Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by blackfish@Jan 1 2012, 07:58 PM

I'm sorry but you cannot be elite until you've proven yourself in the postseason. Romo is a sweetheart for fantasy football owners but a hemorrhoid to the real world.

k by that Knowledge, Dan Marino isn't an elite qb, Jim Kelly, as well as Frank Tarkenton are all not elite.

Numbers never lie and the numbers say Romo = elite.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Would be boss if this game went into OT. Feel like I've been watching worthless football games all day.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 1 2012, 08:08 PM

k by that Knowledge, Dan Marino isn't an elite qb, Jim Kelly, as well as Frank Tarkenton are all not elite.

All those guys had success in the postseason. They may not have rings but they did make it to the big dance.

they are still all losers tho. It isn't Romo's fault that he doesn't have a capable secondary or coaching personnel.

Again Tony Romo is playing real well only throwing 5 incompletions, one of which was a pick.

the top 5 qbs this year.

1. Brees
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Romo
5. Manning

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 1 2012, 11:08 PM

Marino and Kelly have gone to SBs...Romo has 1 playoff win...not really comparable

also stats lie sometimes...Big Ben's stats are not great, but he is absolutely a better QB than Romo

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 1 2012, 11:14 PM
they are still all losers tho. It isn't Romo's fault that he doesn't have a capable secondary or coaching personnel.

Again Tony Romo is playing real well only throwing 5 incompletions, one of which was a pick.

the top 5 qbs this year.

1. Brees
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Romo
5. Manning
the fact that Stafford is not in your top 5 is puzzling considering your a stat guy lol

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 1 2012, 08:14 PM

the top 5 qbs this year.

1. Brees
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Romo
5. Manning
Both Rodgers and Brees are dominating the league with absolutely no defensive support.

1. Brees
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Manning
5. Stafford
6. Newton

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM GIANTS

Quote:Originally posted by blackfish@Jan 1 2012, 11:18 PM

Both Rodgers and Brees are dominating the league with absolutely no defensive support.

1. Brees
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Manning
5. Stafford
6. Newton
brady has a worse defense than both of them

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Jan 1 2012, 08:15 PM

the fact that Stafford is not in your top 5 is puzzling considering your a stat guy lol

he is a real close 6.

The top 3 are not debatable. I just showed Romo's stats which shows a number 4 spot.

Eli Manning :
26 tds and 16 ints
the big stat for me is 5 fourth quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives to go along with 15 4th q tds (a record), and the best qb rating in the 4th. oh and 3 400 yard games.

Stafford is right up there but to me eli is better.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 1 2012, 11:20 PM

he is a real close 6.

The top 3 are not debatable. I just showed Romo's stats which shows a number 4 spot.

Eli Manning :
26 tds and 16 ints
[b]the big stat for me is 5 fourth quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives to go along with 15 4th q tds (a record), and the best qb rating in the 4th.
oh and 3 400 yard games.

Stafford is right up there but to me eli is better.[/b]

lol by that logic why isn't Tebow a top 5 for you?

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Jan 1 2012, 08:22 PM

lol by that logic why isn't Tebow a top 5 for you?

because of the other stats i put up there which Tebow isn't even close in.

Gotta read that whole statement as a whole. Manning threw more yards in 3 games than Tebow did this year.

You guys can put Brees ahead of Rodgers all you want but the fact of the matter is, Bree's Yardage gets dumped by the efficiency Rodgers has. I'd rather have 45/6 over 46/14 anyway of the week. Yards are nice boys, but accuracy is nice too.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 1 2012, 11:23 PM

because of the other stats i put up there which Tebow isn't even close in.

Gotta read that whole statement as a whole. Manning threw more yards in 3 games than Tebow did this year.
the only other stats you put up were TDs and INTs.
Tebow has 12 TDs and 5 INTs in half a season...that compares fairly well to Eli...

(im not saying Tebow is anywhere close to these guys...just saying stats can be deceptive sometimes)

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Jan 1 2012, 11:24 PM

the only other stats you put up were TDs and INTs.
Tebow has 12 TDs and 5 INTs in half a season...that compares fairly well to Eli...

(im not saying Tebow is anywhere close to these guys...just saying stats can be deceptive sometimes)

Yeahthat