Create Account

Bob Ross Academy - Welcome Students!

<div align="center">
[Image: m8bZ3h3.png]

WELCOME STUDENTS!

Below I have graded your signatures, you will find the list of accepted students to the Bob Ross Academy at the bottom. For those who did not make it, DO NOT be discouraged!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1787' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>TML99</a>
[Image: Y10o74u.png]

Your Grade: [Image: KHtCdDJ.png?1] /10
Comments: I like the Jersey Change and the logo looks good but the logo is extremely high on his jersey. It looks like the scarecrow's hat is strangling Shanny. I'm sure you placed it high enough so you can see the logo change but it should be a little smaller and lower on his chest. Background is okay, I do like the yellow detail in the brick. The logo however is off floating around like Sandra in Gravity. I would recommend if you want to have the logo, Make it a little larger so it's behind the text and render, Lower it's opacity to around 50% to 30% play with it. It just doesn't feel connected. I do like how it's made to look like it was painted on the brick though. Now lets get to the text... While it's not the worst thing I've seen, it looks as if it's on the top layer and so the stark black on a little washed out (more on that later) sig it stands out and doesn't feel connected to the sig, like its film on gravy. Generally a good tip is text should be within one or two layers from the render and then build the sig around it. Text shouldn't be the last layer. Now about it being a bit washed out, it's a bit bright and the dark areas need to be brought out more. Play with the Curves and Level adjustments layers to get a nice balance between the brightness and darkness.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2012' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>Jepox</a>
[Image: VOFD10T.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: NEksv2O.png?1] /10
Comments: Solid sig however like your fellow applicant above it's pretty washed out and the render looks like a ghost fading into the background. Bring him to life! Either you lowered the opacity or you put a bunch of stocks to build the sig over him and set to lighten or screen. He's faded out and the render is one of the most important parts of the sig. Text is nice but looks like it's maybe 4 to 5 layers above the render and its in too much detail. it's the first thing I look at. Nice job changing the yellow to red on the jersey though. I also urge you to play around with Curves and Levels to get a better balance between the lights and darks.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1652' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>Pandar</a>
[Image: YgJwmdU.png]

Your Grade: [Image: Jth1LBL.png?1] / 10
Comments: I actually really like this sig. I like the coloring and the text is simple but this sig doesn't need anything flashy. The render looks a little overblended into the background but it's not too bad. I like that he's big in the sig and he brings alot of intensity. I don't have too much to say cause I do think this is a great sig, good job!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2364' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>iOBESE</a>
[Image: Hockey_Veins.png]

Your Grade: [Image: UuYQoK5.png?1] /10
Comments: I actually really like this sig! it's different and I can dig it. However I think the #14 is a bit out there and disconnected with the rest of the sig. Maybe bring it closer to the text touching the O and I'd suggest changing the color to make it, it's own text but connected with the rest so maybe instead of make it the red from the player's socks? also I would suggest doing the same with your players name to connect the two color wise and to give your players name some prominence. Render looks sick though. I would say lose the border as well.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1766' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>karlssens</a>
[Image: 287CR80.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: xkFXV8w.png?1] /10
Comments: Good start. Render is large.. but he's bland and doesn't pop out, he's noticeable because he's just big in the sig. Text looks like it was adjusted to hug the top right corner which is a big no from me. Text should always be touching the render to give some cohesiveness to the two. Right now it looks like a fancy index card. In my opinion loose the hurricane? tumbleweed? snowflake? icon or... make it smaller, lose the stroke, make more of them like maybe 12 across so i'm talking small. Hit it to color dodge and add a couple lines of them and set it behind the text, maybe 80% opacity.. if that doesn't look good lose em imo. Background looks good though I'd just like to see a little more to this sig. Add some texture or some white speck stock to add some depth. Whats the canvas size? I'd suggest normal sig size would 400x200 or 400x150. I like unique dimension sigs but this isn't one. It's large and theres a lot dead space, I feel another gravity reference but I'm too baked to think about it.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1959' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-63'>dankoa</a>
[Image: i1qtjsR.png]

Your Grade: [Image: UF2ZRAB.png?1] /10
Comments: I really like it this and this is right in your wheelhouse in style. Smooth as fuck and bright, a lot like Frank but not as lazy as he is lol. Render looks great, Light is a bit bright on his visor and I would tone it down a bit. I love the text as it's clean and fit in the sig well. I gotta give you a little shit for not changing the green to silver on his jersey arm.. it's super easy to do and while it's small it's the little changes that make the sig. Quick Selection Tool that armband (and green band around shoulder logos), copy and paste it into a new layer + another layer, Brush 100% black over the armband (plus the green band around the shoulder logos), clipping mask that bitch and set it to color. Boom you got a jersey change that fits the team. It's a badass sig though and while I know you're looking to get some new style ideas I would implore you to take some time and just google some different artwork like styles and just emulate them into a sig or just use art or branding you see in your daily life.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a>
[Image: XOAXJe6.png]

Comments: I actually really dig this sig as well. I like the blue and the white jersey contrast. Render looks solid and placed well. The Blue Triangle on the right bottom stands out a little too much... maybe hit it with some Gaussian blur like 1.5 or a little more play with it. Text is the low point in this sig and while it's not bad.. it's just the low point compared to everything else Rule of thumb is either all letters are caps or all are lower case. I'd say in the character menu for text hit the small caps button and you're set. I like the subtext design with the dots and the logo change is nice as well. Render effect are solid and overall I like the sig. I would again say play around with the curves and levels to give a little more balance between the lights and darks and also play around the exposure adjustments as well.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a>
[Image: PfH1i0M.jpg]

Comments: The sig is pretty good, the background actually reminds me a lot like the movie poster for the move, The Loft (shitty movie imo but loved the poster design) Render is a bit rough and over contrasted. I do like the shoulder logo change and that's a nice touch. Nice touch with the fade circle pattern into the sig as well. Text is good but I dunno if it's the whole sig or just some disease fading from the render where everything looks a little rough and the text lines are rough. I like the text but it's kinda basic and I wouldn't let the AN in Logan hang over, it looks uneven imo and like it's on the tipping point to go over the side. Maybe add like a number underneath that part to give it something holding it up? Maybe make the Logan a little smaller and bring the whole text up, in my opinion it's tooo close to the bottom edge. I know you dud that to show off the logo change but if you did both sides covering up half of one side of the logo isn't that bad.

These Students have been accepted as the first class of the Bob Ross Academy:

TML99!
Jepox!
iOBESE!
Karlssens!
ToeDragon84!
Symmetrik!

HOMEWORK ALERT!!!!!!!

First Quiz: Color. Make a sig for a SMJHL S38 Draft Prospect. Make sure your focus on the sigs coloring.

Deadline: PM ME your by sig by Wednesday, December 6th 2017 at 11:59PM PST

</div>

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Bummed I don't get to keep going, but I totally understand.

Thanks for the feedback, <a href='index.php?showuser=78' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wasty</a>!

Cheers

Ouuuu nice I made it! I definitely need to go to school Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Oof, I got some work to do. Thanks for comments, I definitely see where you're coming from with your critiques.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Bump

Reminders that homework is due Wednesday

<a href='index.php?showuser=1787' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>TML99</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2012' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jepox</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2364' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>iOBESE</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=1766' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>karlssens</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a>

#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Will be done, but could you explain a little bit more what do you mean with "colours"? Or is it all on us how do we understand it?

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

O I wish I saw the original post of this

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Quote:Originally posted by iOBESE@Dec 3 2017, 05:31 PM
Will be done, but could you explain a little bit more what do you mean with "colours"? Or is it all on us how do we understand it?
Emphasis on use of color within the sig. Lets say you have a render that is a blackhawks player but in the sig there purple or orange and colors that aren't cohesive, that wouldn't be the right use of color. Emphasis on Color so be aware and focused on how the color of the sig gives its energy and design.