Create Account

S36 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread

<div align="center">Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite

The Calgary Dragons are always looking for motivated young players to join our organization. We're a very successful team with a great atmosphere and strong leadership. We work hard, we support each other and we have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S36 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

We have a 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th in this deep draft, so we hope to add a number of quality prospects to our team this season!

Player Name and Position:

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10.

2. What do you know or like about the current Dragons team?

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

5. What do you do for fun besides SHL?

6. What is your favorite NHL team and player?

7. Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2, maybe even 3 seasons in the SMJHL?

8. Are you open to advice on your build and doing whatever is best for the team?

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here so we can take a look, in case we missed it... Are you any good at GFX?

10. What has been your favorite thing about the league so far? What's been your least favorite?

11. Do you have a favorite gif? Post it below. No worries if you don't have one.

[Image: giphy.gif]

:lol:

Dragons Dragons

Now the important questions...

*** If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) B)

Thanks for your time.

Dragonite </div>

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Easily a 10

I love how close knit the LR is and how much everyone supports one another.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
Nothing that I am aware of. I'm a full time student but most of my classes are in the morning and I would have no problem being on when not in class or during breaks.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
I'll be 29 in Oct.

I like video games, comics, reading. I'm a big nerd for the most part but I love all kinds of sports and play when I can for fun.

6. What is your favorite NHL team and player?Favorite team is the Penguins Ninja Fave player would probably have to be Letang or Fleury.

7. Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2, maybe even 3 seasons in the SMJHL?
None at all. Whatever helps the team is fine by me and I'll go wherever you need me.

8. Are you open to advice on your build and doing whatever is best for the team?
Definitely. I'm new to the site and while I think I have a good understanding of how things work now there's no way I know as much as the people who have been here for much longer.

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here so we can take a look, in case we missed it... Are you any good at GFX? I currently have a media piece in the media of the month voting. How I Got Here

10. What has been your favorite thing about the league so far? What's been your least favorite? Favorite has been the communication and friendships made. It's been extremely fun to do all this while making friends and being able to chat about it. Least favorite was probably just the learning curve and how confusing everything was at first but thats natural when encountering new things and the rookie mentor team here is phenomenal at their job.

11. Do you have a favorite gif? Post it below. No worries if you don't have one.
[Image: image.gif]

If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why? Kate Upton hands down. Looks at those gigantic ti....tracts of land.

Do you like Chicken Parm? Is this even a question people answer no to? Seriously its the greatest food ever created and even if you don't draft me I'm eating chicken parm that day.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Cody Fletcher, scrub left wing sniper

about a 8-9

They have a few of nice dudes and uhhh a bunch of stuff Joe said in the chat but i forgot.

I do yeah, i mean im already working 40h a week and im here almost 40h a week too (it help to have internet at work 8D

Over 20 Under 30

There is something outside of this ? Nah JK. I play video games and i read

Habs - Price

ABBBBBSOOOOLUTTEEELYYYYY not

yep 100% hand down

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here so we can take a look, in case we missed it... Are you any good at GFX?
I have a few too much tbh ... I have the letter of Letter of Marque Serie and a Podcast I also did article on draft but that's not really revelant on what's active rn
GFX = REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10. What has been your favorite thing about the league so far? What's been your least favorite?
The rookie class is amazing. I'm scared of the Thunderdrome

http://imgur.com/eii5IIr

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Player Name and Position: Finn Jakobsen, Two Way/Defensive LW.

meh probably a 7-8

It's in Calgary Ninja 5 time winners, (possibly 6 after this playoffs, goodluck btw), had a shitty year in S34 but rebounded wonderfully this year. Don't really know anyone on the team except for eternal sexman Joe.

I'm in the process of looking for a job, and am in school. But that hasn't hindered me yet.

in 20's

Read, study, watch sports, vidya, movies, starting to work out again.

Teams: Sens, Leafs
Favorite active player: idk, meme machine Bobby Ryan is pretty great. I like that JG Pags too. Ryan Rielly, Ryan Kesler also.
Favorite Players ever: Steve Yzerman, Daniel Alfredsson, Matts Sundin, Scott Stevens, young Paul Kariya

I'm down to stay another 4.

For the most part, yep. There's no harm in advice!.

Good? LOL no. I'm trying learn gimp more, but I've put that aside lately.

favorite: winning.and S36 rooks #bestclass
Least favorite: lol HO's decisions.

