best power forwards this league has ever seen. You can’t let a season like this go unnoticed, 3rd in hits in the league, Fleming just obliterated players. No one wanted to match up against him, and if you tried to hit HIM you bounced right off. It was a ridiculous season, and I feel like he is a more deserving candidate than Vlad McZerhl. However, in a record breaking year for McZerhl I can’t imagine he won’t receive the honors, but at some point I feel like you have to reward the witnessing of one of the best power forwards to play the game of hockey

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Task 1
[Image: rr3UD6q.jpg?1]
We will draw Zander Rhys signed jersey during the game seven between Toronto North Stars and the New England Wolfpack. To participate in this amazing event, be sure to come early to the game. We will enter the first 100 fans for the contest. Good luck!

Task 5
[Image: BHe1LOZ.jpg]

Task 6
[Image: zRnNiDT.jpg]

[b]Task 8[b]
[Image: mRH1JBL.jpg]

156 words

All Texas Renegade season ticket holders will receive a certified Renegod cowboy hat. This hat is made right here in Texas by our hardworking locals using certified Texas leather. This hat was designed by current Texas players Geoffrey Allen, Rick James, and rookie defender Adam Kaiser. The Renegades logo is stitched in the front of the hat and comes in either black or brown. One size does not fit all so please make sure you request the size you would like at least one week (7 days) before the first Renegades game of the playoffs. If any member of the Texas Renegades scores a hat trick during game one of the Texas, Los Angeles series, then this offer will be extended not only to the season ticket holders but to anyone who joined us at this game. Keep your ticket stub after the game and that is all you will need to claim your hat afterwards.

154 words

The biggest game of the playoffs so far was definitely game 6 of the western conference finals between the Texas Renegades and the Portland Admirals. This was a hard fought series for both teams, but what make this series and this game in particular the most important game of the playoffs so far, is that no expansion team has ever made it to the Challenge Cup finals and with a win, the Portland Admirals became the first.

It was a 3-2 overtime win for the Admirals and you could see it on the players faces just how excited they were to be heading to the finals to face off against the Manhattan Rage. Their year long effort was worth it in that moment as they shook hands with the mighty Texas Renegades. That moment was fairly short lived though, as they still have one more opponent standing in their way of becoming league champions.

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

164 words

History will be made in S34 as your Renegades of Texas take on the Los Angeles Panthers! The Renegades are back in the playoffs after missing out last season and are looking to break a 10 season curse of not making it past the first round. They will have their work cut out for them though as the Panthers are hungry and out for blood. After missing the playoffs last season, you could say the Renegades are a bit of the underdogs going into this series, but after talking to multiple players, they all seem confident that they will be able to get the job done.

Aging stars such as Geoffrey Allen and Jack Durden will be called upon to be the difference makers if their squad is going to defeat Chris Crutchfield and his LA Panthers. This is one series that will have you on the edge of your seat from start to finish that no one is going to want to miss!

171 words

Who has my vote for playoff MVP? Who other than VLAD McZerhl? McZerhl has been on of if not the top scorer in the league for the recent past and he has been his usual self this playoffs. He has been a strong leader on and off the ice, and by all means a player and mentor that all the young up and coming rookies can look up to and learn a great deal from.

The puck just seems attracted to McZ's stick but once he releases that deadly snap shot, the puck is attracted to the back of the net. Just having him on the ice puts a certain fear into opposing teams goal tenders which seems to sometimes throw them off their game. One strategy that Manhattan seems to pull out more often then not when they run into a hot goalie is to start double shifting McZerhl and it has worked out great so far. These are some of the reasons I would choose McZerhl as playoff MVP

CW1:

The exclusive Manhattan Rage Pez Dispenser

[Image: MJ5bmmu.png]

CW5:

The 'we are sure everything is played fair' cape (no worries Josh, its just fun and games)

[Image: ylJg0Y4.png]

CW6:

The Manhattan won fair and square edition

[Image: fDBzAoO.png]

CW9:

And a banner

[Image: LyDvAXE.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Be sure to get to the rink of game 1 early because to the first 10,000 fans of game one of the SHL Victory Cup between the Portland Admirals and Manhattan Rage, we will be giving away replica cup pucks. This limited release will be a must have for any SHL collector's man cave and will be a serious collectible item for Portland Admirals fans with this being their first Victory Cup appearance. But that is not all! Among those 10,000 pucks will be 25 randomly inserted game used pucks from each team. These pucks were used at some point during the season and have been signed by random Rage and Admirals players. Names such as Vlad McZehrl, Ace Redding, Jonathan Lunderberg, Pedro Sarantez, and many more! This chance at game used memorabilia signed by your favorite players doesn't come around often. Don't miss your chance on claiming a little piece of history and get to the rink early to get yours!

