Create Account

Bob Ross Academy - All The Pretty Colors

<div align="center">
[Image: m8bZ3h3.png]

ALL THE PRETTY COLORS

Below I have graded your signatures, Please refer to the HOMEWORK ALERT at the bottom and Happy Sig Making!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1787' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>TML99</a>
[Image: fhJsGrv.png]

Your Grade: [Image: UuYQoK5.png?1] /10
Comments: I do like the blue color and the sig is well balanced. Text is the low point in my opinion though and it's way too low on the sig even to be cut off by the bottom of the sig. The font choice doesn't really fit the style and so for me its a low point of the sig. However I do like the coloring on the left side of the sig, the deep blue background with the shoulder jersey looks good, and I like the orange striping. The one part I'm a bit iffy on is the white blob on the right of the sig, one part I wish to see more of that deep blue coloring from the left and not a big fan of the white blob as if someone tributed your sig before finalizing it but then the other part of me likes the break up of blue so I'm 50/50. Render looks good but I'd love to see him come to life a little more with some effects and give him some life beyond stock photo feel. Also I'm just pointing out that the blue line and light coloring over his white helmet looks weird and should be edited a bit more.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2012' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>Jepox</a>
[Image: SGsgNoY.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: xkFXV8w.png?1] /10
Comments: So... I like the background, the color is nice however the sig is very much washed out and from the get go, it's pretty much all I can notice. The render needs some detail and life brought out him. The light flare is nice but I'm not feeling the location and your text is hiding in the render. I do like the addition of the subtext behind the render so props on that. Now let me address the elephant in the room with this sig though.... Jepox, you're a smart kid, I know you're young but from our talks in the PHL and everything I can see you're not like every young kid on this site, however Cedric Moreau is a goaltender Player Page not a center like Joel Eriksson-Ek like the render you have chosen. While I understand you can just change the text to a player that is a skater but this is a massive detail you have overlooked and didn't do any research in the player. The Sig's color is good and so for that I cannot give you a complete 0 but please take the time to do a little research. I urge you again to play around with Curves and Levels don't be afraid to go too dark because a simple black brush with a low opacity and brushed around on the same layer as the Curves or Levels will help take away some of the darkness and give you a nicer balance.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2364' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>iOBESE</a>
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: Jth1LBL.png?1] /10
Comments: I really like this sig! I love the render placement and the colors while a bit more subdued over some sigs the color is well played with here and the black and white/tan(ish) with red is always a great choice to give off that color vibe. The splatter displacement in the background looks good as if the render is splashing through the background and I like your lighting. The 3 rectangles are a great addition and I like how you gave them a nice change over the rest of the sig with your blending choice, I would maybe offer the idea of hitting it with some black brush clipping masked over the spots where it turned almost turquoise coloring which is small and nitpick but because the sig is well done it's the little things I look at after enjoying the full picture. The only other part i'm not a huge fan of is the text placement. The players name imo should be where that #10 is. The #10 would be a solid addition if it was to the right (looking at the sig) of the three bars, But I always encourage the main text to be touching the render in someway. While it is close to the render I really prefer to see it where the #10 is. Great sig though and I really dig the look!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1766' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>karlssens</a>
[Image: TcgTMsA.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: NEksv2O.png?1] /10
Comments: So I like this sig but I'm a bit conflicted on it still and here's why. The sig canvas, I'm glad you took notes on that. I like the size and the render placement, the text is solid however the size of the Marcus is much too big imo, but the Shane is good. The Lightning is a nice touch but a bit overpowering over the render and text. The MARCUS needs to be scooched over to the right to where it's not tipped over the last name text. The Lightning going over the render's face is no good though and really slices the render's face. It needs to be set behind the render so it's still there but not overlaying the renders face which might be one of the "no goods" in sig designing. I do like the background but it needs a little more to it to make it better to look at, I like the green to fit with the player's team colors but while I'm not against simplicity it's almost too simple. Now to the render, I am to believe you did some effects to make the render a bit more grainy? while it kinda looks you're going for a bit like an 80's pixelated style but... I'm not getting that and so the render being the main focus and it's grainy really hurts the sig. But I do like that you're taking risks and branching out so I would offer some ideas like duplicating the render, giving it some effect like pixelation or blurring and then add a layer mask to it, brush full black with 100% opacity in parts to erase the effect. Play with ideas to give the render more effects but don't ever let the effects mess up the effects go over the player face. But you are getting better and I see you improving on getting into styles.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a>
[Image: 4fAVmpi.png]

Your Grade: [Image: Jth1LBL.png?1] /10
Comments: I really like this one dude. The coloring is nice and dark and I like that you picked up the colors in the render and used that around the sig with some effects and lighting blobs. The blurring on the right glove and below the sig's text is a little too much maybe not blur it as much, but it's a nice idea. Text is solid but I think your sig is good and the text being just solid drags it down. Also... Which layer is the text on? It seems to be above everything else in the sig, I'd love to see it blended more with the effects and the dot stock you got in there looks good, could use that with text style. Render looks good and well placed in the sig, I like the yellow light over the logo and the effects on his left glove pretty cool look. I think the render's face is a bit bright imo but it's not overpowering as well. I like this sig and I like the work you did here, I'd like to see you expand on it and little more and work on blending your text into the sig a little more.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a>
[Image: e1imrQB.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: UuYQoK5.png?1] /10
Comments: This sig is pretty good but in the terms of color, I think you could've done a little bit more with this. I know you used the red to work with the team but I think the first change you should've done was choose a different render. I think the change from Ben Bishop green to red doesn't really look great and it's almost a pinkish orange. I like the position of the render though and the text looks good but I would relocate it over Bishop's shoulder and down his back. It seems too cramped and shimmied in right in front of his face. I like the subtext and it's well positioned in between the T and K from the text, I just think it's too cramped on the left side and covering the goalie mask isn't my cup of tea. I like the background though and it fits well with a nice blur to it. I dont however like the the stock thats over the sig, kinda looks like a snot stain stretching over the sig. I do like the improvement you've made and I think you're at the finish line but maybe play around with Curves and Levels to give this sig a little more pop and maybe work with the exposure to even out the darks.

HOMEWORK ALERT!!!!!!!

Second Quiz: Text. You will be PM'd a link to download a PSD and You must create text for the sig. I will give you furthur instructions in the PM.

Deadline: PM ME your by sig by Wednesday, December 13th 2017 at 11:59PM PST

</div>

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>crutch</a> always tells me to use Topaz adjust on my renders but I dont know how or my version of PS doesn't allow this :( I wanna make my renders pop way more <a href='index.php?showuser=78' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wasty</a> maybe this is later in the Bob ross academy?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@Dec 8 2017, 05:42 AM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>crutch</a> always tells me to use Topaz adjust on my renders but I dont know how or my version of PS doesn't allow this :( I wanna make my renders pop way more <a href='index.php?showuser=78' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wasty</a> maybe this is later in the Bob ross academy?
I’ll PM you later for some tips.

#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@Dec 8 2017, 08:42 AM

Topaz Adjust is an extension for photoshop that you'd have to buy/download separately. You can probably find a torrent version, but personally I bought it and it's been well worth it.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik+Dec 8 2017, 08:42 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Symmetrik @ Dec 8 2017, 08:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Topaz Adjust is an extension for photoshop that you'd have to buy/download separately. You can probably find a torrent version, but personally I bought it and it's been well worth it.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Wasty@Dec 8 2017, 08:40 AM

I’ll PM you later for some tips.
[/quote]

Awesome thanks guys!

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

<a href='index.php?showuser=78' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wasty</a> thanks again for the critiques. Definitely a step in the right direction, but plenty of room for improvement, I agree.
You're also right, the goal was not to make the render grainy, but through a series of layers it happened. I'll be sure to play around with duplicating layers.

As for the text I thought it looked better with the first name hanging off the edge of the last name, but I'm starting to see that's not too common. I'll play around with that as well.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Quote:Originally posted by karlssens@Dec 9 2017, 08:21 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=78' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wasty</a> thanks again for the critiques. Definitely a step in the right direction, but plenty of room for improvement, I agree.
You're also right, the goal was not to make the render grainy, but through a series of layers it happened. I'll be sure to play around with duplicating layers.

As for the text I thought it looked better with the first name hanging off the edge of the last name, but I'm starting to see that's not to common. I'll play around with that as well.
Improvement is what I love to see and that’s what I see from application to quiz 1, keep it up. As for the text technically the first name is considered “subtext” even if it isn’t behind or below the last name so technically you want all the subtext to not extend past or over the main text. Just a rule of thumb as it creates a bit of unevenness. Like i said great improvement and Quiz 2 will definitely be where you can play with that text.