Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Aero407@Jan 12 2015, 07:26 PM
Buffalo Bills finally have some swagger again with Rex Ryan coming to town. I said it right away, "Rex needs strong offensive guy," and go figure, the Bills just closed a deal with Greg Roman.

Add a legit, veteran quarterback and the Bills will finally get over the playoff hump in 2015.
Only if they get a wild card spot

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

John Fox is a shit coach who only won games because he had Peyton at QB. Makes sense to move on to, ideally, Gase as the Broncos start to look to the future.

Quote:Originally posted by Aero407@Jan 12 2015, 07:26 PM
Buffalo Bills finally have some swagger again with Rex Ryan coming to town. I said it right away, "Rex needs strong offensive guy," and go figure, the Bills just closed a deal with Greg Roman.

Add a legit, veteran quarterback and the Bills will finally get over the playoff hump in 2015.

Greg Roman and "legit offensive guy" in the same sentence? Interesting. Roman sucks at developing QBs, but is great with running and o-lines, i.e. Rex will have the same problems in Buffalo that he had in New York just with better players available to him on offense, aside from at QB. Odds are, they trade for somebody like Cutler and see if that works out in their favor. I don't think Rex is the guy to bring success to Buffalo because I think he's a shit coach, but I like the hire all the same. Nobody knows about Buffalo and bringing in Rex certainly fixes that. He'll bring them more headlines than wins, which is not necessarily a terrible thing for the franchise.

EDIT: To add to this, literally every 49ers fan I've seen hates Roman and wanted him to be fired even if Harbaugh had stayed. So, it's a questionable hire to say the least for the Bills. Trestman would have been way better as an OC for them.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 12 2015, 07:36 PM

Greg Roman and "legit offensive guy" in the same sentence? Interesting. Roman sucks at developing QBs, but is great with running and o-lines, i.e. Rex will have the same problems in Buffalo that he had in New York just with better players available to him on offense, aside from at QB. Odds are, they trade for somebody like Cutler and see if that works out in their favor. I don't think Rex is the guy to bring success to Buffalo because I think he's a shit coach, but I like the hire all the same. Nobody knows about Buffalo and bringing in Rex certainly fixes that. He'll bring them more headlines than wins, which is not necessarily a terrible thing for the franchise.

EDIT: To add to this, literally every 49ers fan I've seen hates Roman and wanted him to be fired even if Harbaugh had stayed. So, it's a questionable hire to say the least for the Bills. Trestman would have been way better as an OC for them.
If they were "shit coaches," they wouldn't be where they're at. Ryan is a great defensive mind and a motivator. His big mouth and rugged style will easily put him over in Buffalo.

Quote:Originally posted by Aero407@Jan 12 2015, 07:45 PM

If they were "shit coaches," they wouldn't be where they're at. Ryan is a great defensive mind and a motivator. His big mouth and rugged style will easily put him over in Buffalo.

Rex is a great defensive coordinator indeed, but a shit head coach. I never said Rex wasn't great defensively, but the Bills needed an offensive mind to help fix their offensive problems, not a defensive one. Since they got a defensive one, they need a good OC who can help their passing game and, well, they swung and missed there too. The Bills did not improve in the slightest over last year's situation at all and I'd be surprised to see a major improvement next season. They'll be on the fringe of the playoffs again. If they get in, it won't necessarily be because of Rex, but rather that the team was already pretty good anyways.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 12 2015, 07:48 PM

Rex is a great defensive coordinator indeed, but a shit head coach. I never said Rex wasn't great defensively, but the Bills needed an offensive mind to help fix their offensive problems, not a defensive one. Since they got a defensive one, they need a good OC who can help their passing game and, well, they swung and missed there too. The Bills did not improve in the slightest over last year's situation at all and I'd be surprised to see a major improvement next season. They'll be on the fringe of the playoffs again. If they get in, it won't necessarily be because of Rex, but rather that the team was already pretty good anyways.

What about Doug Marrone was so great? In speaking of QB development, its pretty shitty when you have to go get Kyle Orton b/c the guy you drafted top 15 is that bad.

Quote:Originally posted by Aero407@Jan 12 2015, 07:56 PM

What about Doug Marrone was so great? In speaking of QB development, its pretty shitty when you have to go get Kyle Orton b/c the guy you drafted top 15 is that bad.
Marrone didn't draft EJ Manuel.
EJ Manuel should have never been a 1st round pick, nevermind top 15.

The dude wasn't even a very good college QB.
Why would anyone think he would be a good NFL QB?

