Create Account

Rose turns focus to draft

[Image: troy-brouwer-playoff-loss.jpg]
The Falcons' heads hang low as the Impact celebrate their victory in game 6.

It was a depressing finish for the Falcons after having an amazing season and being the favourites for the Four Stars Cup. They were eliminated in the second round by the Montral Impact in 6 games.

Captain of the Falcons, Jamie Rose, had a few words to say on the matter;

"What went wrong? It was that damn Danielson jinxing us by guaranteeing the Cup to us. He did it last year and it didn't work out and he just had to do it again this year. Just kidding, but I still like to bug him about it. Obviously the suspension of Gabriel Johansen, our top defenseman, hurt us a lot, and I'm pretty upset with him as he could have avoided it no problem. But I'm not going to make excuses, I failed the team as captain. I wasn't leading by example and I played horrid defensively not being able to shut down the top line, which I should have been able to as that's the strong point of my game. I am disappointed in myself and feel that had I played better, we could be in the finals right now."

Rose finished the playoffs with average stats. During the regular season she potted 12 goals, 27 assists for 39 points in 40 games. She dominated the physical game leading the league in hits and was an outstanding +23, only beat by linemate Nate Mercer who was a +24. Faceoffs were a strong point to her game as well, finishing the season winning 58% of draws. In the playoffs she followed the trend of about a point per game notching 1 goal, 11 assists in the 12 games and again was lights out in the faceoff circle winning 64% of draws. What changed noticeably was the +/- category where she went -1, hits dropped way off and she recorded half of the PIM she got in the regular season in 70% less games.

"During the regular season I played exactly what I needed to do in the playoffs, wore down the other teams with my physical game and shut them down defensively, only problem was I couldn't do that in the playoffs. I started hitting less because I was afraid to be out of position and they would strike but then they would over power us offensively anyways. I got frustrated and took stupid penalties. Not happy with how I played at all, and I'll be focusing on that this off-season. With all that being said, I have two good friends on the Impact in Ragnarsson and Kuystad so it stung even more to lose, but I wish them the best of luck and I'll be rooting for them in the finals!"

That's all in the past now, Rose says as the focus is on the upcoming draft which is being held tonight. With the league going draft crazy and mock drafts being released it seems as though she is ranked in the last half of the first round.

We were able to sit down with Jamie for a quick interview about the draft:

Interview Hey Jamie, how are you feeling today?

A bit nervous, excited, just about every feeling you can have! Not as much as my first draft but it's still pretty nerve racking!

Interview Any idea where you're going?

Noo idea. I've had a few teams show interest in me and that makes me happy that teams want me to play for them, but I'm still not sure where exactly I'll end up.

Interview Do you have your preferences?

Obviously, every player does. But there's more teams that I'd be happy to go to than not. I can really only think of one team that I wouldn't be the most thrilled about but I'll be happy to be drafted either way and I'm sure I'll come to love wherever that is.

Interview So you won't hold out or ask for a trade based on which team it is?

Absolutely not, I don't believe in that and if I'm not happy where I am I'll hold out until I'm a free agent and can choose where I want to go. I'll play my best and give it my all. There's only one scenario I can think of that I would be tempted to move.

Interview And that is?

Well as you know I've had some bad run ins with some players, Tyler Edwards was a pretty public one so it would be a poor choice to stick us on the same team. Another player that I've had troubles with is Jarrko Vatinnen, from the same country but I just don't like the guy.

Interview Why is that?

A few reasons that I'll keep to myself, but if drafted to the same team as him I would not be happy and that would be a huge discouragement in playing for them. I mean I still don't think I'd ask for a trade or refuse to sign but I just would not be happy.

Interview Well it's an interesting story, we'll see how it goes tonight and good luck!

Thanks a bunch!

Angry

Cum to Manhattan.

We love Jamie Rose here in Calgary!

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@Dec 30 2011, 02:45 PM
Cum to Manhattan.
dat dere innuendo

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Dec 30 2011, 11:45 AM

dat dere innuendo
B)

Quote:Originally posted by vatty@Dec 30 2011, 01:42 PM
Angry

I don't see how you could blame her... Tongue

I think Vatty and Rose are both top 10 picks, so there's a fair chance they'll be on separate teams anyway.

Looking forward to the draft. Good luck all!

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Dec 30 2011, 12:26 PM
I think Vatty and Rose are both top 10 picks, so there's a fair chance they'll be on separate teams anyway.

Looking forward to the draft. Good luck all!
this

Great read! Always love reading Jamie's Articles!

Article looks great and that picture always make me smile :D

Good luck in the draft, love watching those things and seeing who is the next Chief Smile

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 30 2011, 03:30 PM
Article looks great and that picture always make me smile  :D

Good luck in the draft, love watching those things and seeing who is the next Chief  Smile

Ouuu me me pick me oh wait om a Chief already Smile good luck jamie and all other draters

West Kendall