Create Account

S37 Championship Week

Code:
TASK THREE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.
[Image: u9g7K0b.png?1]

Code:
TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

Quote:Originally posted by CFJ@Nov 17 2017, 12:59 PM

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a>, Why is Visser never seen in media articles and media huddles during the season and playoffs?
The Visshound's in a different dimension

Fuck tryna pick text out for quotes. sorry if i tag you a bunch crossfit

-Are you expecting this to be a high scoring affair? Is there more pressure on the first or second line to put up points?
Never know what to expect if goalies are hot or not, thought we'd outshoot TOR a lot more, though. They are both first lines so the first first line.

-Who on the North Stars is the toughest to play against?
All I'm gonna say is I'm glad Rough Cockburn didn't get in between the pipes..

-Visser, how is it possible that you've passed every single drug test in your SHL Career?
i wouldn't be here if I could pass a drug test

-How does it feel to play so many minutes a night and still manage to carry your team? Aren't you tired after all that playing time?
My guy has been blood doping since day 1, it's been well documented in almost all the media I've done. If you look at the shit I was going on about last year it makes a lot of sense now.

-There were a portion of people this season believing that the Jets wouldn't even make the playoffs, and just miss out. What do you have to say about the people who doubted Winnipeg this season, and will it be sweeter if a Challenge Cup is won?
I don't think those people are real, and they just weren't up to date on things if they thought we'd be lame so they get a pass. It doesn't make it sweeter to win cause of doubt, no.

-How many women do you sleep with after a win? More or less than 7?
... .. less...bians

-Who do you think will be the biggest contributor for the Jets in the finals against the North Stars?
I'd have picked Bearss after the back to back hatty games, he was great throughout the post-season but I think Fleming just took over at some point... 30 points in 18 games is pretty dirty.

-How many goes are you expected to be scored between the two teams?
I think 'goes' is meant to be baby talk from all the other baby theme pictures, who the fuck has ever cared how many goals are scored between teams in a series. 69-11

-Are your legs tired from logging so much ice time?
Good 1

-How high were you during post game celebrations?
always feels kinda the same y'kno till you stand up and all the blood leaves your brain then shit gets real.

Code:
TASK SEVEN: Pick a player from each team and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S37. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least five statistics for each player.
[Image: Z3xggQJ.png?1]

Code:
TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S37 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.
[Image: 1DUoqsz.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

The Winnipeg Jets’ game 7 win over the Seattle Riot was definitely the most crucial game to get them to this point in the season. That was a winner take all game and the Jets won. Had the Jets lost that game the Riot would have made it to the Challenger Cup to face the Toronto North Stars instead. The game saw the Jets compete in a high-scoring game and take the lead and put up enough points to get a win. Additionally, they even fell behind the Riot in a critical moment, right after they had just taken it back. In most cases the quick flip-flop of highs and lows would have sucked a lot of the wind from their sails, so to speak, but the Jets were able to come back fighting even harder than before and score three unanswered goals that ended up giving them an impressive, statement bearing win in the final game of their series with the Riot. Clearly, coming back from a deficit and scoring three unanswered goals qualifies as a crucial game, especially when it is in an elimination game 7.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

At this point in the playoffs my unsung hero would definitely have to be Corey Bearss after his performance in game 7 against the Seattle Riot to get to the challenge cup. While Corey Bearss has been outscored by some of his teammates thus far in the post season, Don Pellegrino has 8 goals and Luke Fleming has 5 goals, scoring THREE goals in a high-scoring game to put the game away in the biggest games your team has had in the playoffs thus far was extremely impressive. In the game 7, the Jets were tied in the second period and Bearss was able to put them on top with the team’s second goal of the game. However, the Riot came back and put up two back to back goals to take the lead. That’s when Corey Bearss put on a show for two more goals to give the Jets a lead that they would not surrender for the remainder of the game. Not only did Bearss score 3 goals, he only took 5 shots and had 5 hits too. His game 7 performance is what got the Jets to the big game, so hopefully he’s being celebrated in Winnipeg.

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

I think that the Winnipeg Jets have to be the favorite in this series and that makes the Toronto North Stars the underdog. First let us take a look at the regular season stats of these two teams. The Jets finished with 172 goals for versus 169 goals for Toronto. These stats aren’t too far off and it shows both teams can get it done offensively. However, on the defensive side the Jets have allowed 141 goals which blows the 169 allowed by the North Stars out of the water. If you go a bit deeper you will even notice that Toronto did not even have a positive point differential, but broke even. In comparison, the Jets managed a strong +31 point differential over the course of the regular season. To further the case for the Jets, look at their playoff record. Thus far, they have only lost a single game and it was in overtime. Compare that to the Stars who have lost 3 games with an 8 point differential. The Jets have dominated the post-season thus far and I expect that to continue as the favorites in the championship.

TASK SIX: Create three questions, one for each of three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them. Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own.

Chris York your team is playing in a Championship Series as a heavy underdog, how do you you plan on leading your team to the upset? <a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a>

Don Pellegrino, you've been destroying the league this post season and have an extremely impressive 8 goals. How do you plan on keeping up that pace and making sure your team scores enough points to take home the cup? <a href='index.php?showuser=97' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>jason97</a>

Luke Fleming currently leads the league in assists and has been the center of an explosive offense in Winnipeg, is there anything Toronto can do to slow you guys down? <a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a>

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

TASK ONE For the Toronto North Stars. The game that would start this journey to the finals would be game one in the Minnesota series. Before this, they were a meh team. However this game showed that they had the heart, faith, and skill to make the finals. With a hard fought 4-3 victory over the Minnesota Chiefs. This is where it all started. To be more speicifc, it started in that 3rd period. A game which they were chasing the score all game, Travis Kudleychuk was able to take it to Noctis Caelum in a fight which really fired Toronto up. This showed that he had faith and it gave Toronto the good ol' feeling of "Why can't we take this game?" They would come firing shots from left and right. They got a little too aggressive at times, but veteran goalie Mark Harter made some crucial saves. A goal from Jesster would tie the game up and a man who's had difficulty with Toronto management: Elias Lindstrom would put that behind him and tally the game winning goal giving Toronto the win which led to them beating Minnesota in 6 games. Harter's .925 save PCT and Rhys' great playoff run has shown.

TASK TWO It would have to be rookie Jack Hansen. Hansen came into the league with not much buzz. He didn't have the greatest campaign in the SMJHL and this had to piss him off through the regular season. Toronto has put him on the top 4 and it's worked like a charm. In these playoffs, the points have been alright, but it's the defensive side of the game. He's blocked a ton of shots from the best of shooters such as Flacko and Light. He was a rookie that most weren't expected to pan out and he's ending up being a 100% need for this Toronto North Stars team to succeed. His 18 shot blocks show. His +9 and 270 MP show he's logging up big minutes. Hansen's simple hockey mentality has really helped him out. He's proven himself to be one of the wiser players of the SHL and will form into a very nice #3 dman. Toronto will need his defensive ways to come up successful against Winnipeg.

TASK FOUR The clear cut favorite for me would have to be the Winnipeg Jets. The star power they have on the forward core along with . . . well just the star power. Either way, they'll come up big in the finals. This is going to be quite a difficult task ahead for Toronto. Toronto being the underdog still has a chance. This whole postseason, they've been the underdog. People went against them. They came up big in both series. Taking out one of the favorites: The Minnesota Chiefs. Then afterwards, taking out the other eastern conference favorites: The West Kendall Platoon. The North Stars thrive on being the underdogs and they'll have to do that against Winnipeg if they want any chance of winning. York, Eriksson, and Wert will have to come up big and some of Toronto's depth will as well. This would be a hell of a story if they pull another Challenge cup out of their titties.

TASK SIX

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a>

What is the key to Toronto winning?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a>

Who will have to be your best player to win?

<a href='index.php?showuser=184' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>Chris-McZehrl</a>

How will you obnoxiously celebrate if Winnipeg wins the challenge cup? How will you feel if you don't?

TASK ONE:

Without a doubt in my mind the most important game in the playoffs for the Winnipeg Jets would have to be game six against the Toronto North Stars.

After falling to three games to one against the North Stars the Winnipeg Jets started game six up three to nothing after just fifteen minutes of play. What looked to be a throw away game for the North Stars before game seven very quickly became a close game after the North Stars scored two goals in the second period and another three goals in the third period. Game six eventually went to overtime and no winner was crowned in the first period of overtime so we had to go to a second bout of it. Eventually the Winnipeg Jets would be crowned the game six winners after a goal by Jason Visser in the second overtime, but had they let that early lead actually slip away from them and they had lost the game Toronto would be your current Challenge Cup winners.

Code:
171 Words

TASK TWO: The unsung hero of the S37 playoffs is Winnipeg Jets defenseman Alek Koivu. Koivu has been very good for the Winnipeg Jets in his limited ice time which is is only getting 10% of the defenseman icetime on the teams third pair. He averages 13 minutes a game while 10 other players on the Jets play 20+ minutes a game. Koivu has 5 pts in 8 games so far with 4 of those points being assists. This is impressive as he does not get any power player minutes and has only played 1 penalty kill minute. Koivu has been making the most of a pretty bad situation for himself as the Jets have been basically playing 6 forwards and 4 defenseman for the entire playoffs. With Koivu providing secondary scoring for the Jets on the blueline, it could be a difference maker as to whether they win the cup or not.
Code:
153 Words

TASK FOUR:
The Winnipeg Jets are likely the favorite heading into the S37 Challenge Cup Final. The Winnipeg Jets stunned the league by sweeping the former Challenge Cup Champion Texas Renegades in round one. They also went through the Seattle Riot. The Western Conference in the SHL is a bloodbath full of really good teams, which is why usually the team from the Western Conference is usually a favorite. Although the Jets have played 2 less games than the Toronto North Stars, they have scored more goals with 36 compared to the North Stars 32. The Winnipeg Jets defense has also been impressive only allowing 19 goals in 8 games compared to the Toronto North Stars 24. The Winnipeg Jets record through the playoffs thus far is 6-2 and the North Stars record is 7-3. Overall the two teams are pretty comparable, but the edge goes to the Winnipeg Jets over the Toronto North Stars.
Code:
153 Words

TASK SIX:

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> What did it feel like to be apart of all three points that allowed your team to win game seven?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> Making the finals in your retirement season, does it feel bitter sweet?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a> How did Jason Visser become such a dominant force in the SHL?

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

TASK ONE:

To say game 7 of the first round against the Colorado Mammoths in the SMJHL playoffs was the most crucial game thus far in the Montreal Militias season and playoff run is an absolute understatement. Montreal won game 5 in overtime to take a three to two lead in the series, and the Colorado won game 6 in the same fashion, overtime. Setting up game seven to be a winner takes all blood bath, and let me tell you it did not disappoint.

Colorado got off to an early lead against the Militia with a goal by Mark Ruggari fifteen minutes into the first period, and then the Militia stormed back with goals by Dakota Reid, Inari Twain and Jack Tanner in the second to take a fairly commanding 3-1 lead heading into the third before Dean Youngblood and Finn Larsson both scored to even the game at three and send the game to overtime, which Montreal finished just 7 minutes into it with a goal by Alexander McKinley

TASK TWO:

I would be hard pressed to consider Inari Twain an unsung hero, as Montreal has been singing his praises since the playoffs started a few weeks ago, but no amount of praise can truly tell you how important Inari Twain was to Montreals playoff hopes.

Through 17 games Inari Twain put up an astounding 22 points on 11 goals and 11 assists to lead the entire league during this stretch. Montreal probably doesn't even touch the second round without Inari's dominant post season performances and even though we fell short you could tell he truly didn't take it well when we were swept in the finals. This guy is hungry and I expect him to do the same terrorizing in the playoffs come season 38. I'm telling you right now, keep an eye on this kid cause he's gonna do something special next season. You can quote me on that one.

TASK SIX:

Inari Twain: What allowed you to be an absolute star in the playoffs and carry this team to multiple wins?

I'd like to believe that my playoff experience with the Whalers allowed to be concrete under pressure and help my teammates, many of which have not been in the playoffs feel as though this is just another game, and that the pressure we feel should be a motivator not a hinderance.

Connor Tanner: What was it like to beat a team like Halifax in order to make it to the finals?

Man you have no idea the electricity we felt in the locker room after we took game three in order to put us in that commanding 3 to 0 lead in the semi-finals, it was absolutely unbelievable, I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I think the feeling that game three gave us is what fueled us to take that series from them. We wanted to feel even better and winning the series did that for us.

Dakota Reid: What was it like to lose once you were this close in your final season?

Definitely bitter, it took a lot out of me. The excitement we felt after the Halifax series was absolutely crushed by the Detroit Falcons, and they just proved they were the better team this year. There's nothing more to it honestly, we played like shit and we didn't deserve it. Congratulations to Detroit.

TASK THREE

[Image: LINEUP.png]

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

TASK THREE:
[Image: original.png]

TASK FIVE:
[Image: rKCq75R.png]

TASK SIX:
Answers - <a href='index.php?showuser=1045' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Steelhead77</a>
Code:
Congrats on the cup, is it any less sweet because your BFF LB is not there to celebrate with you, or does that actually make it more enjoyable? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/winking/winking0001.gif

Thank you, thank you, it has been a long time coming :D Actually, you maybe didn't know this at the time you posted, but LB also is a member of Winnipeg Jets. The combo couple finally got that sweet sweet cup. That fucker got 2 cups this season. :D

<a href='index.php?showuser=1250' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Whikadoodle</a>
Code:
The Jets have been solid defensively, on the back of you and Max Weber. Do you think it's more important to contribute on the offense or stay responsible defensively to take the Cup this year?
I think that this season and during the playoffs we had a good balance between our D guys attacking and protecting the net. Of course the league isn't happy about the way how we got the cup, but that has been sorted out now. Looking forward to the next season. Hopefully ICH can contribute a bit more on both ends.

My question - <a href='index.php?showuser=1576' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>LB.</a> Look at us now, bastard! How are you feeling after getting 2 cups in one season? You actually came close to this a few seasons back with Portland and Detroit.

TASK SEVEN:
[Image: original.png]
I fucked up ;D
[Image: deJiqDm.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which game of theirs in the playoffs was the most important/crucial in them getting to this point this season? Must be at least 150 words and include either two statistics or some (reasonable) justification of narrative justifying your choice.

It's got to be Game 7 against Seattle in the Western Conference Finals. Cole Reinhart trophy on the line, do or die. We had opened the series with two strong wins, but Seattle had taken three of the next four, setting up the final showdown. We kicked things off beautifully, scoring just 48 seconds in (The Don himself), but one of those rookies I said in a preview article might be a potential weakness scored, and we were tied 1-1. And then came the 20 minutes of hockey in which Corey Bearss became a legend. He had a hat trick in Game 6. He then proceeded to score at 9:43, 17:54, and 19:04 of the second period of Game 7 to overcome two goals by the Riot in that period. The now legendary Zach Evans scored as well, and we headed into the third period with a 5-3 lead that would go unchanged. It's clearly the biggest moment we had as a team all season (well, until we completed the comeback in the finals). Those six Corey Bearss goals made it nine for him in the playoffs heading into the finals. To finish out that series told us we could finish out the finals, and somehow we did it.

Code:
212 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S37 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

There's been a lot of attention given to Corey Bearss, and Zach Evans, and some of the louder characters we've got on both teams, but hey, how about Luke Fleming? He's probably going to win the Razov, though, so I can't really call him an unsung hero. That's got to be the quietest 30-in-18 I've seen on this site, though. He was stellar. No, I'm going to talk about Lukas Berger. Casey Holmes was brilliant in his lone series, but Berger was extremely solid in net in his final season and in the playoffs. I know TLO always kind of felt like Berger was disappointing, but he stood very, very tall in the final period of Game 7, turning back an absolute onslaught from the North Stars. Only 1 crack in the armor in the final frame, stopping 15 of 16 shots in the period to preserve a two-goal lead and win a cup, three goals to two. He put up a .914 save percentage and allowed 2.75 goals per game. The stat that matters most is going 12-3-3.

Code:
179 words

TASK FOUR: Who is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series? Are they almost even, or is there a big skill difference between the two teams? Must be at least 150 words and include at least three statistics in support.

I think we were the favorites going into the series. We had swept Texas, knocked off the President's Trophy winners in seven, and had home ice advantage against a team that many thought would lose their opening series. We were absolutely shell-shocked by the North Stars, who took three of the opening four games of the series. Those games were fairly close (save for a strong win by Toronto in Game 3), but we were on elimination watch for three straight contests. Toronto finished with a dead-even goal differential in the regular season, while we were third in the league. We led the league in goals, and while they finished third in that mark, we were fifth in goal prevention and they were second-worst. It seemed like a recipe for some 5-3 Jets wins leading to a tidy five or six game win. But Toronto really slowed us down. I sort of feel like we played our best in those first six games, and then the rest was very very on the margin. Toronto really did a good job going from a dark horse to a front-runner in the playoffs. Toronto outshot us nearly two-to-one in Game 3 (44-23). When we lost game 4, I thought they had maybe locked the thing up. So while we were definitely favored, they were definitely underrated going in.

Code:
225 words

Quote:Originally posted by CBear+Nov 17 2017, 07:58 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (CBear @ Nov 17 2017, 07:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
<a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>MWHazard</a> : Each series so far has had different hero's, who do you think is going to show up big for the big show?[/b]

Was going to say you before the finals started. Tongue I think obviously Evans is the hero here, but Lukas Berger sure showed up big in the series.

Quote:Originally posted by iOBESE@Nov 21 2017, 05:11 AM<br />
<a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>MWHazard</a> - How would you comment your players performance in the playoffs so far?

I went nearly PPG, which would be a personal best in the playoffs. I'm not happy about that -3, though. I'm a defenseman. Alas, we're an aggressive team, and we're going to give some up.

<!--QuoteBegin-Avakael@Nov 20 2017, 06:07 AM

<a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>MWHazard</a> - despite being one of the youngest players on Winnipeg, this is actually your third trip to the Challenge Cup finals. Do you think this kind of experience will matter, even compared to the much longer careers of some of your teammates?
[/quote]

It helps, for sure. It made winning feel even sweeter, because I'd come up short twice already. To come back against the same team that beat me in similar fashion in S35 feels pretty sweet.

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

Big Manious is easily the unsung hero for the Jets, not just this season but every season! He is constantly on the cusp looking in. He did everything right again in season 37 posting 32 points and a +15. Yeah whats so special about that? Well nothing expect he constantly is good bordering on great EVERY year!

He does all the little things and he does them right every night. That is my unsung hero, a guy who is seldom in the spotlight but always a positive on the score sheet. Your average player dosnt block over a shot a game, or do they have almost 3 hits a game.

He may not be the guy the fans pay to see but he sure is the one who makes sure the same fans are buying tickets after the regular season has ended! All these little things combine into what we know as Big Manious!

TASK THREE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

TASK FIVE: Design a signature for one of the players in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, player name, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a> do you feel that at 640 TPE you are helping or hindering your team?
<a href='index.php?showuser=184' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>Chris-McZehrl</a> how would you like your balls handed to you if you win?
<a href='index.php?showuser=97' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>jason97</a> my how you have grown. What do you contribute your players longevity on?

TASK SEVEN: Pick a player from each team and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S37. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least five statistics for each player.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S37 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

[Image: 2ynfocw.png]

TASK FIVE: Design a signature for one of the players in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, player name, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

[Image: rhn1ar.png]

[Image: QfCkq.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

TASK ONE:
The most important of the playoffs for the Toronto North Stars was the game 5 versus Wet Kendell Platoon, in West Kendell.
It was a crucial game because, the Platoon just came of an impressive win in game 4 with the score of 6-4 in Toronto. This game gave the confidence that they can overcome the 3-1 deficit in this series, and they got the players to do so. Plus, SHL is notoriously known for 3-1 comebacks, and the North Stars know this full well as they suffered similar comebacks couple of times already.
The Platoon are not only the team in form, but they also play in front of their crowd. If the North Stars want their fairy tail to continue, they need to win this game, or they probably would lose the series. The veteran Kristian Eriksson took the matter into his own hand, and scored first goal of the game just after 3mins of play and scored the insurance goal to ensure a ticket for the final. Veteran leadership of Eriksson and the others in the team, played an essential role in this crucial game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final.

TASK TWO:
There are numerous heroes in this playoff. One that comes to my mind is the rookie Jack Hansen of the Toronto North Stars.
He accumulated 5 points, +9 and 18 blocked shots, second amongst all the North Stars defenders. He has been a revelation this season, as not many expected him to perform like he is doing. He may be a rookie, but he is playing a matured game and is handling life outside the rink pretty well. He is averaging 27 minutes a game this playoff and is one of the main reason why Toronto is enjoying success this post season. He should definitely win the Jesster trophy, as no other rookie impacted the team the way Hansen is. He is playing against the best players around the league and performing immensely well.
For all the reason, Jack Hansen is my unsung hero this playoff. Plus, he is a great locker room guy.

TASK THREE:
[Image: HyFC9ZL.jpg]

TASK SIX:
<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> After playing for 13 seasons, what is the most cherished memory?
<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a> This is your first season at helm, did you ever thought this team was capable of reaching the Champion Cup final?
<a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a> You won the Four Star Cup, and now you have a chance to lift the Champion Cup. Any thoughts on that?

TASK ONE:

The North Stars are once again entering the Challenge Cup Finals, and they’ve obviously had several key wins in order to gain them this spot. But for the most important game, we’re going all the way back to the first round, in their matchup against the Minnesota Chiefs. After losing two games in a row, the Chiefs were up 2-1 on the North Stars, forcing them to answer or be threatened with an elimination game at home.

The game turned into a resounding win by Toronto. The scoring opened with two goals by the North Stars, one by Marc-Andre Malkin and one by Dane Rowe. In the second period, Damien Wert and Teddy Kesler each scored. Minnesota managed a single goal -- late, from Terrance Nova. Even more encouraging, Mark Harter posted a 0.960 save percentage, thoroughly touncing the Chiefs’ offense. So, why was this game so important? It’s really quite simple: by digging themselves out of an early series deficit with such a convincing victory, the North Stars gained significant momentum going forward. Being down to the Chiefs was like a shock to the team’s system, and after two games in which they simply played sloppy, being able to resuscitate both their offense and defense was crucial. In the second round, they only surrendered a single game, and remained competitive even in their loss.

TASK TWO:

For the ‘unsung’ hero of the playoffs, we’re going to go with Damien Wert. He hasn’t had the most flashy stint in the playoffs, but he’s been extremely solid and has recorded important goals for the North Stars throughout -- 6, to be specific. On top of it, he’s had at least something of a physical edge with 15+ hits in the series, and he’s been a ‘plus’ the entire time. But what makes him an unsung hero, and Travis Kudleychuk could fit into this category as well, is that he’s been playing relatively fair minutes. Once upon a time, nearly 23 minutes would be a tremendous total for a forward, but compared to Winnipeg on the opposite end of the ice, Wert is being played very sparingly.

In a match-up which is pitting a team that almost sickeningly overplays its top forwards against a team that has a more balanced approach, it really has to be one of the players on the latter team who have less of a chance to pad their stat totals, and have to make do with what ice-time they get. For that reason, Damien Wert is Toronto’s unsung hero -- with an honourable mention for Travis Kudleychuk, who’s managed more offensive production than him (but with it, more accolades).

TASK FOUR:

Both teams are fairly strong, but it’s pretty clear looking between them that the North Stars are the weaker of the two teams. Although Toronto can boast the excellent play of Kudleychuk, Rhys and Wert, along with the always-solid defensive play of Cynthia Taylor on the back end, the Winnipeg Jets have far more firepower overall with the likes of Don Pellegrino, leading the playoffs in goals, Luke Fleming whose playmaking prowess puts him in competition with Kudleychuk, along with names like Evans and Visser. Additionally, with six of their forwards playing over 25 minutes a game, including one averaging nearly 30, the Jets have pushed the limits of endurance to the point of exploitation and are able to in effect multiply the players they have. Thus, their roster plays as if it’s deeper than it is. Yes, this is something that needs to be addressed, but one can hardly blame Winnipeg for doing the smart thing whilst it’s allowed.

Going back to the regular season, the Jets showcased their offensive prowess with 172 goals for on the season, contrasted to 169 for the North Starts. Although that’s not a significant difference, the defensive benefit of playing your top players almost the entire game in two lines is, as the Jets allowed just 141 goals while the North Stars allowed 169. In effect, the Jets not just bring more firepower to the table (a divide more evident in the playoffs than the regular season), but their strategies allow them a better two-way game. Of course, Toronto brings something that Winnipeg has largely lacked: grit. It’s underrated by most, and overrated by a couple, but Toronto has a tendency to block more shots and land more hits than the Jets, coming third in shots blocked and mid-bottom in hits (while the Jets were died for second-last in hits). If grinders really win cups, Toronto has a fighting chance -- but they are, indisputably, fighting an uphill battle against Winnipeg and their potent strategy.

TASK SIX:

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> You've reached the end of your player's career. Looking back, are you happy you built your player the way you did? If you could do it over again, would you still opt the 40-scoring two-way slash defensive style you've gone with, or done a more conventional 10-20 point spread between scoring and passing?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1571' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>damienj10</a> Your player really came alive after leaving West Kendall, culminating in being part of Toronto's first cup victory and now you're competing for its second. Do you think that you would have been able to reach this position with your old team if you'd been given the same ice-time? Or another way of getting at the same question, why do you think you click so well with Toronto as a regular season and playoff performer?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-52'>Winter is Coming</a> This will be your last season with Toronto. Are you happy with your player's career knowing you have a chance to go out winning not one, but two cups with the most cursed team in the league?

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

TASK ONE:

The most important game so far the Season 37 SHL playoffs for the Winnipeg Jets is easily the Game 7 contest in the second round against the Seattle Riot. The Riot were the top seed in the West going into this matchup and after 6 hard fought games, these teams still decided nothing. Seattle had home ice advantage, but it would not matter. After trading goals in the first period, Winnipeg took over in the second. Corey Bearss would score to put the Jets up 2-1, but not soon after Seattle would tally twice to take a 3-2 lead. Bearss would score two more goals in 1:10 to complete the hat trick and give Winnipeg a 4-3 lead they would never relinquish. Zach Evans scored his 6th of the season and despite Seattle’s 6 shots in the third period, they wouldn’t score again. Winnipeg would celebrate on the Riot’s home ice as they won the Western Conference and with it, a spot in the finals. Clearly this game is important to the Jets since if they didn’t win it, they’d be out of the playoffs instead of battle for the cup. (191)

TASK TWO:

So far, in these playoffs, my vote for the unsung hero isn’t usually someone you’d consider “unsung”. Cynthia Taylor of the Toronto North Stars is, sadly, going into her final season, and she’s going out with a bang. While the former North Stars GM isn’t the player she used to be, she’s been putting everything on the line this offseason. She ranks third in the playoffs for hits with 37. She’s all over the place in the defensive zone for Toronto, getting her body in front of shots, blocking 21 of them. That is also good for third in the playoffs. On top of playing so physically, she’s been able to keep herself out of the penalty box as well, only having 7 PIMs so far. Granted, she’s only scored three points so far, with a goal and two assists, but her defensive play is helping carry the North Stars to another cup final, and potentially their second in three seasons! (161)

TASK FOUR:

The S37 Challenge Cup Finals give us the Winnipeg Jets against the Toronto North Stars. But the question is, who’s the favorite here? The Jets were the second seed in the Western Conference, which was home to a bit tougher competition than the Eastern Conference, even with Edmonton and San Francisco in there. They scored 172 goals and allowed 141. The North Stars finished 3rd in the weaker conference, scoring 169 goals, but they also allowed 169 as well. And I think that’s where we can really determine who’s the favorite. I would say that based on their better defense as a team, the Winnipeg Jets are going to be considered the favorites, while the Toronto North Stars are the underdogs. The goaltenders give a slight edge to Winnipeg as well. Berger (WIN) had a .908 Save percentage to go along with a 2.69 GAA. Harter in Toronto wasn’t as good this season, going .899 and 3.10 himself. Toronto is only two seasons removed from winning the Cup. They have the pedigree. Winnipeg is more talented offensively, but one has to wonder if they can keep it all up after a grueling seven game series against Seattle. While the Jets are the favorites, its closer than it looks. (208)

TASK SIX:

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a>: Visser, how is it possible that you've passed every single drug test in your SHL Career?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a>: How much longer do you have before you decide to retire the amazing Luke Fleming?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a>: Evans, what will potentially winning the Challenge Cup mean to you?

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I would say game 1 of the Western Conference Finals was a crucial game for the Winnipeg Jets in getting to the finals. The game set the tone for the series and gave them good momentum for the rest of the series. In the West Finals they faced off against the Seattle Riot who had a dominant regular season and were the favorites coming into the playoffs. In the first game, the Jets matched the Riot’s two-way game and proved that their star players could play large minutes to keep up with the Riot depth as the Jets won the game 3-1 to start off the series strong. Impressive highlights for the Jets that game included 1) shutting down the Riot’s offensive stars such as Kylrad and Lloren 2) playing a disciplined game and only taking 1 penalty (an interference penalty taken by Corey Bearss)3) an impressive outing by retiring goalie Lukas Berger who stopped 35 out of 36 shots.

The top players for the Toronto North Stars have been excellent this post-season! One player who has been solid and has gone under the radar for them is rookie Jack Hansen. He has been excellent defensively and has been playing more than 26 minutes a night. He is second on his team in plus/minus with a +9 in 10 games (only trailing behind star defenseman Zander Rhys who has a +10). Additionally, he has contributed 5 assists which have set up some key goals! His most impressive stat however might just be his shot blocking. He has blocked 18 shots in 10 games which is more than Zander Rhys who has 12 and Marc-Andre Malkin who has 14. If Hansen continues his stellar play, the Toronto North Stars have a good chance at the cup this season as well as many future seasons to come as Hansen continues to develop his game!

I would say that the Winnipeg Jets come into the SHL Finals as the favourites, meaning that the Toronto North Stars come in as the underdogs. The Jets finished second in the west with 65 points. They also led the league in Goals for with 3.44 per game as well as in shots for per game with 35.92 per game. Simply put they are a dominant offensive team. They also were extremely disciplined only taking 5.18 penalty minutes per game. The Toronto North Stars on the other hand finished 3rd in the east with 54 points and wouldn’t have made the playoffs if they were in the west. However, they are also a strong team which I think can hang with Winnipeg. They were also very disciplined averaging 5.32 penalty minutes per game (2nd behind Winnipeg). They were also 3rd in the league in goals for and on power play percentage. Ultimately, if they get momentum on their side, they can hang with Winnipeg offensively.

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a> – I believe Kristian Eriksson has spent his entire career with Toronto. Did you ever consider leaving at hopes for a cup elsewhere before Toronto won their first cup?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2038' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>TheLastOlympian07</a> – How would it feel to win a cup in your last season and how happy have you been with Berger’s career?

@Chris-McZehrl – Who is better Chris McZ or VLAD Mcz?

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

TASK ONE: The most important game for the Winnipeg Jets was definitely game 4 against the Seattle Riot. My reason for this is because they were playing the President's Trophy winners from this season, and while many people had them in as "underdogs because they're Seattle and unstable", you can't quite do that. Especially not with Simon Tremblay's state of the art software running this place. You just never know. If Winnipeg had won that game, they could've stormed into the Finals quick things, but nah they lost and gave Seattle a chance. Thus, going to a game 7 after eventually losing a couple. I think game 4 also was a nice game in terms of they played hockey real well. Yup, they did a great job of skating and shooting 30 shots on goal and 4 goals is nothing to scoff at. Definitely good work there by all of the Jets players.

TASK TWO: With an outstanding record of 12-3-3, a .914 save percentage and a 2.75 goals against average, I'd have to say Lukas Berger is the unsung hero for the hockey team known as the Winnipeg Jets. He's had a very long history of sucking, as I ask him in the question portion of this submission. Because of this history, I was so shocked that he carried his team past the Seattle Riot. He honestly carried them in some games, and looked more like a brick fuckin wall than an SHL goalie. Like what the crap, he really could have been an Olympian. He certainly made our main boi Abdeezy, also known as Michael McFadden, look like a heap of trash. I think that with Winnipeg's tendancy....or honestly, technique, at this point of overplaying their stars, Berger's star status gets a bit lost in the mix. So, here's my shout out to the man.

TASK FOUR: If I had to choose, and this PT is kind of making me, I'd have to say the Winnipeg Jets were the favourites, going into action. This means, the Toronto North Stars would have been the underdogs. Let's take a quick look at stats, shall we? Winnipeg is clearly overpowering Toronto in the number of goals they score. An even four goals per game vs Toronto's 3.17, that's not even close. Even when goals against per game is factored in, Winnipeg takes the cake. Winnipeg is also fielding a very ridiculous 23.08% powerplay rate. That's similar to the President's Trophy regular season from the Seattle Riot, you just can't stop that. It's impossible, Simon T is going to make you go short handed, and you're going to get shit on from these guys almost a quarter of the time. The real enemy is Simon Tremblay. Winnipeg has a better shot comparison, better faceoffs, and overall there's just no way Toronto gets out of this alive.

TASK SIX:
<a href='index.php?showuser=2038' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>TheLastOlympian07</a>: Berger has had a long career of mediocrity. How did you manage to turn it around this season?

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a>: Where does playing in the Finals rank in terms of best moments in your entire career?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1571' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>damienj10</a>: Which team do you prefer, Toronto or WKP?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

1:
The most important game for Toronto, in my opinion, was game 4 against Minnesota. I personally had Minnesota pegged as the Eastern team likely to make the Challenge Cup final, and as clear favourites over Toronto in the first round. Toronto won the first game of that series, but Minnesota won the next two. As a result, game 4 was crucial if Toronto wanted any realistic chance of winning that series.

Luckily for them, Toronto absolutely came out swinging, and took total control of the game- 4 goals to 0 in the first two periods. Minnesota had swung hard the entire game, and did manage to eventually score a goal with a minute left to go; but they ran out of juice for the 3rd period, with only 5 shots on goal compared to the 20 in the previous two.

Losing this game would have left Toronto down 3 games to 1, and requiring 2 victories in St Paul to advance (extremely unlikely); tying the series at 2 games each gave them a fighting chance.

2:
Probably the hero getting the least attention thus far these playoffs would be veteran goaltender Mark Harter. Mark Harter is definitely an old man- playing in what must almost certainly be his final series, and probably his final games outside of another go around in the IIHF. His team has been the clear underdogs in every series thus far, against Minnesota, West Kendall and Winnipeg (all very strong in the regular season). He himself has also been the underdog against opposing goaltenders he has faced; Robert Andersson and Matt Lewis-Flood are retiring as well, but are considered much more skilled than Mark Harter is, and Lukas Berger is still in his prime.

However, Mark Harter is 100% standing on his head. Only McFadden with Seattle's non-existent D core had faced more shots than him by the middle of the second round (368 to 305), and yet Harter has chugged along with a 0.925 save percentage, which was the equal strongest of the goaltenders that were still in the hunt at the time. If Toronto wins the cup, it'll be because Mark Harter dragged them over the line one last time.

4:
The clear favourite for this series has to be Winnipeg. At least, that's what I assumed before I first went and looked at the stats for the teams over the regular season. Now that I have those stats in front of me, I'm not so sure. Winnipeg's offensive production has led the league this season; 172 goals over 50 games.. However, Toronto managed to score 169 goals as well. The North Stars only just snuck into the Eastern conference playoffs, so they went under the radar a bit.

Winnipeg had 32 wins to Toronto's 25, but it's worth noting there that Winnipeg had Edmonton and San Francisco in their division to wail on; there were no teams that were truly bad in the Eastern conference this season; even Hamilton still managed 21 wins.

Finally, when you look at the 2 games that Winnipeg and Toronto played against each other in the regular season, there's a dead heat. 1 win each, with 9 goals to Toronto and 8 to Winnipeg, as well as 72 SOG to Toronto and 73 SOG to Winnipeg. This probably explains the fact that the series has gone to 7 games much better than I thought it would; I had been expecting Winnipeg to crush Toronto.

6:
<a href='index.php?showuser=1478' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Bonk</a> - Do you believe this is the last chance that Big Manious has at a cup before he retires, or will he reach the Challenge Cup finals again?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>MWHazard</a> - despite being one of the youngest players on Winnipeg, this is actually your third trip to the Challenge Cup finals. Do you think this kind of experience will matter, even compared to the much longer careers of some of your teammates?

@Jets in general - Which player on Toronto do you consider to be the single biggest threat to your Challenge Cup run?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]