Create Account

S37 Championship Week

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Another Championship Week is upon us, with the Winnipeg Jets and Toronto North Stars squaring off in the finals.

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FOUR tasks for a total of TWELVE uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than four, but you won't get the credit for anything over four.

[Note: All tasks that are not team-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

TASK THREE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

TASK FIVE: Design a signature for one of the players in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, player name, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

TASK SEVEN: Pick a player from each team and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S37. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least five statistics for each player.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S37 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

Deadline: Friday, November 24th, 7PM EST

(Granting a little under a day of extra time because otherwise, the deadline would fall on Thanksgiving.)

If you have any questions, please refer to the PT rubric or PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

1) It doesn't get any more important in sports than a crucial game 7 in a championship series. The Toronto North Stars and Winnipeg Jets recently thrilled fans with a back and forth series that easily could have went either way. Ultimately the Jets would win by the narrowest of margins, a 3-2 victory in game 7 of the series. The series was hard fought and closely contested. Five of the series' seven games were decided by one goal. Two of the games went to overtime, each team winning one of those games. Game 6 went to overtime and the North Stars were unable to seal the deal and win the cup. The game 6 victory gave the Jets a lot of momentum heading into the series finale. Zach Evans, Jason Visser, Luke Fleming & company were able to rise up under pressure and win the most important game of the season. Congrats Winnipeg!

2) The unsung hero for the Winnipeg Jets is without a doubt none other than former Halifax Raiders superstar, Kip O'Callahan. Kip
is one of the greatest hockey players that has ever lived but you wouldn't know that with the role he plays in Winnipeg. O'Callahan see's the ice for a bout 4 minutes a night. O'Callahan put up some unreal numbers during the Jets championship run. O'Callahan laid out 3 bone crushing body checks, fired one laser of a shot from the blue-line, and even blocked a shot from going in the net with his face. Kip is 100% the best O'Callahan to ever play in the SHL. Kip was so good that he played in the SHL the season after he was drafted by West Kendall, something that has become incredibly rare during this day & age in the SHL. With potential rules regarding ice-time distribution O'Callahan could see his role dramatically increase. Their is no doubt that O'Callahan is elite AF and should be playing more minutes regardless.

6)

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> - How does it feel to be the best power forward in the SHL?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a> - You've recently taken on the role of hiring manager for the Jets' Ice Girls team, what qualities do you look for in the squad?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> - Where in Orange County do you plan on taking the cup??

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Task 1

I think the most crucial game for the Winnipeg Jets to make it to this point in the season has to be their game 7 win over Seattle. Not only because it literally got them to the finals but just because of the stakes in the game as it had to go to game 7 against the best regular season team. There were quite a few reasons that Winnipeg was able to pull out the 5-3 win as well but I think the most important one was the work of Corey Bearss. Right off the bat you notice his hat trick to help lead the Jets to victory and netting 3 goals is no small feet but he also did so much more to get that win. Bearss was also able to take 5 shots, throw 5 hits, block a shot and still take 2 faceoffs, while winning one. Bearrs definitely lead the Jets to a crucial victory in game 7 to give them a great shot at the cup.
[170 Words]

Task 2

My pick for unsung hero of the playoffs has to go to Cynthia Taylor for the Toronto North Stars. While she only has 3 points during the playoffs she is definitely going under the radar but where she is lacking in points she makes up for it in many other ways. First off, she has an amazing number of hits at 37, which is good for 3rd in the league for playoffs. impressively though is that she has this many hits with only 7 penalty minutes, and 5 of those came on one major penalty. Even though she only has 1 goal she was able to score that on one of her 4 shots showing that when she does shoot, she makes it count. Most impressive though and what's really helping Toronto is her sheer amount of shots blocked. She's currently sitting at 21 which is good for tied for 3rd in the playoffs and tops of all remaining players. So while Taylor hasn't contributed much on scoreboard she's helping the team win in so many other ways.
[178 Words]

Task 3

[Image: Jets_Lineup.PNG]

Task 8

[Image: champ_banne.PNG]

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

TASK THREE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.
<div align="center">[Image: GBjZKS8.jpg]</div>

