Create Account

S37 SHL Awards Show

7 of my points came on the PP+ last minute defensive during my time as a Forward 5 on 5. which was all me playing as a defencemen. Still wouldve been 3rd in scoring as a defencemen

[Image: hallsy.png]

Also Brennan Kennedy played D for 14 games shouldnt he be disqualified?

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Dec 14 2017, 12:02 PM

It says he's ineligible right where the awards committee and [b]HO representatives said he was ineligible.
[/b]

I'm da HO. Nobody ever asked me if he was ineligible. Hmm

This seems like a biased act of injustice against Dover

Quote:Originally posted by Xmas@Dec 14 2017, 04:12 PM

I'm da HO. Nobody ever asked me if he was ineligible.  Hmm
Is he ineligible?

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TheWoZy@Dec 14 2017, 01:15 PM

Is he ineligible?

If I had complete control, I would make Dover eligible and ban any Winnipeg players from receiving awards due to them exploiting the system.

Anyways wouldnt an award I be snubbed from the most is league MVP. I had the same amount of points as linna. On a worst team.

I suppose I should clarify myself here, and I'm not trying to take anything away from the players who were actually nominated for awards this season, so congratulations to those of you who were nominated.

But the fact of the matter is Dover was one of the best players in the SHL last season, forward, defense, or otherwise, and the fact that he isn't nominated for anything this season is an absolute shame. In the grand scheme of things Dover's production didn't add up to a Steelhawk's playoffs appearance but its a shame the player that finished 4th in league-wide scoring isn't even recognized for it.

So, take it for what you will. <a href='index.php?showuser=283' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnMcJesus</a> already said he's not interested in personal accolades but when the 4th best scorer in the league isn't recognized for their achievements I think something is wrong.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Quote:Originally posted by Sleepy@Dec 14 2017, 04:20 PM
I suppose I should clarify myself here, and I'm not trying to take anything away from the players who were actually nominated for awards this season, so congratulations to those of you who were nominated.

But the fact of the matter is Dover was one of the best players in the SHL last season, forward, defense, or otherwise, and the fact that he isn't nominated for anything this season is an absolute shame. In the grand scheme of things Dover's production didn't add up to a Steelhawk's playoffs appearance but its a shame the player that finished 4th in league-wide scoring isn't even recognized for it.

So, take it for what you will. <a href='index.php?showuser=283' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnMcJesus</a> already said he's not interested in personal accolades but when the 4th best scorer in the league isn't recognized for their achievements I think something is wrong.

Randleman and McZerhl were also 2 top 4 scorers league wide, and they're both only nominated for 1 award. The only award he could be up for discussion for is MVP, but he was beat out for that by the 3 players with more points, and really, can you be MVP if you finish tied for last in the East and with the fewest wins?

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Dec 14 2017, 04:28 PM

Randleman and McZerhl were also 2 top 4 scorers league wide, and they're both only nominated for 1 award. The only award he could be up for discussion for is MVP, but he was beat out for that by the 3 players with more points, and really, can you be MVP if you finish tied for last in the East and with the fewest wins?

I think the argument could be made that yes, he should, as he was on a team with a weaker roster than the 3 players nominated and still produced at the same pace they did and I think that points out to his ability as a player to stand out on his own.

And yes. The MVP is an individual award and team record/standings shouldn't be taken into account for that conversation.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Rhys and Garbagezo suck ass. Clearly Dover should be here and should be the winner.

Quote:Originally posted by Sleepy@Dec 14 2017, 04:38 PM

I think the argument could be made that yes, he should, as he was on a team with a weaker roster than the 3 players nominated and still produced at the same pace they did and I think that points out to his ability as a player to stand out on his own.

And yes. The MVP is an individual award and team record/standings shouldn't be taken into account for that conversation.

How can a player be valuable to his if he can't get them to the playoff. Might as well not play him and results would be the same.

MVPTHT award

Most Valuable Player To His Team

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TheWoZy@Dec 14 2017, 03:59 PM
top 5 in SB but he's not a dmen Hmm

Should be considered as goalie Hmm

Quote:Originally posted by Xmas@Dec 14 2017, 04:41 PM
Rhys and Garbagezo suck ass. Clearly Dover should be here and should be the winner.
Y u do dis

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]