Goalie problems

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Aug 24 2017, 07:28 AM

Results:

Robert Andersson (MIN) 26 - 0.894
Michael McFadden (SEA) 31 - 0.891
Timo Haas (LAP) 34 - 0.891
Mikke Laukkanen (NEW) 39 - 0.889
Jason Aittokallio (MAN) 33 - 0.889

Leading Scorer - 97 Points (50 Goals in 50 Games)
That is a bit much.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Aug 24 2017, 02:21 PM

Again... if I have 40 points in a season, but everyone else has 30... I've absolutely scorched the league, and I'm pretty damn happy.

It's all league relative.  At least, that's how I see it.

Well, a lot of people don't ;P

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Aug 24 2017, 09:56 AM
Well, a lot of people don't ;P
They should join GOMHL, where we have 80 games, so they can rack up huge numbers, tbh. Wink

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Aug 24 2017, 10:10 AM

They should join GOMHL, where we have 80 games, so they can rack up huge numbers, tbh. Wink

OR you could just not try to change this league?

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Deplorable@Aug 24 2017, 10:16 AM
OR you could just not try to change this league?
What am I trying to change in this league? I think skater and tendy numbers are fine- it is what it is. Maybe that was more of a general statement than at me directly.

Goalies have a different update scale?
That's dumb

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Aug 24 2017, 09:23 AM
Goalies have a different update scale?
That's dumb

That we update at all is really the big thing. Not necessary at all.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by InciteHysteria@Aug 24 2017, 10:25 AM

That we update at all is really the big thing. Not necessary at all.
Cry about it

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Aug 24 2017, 09:26 AM

Cry about it

I will, but thanks for your permission.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Aug 24 2017, 05:10 PM

The thing with this thread is not that the numbers are bad though, but that goalies are random

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Aug 24 2017, 06:52 AM

I personally never understood that, because as long as you are doing better than the other goalies do you really mind if your save percentage was in the .800s?

Exactly.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 24 2017, 12:40 PM

Exactly.

But were talking about how a 500 TPE player can have a pretty strong build and an 800 TPE player is basically on par with a 1600 tpe player because it takes so little TPE to get your main attributes in the 90s.

Not stats, im happy with my stats. What bothers me is the 150 tpe in the bank, and Wongs build being nearly as good as mine despite having half my TPE 😂

So ya'll want a tougher scale for goal tenders? So they can't have the main stats maxed at 700 TPE, so it creates some stratification of players?

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Aug 24 2017, 03:37 PM
So ya'll want a tougher scale for goal tenders?  So they can't have the main stats maxed at 700 TPE, so it creates some stratification of players?

Correct

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Aug 24 2017, 02:15 PM

But were talking about how a 500 TPE player can have a pretty strong build and an 800 TPE player is basically on par with a 1600 tpe player because it takes so little TPE to get your main attributes in the 90s.

Not stats, im happy with my stats. What bothers me is the 150 tpe in the bank, and Wongs build being nearly as good as mine despite having half my TPE 😂

Poor Wongy, finally puts together a stellar season, gets some luck and people want a goalie scale change. Let him have this lol.

But all kidding aside, I wouldn't say Wongy's build is on par with a 1600tpe player. He has 4 categories at 85, where you have them at 95. He has nothing at 99, where you have three at 99. He also has PS and PH at 50, which is a choice he made so he can have the others higher. Sure he is putting together a strong season because he's following the plan of secondaries around the same level, primaries around the same level and our team is solid plus we've gotten some luck. He has great stats this year, but could easily have gotten boned at the start of the season and had a GAA above 3.00. Which has happened a lot, even when he was 1300tpe. The sim will always do that, regardless of tpe and build.

Again, I get it, but it's not the norm for goalies to have 1600tpe. An 800tpe player is someone who's worked hard and deserves to see solid numbers. We shouldn't make scale changes based on how it effects 1400-1600tpe goalies because those are not the norm in the league. Making it harder for a normal or casual player to have an effective goalie will only make it less likely and fun for someone to create a goalie imo. Only the super active tpe maniacs will create goalies.

If we start making 700-800tpe goalies not capable of starting for an SHL team, we won't be helping the position imo. People will lose interest because they will never be good enough to start.

In reality an SHL starter should be able to put together a solid season at 800-1000 tpe, which is about what we see now. Yeah the difference in performance is not that big with 1600tpe players, but it never will be because of the randomness of the sim.

My back up Richard C Hocolate is a good example, a casual active player who's been working consistently since we drafted him in S29. That's 8 seasons, 9 including juniors that he's been working on his goalie. He's finally around 800tpe and capable of being a decent SHL starter. An update scale would never allow active casual players like this to reach starter level in the SHL. Which means only the highest tpe earners would be able to make goalies if we had an update scale change.

I think the only thing a scale change would do, is help the highest of tpe goalies use more of their tpe. It would not change anything in goalie performance imo and would negatively effect the people creating goalies and the time it took to make a capable SHL starter.

Also I think McFadden should just stop earning tpe, spend the training money on chicken parms and dates with the league's hottest ice girls. Wink

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite