Create Account

S36 Championship Week

Place holder

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.
Through 2 series both teams have dominated as the Renegades are 8-2 coming in to the Challenge Cup finals and the Wolfpack are 8-4. Looking through the different statistics for both teams in these playoffs, there is very little to suggest one team is "better" than the other in any particular category, but when using the S36 regular season (for a larger sample size) we can see the Texas Renegades lead the New England Wolfpack in multiple categories including GF/GA, PP+PK, SF/SA, FO% and Pim/GP, albeit not by much. Is this a west vs. east thing? Possibly, but from a statistical stand point I feel the edge goes to the Texas Renegades. At the end of the day stats are just that, stats, so it's up to the Renegades as a unit to go out there and continue to do what they've done all season and that is play sound, confident hockey.

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.
[Image: DdMSUqf.jpg]

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.
[Image: pCm5pY0.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.
[Image: E3O5Bt3.jpg]

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

TASK ONE:
Jonathan Lundberg Trevor Wilson Theo Kane 0 1 4
Kian Hamilton Kyle Kylrad Jed Lloren 0 1 4
Samee Iqbal Cory Knouse Mercer Church 0 1 4
Kian Hamilton Cory Knouse Teemu Sirius 0 1 4

Ryan Vas Caelan Fearghal 1-2-2
Viatcheslav Orlov Ty Justice 1-2-2
Tommy Salami Alex Reed 1-2-2
Ty Justice Viatcheslav Orlov 1-2-2

The Seattle Riot have a solid team of players. Their top 6 forwards are extremely good. I would have all the forward lines playing a 0-1-4 strategy. Lundberg/Wilson/Kane played pretty well together which would stay the same. I would have maybe given them more ice time, like 40% because they are an elite line. I would put Kian Hamilton on the second and fourth lines, instead of Samee Iqbal because although Samee is good, he is not that good. Hamilton would be better suited for the second line, whereas Samee is mediocre at best. On defense, I would change all their strategies to 1-2-2. Because I think that is the best strategy for defenseman. I also changed Orlov and Fearghal around. The Seattle top 4 are pretty solid, and switching them might benefit both players. I would probably also change the fact that Lundberg/Wilson/Kane were separated on the powerplay. The three have chemistry and probably be better suited to play with each other during the powerplay as well.
Code:
168 Words

TASK TWO:
My choice for unsung hero of the S36 playoffs is Liam Kinsler from the Texas Renegades. The old man has been playing in the SHL for awhile and the Renegades have been using him as motivation for their run. Although, Kinsler barely plays any minutes, he is still apart of the team. Kinsler has 3 points in these playoffs in 10 games. He also averages 1 minute per game, which is pretty incredible he has 3 points. His 1 goal these playoffs was also a game winning goal. The old man still has some game left in him, but he cannot play at the rate he used to. So, The Renegades usage of him these playoffs have been really good. He has come out in key moments to help his team when his teammates are exhausted. The fact he has put up 3 points in 10 games is impressive. Kisnler and his team are playing in the final which Kinsler will look to come up clutch again.
Code:
167 Words

TASK THREE:
I think Texas has the edge in the series. The Texas Renegades are in my opinion the deepest team in the SHL. They are 3 lines deep and their 3rd line is really impressive. Beau and Vasily Horvat have both been producing points for the Renegades on the third line. The Renegades Defense is also been pretty good these playoffs and I think they play a better system and strategy than the Wolfpack do. Also looking at the momentum the Renegades have, after going down 2-0 to the Winnipeg Jets, they stormed back to win four straight games. Then after a tough test against Visser and the Jets, they swept the Calgary Dragons who have been the Renegades nemesis for the last few seasons. The Renegades have been unstoppable since their losses to the Jets. Between the depth, defense and momentum the Renegades have the edge leading into the series. The Renegades are also up in the series which is proving the point that they are really good.
Code:
168 Words

TASK FOUR:

The Texas Renegades and the New England Wolfpack decided to head down to the local Boys and Girls Club in both Dallas and Boston. The three Rengades that attended the event were Forwards Geoffrey Allen, Beau Bent and Zanarkand Abes. From New England defenseman Mia Landvik, Forwards Manino Makinen and Spitfire attended the event. The purpose of this event was to promote and celebrate the Boys and Girls Clubs of America while also doing some fundraising. They participated in a Pie Eating Contest which the kids enjoyed cheering on their favorite SHL players! The contest was to see who could eat 5 apple pies the fastest. The contest was won by Geoffrey Allen, while the rest of the participants did not finish and began throwing up after it was over. The event raised a five hundred thousand dollars for the Boys and Girls Clubs in both cities which will help provide meals and activities for the children who attend the clubs.
Code:
161 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

The Texas Renegades have the edge over the New England Wolfpack solely thanks to Vasily Horvat, a legendary Kelowna Knights alumni that will singlehandedly knock over every single member of the Wolfpack. Mia Landvik who? Horvat is most definitely the biggest factor in the Renegades' triumph: he eats a steady diet of french toast, for one, as he is well-educated in the benefits of eating enough breakfast food. Although the Wolfpack has its fair share of Knights alumni as well, including alternate captain Dieter Dominique, who always provides waffles, captain Mia Landvik, and goalie Mikke Laukkanen, Horvat isn't about to let friendship and past relationships get in his way, whereas the Wolfpack are legendarily soft and believe in the magic of friendship. Not so magical when you're getting creamed into the boards, is it? Horvat is the Renegades' secret weapon, no doubt, and the Wolfpack won't be ready for him whatsoever.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

The New England Wolfpack and Texas Renegades are doing something nobody ever thought they would this postseason: working together on a charity project. Oh, and facing off against each other in the Challenge Cup finals, but that's just incidental.

The two teams will be hosting two blood drives for the American Red Cross, one in Boston, MA, and one in Dallas, TX. In attendance at both events will be a variety of players from each team, including but not limited to New England's Mia Landvik, Patrikov Bure, and Xander Green, and Texas' Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen, and Georgette Pel.

In between handing out cookies and juice to people donating blood at the events, the players will take part in shootout challenges with attendees, in which the guests can choose whether to play goaltender or shooter in a mock shootout with a player of their choice. Ten times cooler than a computer simulation, so come on down and get your blood taken, folks.

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: Nm0YcEW.png]

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: BsT93Dx.png]

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

[Image: SjsHKwW.jpg]

[Image: LRlLE5E.jpg]

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

[Image: RvC6D84.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: qAZ7odJ.jpg]

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Task One:

5 vs 5 Defense
Defense Defense Time % Phy DF OF
1 Cynthia Taylor Chris Crutchfield 35 1 3 1
2 Zander Rhys Marc-Andre Malkin 35 1 3 1

3 Kristoffer Ruud Chris Crutchfield 15 1 4 0
4 Cynthia Taylor Marc-Andre Malkin 15 1 3 1

Toronto had one of, if not the best defensive squads in the league, but I think they failed to make full use of the gifts they had. Line chemistry may have played a part here, but having Chris Crutchfield on the 2nd pair was a mistake in my opinion, so I moved him to the top pair. It really felt like Crutchfield was being relied on to chew up a lot of minutes, but wasn’t being given enough freedom to create plays like he normally does. I adjusted the time% to spread the extra duties around more, and try to conserve some energy for Crutch to work his magic. Malkin taking a turn with Taylor also made sense to me because Taylor is such a consistent defender that she makes offensive minded defenders even better. I also played around with the strategies because it seems the North Stars could use a little more offense from the backend that they weren’t getting.

Task Two:

Tim Buckner is my choice for unsung hero of the playoffs so far. Buckner always shows up in the playoffs, and this season has been no different. While Patrikov Bure leads the team in scoring, Buckner has put together a nice 8 point run through the first two rounds, and continues to throw his body around like a wrecking ball. Heading into the finals, Buckner had dished out 51 hits along the way, and managed to avoid the penalty box relatively well considering. He has a +4 rating, and 38 shots as well, but his shooting percentage is an awful 5.26%. We know that percentage won’t last long, and surely during some double OT game we will see Buckner bump that number up. Buckner has also been know to bring the energy up when he gets out there flying, and the boys in the locker room praise his leadership. If New England brings home another Challenge Cup this season, then you can bet Tim Buckner will have a significant role in the victory.

