Create Account

Cam's 2012 Draft Rankings: May

Athanasiou Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@May 20 2012, 06:35 PM
anyway Olli Maatta can fall to the Bruins at 24?

I doubt it. It is possible tho.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@May 20 2012, 08:35 PM
I honestly think Murray is the second best player in this draft behind Yakupov. 

Also think you have Teravainen too high, whats your reason for him at 6?  Not trying to argue you or anything, just curious!.  Overall a really solid list though.

My explanation for Teravainen's ranking is on the first page

Quote:Originally posted by Obsidian311@May 20 2012, 08:40 PM
Pouliot at 26??!?
What about it?

Quote:Originally posted by RedGibby@May 20 2012, 08:44 PM
Athanasiou  Wink

I don't like him that much. Unreal skater though.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 20 2012, 10:05 PM

I don't like him that much. Unreal skater though.
Great skill...not so good work ethic and attitude though

Quote:Originally posted by RedGibby@May 20 2012, 09:30 PM

Great skill...not so good work ethic and attitude though
Ya Athanasiou is sick. A big, skilled forward and he has a nice defensive game.

And its rumored that the KHL is trying for Grig's rights, which is a big turn off. Streaky, not the greatest work ethic, along with the chance of him signing with the KHL? Naaaw.

Quote:Originally posted by WiTzzEL@May 20 2012, 10:06 PM

Ya Athanasiou is sick.  A big, skilled forward and he has a nice defensive game.

And its rumored that the KHL is trying for Grig's rights, which is a big turn off.  Streaky, not the greatest work ethic, along with the chance of him signing with the KHL?  Naaaw.

He won't. He didn't come over to Canada And learn a new language, culture, style of game and all of that just so he could go and play in the KHL. The work ethic questions are valid but are blown way out of proportion because of his play when he was playing through his ankle injury and mono.

I had to flip a coin for the number two spot here. I went with forsberg because of his intangibles.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 21 2012, 10:19 AM

He won't. He didn't come over to Canada And learn a new language, culture, style of game and all of that just so he could go and play in the KHL. The work ethic questions are valid but are blown way out of proportion because of his play when he was playing through his ankle injury and mono.

I had to flip a coin for the number two spot here. I went with forsberg because of his intangibles.
Or cause you think the Leafs could get him Wink

Quote:Originally posted by RedGibby@May 21 2012, 09:26 AM

Or cause you think the Leafs could get him Wink

Grigorenko is probably more likely to fall to the leafs than Forsberg. I hope the leafs trade up for Filip or stay pat and be smart enough to take Grigorenko.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 21 2012, 09:56 AM

Grigorenko is probably more likely to fall to the leafs than Forsberg. I hope the leafs trade up for Filip or stay pat and be smart enough to take Grigorenko.
Yeahthat

I know Montreal won't take Grigorenko. It's either Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 20 2012, 07:03 PM

What about it?

Way too low

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@May 21 2012, 09:19 AM

Still a lot of risks and hes Russian. Id take Fosrberg over anyone in this draft except Yakupov, i really don't like Grig but hes still a beast and id be ok if we got him. Better options that i hope Burke takes (trading up).

Quote:Originally posted by Obsidian311@May 21 2012, 10:20 AM

Way too low

I probably have him higher on my list than most other scouts. I like him and he was really hard to place. I would actually agree I have him a bit low but not by much. It was difficult after number 20.

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@May 21 2012, 10:10 AM

Yeahthat

I know Montreal won't take Grigorenko. It's either Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

I don't know why Montreal fans are so certain they will not take Grigorenko. It's not like their head scout or GM came out and said anything. That would be stupid if they did too. Habs fans are a weird breed for the most part.