EDIT: Im wrong...Marrone was the coach when Manuel was drafted.
IDK how much say he had in that pick, but he was the coach…for some reason i thought last year was his only year in Buffalo.

Quote:Originally posted by Aero407@Jan 12 2015, 07:56 PM

I never said Marrone was any good. I'm not sure where in my comment you saw me compliment Marrone. I'm just saying that Rex won't be able to do much better than Marrone did in Buffalo. The Bills win because of their defense, while their offense badly needs a QB. Rex won't be able to find them, hence they won't be able to get over that hump. They may make the playoffs, but they were on the brink of doing that anyways under Marrone thanks, again, to the defense. They need an offensive guy to come in there and fix their offensive problems by finding and developing a QB. Greg Roman will not help them there and Rex sure as hell will not either. The Bills are not going to suddenly be way better because now they have Rex. They had a great defense already without Rex, so he won't do much to improve upon that other than completely changing the scheme, but the defense will still be good all the same.

Quote:Originally posted by bpb@Jan 12 2015, 07:58 PM

IDK how much say he had in that pick, but he was the coach…for some reason i thought last year was his only year in Buffalo.

If the fact he didn't want to trade up for Watkins is any indication, I don't know how much say he had in the Manuel pick. I know he didn't want Orton, which was a bad one from him since Orton may suck, but he's better than Manuel.

But, I agree about Manuel. I said the same when the Vikings took Ponder. Do these teams just not watch college games anymore?

Quote:Originally posted by bpb@Jan 12 2015, 04:58 PM

If I had to guess, I would say he had no say. He was adamantly against trading up for Sammy Watkins and they didn't listen.

Marrone was a good choice of coach and it just didn't work out. I don't expect Rex to do much.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

IsAandrew Luck actively trying to be ugliest QB ever with that beard?

[Image: andrew-luck3.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by pbb@Jan 12 2015, 05:12 PM
IsAandrew Luck actively trying to be ugliest QB ever with that beard?

[Image: andrew-luck3.jpg]

Sex symbol.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 12 2015, 08:05 PM

I never said Marrone was any good. I'm not sure where in my comment you saw me compliment Marrone. I'm just saying that Rex won't be able to do much better than Marrone did in Buffalo. The Bills win because of their defense, while their offense badly needs a QB. Rex won't be able to find them, hence they won't be able to get over that hump. They may make the playoffs, but they were on the brink of doing that anyways under Marrone thanks, again, to the defense. They need an offensive guy to come in there and fix their offensive problems by finding and developing a QB. Greg Roman will not help them there and Rex sure as hell will not either. The Bills are not going to suddenly be way better because now they have Rex. They had a great defense already without Rex, so he won't do much to improve upon that other than completely changing the scheme, but the defense will still be good all the same.

Rex will eclipse Marrone and it won't take long. Terry Pegula's purchase of the team from the Wilson family was completed during last season and we're already seeing the effects. Pegula is worth a lot of money and he's going to spare no expense in breaking that 15-year playoff drought. $27.5 million for Rex is something Ralph Wilson would never have done, but it's the big name hire Bills' fans have waited for.

Now back to Greg Roman, a man you're underrating Spangle. Roman's strength is offensive line, an area the Bills long for some stability. The Bills have enough playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, they'll get a reliable quarterback, but the O-Line needs to get it together. Not every offensive coordinator needs to be a QB whisperer to be successful.

Quote:Originally posted by Grimes@Jan 12 2015, 05:15 PM

Rex will eclipse Marrone and it won't take long. Terry Pegula's purchase of the team from the Wilson family was completed during last season and we're already seeing the effects. Pegula is worth a lot of money and he's going to spare no expense in breaking that 15-year playoff drought. $27.5 million for Rex is something Ralph Wilson would never have done, but it's the big name hire Bills' fans have waited for.

Now back to Greg Roman, a man you're underrating Spangle. Roman's strength is offensive line, an area the Bills long for some stability. The Bills have enough playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, they'll get a reliable quarterback, but the O-Line needs to get it together. Not every offensive coordinator needs to be a QB whisperer to be successful.

What in Rex Ryan's track record says he will eclipse Marrone soon?

Ryan needs his OC to be a qb whisperer because he is terrible with them.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 12 2015, 08:18 PM

What in Rex Ryan's track record says he will eclipse Marrone soon?

Ryan needs his OC to be a qb whisperer because he is terrible with them.
There's plenty of reasons Rex was the most coveted FA head coach of the early offseason. For the 2nd time I point out Rex walking into an ownership situation that is significantly more wealthy than what Marrone had.