Task Three:

Going into the Challenge Cup Finals I think the edge goes to New England. The Wolfpack have a strong offensive game, with many dangerous weapons, and they can attack in many different ways. The diversity of their threats will give them an edge; however, the Renegades have a more balanced attack, and their defense has proven to be formidable in this postseason. If Texas can manage to smother the Wolfpack’s offense, then they may be able to wear them down quickly in the series and put them on their heels. The biggest factor in giving NEW the edge here is that they ooze experience in these situations. Down by one, two, or even three games in the series won’t phaze this squad, and they will be pushing through any adversity they face. Been there, done that doesn’t begin to explain how dominant the New England franchise has been over the past 10 seasons, and there’s no way you can count them out at any point before Texas takes their 4th win.

Task Four:

The SHL hosted a charity event for the Toronto Children’s Hospital ahead of Game 3 of the first round series between Toronto and New England. With appearances from Jasper Clayton, Raven Silverwing, Roman Morenov, Damien Wert, Reed Laing, and Chris York the event was an absolute hit. The highlight of the night was the doubles air hockey tournament, where each SHL player would team up with a child in attendance. Reed Laing and her partner Jessica took home the championship, and everyone had a lot of fun. Thanks to the generous donations of both organizations, and all of the people in attendance the event raised $30,000 for the hospital to buy new equipment. The playoff rivalry between New England and Toronto was on pause for an evening, but the teams went toe-to-toe the very next night. Discussions have begun to make this a tradition when the two teams meet in the playoffs, and if recent history is any indication that will happen a lot.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

The Calgary Dragons got swept in the second round by Texas. Did I expect Texas to win? Yes. But I think that the Dragons definitely could have given the Renegades more of a challenge, which could have been done by shaking up the lines a bit. Here is what I would do...

Randy Randleman - Joe Kurczewski - Schnitinfritz Jagr
Shane Gagner - Esa Anrikkanen - Nicholas Pedersen
Alex Mack - Joe Kurczewksi - Pierre-Luc Laflamme
Alex Mack - Randy Randleman - Shane Gagner

Michael Boychuk - Hunky Monkey
Connor O'Reilly - Fernando Pergher
Michael Boychuk - Chuck Goody Jr.
Connor O'Reilly - Hunky Monkey

So, I think the Dragons went a bit too one dimensional with their strategies. Sure, they do lack quality depth and I see the logic behind the lines they went with. But they could have done a much better job of mixing up personnel and attacking the Renegades with different looks with the personnel they have, potentially preventing the Renegades from doing such a good job at outplaying them. Roll the first forward line as a checking/defensive line, second as more of an offensive firepower line, third as a not too offensive not too defensive line, and fourth line as a checking attacking line. I think the goal would also be to play these lines fairly evenly to throw various looks at their opponents.

The defense, on the other hand, I would use a more reactionary approach to the greater talent and depth at forward and mix up the talent as much as possible and avoid putting weaker players like Goody and Pergher out there too much. I think this would be the best way to quell the Raiders' offensive attack by playing to the Dragons' strengths.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The unsung hero of the S36 playoffs would have to be Texas Renegades forward Zanarkand Abes. The third line forward has received less than 14 minutes per game in the playoffs after a disappointing regular season in which his line was the clear weak link of an otherwise strong Renegades team, finishing the season with just thirteen points and an abysmal -13 rating, worst on the team. Going into the playoffs, many wondered in Abes' line would be the weak link for Texas that would prevent them from finally taking home the Challenge Cup.

However, Abes and the Texas third line has far exceeded expectations and is a huge reason why the Renegades have now won ten games in a row. Despite limited playing time, he has scored three goals and four assists for his team in just ten games, leading the way for a third line that has provided the team with much needed fresh legs. With 1.02 points per 20 seasons, Abes is peaking at the right time for the Renegades and putting to rest the belief that the third line would be the team's Achille's heel.

