Create Account

What happened to Vratislav Zbynek? Where is this prospect now?

<div align="center">Where Are They Know? With your host James Duthie
The following quotes are taken from Michael Farber’s interview with once highly touted Platoon prospect Vratislav Zbynek
</div>

*TSN Studio*

Duthie: “Vratislav Zbynek? What comes to mind when you hear that name? For most people, it’s the word “bust.” After being taken higher than expected in the S34 SHL draft, Vratislav began the descent down a long dark road that would eventually lead to him entering Passages Malibu, a rehabilitation centre located in Malibu California that specializes in drug addiction. Before we get into the depths of the interview he did with our Michael Farber, let’s take a look at some of his backstory.
Hailing from Jihlava, Zbynek was somewhat unknown when he declared for the SMJHL draft. Perhaps that is why he fell to the 18th overall spot, where he was taken by the Colorado Mammoths. It was here that he would play the North American style of hockey for the first time. His first year proved to be a learning curb, as the offensively gifted forward put up a lackluster 6 goals and 14 assists. During his sophomore season though, he would break out. He posted his best season in the SMJHL point wise and and proved himself as a leader both on and off the ice. All of this led to him being named captain of the team for the S35 season. He would lead his team, with the help of best friend Finn Kruger. The two proved to be a deadly force in the league all the way up to their final season in S36. Everything seemed bright for the young forward, until it all went off track.”

*Interview Room*

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-09-07-at-11.11.19-PM.png]

Michael: “What happened that year? People said you were disconnected from the team. That you weren’t the same person. What happened?”

Vratislav: “I don’t know. I mean, I got into some bad stuff with some bad people.”

Michael: “What kind of stuff?”

Vratislav: “Krugs and I went to a party one night, nothing weird, we were normally going to them on extended breaks. We kind of got separated and I couldn’t find him. I just wondered around until I was recognized, a group of guys pulled me over to the side saying all the stuff you’d expect like ‘ahhhhh shit boys! Look who it is!’ I was somewhat used to that by then so I just laughed and said hey. I noticed that there was some sketchy shit on the table, they must've saw my eyes look at the table curiously.”

Michael: “What was on that table?”

Vratislav: “They were doing lines. Someone offered me some, and before I could say no one of his buddies jumped in and said ‘man come one. He’s a fucking hockey player, he’s too big to do this shit.” I have no clue why, but that struck me. I thought to myself that I can do whatever the fuck I want. I did a line, big deal. Well there was a big deal when I ended up texting one of them two days later asking them to hook me up.”

Michael: “Why’d you feel the need to do this? Such a promising future, you had what millions of kids dream of having.”

Vratislav: “I wanted to show that I control me. I’m not a puppet and I wanted to show that. I never thought it would have gotten to the way it was.”

*TSN Studio*

Duthie: “Despite still putting up solid numbers in S36, Vratislav was not himself. His Mammoths would soon be eliminated, and his SMJHL career over. The big move from Colorado to Florida loomed. A star kid with a cocaine addiction. Not a good combination when you’re living on the Miami beach.”

*Interview Room*

Michael: “The move to Florida. How was that? It couldn’t of been a great combination given what happened in Colorado.”

Vratislav: “It was where it got out of hand. After we got eliminated, I went straight to Florida. I planned on training all summer so that I would be ready for the season. Same shit. I go to a party with some of the boys, boom. I thought I left all that addiction shit back in Colorado. Everything snowballed. By the time the season came around I owed money. I owed money. How? Like I’m this kid who at 22 years old had accumulated over 10 million dollars and I was in debt. I didn’t tell anyone. I felt as if I would just get over it eventually. I was fucked my whole rookie season. By the time the end of the season came and I looked back, that’s when I knew. I got scared, I figured I lost everything. I cut all connections with the team, I changed my phone number, changed apartments, I did everything I could to distance myself from not just the team, but from the whole league. I even fired my agent. I told myself I was done with hockey. I was just done.”

*TSN Studio*

Duthie: “Everyone was shocked at Vratislav’s rookie campaign. For such an offensive player to not register a single point is crazy. His future in the league was unknown as West Kendall then began looking to move him and his 3 million cap hit for obvious reasons. Just after the draft, Zbynek was sent from the Platoon to Seattle in a pure cap dump for the Platoon.

*Interview Room*

Michael: “The trade. How’d you find out? Did it change anything in your mindset? In you internal drive? “

Vratislav: “I was at one of my only friend’s place. We were just chilling. He wasn’t a hockey fan whatsoever, which is one of the reasons I liked hanging with him. He was just going through his phone and said ‘You see the trade this morning?’ I looked at him kinda weird and said ‘In what?’ He told me it was in the SHL. I straight up looked at him and said ‘why the fuck would I care?’ he said ‘dude you’re in it.’ My eats sort of perked up when I heard that, I looked at the phone and saw it was true.”

Michael: “How did you react to it? Were you happy, sad, or did you just not care?”

Vratislav: “It woke me up. I thought I would've been a throw in had I ever been traded, but this trade just looked as though a team believed in me. Not to say West Kendall didn’t, but it just showed me that someone saw me and thought ‘there’s a chance.’”

Michael: “What did you do then? This is sort of woke you up?”

Vratislav: “I ignored the text from the GM. He somehow got my number and texted me, I ignored him. Then one of the players texted me, so I ignored him too. I was scared. No one knew about what I was going through. I didn’t tell anyone back in West Kendall. I wanted to get back into my hockey form before I contacted them.”

Michael: “So what did you do to get back into that form?”

Vratislav: “I contacted someone I could trust and just told them everything. I don’t want to name them and have them dragged into this. They aren’t in the sport though. They told me I needed help and helped me check into Malibu. The people there helped me beyond words. They changed me. I had that drive back in me to be the best at what I do. Once I got out I hit the ice and the iron. I wanted to show that I wasn’t a bust, wasn’t a waste. Just to show who I was and what I’m here to do. I also wanted to hide the addiction thing. I didn’t want anyone to ever know what I went through.”

Michael: “So what brought you here today? What changed in your mind?”

Vratislav: “I felt that it was selfish of me to think that way. People should know what I went through. If saying this and showing to people that you can always come back from setbacks, whether it’s an addiction, injury, whatever it is. If I can help one person, it’ll be worth it.”

Michael: “That’s a good way to look at it. Thanks for doing this Vratislav.”

Vratislav: “My pleasure Michael.”

*TSN Studio*

Duthie: “We got in contact with GM of Seattle and he had this to say on acquiring Vratislav. “I'm very lucky to have been able to acquire Zybnek from the Platoon. I knew him from my time with West Kendall, as he was a prospect there while I played with them, and his junior team was Colorado, the last team I was the GM of before Seattle. I noticed his excellent work ethic at the time, as well as his excitement and eagerness to join the league. Unfortunately, he had slipped quite a ways since then. After losing one of our forwards this past off-season, I needed another player to round out the roster and thought of him. I figured with his lack of training in recent months, he'd be able to get traded fairly cheaply, but at the same time, I was banking on his previous work ethic to come back. Luckily for us, it did. He hasn't missed a beat. I'm looking forward to the youthful energy , he once had with West Kendall, to show in our games. I'm hoping he'll be able to score about twenty points this season, but I have no doubt he'll be much greater down the road.”

Code:
1600 words

*200 words to <a href='index.php?showuser=1286' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>r1c3bowl22</a>

I'm sad it didn't work out for you in West Kendall but hopefully you found your home in Seattle. It's nice to see you're back to activity Smile

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

When will I ever learn to stop taking the rooks out on South Beach. It just never ends well. Look at what happened to that Alex Light kid. Rolleyes

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

💖💖💖

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

I hope Zbynek turns back to great form with the Riot

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Gonna miss you, bud.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Riot

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

You can keep my 200 words

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]