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.
Going in to this task I'll admit I personally had written off the North stars since day 1 of the regular season, but they proved me wrong and then some by not only making playoffs, but reaching the challenge cup finals to boot. I thought it'd be easy to explain why they were the underdog, but their numbers are much better than I had predicted, in fact they excel in several categories when compared to the Jets. Nevertheless there are several areas where the Jets far exceed the Northstars so they will remain my favourite to win. The first glaring difference is production. While the two teams score often (3.44 vs 3.38 goals per game) the Jets have 4 players that exceed the top Northstar in points. Call it stacking the deck if you want, but the Jets have some serious weapons up front. Secondly they have a much better faceoff win% (50.44 vs 48.19) which makes it even easier for the Jets to maintain possession and set up their big guns. Lastly, while both teams proved they could score, the Jets seemed to bring it better on the back end as well allowing only 2.82 goals against per game versus the Northstars 3.38. Toronto has found another level in the post-season, but I don't think it'll be enough to surpass the high flying Jets. But hey, I said Riot would win it all so what do I know.

TASK SEVEN: Pick a player from each team and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S37. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least five statistics for each player.
<div align="center">[Image: QNsisio.jpg]</div>

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S37 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.
<div align="center">[Image: xMveI3a.jpg]</div>

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

The Toronoto North star's most important game of the Season thirty seven playoffs has to be game four of the round one series against the Minnesota Chiefs. Down 2-1 in the series, they needed to make a stand at this very point to not fall into elimination mode, and they dominated that mindset by scoring 4 unanswered goals to start off the game. That statement of a game led by Malkin, Rowe, Wert, and Kesler scoring their way to victory helped not only win the game, but turn the series back into their favor before it was too late. That momentum pushed them through Minnesota and West Kendall all the way to the Finals, where they meet their toughest opponent yet. Mark Harter, on his final goodbye tour, was almost perfect in this game only letting a late softie in on the last game after 25 total shots. Superstars like Lord Pretty Flacko and Alonzo Garbanzo were help pointless and couldn't rebound from this game.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My candidate for unsung hero of the SHL playoffs has got to be from the Seattle Riot a player named Trevor Wilson. Trevor is an intersting choice, because while some believe he's the reason the team has lost, I only believe he got them as far as seattle can go. Rocking a very sexy -16 for his plus minus, Trevor Wilson is truly a team player averaging at least one goal against him a game. He does this so that the rest of the team doesn't get as demoralized when they're scored against, because they can always look at Trevor and be like "Wow at least I'm not that guy". Adding in an acceptable 7 points including 5 goals is pretty good, but when he's taking the second most shots on the team and shooting bricks second only to Lundberg's abismal 4% shooting it gives the rest of the team motivation to score themselves. I don't think Jed Lloren would have an 18.6% without getting frustrated watching Wilson miss a beachball sized hole in the net.

The obvious favorite choice for the challenge cup final tournement winners is the Winnipeg Jets from the Western Conference over the Toronto North Stars of the Eastern Conference. The Winnipeg Jets play so successfully by drinking the ball juice of Chris McZ while praying to the gods of Simon and his anus. However, the Toronto north stars are not the be underestimated. They're recently path from the eastern conference beating both favorites from the east has proven that they're obviously a team to be reckoned with i guess. Before the Finals, the Winnipeg have an amazing 2:1 goal ratio, but Toronto isn't too far off with about 3:2. The Winnipeg Jets' weakness is their Penalty Kill, giving up 40% of their chances so far, but Toronto North stars aren't much better at 30%. Their PIM/Hits are about even though, and were a lot better than the rest of the playoff teams. Watch out for the Jets to sweep this series, though.

TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> why are you a big ol' stinky butt face who happens to be on a good team?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1571' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>damienj10</a> proud of you, boo boo. If you win the cup how will you celebrate?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1478' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Bonk</a> you're the opposite butt cheek of slappy that forms a perfect butthole. if you win the cup will you crap all over him?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

TASK ONE:
Game 5 of the final was the most imporant game of the season for Winnipeg. Being down 3-1, on the brink of extinction, the Jets had to fight to stay alive in this game. It worked out because Scott Robertson got the scoring with 1:30 seconds left in the first period. The Jets, with more on the line, came out swinging in the first period, despite giving up more shots (12 for TOR - 5 for WPG), they won in the category that matters most, goal column. There are some suspicions about the 3-1 lead in series, and it seems to hold true in some instances. Toronto had that in mind, and tried as hard as they could to end it in this Game 5, and got close to the reality of winning the cup again. Winnipeg gained a lot of momentum from winning this Game 5, and we know they eventually carried into winning the last 3 games, capturing the Challenge Cup.