Texas definitely has the edge in this series. Not only have they entered the series on an eight game win streak but they, overall, have the better team. Their regular season performance was better as they finished with the better record, better scoring offense, and better scoring defense. With a bit more depth than their opponents, the Texas Renegades should come out of this series on top. With one of the strongest groups of defensemen in the SHL, the Renegades have what it takes to shut down any group of forwards in the league.

However, all hope certainly should not be lost for the Wolfpack. While they may not quite have the quality of skaters the Renegades boast, what they do have is one of the best goaltenders in the league in Mikke Laukkanen. Laukkanen, while a solid performer in the regular season, has been absolutely lights out for the Wolfpack in this post-season. Despite consistently being outshot, he has not only kept New England in games but has flat out stolen games for his team and is, perhaps, the biggest reason why the Wolfpack find themselves back in the Challenge Cup Finals. His .931 save percentage is ridiculous and, if it can be maintained, sets the Wolfpack up nicely to win another cup.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

The Minnesota Chiefs and Buffalo Stampede held a charity event for Skate For Kids. In this event, some of the team's players held a camp where they helped children learn to skate and play hockey, providing children who are unable to afford equipment the chance to learn how to play hockey. This was touted as a big event for both franchises as both Buffalo and Minneapolis are big hockey towns where many children grow up hoping to play in the SHL. Camp participants were split by their skill levels, some never even having stepped on the ice before while others even had experience skating and playing pond hockey.

After a successful week, the camp participants held a scrimmage - Minnesota versus Buffalo. Each team was comprised of three members of the respective franchise and some of the best campers from each location. For Minnesota, Alonzo Garbanzo, Lord Pretty Flacko, and Terrance Nova were the player coaches while VLAD McZehrl, Eduard Selich, and Brynar Tusk repped the Stampede. All was going well for a while - the campers were having a great time and fully enjoying the experience. But all of a sudden, there was unintelligible shouting. Sure enough, McZehrl and Tusk were in a full on argument, McZ angry because he wasn't getting enough playing time. This devolved in a full on bench clearing fight with McZ throwing a cheapshot punch at Tusk as he skated away. Tusk collapsed to the ground and the rest of the camp leaders rushed over and grabbed McZ. They carried him off the ice, into the player locker room, and beat him to a pulp before continuing the scrimmage and leading a successful camp. McZ has not been heard of since.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.
Seattle
Wilson-Lundberg-Kane
Lloren-Hamilton-Knouse
Kylrad-Iqbal-Reed
Kane-Iqbal-Church
Reasons: Pretty much just went in order of points. They've got the 1st line right with Wilson, Lundberg, and Kane. Lloren is currently on the 2nd line, but so is Kylrad and Iqbal. I just switched them with Knouse and Hamilton. Lloren and Hamilton can be the goal scorers and Knouse can be the playmaker. Hamilton has 4 more points than Iqbal who is currently the #2 center. I guess it makes sense to play the younger player who you're trying to keep happy so they stay with the team more, but not if they're putting out their best effort at winning. Third line I switched everyone up. Instead of Knouse-Hamilton-Church, it's Kylrad-Iqbal-Reed. Kylrad can carry the big weight offensively, while maybe sparking Iqbal a bit. 4th line is Kane-Iqbal-Church instead of Knouse-Hamilton-Sirius. Just finishing up adding some ice time for the guys I previously switched out. I think this would help Seattle do a bit more offensively which maybe would have been enough to win the series against Calgary.
Code:
169 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
Terrance Nova is my choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs thus far. Yes, Minnesota is eliminated, but through the first 13 games for the Chiefs he had the second most points in the league with fourteen. He also had the most goals (nine). Nova gets a decent amount of attention, but not the amount he deserves. He's playing on Minnesota's 2nd line as the moment. He's also tied for the league lead with 2 game winning goals, which is huge in the playoffs. He also had the second best plus/minus on Minnesota and the second least penalty minutes (not including those who had zero). He also lead the Chiefs in shots on goal. For those reasons, I believe Nova was a huge part of why Minnesota made it to round 2 and why they did as well as they did, and also why they'll continue to do well next season.
Code:
151 words

This is a tough one. Texas is a very good team and they showed that by upsetting Calgary to get to the finals. They've got a great team who always puts up a good fight and this series won't be any different. I still think New England will win however. Through twelve games, they have three players who have over a point per game and five players who have double-digit point totals. Laukkanen is a great goaltender who will give Texas a tough time. And of course, one of those players with over a point per game is Toivo Kosonen. I always mention him when I'm talking about New England because he's just that good. In twelve games he had one goal and twelve assists for thirteen points. He was also a plus ten, took ZERO penalties, has twenty four shots and eighteen shots blocked. He's also a huge minute eater as he played an average of twenty four minutes and fifty three seconds per game in those games.
Code:
169 words

[Image: 2VR6tqv.png?1]

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

For playoff lines, I am going to tinker with the lines of the Calgary Dragons. For the first line, I'm putting Randleman in between right winger Anrikkanen and left winger Gagner. All 3 players have elite scoring abilities, and similar defensive skills, with good passing to boot. All 3 of them have 99 Scoring, whereas their Passing are basically all at 90. I think stacking the top line with the most elite scorers will do good things for Calgary. At the moment, the Dragon lines have Pedersen/Randleman/Kurczewski on line 1. On the second line, I would put Alex Mack in between both Nicholas Pedersen and Joe Kurczewski. This move would have Mack's 99 Passing in between Pedersen's 99 Passing, and Kurczewski's 99 Scoring. Putting these 3 on the second line does not sacrifice much, and they still all have good scoring, with the lowest being Alex Mack at 80. I would like to see what happens with these lines, as I think it pushes the offense more so than what we had playing on the ice.

Gagner-Randleman-Anrikkanen
Pedersen-Mack-Kurczewski

I think the unsung hero of these playoffs is none other than Texas Renegades defenseman Lord Vader. Sure, he did not blow anyone away with his offensive capabilities, but he performed very well on the back end for the Rens. He had 11 assists in 16 games, providing a steady output with his outlet passes up the ice. Not only that, but he had 31 shot blocks, which is in the top 3 in that category throughout the playoffs, only 2 less than the leader in the category. He also logged more minutes per game than anyone in the whole post-season, with 460 minutes, and 28.77 minutes per game. To be able to have that kind of steady defense, along with even his 46 hits is something to behold. He did not lead the leaderboards and wow the crowds with any slaps from the point, but he provided great skill in the quieter areas, while still hitting his opponents as well.

[Image: 9LSSoKU.png]

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.
[Image: d6f4Jhr.png]

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

I'm don't want to pretend like I really know anything about the inner workings of STHS because I really don't, but I suppose this is what I would have done to the Seattle Riot lines.

First Line

Jonathan Lundberg - Trevor Wilson - Theo Kane

This is a solid top line. I wouldn't have changed anything in this particular setup. In the first half of the first round they were getting 38 percent ice time, while in the second half of the first round they were bumped down slightly to 35 percent time. I would be more inclined to go with the second setting at 35 percent.

Second Line

Kian Hamilton - Kyle Kylrad - Jed Lloren

This is the 2nd line that was used at the beginning of the first round for the Riot, but then was changed in the second half where Iqbal and Hamilton switched spots. I think Hamilton should have been on this line and leave their playtime in the 30 to 35 percent range. Hamilton is a star and should have continued to have the opportunity to play with studs like Kylrad and Lloren.

Third Line

Samee Iqbal - Cory Knouse - Teemu Sirius

Again this was the line used at the very beginning of the playoffs for the Riot and I believe that it was appropriate.

Fourth Line

Samee Iqbal - Cory Knouse - Mercer Church

Iqbal and Knouse are fully capable of double shifting on the third and fourth lines while rookie Mercer Church gets the opportunity to prove himself in his call up.

All in all, I really believe that Seattle was on the right track early on in the first round, but then they switched Hamilton and Iqbal and that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Just to reiterate my initial point. I don't know shit about STHS, so take this with a grain of salt.

My nominee for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs would have to go to defender from Texas, Winston Windsor. When people are told to think of a star defenseman from the Renegades, I would guess that most people would think of Lord Vader. But at least through the first two rounds of this tournament, Windsor has quietly put himself up in the same tier with the elite defensemen of this league. In just the Renegade's first ten games of these playoffs, Windsor collected ten assists, has twelve points (which is good for third most amongst defensemen and has played less games than Garbanzo and Kosonen), has blocked twenty shots, has a short handed goal, and is tied in game winning goals. Honestly there is a lot to love about Windsor's game and he has absolutely had a huge impact in this tournament. I look forward to seeing what this guy can do against the Wolfpack.

I personally believe that Texas has the edge in this series (and it has nothing to do with the fact that 2 games have been simmed already). Honestly how do you not go with the Western Conference Champions after the completely and totally dismantled the Calgary Dragons, who I considered to be the overwhelming favorites to win the whole thing. I think the biggest reason that the Renegades will triumph over the Wolfpack is that they will get overwhelming production from their stars like Geoffrey Allen and Jack Durden. For them to win against a solid New England squad, that will be absolutely crucial. For New England to win they are going to have to find a way to shut down the scoring of Texas. Mikke Laukkanen has looked strong throughout the playoffs so far, but hasn't played quite as spectacularly in the finals so far and will definitely be a position where the Wolfpack needs to be stronger if they want to pull out the win.

New England: Patrikov Bure, Raven Silverwing, Mikke Laukkenen

Texas: Geoffrey Allen, Jack Durden, Georgette Pel

Considering the recent and devastating hurricanes that have occurred in the southern part of the United States and US territories, the SHL, New England Wolfpack, and Texas Renegades are coming together to play a good old fashioned ball hockey tournament that will feature the aforementioned players as well as celebrities from all around the United States and Canada. The ticket and concession sales will directly go to relief programs for those who have been adversely affected by the string of Hurricanes. We're not simply just talking about the mainland United States either. This charity wants to do everything in their power to help Puerto Rico which was absolutely demolished by Hurricane Maria. This tournament is bound to be a great time so make sure to get your tickets while they are still available. After the game, you will have the opportunity to meet the stars of the teams and buy memorabilia that the proceeds will also be sent to the relief fund.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

[Image: HHMxiVE.png]

[Image: PUuecAj.png]

[Image: 3dLnWnZ.png]

[Image: cnalxEm.png]

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

This is a hard CW Task, because who am I to say how their lines should have been, because they at least made it into the playoffs…however I will give it a shot.

Below is Toronto’s lines and I will explain how I would have changed them.

The first thing is on the top line they have no bona fide passer. Travis is good, but not great when you have him with two elite scorers, so you need to augment that by adding the only great passer you have, Chris Crutchfield, who is on Defence, to the top defensive pairing, instead of the third line. Mark-Andre Malkin is another scorer and Rhys is developing and not really elite in any capacity. To be honest you have the same issue on the second line, so you almost need to double shift Crutch on both the top 2 lines to get some playmaking in the lines. If you added that element perhaps the scorers would score a little more this would relieve some of the pressure that Harter was facing.

In the end, I am not sure they have the same depth as New England had and likely would not have won that series anyway, but this at least would have given them a fighting shot in my opinion.

Code:
5 vs 5 Forward

Center                   Left Wing                Right Wing              
1 Travis Kudleychuk        Chris York               Kristian Eriksson        
2 Evandrus Jesster         Reed Laing               Damien Wert              
3 Dane Rowe                Teddy Kesler             Elias Lindstrom          
4 Evandrus Jesster         Reed Laing               Damien Wert              

5 vs 5 Defense

Defense                        Defense                                          
1 Zander Rhys              Marc-Andre Malkin    - Remove Rhys and add Crutchfield                              
2 Cynthia Taylor           Chris Crutchfield                                
3 Kristoffer Ruud          Chris Crutchfield    - Remove Crutchfield and add Marc Andre Malkin                          
4 Cynthia Taylor               Zander Rhys  

~215 Words

Lukas Johnson from the New England Wolfpack is not a household name, and yet this defender, who only get 17 minutes a night ranked second on the team for defensemen in points with 10 (1 Goal and 9 assists). While some of the other big name players on NEW faded a little in the playoff, Johnson was playing at his prime and deserves to be recognized as one of the best unsung hero’s of the S36 playoffs.

The question might be asked is “Would New England have made it to the SHL Finals with Johnsons performance?” and to that I say no…this is my criteria for an unsung hero.

Now many might jump on the Texas bandwagon and pick a unsung hero, but Zanarkand Abes from Texas, just didn’t stand out as much as Johnson did, because with similar minutes (Abes actually got more), Johnson beats him in points, hits, shot blocks and other stats.

~156 Words

Well its over now and we know who won, Texas (congrats!Wink.

But both teams actually stacked up pretty good with each other, however I did give the edge to Texas.

I gave them the edge because of their defense, which is incredibly deep and has limited shots against Georgette Pel all playoffs long, registering one of the lowest shots against per game in the playoffs (roughly 29 shots per game). Of course, this stat has the opposite effect on save percentage making it look like Pel was mediocre with a .901, while Mikke Laukkanen had an incredible .931 save percentage but you can’t let that stat fool you, as Laukkaneen was standing on his head and though this is great for him and personal stats, but if your facing 10 more shots a night on average, your likely going to lose.

Offensively both team had good offensive players that can put the puck in the net, so this was a draw.

Goalies, as mentioned above Laukkaneen has the edge, but if the regular season is any indication, any goalie can win, so I considered this a rather slight advantage.

Final: Texas in 6 games (I guessed that right? WOW!Wink

~199 words

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity

The SHL 3 on 3 Charity event is a well-known event every playoff, where at random, two teams are selected and three players represent the team from each side to play in a 3 on 3 street hockey tournament with countless other youths in the greater LA area, to promote the SHL and let those that likely can’t attend expensive playoff game tickets meet their SHL hero’s.

The Tournament is called “Play On – 3 on 3”

This year it was the Texas Renegades and the New England Wolfpack that represented the SHL and they named the following players to their 3 on 3 squad. Texas brought Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen and Winston Windsor, while the New England Wolfpack brought Patrikov Bure, Raven Silverwing and Toivo Kosonen.

This charity event consists not only on 3 on 3 hockey games for each team, but also on skills events and at the after party a dance off, where the final awards are given out and the amount raised is presented to the local youth hockey leagues to pay for ice time, hockey equipment and the hiring of coach’s and referees.

~187 Words

Task 1:
Left Wing – Center – Right Wing
Esa Anrikkanen – Randy Randleman – Joe Kurczewski

A combination of young, old and super old. All three of these players have blazing speed which makes it tough for opposing defenders to defend them individually. Put them all together and you’re dealing with a line that can skate by you if you hesitate for a second. With Randleman coming off of a career year and Joe starting to make a name for himself in the SHL, these two could be an amazing combination for years to come. Add in the parm king vet Esa Anrikkanen, you got three players who have a little bit of everything. They can all pass, they can score, and to help Joe develop even more, Esa and Randy can give their knowledge to Joe.

Left Defence – Right Defence
Michael Boychuk – Hunky Monkey

Boychuk has been there for every Dragons cup. He knows what it takes to win on the defensive side. Finishing the season at a +14 and 40 points, there is no doubt this man is the backbone of the Calgary defence. Add in Hunky Monkey, who specializes himself in the defensive zone, and you got a dominant d pairing on both ends of the ice.

Goalie:
Richard C. Hocolate

It’s time for the Dragons to pass the torch, and who better than this man. With amazing hand speed, rebound control and reaction time, this is the goalie of the future for the Dragons.

Task 2:
The unsung hero of these playoffs so far is Goergette Pel. It is extremely difficult for a team to do well in the playoffs with a sub-par performing goaltender. Thankfully for Texas, Pel has been amazing for them. After having dropped the first 2 games in round 1, Pel and the Renegades have come back with 8 straight wins! With a .901 save percentage and 2.87 GAA, these are amazing stats considering the two opponents they have played, one being the offensive juggernaut in the Calgary Dragons. Stopping the likes of Esa, Joe and possible MVP, Randleman, it was no small task to stop these fiery Dragons. But that is exactly what Pel did, he cooled down the fire and ultimately, extinguished it. He stopped the Dragons momentum to a halt, and by far outshined his opposing goaltender in round 2 and veteran Hunter Wong. If the Renegades are going to win the cup (spoiler, they did) Pel will have to continue the way he is playing.

Task 3:
Even with the Renegades winning the last 8 games in a row, I will still have to give the advantage to the New England Wolfpack. It is hard to bet against the New England Wolfpack, a team that simply knows how to win. With the offence being lead by Raven Silverwing, it is obvious where the strength of the Wolfpack is, the backend. With the goaltending being nothing short of exceptional, it certainly makes it easier with Kosonen, Landvik and Clayton being your top 3 defenders in front of you. With Landvik and Clayton being there for the S30 and S31 Challenge Cup runs and Kosonen being there in season 33, these guys knew how to win. In season 33, it was a matchup between 6 of the last 7 cup winners in the Dragons vs Wolfpack. The Wolfpack proved they could stop any offence that season, and it would be foolish to think they can’t do it again.

Task 7:

[Image: SCOlUNQ.png]

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

After reviewing the post-season stats, my unsung hero of the SHL season 36 playoffs is Toivo Kosonen of the New England Wolfpack. The veteran defenseman has had great post season, heading in the finals Mr. Kosonen has racked up 13 points consisting of 1 goal and 13 assists. The 13 points Toivo has scored has him tied for second in total points out of the finals competitors. Which is a bit of a surprise considering that Mr. Kosonen was sixth in scoring for the New England Wolfpack during the regular season. Tiovo is also leading in plus\minus for both finals teams as well. Granted Mr. Kosonen is not the most physical presence in the ice, heading into the finals Toivo has only managed one hit for the Wolfpack while being hit 15 times. Mr. Kosonen play has been a big factor in the Wolfpacks success is post season and his play should be a considerable factor in the finals. Taking all the information in to account makes Toivo Kosonen my choice for the unsung hero of the SHL Season 36 playoffs.

Words~181

Out of the teams heading into the SHL season 36 finals, I believe that the New England Wolfpack have the edge. I am basing this decision off the recent SHL history. The New England Wolfpack has won half of all challenge cups won between Seasons 30 through 35. This stat highlights the consistency that this franchise has had over the past several seasons. Granted the Texas Renegades have looked strong and they are having one amazing post season having eliminated the Winnipeg Jets in six games in the first round and sweeping the Calgary Dragons in the second. With Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen, Winston Windsor and Adam Falk all have great playoff performances, averaging a point or more per game. However, I have to go with New England; I was writing them off as dead when they began moving players from their rooster. Although it now appears that, they were fine-tuning their rooster for the playoffs. So based off their midseason rooster changes, which work out wonderfully for them, and Wolfpack’s recent history of winning championships give them the edge heading into the finals in my mind.

Words~187

When the SHL began promoting their Charity Date Auction for “The Big Manius Home for Wayward Girls” (as discussed in Season 35 PT1). The SHL was really hoping to get some big names such as Theo Kane, Timo Haas, Alonzo Garbanzo or they were at least hoping for some good-looking players like Alex Mack or Big Manius himself. Instead of that; the first inaugural Big Manius Home for Wayward Girls SHL season 35 Finals Charity Date Auction had the likes of Lord Vader (he should be a fun date), Oskar Molmsten Jr. (who?), Rick James (who could at least be an interesting date but who is going to pay for it), Spitfire (yes the man one name), and Deiter Dominique (because what girl does not want to date a Dieter). In addition, rounding out this group was Tim Buckner. Tim Buckner a man whose name screams blandness. As part of the Auction, the players were required to perform three different tasks. The first being a reading from their favorite novel which had more than a few people talking after Rick James passage out of “How to pick up trashy women”. Another task required by the players was the swimsuit competition, which made Lord Vader the talk of the room as he sported his helmet and a pair of swim trunks, which just highlighted his paleness and numerous burn scars. In the end, though the charity did earn some money and established a new SHL tradition.

Words~240ish

[Image: spit2.png]

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius