Create Account

bukss_a suspension

Hello SHL,

For his comments made in the San Francisco Pride thread, the Head Office has voted to levy a 2-week forum suspension against the user bukss_a as well as a $3,000,000 fine. We have opted not to suspend his player at this time.

The SHL Rulebook under Section II, Subsection J, Part 3 clearly states:

Quote:Personal attacks, excessive trolling and trolling in a malicious way, baiting and spamming, racist or homophobic remarks and any other types of comments that are meant to slander members of a certain religious or ethnic group will not be tolerated.

While political opinions are one matter, the statement made in the San Francisco Pride thread clearly crosses a line into language that has no place in the SHL.

The Head Office would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that they should not be deleting posts they disagree with around the site, and rather should be bringing these kinds of things to the attention of the Head Office to deal with. Because the post in question was deleted, the reports on the post (which had not yet been seen) no longer led to the statement made, leading to this not coming to our attention until recently (hence the delay between the statement made and this decision being announced). While this deletion does not appear to have been done without any ulterior motive, deleting posts to try to cover a rule violation could lead to penalties for attempting to circumvent the rules.

Thank you.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

spicy

Good.

Well deserved.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Good

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Good

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

imo it's not enough especially since posting it he's shown that he's done nothing wrong and it was all "part of his plan."

While I understand that it's the in the rules so I'm not expressing any further punishment however I find in most cases a person says something in the heat of the moment. His statement was disgusting and shown zero remorse for saying it and his intent was also stated already. Punishment is a mere slap on the wrist imo for something that was clearly despicable.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Not sure why there is no game suspension attached to this, we haven't used the "forum punishment for forum transgression" credo for a long time, why are we going back to it now? Especially since quite a few people have been hit with game suspensions for much smaller, sometimes even incidental stuff lately... It's not a big issue overall but I think game suspensions are a pretty effective part of the disciplinary toolbox and choosing not use them in one of the more despicable transgressions we have seen lately is a bit of a headscratcher to me.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 21 2017, 08:14 PM
imo it's not enough especially since posting it he's shown that he's done nothing wrong and it was all "part of his plan."

While I understand that it's the in the rules so I'm not expressing any further punishment however I find in most cases a person says something in the heat of the moment. His statement was disgusting and shown zero remorse for saying it and his intent was also stated already. Punishment is a mere slap on the wrist imo for something that was clearly despicable.
Incredibly well-said.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

He wasn't trolling. This is what the fuck believes.

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Oct 22 2017, 03:22 AM
Not sure why there is no game suspension attached to this, we haven't used the "forum punishment for forum transgression" credo for a long time, why are we going back to it now? Especially since quite a few people have been hit with game suspensions for much smaller, sometimes even incidental stuff lately... It's not a big issue overall but I think game suspensions are a pretty effective part of the disciplinary toolbox and choosing not use them in one of the more despicable transgressions we have seen lately is a bit of a headscratcher to me.

^

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

If this is about the cave comment then I agree he should be suspended. I have however seen worse personal attacks before that have not resulted in any discipline, we could start treating each other better.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I'm glad HO gave him a suspension. But something feels off.. maybe a harsher fine? Game suspension? Idk just doesn't feel resolved really

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2261' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Gooney</a> what do you think of this ruling

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

What did he say?