Create Account

S36 Championship Week

Task Three:
I Think Texas has the edge in this series. They have simple built a fantastic team. They don’t have anybody that stands out as a major superstar however they have incredible depth. With three players who had over 50 points in the Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen, and Conklin Owen all got above 50 points. As well as, two more players with over 45 points. New England has been a fairly dominate team for a few seasons now but I just don’t see them being able to defeat Texas. Through the first two series Texas has four players at or above one point a season. That is incredible. Everybody else is still racking up points consistently. Georgette Pel has had an incredible performance in net for Texas too. With only two losses and a .901 save percentage he really has been a brick wall. I think Texas has the edge in this series.

Task five:
[Image: dBjnXBA.jpg?1]

Task Six:
[Image: Fui8UJo.png]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Task 2: One of the unsung heroes in the SHL Playoffs has to be Adam Kaiser for Texas. Kaiser is having a relatively good playoffs on that backend for the Renegades. In 10 games he has put up 2 goals and 6 assists. The defenseman has racked up 26 hits during the Playoffs being fourth on the team. Playing the second lowest amount of minutes for a defenseman for the Renegades he has done a very good job to be effective when his chances have risen with his 2 goals coming both on the power play. Though he is not a top pairing defenseman he has played well enough to gain trust from the Texas coaches. Kaiser is a good model of what Texas have been trying to build on, with growing their depth and not heavily relying on their top lines. With the finals coming shortly I would keep an eye on Kaiser and his consistent play to push Texas over their opponents.

Task 3: With the Finals underway all eyes are on these two teams. The firepower of both New England and Texas will be watched with eyes of glitter as their team is now in one step closer to winning the Ultimus Cup. Though both these teams have battled hard to get here only one can go home as a winner and the team that has the advantage has to be New England. One of the major pieces for New England is their goaltender Mikke Laukkanen. In 12 games so far in the postseason he has an outstanding .931 save percentage and a 2.23 Goals Against Average. He has been phenomenal for the Wolfpack. Laukkanen has been cool, calm, and collected in the crease and has been able to see and stop most shots that have come his way. It's been an impressive show he has put on so far and main reason why the Wolfpack are in the finals. Watch for Laukkanen to be once again a difference maker in the finals.

Task 6: [Image: iWbMLng.jpg]

Task 7: [Image: EagweFr.jpg]

[Image: vikian.gif]

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

Its very simple. If I were the coach of the Calgary Dragons, I would’ve made the switch in net from an ineffective Hunter Wong to our goalie of the future in Richard C. Hocolate. Granted, I don’t know how Hocolate would have faired, but recent SHL history has shown us that a different player between the pipes can do wonders for a team. In games 1-3 against Texas, Wong was a paltry 0-3 with only an 84% save percentage with a 4.67 Goals Allowed Average. There is no way that that gets you a Challenge Cup in the SHL, much less a win in these playoffs. Wong wasn’t too great against Seattle too, so it really seemed like a change in goal was just what the Dragons needed. Esa definitely tweaked the lines to get Calgary shooting more and starting to play much better after the first two games, but with no help in goal, they were swept.
(158)

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

He’s not getting the notoriety that some of his teammates are on the their killer run so far, but Texas Renegades defenseman Lord Vader is my pick for the ‘unsung hero’ of the playoffs so far. The Texas Defense as a whole is getting rave reviews as they have done an amazing job at shutting down offensive juggernauts in Winnipeg and Calgary, each team with a player in the Top 2 in scoring this season. Winston Windsor is getting some individual accolades as well, but its Vader who’s been amazing. He’s rocking a plus 5, while adding 8 assists in 10 games along the way. He’s been a shot blocking monster, as he’s put his body in front of 20 shots so far. Lord Vader is also hitting everything that moves, as he’s registered 32 hits so far. As the New England Wolfpack come to town to face off in the finals, it’ll be Vader that’s looked to to tame the pack.
(162)

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

What a difficult question to answer. When it comes down to it, This is a crazy even matchup on paper. Both teams are playing amazing hockey right now. While Texas has relied heavily on their top few forwards, I think New England has more depth in their forward lines. When it comes down to the defensive side of things, I think Texas has the better defense core, though not by much. While Laukkanen has been amazing in goal for years now, Pel is playing like a psychopath and has been just as good, if not better. So who wins? I have no idea. Honestly, this whole series is going to come down to who wins the matchup between the New England Offense versus the Texas Defense. Texas will score a few goals, but how many will New England score? If they solve the Renegades defensive puzzle, they’ll win the series. But if not? They’ll end up like the Jets and the Dragons
(162)

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

The SHL, in partnership with “Henry’s Handshakes”, a charity that promotes youth hockey and sportsmanship in lower income communitites, is announcing a fundraising event the day before Game 1 of the Challenge Cup finals. Players from the Renegades and the Wolfpack will play a charity street hockey game where local children from the community will get to play alongside their favorite stars. Representing the Renegades will be Conklin Owen, Geoffrey Allen, and Adam Kaiser as they take on the trio of Patrikov Bure, Jasper Clayton, and Brett Kennedy. The players will host a small skills clinic before playing a short, 15 minute game, followed by an autograph session for each child. There will be drink on hand, and the child that shows the most sportsmanship during his session will receive 4 tickets to Game One of the SHL Finals! So come on down to the plaza in front of the arena and play tomorrow!
(154)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

The Calgary Dragons exited the playoffs after a disappointing Round 2 sweep by the hands of the Texas Renegades. If I was their coach I would probably have made quite a few line changes to their forward lines to make the series more competitive!

My top forward line would be centered by Nicholas Pederson – Randy Randleman – Esa Anrikkanen. This is very similar to the current top line. However Anrikkanen takes Kurczewski’s spot on the top line. In his old age Esa no longer plays a physical game but Randy makes up for that and allows Joe to be a force on another line.

The second line would be Joe Kurczewski – Shane Gagner – Schnitinfritz Jarg. Jagr would be the playmaker on this line and Joe and Shane can be physical and goal scoring forces.

The third line would be Laflamme – Mack – Izzy. Mack setting up Laflamme would be the main way this line scores. The rookie Izzy would provide physical play and energy to assist.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Through the course of the S36 Playoffs, Texas Renegade’s Defenseman Lord Vader has been an unsung hero for the team and instrumental in getting them to the finals. While Vader has yet to score, he has potted 8 assists in 10 games. While others on the Renegades have been lighting up the scoreboard, Vader has focused on the defensive end. He boasts a +5 +/- rating, has put up 32 hits, and is tied for the lead on his team with 20 shot blocks. He has also been instrumental on Texas’s strong powerplay and penalty kill. He is also played a ton of minutes during these playoffs! On average, he is also playing over 28 minutes a game and is showing no signs of fatiguing! Vader is also bringing great intangibles to the team. He is strong in the dark side of the force and his playstyle chokes his enemies who defy him.

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

I believe that Texas has the edge going into the finals. The teams in the Western Conference were all much more dominant than the teams in the East this season and Texas has already taken out the Jets and Dragons. In comparison, I think the Wolfpack will be easy. If the Wolfpack have any hope of winning, they will need to shut down the Renegade’s top line of Durden, Allen, and Falk. That line has been dominant in the playoffs combining for 35 points in 10 games and a combined +23 through the first two rounds. On the other hand, the Renegades will need other players on their team to step up to not put all the burden on their top line. Karlsson, James, and Owen are currently a -5 and will need to step up to not be a liability that the Wolfpack can exploit. If that line can step up, and their top line stays hot. The Renegades should soon be celebrating.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

With both teams eliminated from the SHL Playoffs, the Minnesota Chiefs and the Buffalo Stampede came together after a hard fought 7 game series to host a SHL themed family feud night for the BasicNeeds foundation who provides programs that support people with mental illness and epilepsy in low income countries. All money won would be donated to the foundation. Each team sent 5 of their top players to compete. Representing the Buffalo Stampede were Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Vlad McZehrl, and Casey Holmes. Representing the Minnesota Chiefs were Lord Pretty Flacko, Alonzo Garbanzo, Terrance Nova, and Ivan Koroviev. The feud went three rounds, with Buffalo winning the first round and Minnesota winning the second one. The third round went down to the wire with the Chiefs deciding to play the question but failing to guess the last answer on the board. Thus, the question went over to the Stampede to steal. With the question being “name the top things VLAD McZehrl say”, it was an easy steal for the Stampede with the top answer being “KICK IN THE FACE” an old school classic.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

There have been quite a few obvious stand out performances this postseason such as the offensive machines we call Lord Pretty Flacko and Patrikov Bure, or the Defensive stalwarts in Kosonen and Garbonzo. While their play has certainly been impressive, it takes a team effort to make it far in the playoffs. Roman Moranov is well aware of what it takes to win, having done it before. Even though he may not play a main role on the teams top pairing, he has proven to be one of New England's most versatile and reliable defenseman. His Offensive numbers aren't outstanding, posting only 5 assists in 12 games played, but he has been a consistent defensive and physical presence with 33 hits and 18 shots blocked so far.The most impressive part is he has been used on just about every special team situation and is a main stay on their 2nd pairing. It's depth like this that brings NEW deep into the playoffs time and time again, even when they just make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. It'll be interesting to see if it's enough to earn them another Challenge Cup.

Quote:TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words

I'm gonna have to say Texas holds a slight edge over New England in these finals. Both teams have some all star level talent on their front and back ends and they are both relatively old teams. Both team's cores are approaching the decade mark in the league and will only be facing harsher and harsher regression penalties. I think the real difference maker in this series is going to be the youth depth that Texas has on their team. While they may not have many young players, the ones they do have (specifically Conklin Owen and Adam Kaiser) have absolutely unimaginable ceilings in this league and are already very far along in their development and capable of holding down top 6 and top 4 minutes, as they have been doing so far these playoffs. Kaiser finds himself on the first pairing alongside Windsor, while Owen finds himself opposite of Rick James and Sven Karlsson. These young guns aren't quite the full fledged superstars some of their peers are, but they are well on their way and are poised to break out at any moment.

TASK ONE:
Lundberg - Wilson - Kane
Hamilton - Kylrad - Lloren
Iqbal - Knouse - Sirius
Lundberg - Wilson - Lloren

Justice - Orlov
Fearghal - Vas
Salami - Reed
Fearghal - Orlov

McFadden

I understand c wanted to incorporate the young guys more into play, specifically Mercer Church after his SMJHL team was eliminated. However, we're here to win. At least, that's why I'm still around. During my time here, I've learned that "balancing" the lines is not really the best way to go about things. When you do that, you often have less skilled players eating up more ice time than they should, and you miss out on your best players playing with each other. In saying that, I don't think bringing up Church was the best move for the squad. We had 9 players that were more than capable, as forwards, and I normally try to stack the fourth line with stars anyway. I think this line up could have beaten the line up that we sent out at the end of the series with Calgary. It's a shame to lose in the first round, and now we've been left with a big "what if".

Code:
164 words

TASK TWO: Up to this point, I've been very impressed by the play of Vasily Horvat. Playing third minute minutes, he has quietly been one of the best players for the Renegades. Tied for the fourth spot on his team in plus minus, he is often found on the ice at the right time. He is able to contribute to his team's offensive production while not being a liability in his own end. What more can you ask of a third liner? He also has a very respectable 6 points in 10 games. As a third liner, that's huge! In fact, it's good enough for 0.88 points per 20 minutes, which also puts him in a tie for fourth on the Renegades. He may be doing well due to the lower skilled competition, but I'm curious how he'd do on the second line. One thing's for sure, he's definitely playing as well as you could ask for in a player at his position.

Code:
161 words

TASK THREE: My philosophy as a GM is that you have to build from the net out. New England has done that, which is why I think they've got the edge. On a tough day, I've always found it easier to command great defensive play than to command great offensive play. Mikke Laukkanen has been nothing short of spectacular so far this season, posting a .931 save percentage. His 2.23 goals against average over two rounds is pretty good as well, although that speaks more to the team's defensive play than his goaltending. With that in mind, Toivo Kosonen has been one of the most impressive players out of all teams. A very impressed +10 rating over two rounds and over point per game numbers. In fact, he's going at a rate of an assist per game, that's pretty cool to see. New England is stacked, everyone knows that. I think the Renegades will be hard pressed to find any weaknesses in this team.

Code:
162 words

TASK FOUR: We're going old school with this charity. The SHL has just founded "Bridging the Gap" which aims to help impoverished people in our communities. As part of the festivities, there is a bridge building competition where participants can only use popsicle sticks and glue. The New England Wolfpack have enlisted the engineering skills of Dieter Dominique, Mia Landvik, and Raven Silverwing. The can afford these players not practicing for a day, it's not like they play hockey anyway. On the other side, the Texas Renegades have called upon Rick James, Cody Black, Jack Durden. They have aptly named themselves "Our first names are the most creative in the world and we build bridges". As part of the rules, each person will have a "disadvantage". One person will be blindfolded throughout the competition, one person will not be able to talk, and the other will not be able to use their hands. A classic team building exercise meets a classic bridge building competition.

Code:
162 words

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

5 vs 5 Forward
Center Left Wing Right Wing Time % Phy DF OF
1 Nicolas Winter Jack Burton VLAD McZehrl 43 1 1 3
2 Eduard Selich Maximilian Wachter David Benson 42 1 1 3
3 Viktor Vorkämpfer Zallerras Szlerchek Dickie Pecker 10 1 2 2
4 Viktor Vorkämpfer David Benson VLAD McZehrl 5 1 2 2

5 vs 5 Defense
Defense Defense Time % Phy DF OF
1 Alexis Metzler Ludwig Koch Schroder 40 0 2 3
2 Barney Stinson Brynjar Tusk 40 0 3 2
3 Brynjar Tusk Charles Walker 10 0 4 1
4 Alexis Metzler Ludwig Koch Schroder 10 0 3 2

I made two key changes here. The first one is switching up Wachter and Burton in order to attempt to give the lines a bit more balance. Wachter is a beast but I think that him, Selich and Benson going up against the 2nd lines of most teams will absolutely dominate both physically and offensively/defensively. I made each line play a little defensive and with an emphasis on a little physicality because the offensive firepower is all there in the players themselves and finding balance is the most important thing. I also bumped up the ice-time slightly on the top two lines.I also changed the ice time on the defensive pairings in order to have them play more balanced and the top two lines play a bit more. Unfortunately, Buffalo's 3rd pairing is a pretty glaring weak spot so it's best to have them play as little as possible.

This one is fairly easy and it seems like a lot of other people in this thread recognized the greatness that is Mikke Laukkanen in these playoffs. The guy is sporting an insane .931 Save Percentage with an equally great GAA of 2.23. It's hard enough for opponents to beat NEW who is stacked to the teets with talent on all 4 lines, let alone get enough pucks past their stellar goalie in order to even have a SHOT at winning a game let alone a series against these guys. This is hands down the biggest advantage that NEW has over TEX in the upcoming finals series. Pel is a great goalie in her own right but you absolutely NEED a hot goalie going into the playoffs and Laukkanen has been real toasty this post season so far. He's not a very outspoken member on these boards, but he lets his play do the talking on the ice.

I'm gonna give the overall edge to Texas in this one because that Defense is just absolutely positively insane. Some say that the key to a good defense is a good offense, but Texas took this one step further in that to have a great defense you have...well...a great defense. Seriously, the depth here is absolutely insane. When you can have Vlad Lidstrom on your third pairing, you know you're doing something right. They've even had to convert some defensemen from Dmen to offensive players because they were so god damn deep. Add Lidstrom to Vader, Black, Windsor, Kaiser and you've got some babyback bullshit levels of dopeness on the back-end. That's not to say that NEW is any slouch but I don't think any team in the league has the sort of depth that Texas has. With such a strong core, a strong goalie and great center ice men, I think that Texas takes this one when it's all said and done.

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: F3nkKOK.png]

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

2:

The unsung hero of these playoffs has to be Georgette Pel. She's the part of Texas that nobody really rates; she doesn't have the flash of rivals such as McFadden or Laukkanen, who have put up much stronger numbers these playoffs and probably had bigger impacts on their respective teams success so far. What she has done, through sheer grit and force of will, is give her team a chance to win every single game they've played in during the first two rounds. It has not been pretty; she is not necessarily a flashy player, and she has still given up her fair share of goals- rarely less than 3 per game. But she has played all 10 of the games Texas played in the first two rounds, and lost only 2 of them, by showing up and giving everything she has. When she finally got her first playoff shutout against Calgary, you could tell it mattered to her, and to all of her teammates.

3:

In general, New England have the edge over Texas. Their goaltender, Mikke Laukkanen, is much more seasoned than Georgette Pel, and has been to the finals before- meaning Mikke understands the pressure and has a better chance of coping with it than Pel, who has not been to the finals before. New England also have a much stronger and deeper group of forwards than Texas, who will struggle against weapons such as Patrikov Bure, Raven Silverwing, and Mainio Makinen.

Where Texas gains the advantage is the defensive corps. While Jasper Clayton, Toivo Kosonen, Lukas Johnson and Mia Landvik aren't a top four to be sneezed at, they pale in comparison to the Texas defenders, who are probably the best assembled group in the game right now. Lord Vader is playing career best hockey right now, and is every bit as good as Clayton; and Winston Windsor has been to even more cup finals than any of the New England defencemen have. Cody Black and Vladimir Lidstrom are old, but are still performing at full tilt. When Adam Kaiser is your 5th guy, you're kind of disgustingly good. The difference between victory and defeat for Texas will be the influence this defensive core have over the games.

6:

Colton Hagan!

[Image: rUZEi3P.png]

7:

Being given away at game one: Get your own Eggy. Literally. Certified and approved by Jasper Clayton himself.

[Image: dSknJPo.jpg]

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

If I were to choose a team to change up their lines and be their coach, I would choose the Buffalo Stampede. They have some great players on this team, but they have them in strange positions. Jack Burton needs to be on the top line, he’s a veteran and a superstar, and I would have paired him up with Winter and McZerhl on the top line. The 2nd line would have Wachter with big Z, putting the aging and regressed Benson on the 3rd line. The defensive pairings look pretty solid, but I would have given Stinson more time on the ice to try and lead his team with the experience he has, by putting the 2nd line at 40% and the 3rd line down to 10%. These changes might not have helped enough, as this team is a tough one to work with, however, it would have given them a better chance to get out of the 1st round. Please note that I have no clue what im talking about.

Mikke Laukkanen is the hands down, clear favourite to win the most valuable player of the playoffs this season. With his .931 Save percentage which is .28 better than everyone else, and his 2.23 GAA which is .27 better than everyone else. However, the unsung hero who is doing all the little things to help his team make it to the finals, has to be Winston Windsor who has been laying out his body on the line to block shot after shot for the Texas Renegades since the start of the playoffs. He has averaged 2 blocked shots per game for a total of 20. He is also producing some quality offense, notching up 10 points, good for a point per game all while eating up nearly 28 minutes per game. He has been a work horse for his Renegades team, and if they win the cup, his teammates and coaches will definitely be mentioning his crucial impact in their victory.

Both the Texas Renegades and the New England Wolfpack have an outstanding roster with great quality to take them all the way. The finals this year is a close one, and there’s only a couple things separating the two teams. The first factor, which is a major one, is playoff experience. The New England Wolfpack have a ton of experience and have been here done that more than once. That will prove to be a huge upper hand to Texas who has a young team with few who have ever seen the finals. The second factor that will push New England ahead on paper, is goaltending. Gregory Pel is good, but Mikke Laukanen is on another level. If it comes down to goaltending and who can steal the series, Laukanen is where most peoples money will be on. He is among the top 3 goaltenders in the league, and he has proven himself time and time again.

The Calgary Dragons and the Seattle Riot are holding a charity event to start up the SHL playoffs this season! The rival teams are giving the fans a real treat as they set up, and outdoor cosom style hockey game! Both teams will be suiting up with their shin pads and helmets, skates off and leaving their pucks at home for an orange ball! The first period started off flying with both teams notching 3 goals after 20 minutes. Esa Anrikken showed off his great shot with the orange ball, sniping home 2 goals on Broadway while Randleman scored the other. The Riot blasted home 3 goals from Theo Kane who was clearly an expert at cosom hockey. The 2nd period was much more of a lob sided affair, Michael McFadden was in net and he stone all the shots from the Dragons, while Wong was beat twice by Jed Lloren and Orlov. The final period had 1 goal scored from each team, McFadden was beat by Esa for the hat trick, while Trevor Wilson finished off a great passing play with Knouse to seal the deal for the Riot.

I think the one player who has gone a little under the radar up till this point but easily could be and should be the Playoff MVP would have to be goalie Mike Laukkanen. Throughout the roster of the Wolfpack a lot of players have shown up, players like Bure, Silverwing, and Kosonen, but Laukkanen seems to have taken his game to a higher level than anyone on the team. Through 12 games so far Laukkanen boasts a .931 save percentage and 2.23 goals against average, which are both good enough to put him #1 on the leaderboard. When the playoffs first started and New England was fighting to hold onto the last playoff spot they knew they would need someone to step up there game to a level that they hadn't seen yet, to ensure they would have yet another deep playoff run. Mikko Laukkanen stepped up and answered that call and will be the biggest reason Wolf Pack hoist the cup if they do take the series.

As far as the series goes it seems like it's going to be a very defensive battler. When we take a look at the Texas roster they have a find defensive corps with the likes of Lord Vader, Vladimir Lidstrom, Cody Black, and Adam Kaiser. They do have a somewhat potent offense but it isn't as deadly as some of the opponents the Wolfpack have faced. Then we take a look at the New England Wolfpack and there back end where they host the talents of Mia Landvik, Toivo Kosonen, Jasper Clayton, and in net Mikke Laukkanen. It is going to be a series that could have both high scoring games but mixed among some defensive battles. I have always been a firm believer that defense is usually the deciding factor, especially when you have a goalie like Laukkanen in the net. When you take both teams defensive prowess into account but add the little extra firepower that the Wolfpack can Ice, I tend to lean in their favor, with Laukkanen coming out as the MVP.

Task 5:

[Image: R0gx02o.png]

Task 6:

[Image: 7zSI6MF.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Green</a>

Task 7:

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Task 5
[Image: RenegadeLineup2017_zpsjnqtdyqb.jpg]

Task 6
[Image: TexasGoalie2017_zps0rcjzbkk.jpg]

Task 7
[Image: TexasFspins_zps83jambyo.jpg]

Task Eight
[Image: TexasBanner2017_zpsjthoseiz.jpg]

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

TASK ONE:

As coach of the Dragons, it's always enjoyable coming up with lines, there's a lot of great options. Most of the season we ran the same system, 3 strong centers giving us control of the puck majority of the game, two scorers on every line with a passer and physical player. It's the perfect storm if you can make it happen. I wouldn't change anything as all playoffs we generated scoring chances and outshot our opponents in each series, but if I were to go with another line up, I may try something like this, utilizing our strongest players down the middle in a rotation, while moving more of an elite passer to line 2 and separating our 99 defense rated forwards on each of the top 2 lines... No big changes on D, just giving Pergher a little extra time over lower D rated Hill.