TASK TWO:
His name is Kip O'Callahan, he's a Winnipeg Jet you probably haven't heard about. Despite that, Kip O'Callahan played about 5 minutes a game, and through his 18 games, Kip O'Callahan laid out 3 hits and 1 shot block. These don't sound like big stats, flashy or anything, but Kip O'Callahan's performances really sealed the deal for the Jets, pushing them to rally back against the North Stars. He's a -4 in plus/minus, but don't chalk that up on him, it's a team stat and it's likely one of his line mates was messing up his game. He's clearly the hero of the playoffs that goes unsung, in my opinion. In the Play-by-plays, the announcers didn't really mention his name or the impact he had on the ice. O'Callahan is a stud with many intangibles, and quite frankly, it's a shame these good deeds go unnoticed. Fear not, Kip O'Callahan, your efforts are going noticed, and you're getting praised in the media during Championship Week.

TASK THREE:
[Image: qGWMgmo.png]

TASK FOUR:

Really a hard call to make, but as the series started, I would say Winnipeg Jets were the favorites. It blew my mind during the first 4 games, seeing Winnipeg go down by two games, and being on the brink of elimination going into Game 5. The way the two teams utilize their rosters is a bit different, and with the 6 forwards working well for Winnipeg, most people have just accepted (not with a smile, though) that going with 6 forwards is an effective strategy in the game. People get mad about it not being realistic, but at certain point you have to really wonder how heavy you weigh realism in a game that doesn't even have injuries, for example. With Winnipeg coming out on top, people are undoubtedly going to come with the pitchforks over this tactic. I don't want to weigh in too much more on the debate aspect of this strat, but I'll expand on the "accepting this strat" part. I think it was shown that Winnipeg is effective with these 6-forwards, and really that's part of the reasoning I used for making them my favorites for the series.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

TASK 3:
[Image: lV1o35k.jpg]

TASK 5:
[Image: jJk6eE8.jpg]

TASK 7:
[Image: pxVVnp6.jpg]

TASK 8:
[Image: Cs6kpmE.jpg]

Hold me.

[Image: Wally.png]

[Image: NGDfMGR.png]

When loooking over players who could fit this bill i started with the team im most surprised to be in the championship series.. The Toronto North Stars.. and in that i found multi position talent Teddy Kesler. Kesler had a nice complamentary season for the stars scoring 27 points and 60 hits in 16 min of play in the regular season. but here in the playoffs Kesler has made more of his time on the scoring 7 points in 10 games (a 20% uptic in scoring) with a shooting percentage at %20 percent. Kesler also owns a 1st, 2nd and 3rd star performance in these playoffs... 3 stars in 10 games for a player that averages just 10% playing time percentage on the teams 3rd line. What thats telling me is Kesler is making the most of every important moment hes given on the ice... To get to a league championship series you need players like these top step up and do more than expected.. Kesler fits that bill, he is my unsung hero.

Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

My choice for the most important game played by Winnipeg is game 3 against Texas in the opening round of the playoffs. The Renegades are our league champions.. there deep and there experienced and they moved into post season playing well. Most considered this series to be a toss up, one which would go deep into the series. Games 1 and 2 were won by Winnipeg @ home. While neither of those game were particularly in question.. there was no reason at that point to believe that the Reengades couldnt take the next 2 on there home court. But game 3 put an end to any thoughts on Seattle moving past there opponents as Winnipeg imposed there will in a stunning 7-1 demolishing on the defending champs on there home ice. the type of message that lets Texas know the series is over while letting the world know that Winnipeg is a viable threat in these playoffs.

Winnipeg and Toronto square off in this seasons Championship series. In all of my point task predictions chose Winnipeg to win it all this year. The skill level of the 10 players they add to there starting line up (6 being forwards and 4 being defenceman) combined with a double shifting strategy which does not have endurance as a factor and a all star caliber goalie to guard the goal post makes them a team on the ice with no weakness to exploit. and as we enter the championship series Winnipeg has done nothing to make me change my mind. While i dont believe that Toronto has the firepower to match the Jets.. they do have unit that seems to get the most of the players they play.. and thats done by smart and creative coaching by Symmetrik. I look at this roster and find a group of players that i never expected to post the stats they have.. yet there they are contributing at peak performance in crtitial moments. What were seeing in Toronto is good talent becoming better through the art of strategy. To me this series can be coined as the brains vs the brauns.. i believe Winnipeg will win thi series in 5 or 6.. but you count out a team that knows how to utilize the SIM.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I´d say Toronto vs Minnesota and game six in that series on round 1. Before the game six, Toronto was up by 3-2 in wins, so they were closer in making through to the next round, but what if Minnesota would have won that game six and forced the series to always so exciting, game seven!?

The game six was hell of a game, Toronto took the lead and was ahead 2-1 when first period over. In the 2nd period Toronto managed to score 1 more, after 2nd period was over, Toronto was leading 3-1. At that point Minnesota needed to step up or stay down, guess what happened? Minnesota scored 2 goals early in the 3rd period and all of a sudden we had 3-3 game and possibility of game 7 looked really promising.

But like always, those shifts after scoring a goal are really important - Jesster and Toronto took advantage of that and scored 4-3 goal 24 seconds later. Roughly 2 minutes later Jesster and Toronto was back it again, 5-3 goal and Minnesota looked like a beaten team. So close once already, going down by 2 like that again was enough, Toronto secured a 5-3 win and a spot on the next round with wins 4 to 2.

(200+)

Physios and other staff members that make sure Winnipegs players are able to play without any injuries.They don´t ever get too much attention anyways, but I feel now they should.

Six forwards playing 26+ mins per night, that is a lot. Quite interestingly, Weber and Manious from defenders ´only´ play 24 minutes on average, so we can see where the medical attention is needed the most, on the forwards.

I can only imagine what kind of army of masseuses, physios etc are needed to make sure Visser and Bears don´t just break, Visser plays 29 minutes on average and Bears 28 mins, more than likely need 1 person looking after each limb, between periods they give a gentle rub and oil up the players, so they can play without pulling something. Short shifts is another way to prevent injuries, but not sure how much it matters after certain point, you are more than likely spending more energy getting to the bench than on the actual game.

Interesting to see if Winnipeg manages to play on high level all the way to the end, they are almost there, full season and now the playoffs on top of that. From a neutral point of view, I sure hope they don´t win the cup, if they do - that is a disgrace. I´m hoping head office takes serious action against line setups like we see with Winnipeg, 6 forwards at 26+ minutes per game, that is a joke. Don´t ask what the GM´s think about it, this is what happens when you let GMs have a say and let them have too much power, they will use 6 forwards and meanwhile we are supposed to act interested about the finals? Really!? Fire the GMs right there on the spot who disagree on the rule change.

(150+ without the last part)

This is a interesting one, on the other end we have Toronto who at least by the looks of it has 3 unique forward lines, but they only have 4 defenders in current starting lineup. Top 2 pairs get big chunks of playing time, but the ´3rd pair´ gets under 6 mins, so 4 defenders play a lot.

In the other end we have Winnipeg who has only 2 unique forward lines, but then again they have 3 unique D pairs. Forwards play shit loads as you could imagine with 6 forwards, top 2 pairs play nicely, but also the 3rd pairing in defense get fair 13 minutes on average.

Both are basically cheating/abusing the game mechanics and it comes down to which version works the best - cheating on defense setup or cheating on forwards setup. Not sure which is worse, both feel pretty bad. Having 6 forwards only and they all play 26+ minutes takes the win in my eyes.

Toronto and 4 defenders in 26/27 mins and 2 in under 6 mins on average is not too great, but at least 26/27 minutes for a defender is fairly realistic number, top D´s in nhl clock 27 to 26 minutes at the moment, but then again Toronto has 4 of them, so you know.

Both teams have great players, so I don´t think there is too big of a difference in for example making plays happen and having the ability to finish them. During regular season, Winnipeg scored on average 3.44 goals per game, while Toronto reached over 3 as well with 3.38. Quite interestingly Toronto allowed 2nd most goals against them during regular season with 3.38, Winnipegs number on the same category was 2.82. Both teams took the least and 2nd least pims, Winnipeg at 5.18 and Toronto 5.33 pims per game.

Winnipeg shot the most during regular season, 35.92 shots - Toronto 5th most with 33,20.

Goaltending is always huge, Berger in Winnipeg had 90.8 saving % and Harter in Toronto 89.9 %. Not a huge difference there either. So I don´t know, will be a tight series if I would have to guess after looking at the numbers.

But still, when both teams use these shady techniques to build their teams, hard to get excited about finals and write about who is a favorite and who is the underdog, two teams win - league is losing.