12. If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?
First off, Kate would float due to her heavenly..... Life rafts..... But if they were both drowning I'd have to choose Kate, because she's godly, and doesn't make shit music.

13. Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft
Oh shit I just had Chicken Parm for lunch.! Ahh

Player Name and Position: Clint Eastwood, Defensive Defenseman

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10: 7

2. What do you know or like about the current Dragons team? They seem to have a nice locker room. The GM seems nice. The logo gives me wet dreams.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc): School starts up for me in September. However, it won't be that difficult.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). Under 20

5. What do you do for fun besides SHL? Watch NHL, Watch WWE, play basketball and soccer, and play video games.

6. What is your favorite NHL team and player? Boston Bruins: Brad Marchand

7. Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2, maybe even 3 seasons in the SMJHL? I love my junior team with a passion. Please keep me down for 3 seasons.

8. Are you open to advice on your build and doing whatever is best for the team? I'll definitely be willing for advice. I'd have to compromise though. I'm not going to completely overhaul my build and redistribute TPE to your liking (If I do, prepare to give me a large contract).

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here so we can take a look, in case we missed it... Are you any good at GFX? Here

10. What has been your favorite thing about the league so far? What's been your least favorite? Favorite: Watching PBPs. Least Favorite: Thinking of the horrors if Buffalo drafted me

11. Do you have a favorite gif? Post it below. No worries if you don't have one. [Image: EzaBQOK.gif]

*** If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why? Selena Gomez. She's not married.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) Maybe

Joseph Lombardi, Sniper RW, STL

Nothing, I don't know much about the Dragons
School and tennis could but I don't really think it will.
Under 20
Tennis
Blues, Tarasenko
No. I want to get better before coming up
I'm committed to getting better and being a team player so hell yeah
I suck at GFX and here's my awesome article: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=80470
It's complicated when you join, but I like netting your teammates
11. Do you have a favorite gif? Post it below. No worries if you don't have one. I have too many to post here

*** If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?
Upton cause she's hotter
**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) hell yea

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Player Name and Position: Dionyz Vyskoc, RW

5? No positives, no negatives, as long as I can stay down in the juniors for a couple-to-few more seasons.

Gorlab-to-Zoidberg, a very perplexing mix of players, both good and bad over the years. Oh, and chicken parm.

Starting uni in the fall, so that's worrying, but I think I cna do it. Hell, I'm travelling right now and still finding time for the SHL.

18 Y/O

Hockey, gaming, stats

NJD (but I'm amny season removed) and Martin Brodeur

No problem whatsoever, whatever helps me produce more and play at my best.

I'm going to be very selfish with this player, so I will likely listen to adivice, but will not change to fit a different role.

I have two projects in the mix: a end-of-the-year review every season and a GM retrospective starting at S1, so I would love help with that! :D

I have little talent with graphics

The community can be the best and absolute worst of the league at times, so I hope I can land amongst the better part.

I used to have a good one of Stephen Colbert drinking that I used after PGF lost in a game seven in S30.

:lol:

Dragons Dragons

Whoever's easiest to save. I'd prefer neither, but I'm a nice person.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) B)

Yes, but I don't like the chunky tomato sauce usually on it.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Player Name and Position: Ben Turska, Defense

One thing I have always noticed about the Dragons is their association with success. Even after an off year, the Dragons seem to bounce back and are often a playoff team.

Truthfully, I just don't have as much time for the site as I did when I first joined at the age of 14 (now 22). I am a recent college grad with a full time job. I know that I will always be checking and updating but there will be times where my schedule gets busy and I will be less active throughout a week or a span of days. Overall, I know I will continue to be committed to whatever team I am drafted by.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). 22 years of age.

Go out to the bars, play video games, play guitar and listen to music, play sports (particularly golf or baseball)

Always been a Blackhawks fan. Favorite NHL player is Jarome Iginla.

I would be perfectly happy with spending a season or two in the juniors to help the team.

Absolutely.

I believe I am a strong writer. It has been a while since I have written a long media article but I can if I need/want to.

Favorite thing has been the friendships I have made. Least favorite has been trying to keep up with new rules/regulations since returning from several months off the site.

http://i.imgur.com/lbxQSbm.gifv

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/hap...py0007.gif

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJ...moteDragons.png http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJ...moteDragons.png

Kate Upton will be floating fine on her own...so Selena.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0003.gif
One of the greatest things I have ever eaten.

5, I don't know nobody

See above

Should be pretty steady

Late 20sish

Games, golf, dog, programming

Penguins, Kris Letang

No problem

Open to build advice, but wouldn't want to be shoehorned into something team-specific that seems like it wouldn't be as universally applicable (i.e. you're an enforcer-ish guy now)

Yep I have two nominations for Media of the Month for June. Fridgecast has been a pretty successful podcast, and the Chirpability article pre-SMJHL draft was a ton of fun.

Lots of really good people, lots of really irritating people. It's not hard to separate yourself from the wrong people and enjoy the right people.

[Image: z8eZn.gif]

Player Name and Position: Dakota Reid; LW

5 or 7 depending on how you view these sorts of scales. I just want to be drafted, bro.

Nothing at all. I'm new to everything.

I have school, but I should have plenty of time.

18. Just legal.
[Image: tenor.gif]

I write for an SB Nation blog about the Chicago Fire.

Chicago Blackhawks and Andrew Shaw (I miss him so)

I would prefer to develop in the SMJHL, so I'm cool with it.

I'm open to advice, but there's a certain build that I'm going for.

Here They Are
And I can do graphics if they allowed me to do MS Paint and get treated like the real artist I am.

Playing against real people. Waiting and the helplessness of seeing your player fail.

[Image: voOd0jB.gif]

Selena Gomez. I like musical talent and she's also smaller and much easier to save. Less energy expended I guess.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list)
I'm cool with it.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Player Name and Position: Éric Pelletier - Center

5 : Heard nothing of the dragons but I would be happy to be drafted by any team

They are in Calgary?

It's my last year at university, don't know how it can affect the time i can spend here

Over 20

Video games and Board games

GO HABS GO so Price is my man

No problem at all, we have a pretty young team in HAL and the nexts seasons should be exciting

Always

I need to start writing something to have money :(

least favourite was to come here after SMJHL draft
Favorite is the Raiders team we have here in HAL

No gif, sorry

I don't know, I don't really know them and I'm a bad swimmer, could kill myself trying to sve one.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list)
CHICKEN!

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

Im sick of typing.

Interest is being expressed.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Seth Paige, D

Chance to share an LR with Nuck and Esa.

School could be a minor problem. My program gets really intense in short bursts so sometimes I drop off the face of the earth for a week or so. I'll be on an internship for 8 of the next 12 months, though, so it shouldn't be too big an issue.

Mostly reading, running, and hiking. Sometimes video games or Netflix binging.

Leafs, Mitch Marner

Yeah, I'd honestly rather play a few more seasons in junior than come up before I'm ready to be a contributor.

Absolutely. I haven't made a defender before so I'm open to criticism.

If I'm being honest most of my media is just churned our for the money. No top quality stuff since I recreated. My GFX is okay, but nowhere near the level of a many on this site.

Love LR/Discord chat during the playoffs. All the unnecessary drama every time HO does anything is probably my least favorite thing.

Big fan of this one:
[Image: LegitimatePresentFlyingsquirrel-size_restricted.gif]

Tough one, but I'd save Upton. IMO she's got the edge in looks, and her reaction to Verlander's Cy Young snub was one of the best tweets I've ever seen.

Love it.

[/align][/QUOTE]

Player Name and Position: Ted Glass, Defense

10. Interested in anyone that is willing to draft me lol.

I don't really know much about the Dragons at all, to be honest.

Yeah, the semester starting might reduce my activity a bit as well as if my Army battalion needs me a bit more often than I'm expecting.

Over 20.

Chell, other video games, actually playing hockey and other sports.

Favorite team is the NY Rangers, and right now it's Chris Kreider but it may end up Shattenkirk depending on how the season goes.

I would love that, I'm extremely happy with my junior team's LR and it gives me a chance to marinate in the juniors :D

Absolutely. This is my first sim player ever and so I already ask a lot of questions about what direction to take, and being exactly what my team wants is prime.

The only real media that I've done is the PGS stuff. Absolute trash at GFX.

Favorite thing is the locker room on my junior team. Halifax has one of the best environments I've ever been in. Least favorite was feeling like my player was stagnating.

Non-hockey:
[Image: 6lztfHm.gif]

Hockey Related:
[Image: Sexy-Pictures-Henrik-Lundqvist.gif]

Selena Gomez, hotter and more talented IMO.

**** Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0003.gif

Hell. Yes.

Appreciate all the great replies. Bumping for draft day!

Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite