Create Account

S35 - SHL Playoff Index

You might say that each and every post trying to vilify this situation, in fact, required almost a million times more effort than making the update post that was not made. That's how easy this is. I'm spending 20 times more out of my day than would have been required to make that post. Build a bridge and get over it.

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Jul 16 2017, 03:37 PM

Make line changes like the entire league is suppose to and is required to and it wouldn't have happened. Period.
Have a full and accurate grasp of the situation before you open your mouth.

The mistake was admitted to. He said he was in the process of changing our goalie when another issue came up with another playoff team which made him forget. He even admitted that he thought he had done the change before the sim had been done when in fact he hadnt. We followed procedure to the letter.

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

Popcorn

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> just post a screenshot of Buffalo not properly updating their lines

Quote:Originally posted by Samee@Jul 16 2017, 02:50 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> just post a screenshot of Buffalo not properly updating their lines
Or I can post a screenshot of JY admitting fault saying he meant to put holmes back in but was distracted by Bojo pinging him.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus@Jul 16 2017, 03:54 PM

Or I can post a screenshot of JY admitting fault saying he meant to put holmes back in but was distracted by Bojo pinging him.
<a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Bojo</a> look at what you've done!

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus@Jul 16 2017, 03:54 PM

This is my fault now? Neat.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jul 16 2017, 04:15 PM

This is my fault now? Neat.

#NotMyCommish

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jul 16 2017, 04:20 PM

#NotMyCommish

Probably a good thing. Could you imagine?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Insayne@Jul 16 2017, 02:44 PM

Have a full and accurate grasp of the situation before you open your mouth.

The mistake was admitted to. He said he was in the process of changing our goalie when another issue came up with another playoff team which made him forget. He even admitted that he thought he had done the change before the sim had been done when in fact he hadnt. We followed procedure to the letter.

I have a full grasp of the situation. Update my lines and post the word 'Update' in my S35 Portland Admirals Lines thread. No problems.

[Image: Wally.png]

Nice sim!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jul 16 2017, 04:21 PM

Probably a good thing. Could you imagine?

Let's hope that never happens.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Jul 16 2017, 04:22 PM

I have a full grasp of the situation.  Update my lines and post the word 'Update' in my S35 Portland Admirals Lines thread. No problems.
Or just post, "put Holmes back in plz and ty"

If Walrus didn't post in the update thread it's his fault tbqh

We're not throwing JY under the bus here, mistakes like this happen and I've even said that given past precedence, this likely doesn't warrant a re-sim either way.

However, I strongly reject the notion that this is somehow Buffalo's fault. JY himself admitted that this was on him, that he was in the process of changing goalies but then another issue came up and he forgot to get back to it. What else do you want on top of that admission of fault? I don't know what exactly was written in the Buffalo line thread but it obviously was sufficient, because JY originally got the message and started updating our lines including the goalies and things only went wrong because there was an interruption. Trying to turn this whole situation upside-down and start another anti-Buffalo thing over it is quite pathetic.

During my tenure as GM I've seen people use a varitey of different formats to post goalie changes, from specific posts for ever single change "goalie y to starter", "goalie y as starter" to broader statements like "in the next sim, use our back-up for our first and third game (games 124 and 133)" or "please play our back-up against Toronto, then switch back to our starter". All these have worked well in the past and the Simmer can always make a quick post in the line thread or send a PM if he'd prefer GMs to use a different format. If TDW wrote "put our back-up in for the last game of the regular season only" then that's absolutely sufficient. While it is always good for insurance, there doesn't need to be a separate "put our starter in again" update if the original message was clear.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

[Image: FCNHlQT.png]

[Image: BLwuQKs.png]

LOL Stampede your GM Rolleyes

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]