Create Account

Bob Ross Academy - TEXT! TEXT! TEXT! EVERYBODY!

<div align="center">
[Image: m8bZ3h3.png]

TEXT! TEXT! TEXT! TEXT! EVERYBODY!

This week was based on text only so I gave the students a sig that I created but it was without text. I wanted the students to use Gabriel Landeskog for the text since it was his render and give everyone an even playing field. I did instruct the students to not do anything else beyond text which was followed by only students. I did give the student some leeway to add a little bit to make the text fit however beyond the two, they did way too much work outside of the text.

This was the sig given:
[Image: YsXiHfw.png]

Below I have graded your signatures, Please refer to the HOMEWORK ALERT at the bottom and Happy Sig Making!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1787' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>TML99</a>
[Image: fQROnZX.png]

Your Grade: [Image: UuYQoK5.png?1] /10
Comments: I like the text choice however I would say its a bit squat and the first name is a little too dark. The font choice as well is a little hard to read, while I like the "tech" feel of the font choice, I think the fact it's fractured makes it too hard to read for me. I like where you were thinking with the tech-like font. The added pieces behind the text is nice but the black rectangle is a bit bland and sticks out too much. I also noticed you played with the lights and darks on the sig. You can see between the two that it easily got washed out and too light imo.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2012' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>Jepox</a>
[Image: wtJz9t4.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: EVdVAmP.png] /10
Comments: Great job! I actually really enjoy this text and it might be the first time I've seen where a Captial first and lowercase rest actually looks good. Usually I immediately hate when I see that but I have to give you props on going with it. The font looks good and the two-tone coloring looks great in this sig. I like the cleanliness of the font and it stands out but doesn't overpower the sig. The only thing I can input it maybe hit the text with a little Gaussian Blur at like maybe 0.2 or 0.3 and that'd be perfect. Also props on following directions and only doing a minor lightness to the sig to fit the text. Positioning is great as well as it touches the render and flows well with the motion of the player. Small hindrance would be the part of the name where the text is a little harder to read but I don't mind when the text has some spots where it's not perfectly legible. Well done!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2364' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>iOBESE</a>
[Image: Quiz2.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: EVdVAmP.png] /10
Comments: I really, really like this text as well. The sig is a bit busy with all the texture going around so a nice clean font is a great choice. I love large text sigs like this. I probably would offer the tip to make the Landeskog a little larger and bring the letters a little closer together and place it where the Gabriel is, and knock the Gabriel up above it. Just because it's a little too close to the sig edge and when the text is large, it feels like it's too big for the sig. I love that you brought it right by render level so it's behind all the texture and liquid stock. It helps add some grittiness to the text and I like the soft gradient to the text as well. I really like this and it's close to something I would do. Great job dude!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1766' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>karlssens</a>
[Image: fWtlbRx.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: Jth1LBL.png?1] /10
Comments: So I'm conflicted with this. To be honest imo it's.. 9/10 almost 10/10 if you followed directions as used Gabriel Landeskog instead of your players name. I feel because of this, this text works so well due to the short last name in Sholz. The text however what you did is great. I love the coloring, the depth and the positioning. The size of the last name is great and the placing of Nikolaus is great as well. I really like this work here and like I said it would be a 9 or 10/10. Now I noticed you took away the b/w over the render's face which imo isn't a great choice because it introduces a new color into a sig where it is nowhere else.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a>
[Image: Gollum.jpg]

Your Grade: X /10
Comments: You didn't enter a sig.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a>
[Image: wwKmI5S.jpg]

Your Grade: [Image: UuYQoK5.png?1] /10
Comments: So I like the font choice and it looks good on this sig. But I feel the execution of the text beyond the choice kinda went awry. The choice to go black with the text just kinda dulls with this sig style. As you can see with the other sigs I enjoyed was the text is a light or white color so the text pops a little bit. Now with the stroke, i feel that its a bit too thick for this text and I'm not a huge fan of the color that you chose for it either, it just kinda looks off imo. Maybe because it's a little too thick if the stroke was 1 it might be even better at the current color choice. Now I think the text is a little too big as well, it almost stretches across the whole sig. While I like the font choice, I feel you could've done better with the great font choice. The "Gabe" part of it looks kinda too short and i'm sure you did it to fit in that area of the sig but I probably would've left it off. I think a melding of what iObese and your font would be a nice variation to his clean font but I like the coloring of his and your font choice would look good, or I'd maybe recommend just a plain white text with your font, and the gaussian blur I recommended to Jepox.

HOMEWORK ALERT!!!!!!!

Third Quiz: Render. The Render is the most important piece of a signature and it's about time we talk about them. For our Third Quiz we focus on the render and effect to give the render that pop. You can use Topaz Adjust or Detail or Nic Collection. Just for this sig I want more focus on the render than anything else. Make the sig for your player.

Deadline: PM ME your by sig by Friday, December 29th 2017 at 11:59PM PST

</div>

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Enjoying seeing the improvement in everyone's stuff

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I’m such a goof.
Is there an academy for reading instructions available?

As for the missing layer I was trying to understand what each layer brought to graphic. Way more than I use and was curious how it all came together. Must’ve forgot to turn that one back on.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

This is awesome! Good work everyone!
And well done Wasty for putting time into helping others!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Damn this is one I would've enjoyed attempting myself. Too bad I missed out on this!

Honestly I did not have much time when I did the text and this was the first font I hit and it just looked good and right on the spot. So I went with it and the white colour was working good as well under few of the layers.

Thank you for the rating! Smile

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

great concept. Glad to see you sharing your knowledge and aptitudes to help others