Code:
Words: 158

The biggest game of this season's Victory Cup chase playoffs was not a big game seven win but rather a win that gave a franchise their very first. That was the Portland Admirals beating the Texas Renegades in game six and putting themselves into the Season 34 Victory Cup against the Manhattan Rage. The Admirals started the process of blowing up the farm to win in the now and it hadn't translated to anything to speak of up until this season. They made their first playoff appearance in franchise history and now are in the Victory Cup for the first time in their franchise career as well. The Admirals in the Cup is not that surprising considering they beat two inferior teams in the Jets and Renegades and got to avoid the only true test in the Los Angeles Panthers. Now they face off against the red hot Rage and MVP front runner Vlad McZehrl. It will be an exciting series and no matter what happens, the Admiral fans will always have game six against the Renegades to remember and look back on due to what it meant for this franchises history.

Code:
Words: 191

SHL MVP is almost a contest of who scores the most points over the course of the season and plays on a winning team. That makes this choice extremely easy this season as Manhattan Rage star Vlad McZehrl is the easy choice for the SHL S34 MVP. He amassed a whopping 79 points this season consisting of 38 goals and 41 assists. These totals were good for first, first, and third respectively in the league. On top of his huge scoring output, he has the Rage in the Victory Cup yet again, couple that with his scoring and you have a slam dunk winner for this season's MVP. A couple close finishers would be Luke Fleming, Mainio Makinen, and Patrick Brumm. These three were also among the league leader in points scored and contributed heavily to their team's success. However this may be one of the most lopsided MVP races in recent memory as those three really aren't all that close to McZehrl and what he did and is continuing to do going into the Victory Cup.

Code:
Words: 174

When the Manhattan Rage host their first game of the Victory Cup they will play mind games with the Portland Admirals and invite adversary Steven Stamkos Jr. to the ice for the puck drop. Stamkos Jr. will not just show up wearing regular attire, he will be sporting a cape, a glorious cape. On this cape will be a large Buffalo Stampede logo bedazzled in glimmering jewels and it will turn heads. Now only will be jewels but the jewels be light up jewels and they will change colors every two seconds. It will be sure to distract the Admiral players and take them out of their heads right before game time.

Code:
Words: 112

- TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo

The toronto north star choker. If you are fan you have to wear this choker although usually only females where chokers which is fine and alll but if you suppert the toronto north stars you have become a real fan by choking just like the team in a game 7. Yea they are an automatic write off in the shl cup finals but that's okay because everyone is united by wearing this BLUE choker it's a cool little thing that goes around your neck and females wear because idk it's got some weird design and you can turn em on if they are kinky by pulling it. It has some cool features because it's awesome like that. Unfortunatly the chokers are sold out at the moment but dont worry they will be back and you can get one yourself for 5 dollars. Its cheap because there is a factory that makes one for 1 dollar and we just sprsy paint them blue oops.

164 words

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you

Okay so they are asking for a history will be made and the best ones were when it was slow mo and going in reverse with the slow piano and something epic happend when it was forward and then it goes in reverse and says some cheesy saying like what if toronto did not get trolled by STHS? Or something like that. Then it fades to black. Or we can do the most recent ones where they have some guy trying to have an epic voice with semi epic music in the backround like. Have Big Z and wert training together and like. They choked in game 7s together. They dominated they ice and still lose together. This year that may or may not change only on the stanley cup playoffs starting april 12th. Like it's fantastic. Then the only other one I can think of is the 2012 one where it shows all the teams winning the stanley cup and showing the captain being unable to speak because the media stormed the ice and the players were just trying to celebrate their stanley cup win. But they say that it is "no words due to winning the cup they are speechless" nah they do not care they want to celebrate thats why " no words" were spoken. Imagine jasper clayton having a speech for that one. Or understanding vlad mcz while piano is blasing in the backround. Not the best choice of commercial. We will stick with the 2011 one for sure

250 words

- TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the SHL 34 MVP? Must be 150 words

Who is this years MVP you ask. They ask this every year so the real MVP again is the STHS. This year they carried the manahattan rage to the shl finals and you kniw who elese got carried there by the STHS? That's right you guessed it portland admirals. Really carry the team that everyone and their mom decided to sign to because they were sure they already won the cup after the mark harter signing. None the less they lost which makes the STHS the real MVP. I am excited to say the MCz has like 400 cups and kind of a write in for MVP by exploiting the STHS build system somehow. Oh yea anyone would like to explain how the STHS thinks? Dice roll? Coin flip? We will never know because the STHS in the playoffs anyway is the real MVP rnadomizes the whole final which kind of is crazy. But STHS you da real MVP

170 words

Okay we are wearing a cape for an interview? What am i might man because that's the cape everyone would wear. Let me quickly describe the STHS cape. It has a huge quesrion mark on the back with thenwords who will win? Sprawled across the back of it and then it has a wheel of fortune where the butt hole is. It has a coin flip design on the shoulder with the portland admirals and manahattan rage on it. On the next shoukder it lannds on th rage because they won the SHL Cup so it makes sense. It even comes with an accessory the clown nose becaise it's the STHS it is mainly a clown so yeaaaa that's my cape

125 words

Code:
In honor of the Portland Admirals first ever Challenge Cup Finals appearance, Portland will be giving away 1000 folding chairs. The first 1000 fans through the door at Portland’s first Challenge Cup Finals home game will receive a voucher, which can be redeemed for one of these chairs after the game. The chairs are in honor of everyone’s favorite goaltender, Kyle Wahlgren, and the great season he had. Sitting. The chairs will be made of yellow cloth, with black trim, and will come with a carrying bag. They will have the name Wahlgren on the back, the SHL playoff logo on the front, and Kyle’s masked face on the seat. Relive all of Wahlgren’s thrilling games as backup goalie to Mark Harter. Really feel like Kyle himself, sitting on your ass, doing nothing. If your butt every gets sore, from all the sitting, like Wahlgren, you can stand up and yell something, but be sure to sit back down, or the experience won’t be authentic.

Code:
In my eyes, the biggest game has to be game seven of the Texas/Los Angeles series. This was not a series that I expected to be this close. I don’t know how the rest of the league felt, but I expected Los Angeles to win in no more than 6 games. Texas had other ideas. After going down, 3-2, Texas came back and made a statement in game 6. They shut LA out and won, 1-0, setting up a huge game 7. Texas went up in the first period, off a Charlyb’y goal. The two teams traded goals in the second, making it 3-2 in favor of Texas heading into the third. Very early in the third, Felix Herzog scored to tie the game. The two teams battled, but the game remained tied for the next 17 minutes. Then, with just 1 minute and 15 seconds remaining, Jack Durden scored his second goal of the playoffs to seal the win for Texas. Texas would be going to the Western Conference Finals.

Code:
I think we’re likely to see a lot of people calling either Luke Fleming, or VLAD McZehrl for MVP. Both of these are fair choices, I think. I’d like to see Timo Haas in the discussion for MVP. This might sound a little strange, especially when you consider that he isn’t necessarily the clear-cut winner for the John McBride Trophy this season. Let’s take a look at all of his numbers though. 0.918 save percentage, 2.45 goals against average, 5 shutouts, and 26 wins. Very strong performance, all the way around. The reason I think he should be considered for MVP, is that his team did not give him the goal support you would expect for the team that finished just three points behind New England. New England scored 192 goals on the season, while LAP scored only 159. This may not be as impressive as someone scoring 70 points, or 38 goals, but to me, it says that without Haas, LAP may not have had the dominant season that they had.

Code:
TASK FIVE:  It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape!  Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!
Lundberg’s cape would be Portland yellow, and it would be comically large. So large that is would be a major problem, hindering his ability to do anything, even walking is a problem with this enormous piece of cloth behind him. It will also have just a single piece of text printed on it. Not too large, not too small, just big enough to be clearly read. #teamfirstalwats. When asked any question about his gigantic cape, Lundberg will not ever address it, choosing to ignore it like it’s not even there. Any questions about the cape will be met with a generic statement about how special playoff hockey is.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!