Create Account

Portland punishment

Well time to get to the other side of the story seeing as HO failed miserably and made a decision on bias and not all the facts. Regardless of who you talk to, both sides of a story must be represented.

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Aug 11 2017, 04:17 AM
Well time to get to the other side of the story seeing as HO failed miserably and made a decision on bias and not all the facts. Regardless of who you talk to, both sides of a story must be represented.

Popcorn

+5 Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Aug 11 2017, 05:17 AM
Ah so the fake news got ya but hey on the impressive side I made a crazy thread and didn't get banned.

Seriously though I would like to hear the "real story" because it should give me some entertainment since I can't sleep with this toothache.

Need a sig :-/

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Aug 11 2017, 04:17 AM

This is my favourite part, when the offender offers up his excuses for breaking the law and blames everyone but himself.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Damn, and again its Portland. Just this time GCool isnt involved

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Aug 11 2017, 03:25 AM

This is my favourite part, when the offender offers up his excuses for breaking the law and blames everyone but himself.

Excuses? Blaming? No I took fault.

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Aug 11 2017, 04:31 AM

Excuses? Blaming? No I took fault.

So what tf are you bitching about then

[Image: d06fed40e4b79fa171130becbb3fdb412b4a0ecf...fcc11e.jpg]

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

[Image: bring-out-yer-dead-monty-python-gif.gif]

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

This is by far the most severe penalty ever handed down in the history of the league. Just half of this punishment would still be considered extreme.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

I feel the draft picks part of this punishment is excessive.

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Aug 11 2017, 03:31 AM
Never did we expect to see a team get punished for something similar to the events that we've seen recently the past few days in the SHL. Unfortunately said events have happened and we have to deliver the bad news.

The Portland Admirals General Managers Wally and Tweedledunn have been found with cap circumvention in order to gain a competitive edge.

On August 3rd, the Admiral GMs signed 5 of their draftees to matching 3 million dollar deals. A few days later when their budget was posted by Tweedle, it was shown that 4 of those 5 players were only paid 2.5 million. 500k less than the original amount. Portland later traded one of those players to Los Angeles and later signed Zalleras Schlerchek to a 1 year contract.

During these events it was found that Portland were deliberately trying to cut costs when one of their draftees came forward and revealed that they were never asked about taking a cut in their contract. Portland were also found misrepresenting the value of the contract for one of their players to Los Angeles, as well they lied to the budget director claiming that the contract numbers were an accident and not deliberately adjusted down. Portland then used the illegal cap space to sign Szlerchek. Lastly when reacting to the events that happened, Co-GM Tweedledunn showed no remorse for his actions and instead laughed at the situation and decided to make a podcast where he attempted to circumvent cap again by donating the money earned from the podcast to the rookies affected.

Unlike punishments such as tampering where there is a set precedent for the severity of the offense, there is no set punishment for an offense such as cap circumvention. This is very much a first of its kind and Portland will have to be punished unfortunately.

[b]Punishment (Voting 4-3 in favor of this punishment)

All rookies affected will have their contracts adjusted to the proper amounts
Szlerchek signing void
LAP gets $500k cap space from POR
Tweedledunn fired as Co-GM, unable to hold a management position for 3 seasons
Cap docked $5M for 3 seasons
Portland loses their next three own owned 1st round picks (S40 1st, S41 1st, S42 1st)
Both GMs players suspended for a full season[/b]

Ohh shit. :o

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Sorator+Aug 11 2017, 02:54 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sorator @ Aug 11 2017, 02:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
"We 'accidentally' circumvented the cap - let's make a joke podcast about it and try to circumvent the cap more!"

Was that your line of thought, there, or...?[/b]

That's... not what I said... but I'll make an attempt at a response here sure - I was standing in the grocery store trying to decide which flavor of kombucha to add to my basket when I had an idea along the lines of "it'd be funny to do a reaction podcast to this ridiculous thunderdome and then as a cherry on top attempt to pay out to the rookies who we so rudely were jipping out of their hard earned money" ... then I grabbed pomegranate.

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Aug 11 2017, 02:41 AM<br />
Seems about right.

In the future, I will attempt to be more remorseful to comments like these in the thunderdome :lol: the seemingly bleak future I/Otto has haha (see formx's comment below ha)

<!--QuoteBegin-formx@Aug 9 2017, 04:10 PM

You do realize your team is gonna get fucked in the ass right? All your retarded bitch ass is good for is posting stupid ass gifs.
[/quote]

---

In regards to the contract info I posted, Wally reached out and asked if I had time/wanted to help post up some information. I did have the time and did want to help, so I posted on behalf of management. I never got the vibe Wally ever tried or was trying to circumvent or resolve our cap issue once he realized we were short in a dishonest way at any time, nor would I believe he would ever try. We're talking about a guy who's been nominated for gm of the year 2 years in a row here...

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Portland needs to relocate and rebrand. There is no saving face anymore.

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Aug 11 2017, 05:32 AM
Portland needs to relocate and rebrand. There is no saving face anymore.
You need to vote in the HoF, sir.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]