(150+)

<a href='index.php?showuser=2038' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>TheLastOlympian07</a> - Who has the most annoying shot in the Toronto roster? What makes it so annoying?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2476' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ThePandava</a> - If you could add one player from Winnipeg to Toronto, who would you pick and why?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1478' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Bonk</a> - Which Toronto forward is the hardest to keep in control as in, who manages to get past the defenders most often?

[Image: anime-gif-1-1.gif]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

I think the Jets game against Seattle in Game 7 was the most important game for them to be in the finals at this point. The reason is, well its a winner goes to the finals so if they lost, they would not have been in the finals. Plus Seattle had a lot of momentum and favourites to win the game since they won Game 6. It was a very imporant game. It was a 5-3 game which is very close. Bears comes out big for his team with another hat trick and incredibly playing 29 minutes which is insane. Another thing is the 2nd period with scoring 4 goals that period and securing the tickets to the finals. Oh and did I tell you Bearss is elite. Not only with 3 goals but 5 shots, 5 blocks and i think 5 hits. He's been offensive, defensive and physical and dreaming so hard for that Challenge Cup.
Code:
157 words

The one I am going to say is from Toronto known to be Travis Kudleychuk. Travis had a great playoff season this season and 2nd in his team in points behind Rhys. He's someone who people don't know much about but now they do. 11 points in 10 games which is more than point per game which is good enough to summarize his success but that's not all. Though playing Damien Wert and Elias Lindstrom, he was the best out of them. He's also a +8 which is very good just in 10 games. He is disciplined and not taking lots of penalties and instead, getting to draw penalties. He hit a lot which means he steps up and motivates his team and the crowd in Toronto. He was toronto's best forward in the playoffs for sure and one of the reason they made the finals. And of course, went passed West Kendall.
Code:
153 words

[Image: OhAPIX9FQU62AAt3Df6Elw.png]

The favourite to win this series for sure in my opinion are the Winnipeg Jets. They have such a good core They've got Weber, VLAD, Visser, Evans, Pellegrino, and Fleming which is 6 players who have more than 10 points. That includes defenseman and forward. That's is great number where all lines are involved in creating offense. And toronto have only 2 above 10 points. And winnipeg faced tough competition against the best team in the league and won against them while Toronto faced WKP who had bad luck with the puck and couldn't win games. The jets have Lukas Berger who save them from allowing too many goals but Harter who has experience who was great last series isn't sure about. But because of how random and how fucking stupid STHS is, anything can happen. Anyone can win so this series is going to be unpredictable and close. Bears with an incredible hat-tricks and Fleming with incredible carrying so it'll be close.
Code:
163 words

[Image: giphy.gif]

Mainly because the index is way out of date I’m going to say that the Winnipeg Jets most crucial game up to this point was the 7-5 game 4 victory against the tough Texas Renegades who knocked them out in the first round last season.

This was more a mental win for the Jets, who took out the team who beat them last season and went on to win the Challenge Cup. This was not a goalies game by any means as Lucas Berger a .839 save percentage while the Renegades own Georgette Pel posted a .833 save percentage. The goalies allowed 12 goals between the two. Yikes.

Both teams had the offence flying high and 9 players posted multiple points on the evening. This would definitely have been a game you would want to participate in if you were in a slump as a slump buster.

Good job making it to the finals, Jets!

155 words

The unsung hero of the SHL S37 Challenge Cup playoffs is none other than Winnipeg Jets own Corey Bearss.

Bearss is a defensive minded playmaker but these playoffs he is a goal scoring machine, putting up hat tricks in two games versus Seattle and playing an outstanding 28.44 average minutes per game. While scoring like a mad man, Bearss is still playing the defensive game he is known for and sits at a +4 currently.

The Jets success so far in this playoffs isn’t just because of Bearss, he has a great supporting cast and a few superstar line mates as well. But when you’re playing along the likes of Jason Visser and aging but once unstoppable force VLAD McZerhl you can put up a bunch of points and still fly under the radar like he has.

If the Jets come out on top of this series (and I think they will). Bearss’ contributions should not go unnoticed.

158 words

In the SHL finals this season we have the Winnipeg Jets facing off against the Toronto North Stars, this matchup definitely favours the Jets but this is the SHL and we all know anything can happen.

In the regular season this year we had the Jets finishing off strong with a very solid 65 points, good for 2nd in the league while the North Stars managed only 54 points in a much easier eastern conference. The jets as a team also managed to be a +31 on the season while the North Stars broke even. The Jets also posted the second best record in the league at home with a 16-9-0 record.

With all this said it’s looking like the North Stars had better hope to win a couple games in the Jets barn or else this mountain they’re climbing towards the Challenge Cup will move from challenging to impossible.

150 words

<a href='index.php?showuser=2338' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>CBear</a> I thought you were going to score hattys in three games in a row...What happened?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a> Who on the North Stars is the toughest to play against?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a> Game 7 triple overtime in this series, who are your bets on each team to end it?

On this Article we gonna focus us on Max Weber the defender from the winipeg jets he played 8 games so far with 2 goals and 8 assists which make him #6 pointwise on his team and the 8 assist are the tying him on #2 on his team beside that he got 14 blocked shots which is also #2 on his team and 3 hits and 7 hits taken and also scored 1 game wnner so this is in my opinon what does an unsung hero he is a huge part of the great winipeg defence and build togehter with big manious maybe the best pairing in this playoffs so if the jets go on the big race it will be because of thier defence pairing and on top of that they have a really great goalie with amazing numbers i would put my money on winnipeg or toronto this year to win the big thing at the end.

Code:
160 words

[Image: hMvcVxs.jpg]

on this article i gonna tell you my choice who looks stronger in the shl cup final.Even when the North Stars are up 3:2 i would put my money on the jets because thier team is more balanced the jets scored 65 assists and 36 goalsin 8 games the north stars only 58 assist and 32 goals in 10 games so the jets offense is more clicking in the moment and looks better over all.The jets also have only 36 Penalty minutes and the north stars have 58 minutes so the defense of the jets is also looking more deciplinesed and taking less penaltys so at all and in my summary the jets are looking more promissing and i'll would put my money on the jets that they will come big that year and could go on the big race and would have a cup for all the vets who are playing there.

Code:
154 words

[Image: 7RwaVoc.jpg]

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Winnipeg shocked everyone, including me, by defeating Seattle in six games to make the Challenge Cup Finals. For me, their most important game was game four of the first round, in which they played Texas. They won that game 7-5, and there were some big stats that allowed them to win. The Jets outshot Texas 37-31, which meant that their offense was on tune that day. To me, the most shocking stat of that game was the fact that Winnipeg went 4 for 4 on the power play. Their power play lines went on fire that day, with Visser and Robinson scoring once on the PP, and Corey Bearss scored twice on the PP as well. Finally, another good stat for Winnipeg was their 59 face off wins. Their centers looked great in the circle that day, and it sure helped a lot.

It’s obvious to me that Don Pellegrino is the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs as of now. To be honest, before the playoffs started, I’d never even heard of Pellegrino, an S26 player who’s just hit decline in terms of TPE. He plays right wing on their second and fourth lines, and he's leading Winnipeg in points with 14(tied with Jason Visser). He has 8 goals and 6 assists, which is pretty good considering his teammates include Jason Visser, VLAD McZherl, Luke Fleming, and Zach Evans. Pellegrino also has an amazing 29.63 shooting percentage, best on the Jets as well. In closing, Don Pellegrino is a great forward who has surpassed many with his play in the playoffs and is definitely a candidate for unsung hero.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> which Winnipeg line has been the best for the Jets in the playoffs so far?
<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> How would you rate your playoff stats on a scale of one to ten?
<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> How happy would you be if Taylor went out with a Challenge Cup?

Winnipeg has to be the favorite. The Jets have six players with above ten points in the playoffs right now (Pellegrino, Weber, Visser, McZherl, Fleming, and Evans), compared to only two for Toronto (Kudleychuk and Rhys). There is an obvious talent gap. Winnipeg only is trotting out three rookies. Toronto, on the other hand, have 5 rookies playing in their lineup. Now, comparing the goalies, Harter and Berger both have a .925 save percentage, but Harter has a batter GAA than Berger (2.30 for Harter, 2.36 for Berger). That's the only place where the goalies are close. Comparing their top scorers shows the talent gap. Don Pellegrino has 8 goals and 6 assists for 14 points. However, Zander Rhys has 5 goals and 7 assists for 12 points. Finally, let’s compare their top defensemen. Rhys has 12 points and has delivered 15 hits. Max Weber has 10 points, but has delivered way less hits (3). That's why, in my opinion, Winnipeg is the favorite.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs