Create Account

S37 Championship Week

TASK THREE - Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo. 
[Image: 01FkH5z.png]

TASK SEVEN - Pick a player from each team and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S37. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least five statistics for each player.
[Image: jrLakYJ.png]

TASK EIGHT - Design the Championship Banner for the S37 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.
[Image: Dls4p1u.jpg]

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

TASK ONE - The Detroit Falcons had one pivotal game that earned their berth to the SMJHL Four Star Cup Finals, and that was when they dispatched the St. Louis Scarecrows in Game 7 on home ice. The Falcons started that series with a 2-0 series lead and the series went back to St. Louis. The Scarecrows rallied back to a 3-2 series lead of their own, and had the Falcons on the brink in the Scarecrows’ home barn. Somehow the Falcons had an offensive outburst and blew the Scarecrows out of the water, and then returned to home ice to finish them off once and for all to secure their admission to the SMJHL Four Star Cup Finals. If the Scarecrows scored one more goal in that Game 7 it would’ve forced OT at least, and who knows what would’ve happened then. I’d like to think the St. Louis Scarecrows would’ve had as easy of a time with Montreal as the Falcons did, but who knows? STHS is a fickle beast.
Code:
169 words

TASK TWO- My choice for the unsung hero in the S37 Playoffs is St. Louis Scarecrows rookie defenseman The Dude. Dude was a bit of a darkhorse as the St. Louis Scarecrows had a ton of great rookies making their debuts this season. He had a real coming out party this postseason against the Prince George Firebirds and the Detroit Falcons and has established himself as a legitimate first round talent for the upcoming SHL Entry Draft. He tallied a six goals and four assists scoreline in thirteen games, nearly reaching a point per game pace in his first season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. With those results, it’s clear that he’s made his presence known and he’s only going to become more and more of a force on the ice to be reckoned with. He’s a natural successor and heir apparent to the mantle that Roman Augustus leaves behind in St. Louis as the #1 defenseman that quarterbacks the powerplay.
Code:
161 words

TASK FOUR - In the SMJHL I would’ve volunteered the Detroit Falcons to be the underdog for a simple reason. The Montreal Militia dismantled the Laurifer Trophy winning Halifax Raiders in 5 games, and Halifax absolutely demolished the SMJHL throughout the S37 SMJHL Regular Season. With how easily Montreal vanquished Halifax, I expected the very inconsistent Falcons to be in over their heads and to lose the series in 5 or 6. Boy was I wrong! I think the two teams were relatively even but momentum favored Montreal. A huge difference maker in this series was the play of goaltender Evgueni Marmeladov. He put together a ridiculous 0.901 save percentage throughout his seven game wins and the Falcons’ conquest of the Four Star Cup. Maurizio Arrivabene’s dominant offensive performance also helped lead the Falcons to the easy sweep of Montreal with his 8 goals and 8 assists. These two players proved to be the ultimate skill difference and why Detroit eventually triumphed.
Code:
159 words

TASK FIVE:
[Image: 1ST97Sd.png]
<a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a>

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

The clear choice for the Jets here is game 7 against the Riot. It all came down to one game to get them to the finals. I can't think of game with more reason to be crucial. With Visser playing 29:21 minutes in that game, the Jets have proven that a simple two lines is enough. Another huge performance was from Bears in this game who put up 3 goals. This seems impressive but really it was just a matter of time based on how long he was on the ice (28:21 minutes). The narrative for the Jets has been over playing players all season and this game definitely kept up that narrative. This crucial game proved that the Jets' cheese strategy can outplay the best all around teams. Maybe the fatigue from playing only 6 forwards through two rounds will catch up to the Jets after this marathon seven game series. This remains to be seen, as they have been logging these big minutes even though the 50 game regular season. I don't even want to see the cardio regime that coach puts these players through during the off season.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

This has got to be someone on Toronto because the Jets don't even have enough players on their roster for someone to fly under the radar. The unsung hero for Toronto has got to be rookie Jack Hansen. Though he does not have a goal, he has been an outstanding stay at home defender throughout the playoffs. With 18 shot blocks, 7 hits, and a +9 rating Hansen has been a real solid player. He has stepped up big to take a ton of minutes and keep that second defensive line rolling. Taking on 27 minutes of ice time as a rookie is absolutely outstanding. The team should almost be worried that the coach is over playing him at this point. Luckily, plenty of this time comes on the power play, where is the definite quarter back that sets everything up. Hansen will be a huge part of whether or not the North Stars can bring the cup back to Toronto.

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

I would say that the Jets are the favourites coming into this matchup. The Jets dominated more throughout the season than Toronto did. The Jets had an impressive 65 points compared to only the 54 of the Stars. I would say that the offense of the Jets will overpower the North Stars. The Jets have a very star studded core of forwards, albeit small core. The Jets currently have a forward over 1000TPE on the ice at all times. I don't think that the Stars will be able to shut this down. Surprisingly, however, the Stars only had 3 less goals than the Jets in the regular season with 169. Perhaps the Stars won't be as outmatched as previously thought. I think that there will be a few key players in this series for each team. If Bearss and Visser continue to perform at a high level then the Jets should be able to take this one home without a problem. However, if the Stars defence comes up big, as they've been doing, then the Jets might end up having some difficulty scoring enough goals to bring it home. All in all this series is a toss up.

TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> what did it feel like to score the cup winning goal?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> What went right for you that you were able to take home the playoff scoring race?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2338' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>CBear</a> How did it feel to put up a hatty in the playoffs?

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

The Winnipeg Jets faced off against the defending champs, Texas Renegades in Round 1. They did this last year too. The Jets couldn't stop the Renegades, and they eventually won. Last year, the Jets came and walloped the Renegades the first 2 games, then went on to lose the next 4 straight. We were in similar waters again this year in the playoffs. The Jets won Game 1 and Game 2, and were faced with the dreaded third game. It's funny how we get in our own heads and if something bad happens, we fall into the patterns and end up losing. Not this year! The Jets came out in the third game, in Texas and won 7-1. In that game The Winnipeg Jets out shot their opponents 42 - 28. The experience and leadership of Big Manious shown through in the game as he was a dominant force with 1 goals, 4 assists for 5 points, +3, 2 PIM, 2 SOG, 3 Hits, 4 Blocked shots. There was no way that he was letting us go down that painful road again. Lets hope he shows up big in game one of the championships and sets the tone. and game 2. and game 3. and game 4. (get the point?).

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Don Pellegrino is the unsung hero of the playoffs. The Winnipeg Jets forward is now in regression. He lost his place on the first line and now spends his time on the second line with Luke Fleming and Zach Evans (how are they on the second line??). The Don finished the regular season with only 37 points. Last season he put up 61 points. So, this was quite a huge hit for the used-to-be phenom. Then the playoffs started. His juices really started to flow. It’s the Don’s time! Through the 8 games (That’s all that was updated on the index at time of the writing), that second line was on fiiiire. Pellegrino and Fleming both have 14 points in 8 games, and Evans has 12. All 3 are +11. What stands Pellegrino apart from the other two is the fact that he has 8 goals in 8 games and has secured a 29.63% SHT%. He has 8 goals on 27 shots, and only 1 of those goals was on the powerplay. It doesn’t get any better than that, folks.

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

Statistically speaking, the favourite are the Winnipeg Jets, while having the Toronto North Stars as the underdogs. Lets break down some of the overall stats of the regular season.

The overall standings were in favour of the Jets.
Jets Record: 32 – 17 – 1 = 65 Points
North Stars Record: 25 – 21 – 4 = 54 Points

Overall Goals For: Jets are +3
Jets: 172
TNS: 169

Overall Goals Against: Jets are 28 less
Jets: 141
TNS: 169

Overall Goal differential: Jets are +31
Jets: +31
TNS: 0

Lets take a look at the stats of the 2 teams when the played each other this season.

The 2 games were split 1 – 1. The Toronto North Stars actually outscored the Winnipeg Jets 9 – 8. The Winnipeg Jets outshot the North Stars by 1, 73 – 72. The Jets powerplay was 22.22% against the TNS, while TNS was 25%. PK% was 75% for the Jets and 77.78%.

So this is actually going to be interesting. The overall standings are in favour of the Jets, but the breakdown of the 2 games they played were very evenly matched but actually favour The Toronto North Stars.

Game on!

TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>MWHazard</a> : Each series so far has had different hero's, who do you think is going to show up big for the big show?
<a href='index.php?showuser=1478' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Bonk</a> : You showed up huge in the pivotal game 3 against the Renegades, and have been a force throughout the entire playoffs. What kind of game can we expect from Big Manius in this series?
<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a> : Are you expecting this to be a high scoring affair? Is there more pressure on the first or second line to put up points?

Interview Adam Kaiser <a href='index.php?showuser=2262' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>Kaisonious</a> : "I thought you were going to score hattys in three games in a row...What happened?"
I was still able to score 1 goal to make it 7 goals in 3 games. I like to wear down the other teams, so watch out for the late games of the series, hopefully there will be some more fireworks then!

Interview <a href='index.php?showuser=2269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Slowpoke</a> "CBear As my favorite Jet player, why are you better than ztevans?"
It's simple. #1 I'm Canadian. #2 I'm A Gif Machine [Image: Gif_Machine.gif] ... that's all. Evans is a great guy and no one should be liked better than he is. So it is an honour to hear you say that. Now come back to the Jets, I miss you [Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
TASK ONE:
Without a doubt, the Jets have had the biggest game in the entire playoffs to get to this point, and it came just 1 contest ago, in Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals against the Seattle Riot. This one doesn’t take a whole lot of justification… with the Jets having just failed to capitalize on a 3-2 lead in game 6, allowing Seattle to draw even and force a pivotal game 7, the momentum was not in their favor. Clearly, they’d have to overcome that if they hoped to make it to the finals. Their response was masterful. They outshot the Riot in all 3 periods, 14 to 13, 14 to 9 and 7 to 6. They had drew first blood (at 0:48), and while they lost the lead after a Trevor Wilson PP goal at 11:45, they were back even in 6 minutes, and back in the lead in just over 9. They also had more hits (19 to 13) and shots blocked (10 to 7). Clearly, they earned their right to play in the finals against Toronto, and they did it in a big way in this game.

Code:
TASK TWO:
My selection for unsung hero of this year's playoffs so far has got to be none other than Travis Kudleychuk of the Toronto North Stars. Kudleychuck is not the type of player who necessarily draws all the star power to the team or league, he's a 2nd liner who isn't even being doubled, in fact. While the top line guys are having their fair share of success, it’s Travis who is efficiently plugging away and giving Toronto an advantage night in, and night out. The guys has been playing merely 21:16 per night, and yet, he is still putting up better than 1 point per game with 12 points in 11 games (by way of 2 goals and 10 assists), good for 1.09 PPG. Kudleychuk is showing us that you don't need to play 30 minutes per night to be a stat gathering type of player in this league. We should all follow Travis' example.

Code:
TASK FOUR:
I said it after the Winnipeg Jets defeated the Texas Renegades in a very one sided sweep in the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs, and I am going to hold true to that, still. I believe that the Winnipeg Jets are favorite to win the Challenge Cup in Season 37. After it took last year’s champion 7 games to knock them off- and they only got stronger this year, you knew from day 1 they would be a threat. Well, here they are knocking on the door, and it’s no surprise.

The Jets’ regular season goal differential was +31, good enough for 3rd in the league. The North Stars stood at 0… That’s a huge disparity. In the playoffs the Jets are a massive +17, while Toronto is +8. Clearly, the Jets have been overpowering this off season, while TOR has been winning tight games. The North Stars are the stronger hitting team (179 this post season, 17.9 per game vs. 133 in 8, 16.6 per game)… but I don’t think that’s an advantage for them. They’re not so overly physical that they’ll really slow down WIN, but they will draw penalties trying- and WIN will make them pay with a 34.48% conversion on the powerplay. Meanwhile Toronto’s PP is at 14.29%. TOR will be in the box more often, and will be getting scored on as a result far more frequently. Put frankly, Toronto just won’t be able to keep up, in any facet of the game.

Code:
TASK SIX:
<a href='index.php?showuser=1680' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>BeanSnoodie</a>: Travis Kudleychuk, what's been the secret of your uber efficient play this season? It seems like every moment you're on the ice, you're having a big impact in games, with over 1 PPG in just over 21 minutes per night. Team chemistry? Build? Intensity? What is it?!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2038' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>TheLastOlympian07</a> Lukas Berger: Can you believe that while you're holding a damned fine .925 save percentage, Mark Harter has matched that number so far this off season? He's actually got you beat on GAA, by the slimmest of margins, .06 per game. Which one of your defenders are you counting on the step up to give you the advantage in this goaltending duel?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1432' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-63'>Mark H</a>arter: I'm sure you heard my last question to Berger, citing the great statistics you've put up this season... You've played in a TON of games, as a Season 22 draftee. Is this your last charade? How many years could you have left in the tank beyond this season, do you think? I really admire the ability you've shown to hang in there, it seems you've escaped the hands of time, at least for now.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Code:
It was a must win for the North Stars in game 5 versus the Chiefs. The series was tied 2-2 but Minnesota had the home advantage. So game 5 was in Minnesota and the Chiefs are great at home. They were 14-9-2 in Minnesota so they clearly had an advantage over the North Stars because Toronto was 11-10-4 away. With a losing record, I doubt they could win game 7 if they were to lose game 5 and then win game 6. So with Toronto winning game 5 against Minnesota, they would had the series lead and also they would at home to finish of the series. This was a huge advantage for them and they showed how strong they are at home. Overall, the chiefs were a cup contender while the north stars were carried by Marc-André Malkin but the chiefs underestimated their opponents and did not took advantage of their home games.
Code:
Mark Harter is the unsung hero in the S37 SHL playoffs. This goalie is so old and can still be one of the best goalie during the playoff. He played against the two best goalie in the SHL, Robert Andersson and Matt Lewis-Flood, and he was able to outplay them. During the playoffs, he had the best SV PCT with 0.916 % and a GAA of 2.55 in 18 games. Looking at the Toronto North Stars roster, we see there's only one superstar defensemen, one allstar defense, an old veteran and a young rookie. So Harter had to play with these four players while Andersson played with a very good top four defensemen and Matt Lewis-Flood played with the best defensive team in the league. At the end, he had to face the best offensive team and probably the best in the league by a big margin and he was playing so well. Unfortunately, things didn't go well at the end of the playoffs. He's the most underrated goalie in the league and I hope he will get to be more recognized because he deserved after his accomplishment.
Code:
The Winnipeg Jets were clearly the favorite against the Toronto North Stars. The Jets playoffs was the most toughest bracket. First, they went against the defending champions. They took advantage of the stupidity of the renegades coach and swept them easily by outscoring 23 to 9. Next stop was in Seattle, the best team this season. This was a very surprising series. Both team weren't able to win at home which was a shock for me. Seattle had the home advantage but it was clearly not an advantage for them as lose 3 to 4 against the Jets. I feel like the North Stars had an easier bracket compare to the Jets because they only had to face one very strong team and it was close series. The Platoon were clearly not the favorite to make to the finals. They have fallen to Toronto multiple times and I predicted they would be taken down again in this playoffs. The Platoon got destroyed at home by Toronto, scoring only 3 goals and allowing 11 goals.
Code:

<a href='index.php?showuser=2476' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ThePandava</a> You had the chance to play with great stars in the league as such as Chris Crutchfield, Lukas Johnson, Andrey Barbashev and soon Cynthia Taylor. How were they impactful to your career?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> How difficult was for you and your teammates to play against the defending champion and the first overall this season?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a> You recently won the Four Star Cup and you are probably going to win the Playoffs MVP. Do you feel there's going to more pressure in the Challenge Cup than in the Four Star Cup?

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

For the Toronto North Stars I believe their Game 5 win against the Minnesota Chiefs was the most important game of the playoffs for them. Going down to a 2-1 series deficit against the much more fancied Chiefs might have flustered some teams but the Stars were able to regroup and after tying the series in Game 4, went into the following game with a lot on the line, and what emerged was a close fought game between two teams who really deserved to have their seasons last a little longer. Both teams left it all on the ice but ultimately it was Toronto who won a very close game and came away with a series lead, and their first position of power of the series so far. Winning Game 5 set them up for a big win in Game 6 to take the series, but it was winning this game with so much pressure on them that allowed them to make their way into the finals the way they did (Game links aren't working in the index so can't find any more stats but I think this justification is reasonable enough).

Code:
192 words.

One playoff unsung hero worth taking a look at is Corey Bearss. Bearss was a force for the Winnipeg Jets, and while he wasn't the leading scorer on the team, his 20 points in 18 games was undeniably a huge factor in Winnipeg's success. Bearss is known as one of the league's superior two way forward and demonstrates this by dishing out a hefty 51 hits. Bearss is an incredibly clutch contributor also, scoring 3 game winning goals and 2 game tying goals, meaning he can turn his game up a notch in the big moments, something he doesn't necessarily get the credit for when it is of massive importance.. Winnipeg had a lot of big name players like VLAD McZehrl and Luke Fleming who have (rightly) taken a lot of the headlines, but Bearss delivered a very strong performance that played a major part in winning the Jets their first Challenge Cup in over ten seasons.

Code:
157 words.

The Toronto North Stars would arguably be considered the underdogs of this series, if we are to look at the S37 regular season as an indicator of the teams in the finals' ability. The Winnipeg Jets were a hot team in the strong western conference this year, finishing 2nd with
32 wins and 65 points, while Toronto didn't quite fare as well in the east, putting up 25 wins and 54 points. Winnipeg were a much stronger team defensively, being scored on 141 times compared to the North Stars' 169 goals conceded, and were marginally better at scoring them, with 172 goals vs 169 (giving Winnipeg the much better goal differential). It is worth noting however that an underdog in the Challenge Cup finals can be considered a myth; both teams are of significant quality to have gotten this far, and as evidenced by the two team's season match-up which was split equally with a win each, there might not be much to pick between the two teams, meaning the perceived skill difference could be much smaller than anyone gives it credit for.

Code:
183 words.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a> "Do you think it was trading me away that let the Stars break the curse and finally win the cup, and then manage to get into the finals again so shortly after?"

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> "How much did the valuable life lessons I imparted to you in Detroit guide you to the position you now find yourself in, playing for the cup?"

<a href='index.php?showuser=1571' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>damienj10</a> "Do you miss me like I miss you? P.s. Hope you win another cup."

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Task six: <a href='index.php?showuser=2338' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>CBear</a> why did you betray me in game 7?

@Chris-Mczerhl couldn't you just not win the cup or what

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> Could you never step on the ice again? If not thank you but if you do step on the ice again will you be mad that I told the refs you floss with butt hairs?

HOLD ME ON THIS NIGHT OF THE LONG KNIVES

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Code:

I would obviously have to say Game 7 between with Riot and Jets. Cory Bearss came through with a Game 7 Hat-trick in regulation over a very game Michael McFadden who's arguably been the best goalie in the regular season. The Jets were able to outshoot their opponents 35-28. The line of Bearss- Visser and McZ have been really clicking for them this season and veteran experience as well as talent from McZ helped the Jets take that next step in their franchise and playoff chance this season as he has helped another team claim a berth in the Challenge Cup Finals. But I do believe for a team win a championship all players need to contribute and the two members of the SHL Shield in Max Weber and Luke Fleming will need to dominate the Stars in order for them as we've seen in the past with Jack Durden getting his back absolutley destroyed with a Triple Power Bomb through a table that when they get it going no force can stop them.

Code:
174 Words

Code:

My choice for the Unsung hero for the S37 Playoffs is Isaac Cormier Hale from the Winnipeg Jets. He's one of the best up and coming defensive defencemen that the SHL has to offer and he happens to be on this Winnipeg Jet team that's clearly on a path of destruction and success. Being paired with an top tier defencemen like Max Weber he's been able to catch the opposition off guard with his style of play by using his smarts instead of physically imposing himself on the offence. He was able to stop the Renegades and the Riot using that style of play that is very underrated part of his game as he's considered one of the best Hockey IQ players on the team. He currently has 10+ points as a defender as he's currently just about PPG with only a couple PIM added to his name. He's force to lookout in the Challenge Cup Finals.

Code:
157 Words

Code:
TASK FOUR: Who is the favourite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

I honestly think Toronto is the favourite in this series just with the fact they have experience in the Challenge Cup Finals dating back to couple seasons back when they beat Portland to win the title to end their drought since the sim league, but Winnipeg does have the fire power and offence to win it. When matched up in the Regular Season which was twice they split the game one a piece which shows how evenly matched these teams are. The top point scorer for Winnipeg was the new comer Vlad McZ with 63 points which has vast lead over Kristian Eriksson with 55 points so we definitely see where the offensive fire power comes from. However when it comes to defence Toronto didn't have the goaltending that they had when having Jeff Kirkstone backing them up which lead them to getting by the first three round, but they took have Mark Harter who was there to lead to a Challenge Cup win in that playoff run with Toronto so I would defnitely give the edge to them even though Berger had .908 SV% supposed to an under .900 SV% from Harter. As for having the most discipline Toronto has the slight advantage with Manious having the most PIMs out of both team with 60 and powerplays can be huge with STHS being screwy so yeah. My vote to win are the Jets but the Stars do have the experience of winning it all on their shoulders.

Code:
248 Words

Code:

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a>, What is your training regiment looking like during the playoffs.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a>, will you be calling it career if you guys are able to win the Challenge Cup

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a>, Why is Visser never seen in media articles and media huddles during the season and playoffs?

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

TASK ONE:

The Winnipeg Jets have had an interesting run on their way to the Challenge Cup Final. In the first round they had to face the defending Champions, the Texas Renegades. Luckily for the Jets, it seemed like the long playoff run last season caught up the Renegades, as they swept Texas in 4 games. In the second round, they were matched up against the Seattle Riot and this round did not go as smoothly as the first round. It was in this series, that Winnipeg played their most important game of the season, so far.

Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals was the marquee game for the Winnipeg Jets. Having blown a 2-0 series lead and a 3-2 series lead, the Jets had to go back to Seattle and regroup in a win or go home game. Losing game 7 after holding those leads in the series could be soul crushing for a team looking to finally break free in the West. The doubt had to be creeping into the minds of the Jets. In the regular season, they were a dismal 1-5 against the Riot and now having been unable to finish them off, they must be thinking that the Riot just have their number.

This is where the narrative changed for this Jets team. They came out firing and were determined to finally close out the Riot in Season 37. Their offense broke out in this game, scoring 5 goals. In the regular season, they only scored 15 goals in the 6 games. Corey Bearss showed up in the biggest game of his career, scoring a hat-trick, including the game winner.

Having beaten their thorn in their sides, the Winnipeg Jets finally broke through in the Western Conference and are representing the Conference in the Challenge Cup Final.

(301 words)

TASK TWO:

The unsung playoff hero of this season's playoffs, in my opinion, is Jason Visser of the Winnipeg Jets. On a team with some big names like Luke Fleming, Zach Evans, Big Manious, and VLAD McZehrl, Jason Visser flies under the radar. He's been an absolute workhorse for the Jets, averaging over 29 minutes per game. He's helping pace the Jets offense with 14 points in 11 games, while also showing off the physical side of his game with 34 hits.

Where the workhorse part comes into play is his minutes on special teams. He plays on both the power play and penalty kill, giving his coach a reliable presence in every facet of the game. Visser isn't the biggest scorer on his team, but does a great job keeping up, while also opening up the ice for his teammates. The rest of the league may not key in on Visser for their game plans against the Jets, but believe me when I say that the Jets know exactly how important Jason Visser has been to their Challenge Cup run.

(179 words)

TASK FOUR:

This season's Challenge Cup Final is the Toronto North Stars versus the Winnipeg Jets. Right now, we're going to look at the tale of the tape to see who has the edge going into the series.

In the regular season, there was very little separating each team in the two games they played against each other. Both teams won one game a piece, with the Jets scoring 8 goals and the North Stars scoring 9 goals. In the final standings, the Jets finished with four more points than Toronto, 65 points to 61 points. The Jets 65 points was good enough to get them the West's second seed, while Toronto's 61 points got them the third seed in the East. The biggest difference between the two was Winnipeg's goals against compared to Toronto's. The Jets only let in 141 goals versus the North Star's 169. This also affected the goal differential as Winnipeg finished +31 while Toronto finished at an even 0.

To go along with Winnipeg's advantage defensively, they also carry home ice advantage in the Challenge Cup Final, by virtue of finishing ahead in the regular season standings. So, while these two teams aren't separated by very much, I'm giving the edge to the Winnipeg Jets, because of their stronger defensive game and home ice.

(217 words)

TASK SIX:

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> What's been the turning point this season to take the Jets over the top and into the Challenge Cup Final?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1478' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Bonk</a> As a defender, who is the player you're putting your focus on for the North Stars?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a> What's the biggest advantage that you have over the Jets that can help lead you to a Challenge Cup victory?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Placeholder.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

In my opinion, the unsung hero of the S37 SMJHL playoffs would have to be rookie defense man from the Detroit Falcons, Tatu Mäkelä. In the playoffs, Detroit's two mainstream stars were stud forwards Maurizio Arrivabene and Vijanupatan Singh, who both paced the team in points. With those two stars, it is easy for Mäkelä to be overlooked. However, his performance in his first career playoff run was extremely impressive. Mäkelä led all Falcons defense men in points with 12 points in 11 games. He also led his entire team in assists with a total of 10. He logged nearly 23 minutes on average, and as a rookie, that is a lot of ice for a rookie. While he was indeed a -6, much of the team was, and he was up against the other teams' best players every night. He was also very disciplined, only serving 2 penalty minutes all playoffs. He stopped a lot of goals, sacrificing his body by blocking 14 shots for his team. He was also a mainstay on the power play and penalty kill. Overall, Mäkelä is a very talented player who was a hero in the playoffs, and he is my unsung hero of the S37 playoffs.

TASK THREE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: DET.png]

In the SMJHL finals, the Montreal Militia and the Detroit Falcons faced off in a match up that presented a historic SMJHL rivalry. The favorite in this series had to be the Detroit Falcons, and the Underdogs being the Montreal Militia.

The Falcons came in second place in the league during the regular season, showing that they can preform strongly and consistently. They had a record of 29-16-5, for a total of 63 points. In comparison, the Militia came in 6th place in the regular season, snagging the final playoff spot. They had a record of 25-21-4 for a total of 54 points.

The Falcons were a high scoring team in the regular season, with stars like Vijanupatan Singh up front, who paced the team in points. They scored a pretty strong 154 goals in 50 games, for an average of 3.08 per game. While much of their scoring came from their top line, they still scored a lot of goals, and it will be very tough to shut the Falcons down. In comparison, the Militia scored only 129 goals in 50 games, the lowest of all playoffs teams by a noticeable margin. This leaves them at an average of 2.58 goals per game. This is pretty low, and if the Falcons can shut down the two stud Tanners, they should be able to stop the offense.

Lastly, the Falcons were a better defensive team as well, although not by a lot. The Falcons allowed 138 goals in 50 games, and the Militia allowed 143. This is not a very big difference, but this may lead to us seeing very close games where the Falcons' galie prevails and shuts the door.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2338' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>CBear</a> how will the Jets be celebration their cup win?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a> Are your legs tired from logging so much ice time?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> what was the most important turning point in your team's comeback to win the cup?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Code:

My pick for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs is Alek Koivu. Koivu managed to finish the playoffs with an outstanding +16 rating, scoring 2 goals and tallying 9 assists by the end. He absolutely solidified the back end for the Jets and made them hard to play against. Koivu may not be the most prolific scorer on the back end of the Jets star studded lineup, but when he's on the ice, he can absolutely shut down the opposing forwards and hold the back end together. It's actually amazing to see how well he did this playoffs considering he was playing on the 3rd pairing. At such low minutes a game, it's amazing that he kept up with the rest of the D men on the team in points, with the exception of Weber, who finished with 17 on the season. Koivu really stands out as being a great player who won't get enough praise for this playoff run.

Code:
TASK FIVE: Design a signature for one of the players in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, player name, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

[Image: hVHebXC.png]

Code:
TASK THREE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: BKO5lX8.png]

Code:
TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S37 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: KGAMwst.png]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.]

Goals For - WPG: 4.50 vs TOR: 3.20
Goals For vs Against - WPG: 189% vs TOR: 133%
PK - WPG: 61% vs TOR: 69%
PP - WPG: 34% vs TOR: 14%
Shots For vs Against - WPG: 128% vs TOR: 103%

Putting out all these stats to look at, one thing becomes pretty clear. Winnipeg has the advantage going into this. Toronto has had the luck of the STHS gods on their side it feels like more or less, having barely touched thier line up and just sitting on it and letting the sim do it's work. Literally they haven't touch them once since the playoffs started. That's either really good theory work on the GM's behalf, or just plain unbalanced simming by the system. That alone has me thinking that no changes will happen in the finals unless they go down 3-0.

The skill difference quickly looks like this for both teams.

Top 6 Forwards TPE - WPG: 8,304 vs TOR: 6,366
Top 4 Defense TPE - WPG: 4,662 vs TOR: 3,870

Travis Kudleychuk - hands down.

Why? Well he's the only player I can find with the updated playoff stats that doesn't have 25+ Average minutes played (He's only at 21.51) and has still managed to put up 11 points for the stars all while managing to have a +8. Mixed that with a FO win % of 57.91% and you have the purest definiton of a clutch older player. He may not get all the attention that some of the other players will get by the end of this all, but from what I can see, he has been HUGE for the Stars behind the scenes using his minutes very well and being effective for his club. One of the few veteran forwards to not be double shifted in the Stars line up, Kudleychuk has been doing his best impression of Kian Hamilton for the Riot during the Minutes storm that was happening and using each second on the ice to the highest effect.

TASK SEVEN: Pick a player from each team and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S37. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least five statistics for each player.

[Image: f8uAFnW.png]
TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S37 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: PbOL5iQ.png]

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]