Create Account

S38 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 06:36 PM by King.)

<center>[Image: 2efkc9h.png]
Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread (S38)

Hey prospects!! Interested in joining the Halifax Raiders? Just fill out this quick questionnaire and let us know a little more about you.

But before we get to know you, we'll tell you a little bit about our organization. We are coming off one of our best seasons in the Season 30's era of the SMJHL, We recently went to the cup finals and lost in 6 games to the Vancouver Whalers, despite finishing second in the regular season, only back of first by 2 points. We also just had one of our best career regular seasons to date, but fell short in the playoffs. The Raiders has still been one of the best teams in the league over the past 6 seasons. In S30, we won the Four Star Cup for the second time in franchise history (the most among S25 expansion teams). In S31, we made it all the way back to the Finals, but lost to the Kelowna Knights. And in S32 and S33, we won the President's Trophy, and lost in the Eastern Conference Finals. But enough about us, we'd love to learn more about you. Just answer these simple questions:

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season?

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself.

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood??

9. Favorite NHL team?

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion?

Thank you so much guys, and I'm sure we'll be in touch with many of you as draft day approaches! Smile

raiders #RaiderNation raiders </center>

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Max Poulin

I’m looking to have some fun while working together to go for the cup. I want to feel like I’m with Family while winning it all.

This is going to be hard in a class of legends but damn I’m going to try. I took on the tire fire of Portland when there was crisis situation. I face challenges head on and I’ll rise to it.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

I live in the discord.

Start small and work my way up. All I ask is fourth pairing as a rookie.

I can deal with any kind of situation as long as it’s active. I want to be successful but honestly, as long as the people with you are active, you can survive anything.

I’ve skied in five countries! So I can handle kind of terrain.

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood??

I will donate blood but that’s because I must as a citizen of the world.

9. Favorite NHL team?

Penguins.

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion?

3-5. Y’all are nice and great from my previous time in juniors. But like you’re not rivals with my old team. Annoying to play against but also I like the alumni I know there.

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

Karno Grönkjær, Defense

Active LR and a chill home until I get drafted to SHL

Experience, Graphics knowledge

That is fine, sometimes preferred

Not important at all

Active locker room

I'm late for work but writing all this out anyways.

It would be my honour

9. Favorite NHL team?

Philadelphia

2-3 range

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

Karsten Kadinger / Left Wing

A fun place to play where my player can eventually grow into a top six role. A good team atmosphere is important.

To be honest, there are a lot of really excellent prospects already. I'd like to say I'm pretty consistent and I think that Kadinger will excel once he's given the chance, but this is already shaping up to be a really stacked class and I don't know if I can fairly hype myself up over some of the bigger-name recreates out there. Maybe the degree to which I'm going to focus on goal-scoring and defense over passing will differentiate my player.

Yeah, I'm cool with discord.

It's important, but within reason. I'm happy to play a secondary role in the bottom six as long as it takes to develop, just as long as I have a role and am part of the team. I really just don't want to be one of those 6 minute per game actives we see a lot of on SHL teams that double-shift most of their top players.

I like to win, but I like to like where I'm playing. I think they go hand in hand because active locker rooms help drive activity and all that. If I have to pick one, it's to have a good LR, since that keeps the league fun moreso than seeing W's on a spreadsheet.

I dunno. I'm feuding with a library, does that count?

Sure. No guarantee that they're my own organs/blood though.

9. Favorite NHL team?

Colorado Avalanche

Top 5. My draft rankings will fluctuate a lot because I really haven't been in any of the SMJHL LRs except for St. Louis, but it's a team I'd love to be on.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Jim Elliot, Defense.

Just a good group of people who enjoy what they do. Feedback, recommendations for stat placements, etc. Never played D before.

This class is looking to be stacked. I started early to get a leg up but it doesn't look like that is going to matter. This one looks crazy. What sets me apart? I had a pretty good record in Montreal. I'm dedicated, I'm sticking around.

I'm good with that.

It is what it is. I don't expect to be starting any time soon. I'll play as much or as little as you need me to.

Both are important but it's more fun to win with an active locker room.

I hate bees.

I can't donate blood due to my country of origin. We'll see about the organs, maybe one I can spare.

9. Favorite NHL team?
Capitals

I don't know anyone on the team so I'd put you in the 3-6 area. I'd be happy to play here though.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Paddy O'Sullivan, LW

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? Everything

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? nothing :(

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? Yup

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Yes

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? Active LR

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. Im a ginger

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood?? he can have my organ its not even tuned properly, just collecting dust in m,y basement

9. Favorite NHL team? leaves

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? 10.125

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Liam O'Callaghan - Defence

I want the LR to be a fun place really. Winning is also nice I guess.

My wonderful baking skills.

I have converted to Discord in the past year so yes.

I value the team success over my own so play me where it makes sense to.

Active LR is the most important.

I'm pretty boring but my low key superpower is guessing things.

No. He had a good run and should go down in a blaze of glory.

9. Favorite NHL team?
Edmonton Oilers

I don't really have a preference right now. I haven't followed the SMJHL in some time.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?Mikhail Petrikov-Defense

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?An active locker room, and a winning mindset

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?I make pretty cool jerseys.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? Totally

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Not that important, I understand that there are better players than me.

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?I'd honestly like a blend of both.

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I'm the oldest person in my college's marching band.

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood??If our blood types matched, yeah. I mean, I'm not going to have a kidney removed if its not compatable...

9. Favorite NHL team? Blackhawks

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? I haven't really looked into the teams lately, so I can't give you an accurate number.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

OM - Defence
Ships.
Probably not much tbh. Experience ?
Sure, I use both.
Ill take what i can get.
Active LR. Active LR leads to winning.
I graduate from uni in 4 months?
No sir.
9. Favorite NHL team?
Edm
No opinion. Havent done any research on the juny teams in a long time.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Player name is Niklas Mueller and I'm a right-handed defenseman.
I'm just looking to have a fun time with this, but any playing time or championships are a bonus.
Not much, although as of now I plan to be decently active.
Yes, I use discord frequently.
It's not crucial, but it's a nice bonus.
An active locker room. I'd rather enjoy my teammates and lose than hate my teammates and win.
I was on TV during the intermission of a Ducks game because my mom named a hotdog at the Honda Center.
No.
9. Favorite NHL team?
The Penguins

Tony Snow, RW

Good leadership, patience with players.

Not sure about the other crop, but I just finished my first player's career, and I was very team first during the entire duration.

Yeah, I don't mind.

Not very.

That's a good question. Probably an active locker room.

My last character was bad for a while, but in his 4th SMJHL season he won the scoring title, as well as the Ideen Fallah and Raymond Lindsay awards.

How many extra minutes would I get? Does it depend on how much blood?

9. Favorite NHL team?

Pittsburgh Penguins

You're part of a 7 way tie for 2nd. Not a huge drop between 1 and 2 either.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Friedrich Schmidt, Goalie

I'm looking for a team that wants to develop its players and hold itself to a winning mindset whilst doing so.

I'm a team player. If that means sitting so the team can win, so be it.

I'm okay with that.

Playing time is extremely important, but it's not a 100% absolute deal breaker.

An active locker room.

I'm not sure why I wrote this at 2 AM.

I dunno, would it help the team win?

9. Favorite NHL team?

New York Islanders

I'd say between 4 and 6. I would really just be happy to play anywhere.

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Gary Grease, defenseman

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? Glory

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I am 7'7 and 350+ pounds!

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? I would prefer that to be honest, I find discord much more convenient than traditional forums!

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Obviously I'd like to be playing big minutes, but if there are better guys on the team I'd happily play behind them.

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? Active locker room

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba!

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood?? nahhh

9. Favorite NHL team? Winnipeg Jets

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? 1, you guys seem like a powerhouse that I'd love to play for!

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Thanks! Brady McIntyre - Defense

A team with a manager(s) that is fine with helping out the players it drafts. I'm new to this whole SHL thing, might need some help figuring some stuff out.

I put a big emphasis on being defensively sound while being able to skate the puck and make solid passes in real life as a defensemen, I'm planning on allocating TPE in a way that'll simulate that way as well. Additionally, you'll find that when I get involved in something like this, I stay active, so if you draft me you'll have a defensemen that will be a part of your franchise for many seasons to come.

Yep, I'm active daily on another discord server already, wouldn't mind adding another to the list.

Unless you're Connor McDavid I doubt most players willbe getting top minutes their rookie season in juniors, especially when a team has just made the finals. So honestly until I am a more developed player I'm fine with staying within my role as a rookie. But the goal is obviously to be an impact player.

An active locker room. Trust The Process is a phrase I hold dear. An active locker room will lead to success, success without an active locker room will lead to disappointment down the line.

I'm a captain for my university's inline hockey team. Switched from ice to inline due to money and it's an awesome time.

I already donate blood like twice a year, organs on the other hand....

9. Favorite NHL team?
Detroit Red Wings, Calgary Flames 2nd

1. A team that was the runner ups has something to prove and a winning culture. That's something I want to be a part of.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

LW - DeMaricus Smyth

I am looking to develop and become a solid force on both ends of the ice and hopefully that translates to team accomplishments along the way.

I am a 6'2" 197lbs Left Winger from Blansko, Czech Republic. I am looking to be a strong prospect, develop and dominate on my way to making history with the franchise that chooses to draft me. I am hoping that I can learn the system and be a team player.

I already use discord for some other aspects of my life, so I have no issue using it here as well.

Playing time is something that is earned, by hard work. It is something that I am not going to demand, only earn.

Team Success is more important to me because it automatically makes the locker room more enjoyable place.

My entire life revolves around hockey and it is a bit obsessive.

It would depend upon which organ he required and blood is always replaceable in my body. I just hope he would do so if anyone else ever came into that situation.

9. Favorite NHL team?
My Favorite NHL team is the Colorado Avalanche. Believe in the MacK Daddy.

Probably closer to #5 or 6, solely based upon last seasons Semi-final finish.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]