Randleman-Pedersen-Anrikkanen
Gagner-Mack-Kurczewski
Randleman-Jagr-Laflamme
Gagner-Jagr-Laflamme

Boychuk-Monkey
O'Reilly-Pergher
Boychuk-Hill
O'Reilly-Pergher

[150+]

TASK TWO:

I'd have to say Texas goalie Goergette Pel is the unsung hero of these playoffs so far. A player who does not get a lot of fanfare, nor seeks it, the goalie has played very well through the first 2 rounds, currently on an 8 game win streak, including a shutout. In the Calgary series alone, Pel was the difference with a .930 SV% in the series. Stopping 113 of 123 shots faced in 4 games. Without Pel's strong play so far in these playoffs, Texas may not be where they are right now, in the Cup finals. If Pel can continue the hot play there's a very real chance Texas could come away with the championship this season. If they do, no doubt Georgette Pel will be a big reason. Goaltending is always important if you want to win the cup and Texas has a hot goalie right now certainly capable of bring it home to the lone star state.

[150+]

TASK SIX:

[Image: 2014-_Upper-_Deck-_National-_Hockey-_Car...A-_Ame.jpg]

TASK SEVEN:

[Image: 2c6f861761427a3e0817e6f1630cc08a--gray-wolf-grey.jpg]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Task Two: Zanarkand Abes by far is the unsung hero of the Renegades. So far in the playoffs he has amassed a very strong +5. Being a player that plays a lot of minutes having a plus five truly shows that he is a player for positive moments. His shooting clip is also really high. Not being a huge quantity guy he has taken a large quality of shots. His shooting percentage of 18% these playoffs has truly shown that his time out there is key. He also has quality minutes by the fact that he does not get a ton of minutes. So far In the playoffs he has only averaged close to 14 minutes. Not even seeing a third of ice team he has a total of more than half of point leader Durden’s points for the Renegades. I believe Abes will be a strong player for the Regades for seasons to come and his strong playoff performance so far is why he is their unsung hero.

Task three: I believe that youth will be the biggest factor for the Renegades over the Wolfpack. This mainly stems from the aging players on the Wolfpack roster. Most of their players are barely into regression and they spread from S26 to some of the most recent seasons. They are lead with great leadership (not to say New England isn’t). For example you look at Owens who is right in his prime as an S30 player with over 1400 TPE. But their depth doesn’t start there. They also are strong down the middle with Sven Karrlson as their leading center. They also have Bent to help out at the face off dot. Their defensive depth is quite outstanding with multiple players being over 1000 TPE at the blue line. It starts with Black and Vader but other stars are on the blue line Having Kasier also helps out at the blue line giving them a dominant top three defenseman to help them beat the wolfpack.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Task One
Here I take a look at the Calgary Dragons lineup for the S36 Playoffs. My primary consideration here is trying to mitigate exhaustion; in the playoffs the Dragons were almost only running 2 lines and 2 pairings, with how few players got ice time. I feel that will start to really make their players stats take a big hit later in a game. I also decided to keep the second line and paring players from being used twice to maximize their stats later in the game. The goal would be to use the first line to wear down the opposing team’s top line, and let the second line be the main thrust of goal generation. I would run these at 40 40 10 10 for both sets. I brought into the 4th line and pairing some rookie players, considering the 10% ice time it gives the veterans more time to rest rather than double shifting so many players.

The following is the lineups I would run:

L1: Randy Randleman | Nicholas Pedersen | Joe Kurczewski
L2: Shane Gagner | Alex Mack | Esa Anrikkanen
L3: Randy Randleman | Pierre-Luc Laflamme | Yorgen Bartenberry
L4: Schnitinfritz Jagr | Mike Izzy | Taro Eichelele

D1: Michael Boychuk | Hunky Monkey
D2: Connor O'Reilly | Fernando Pergher
D3: Michael Boychuk | Jaime Hill
D4: Hunky Monkey | Chuck Goody Jr

G1: Hunter Wong
G2: Richard C. Hocolate

Task Five