Create Account

SHL Head Office Changes

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Dec 20 2017, 01:04 PM

No. HO positions don't need to be paid. People will always want to do them because we need these positions filled. If someone isn't putting in their work, then they should just get booted. It's also not a difficult job. As I said in another thread, salaries should be meant to incentivize jobs that people don't want to do. Updater/PT grading, whatever.

This isn't one of those jobs.
That's the shittiest reason. You don't only incentivize jobs because NO ONE is willing to do them, you incentivize them to entice more good quality candidates to apply.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 20 2017, 11:18 PM

ur already a ho

O wow u rite

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Dec 20 2017, 04:23 PM

That's the shittiest reason. You don't only incentivize jobs because NO ONE is willing to do them, you incentivize them to entice more good quality candidates to apply.
Tbh I was in HO for twelve seasons and didn't think "this should be a paid job". Whereas I look at an updater job and think I wouldn't do that for at least 5 mill.

You don't need to be paid to do a good job. You do it because you want to.

People do a shit job because they get complacent. "It's good enough", "The others have it covered". That won't be an issue if you have a commish who lets people go for not putting in their share. As I said to eggy earlier, it may be tough because sometimes there really is nothing going on in HO. But it's also pretty obvious sometimes.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Definitely a fan of the changes.

Having been in Head Office for a long time, there's been certain issues with stagnation and timeliness dating well back to the beginning of the league. It's been tough for us to nail down a system that works as efficiently as possible but these should be steps toward that.

Leafs has always been a steady and reliable contributor but that isn't true for everyone with Owner permissions; I hope that since returning and receiving that role I'll be able to help as much as possible, but I think bringing back the Co-Commish is a really good choice.

We've discussed some plans on how we can have HO run more efficiently and I think we're well on our way to achieving that.

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Dec 20 2017, 01:46 PM

Ilike

Valid points. I think we should enact a no-GM rule. I'm pretty sure we had that before. Kez or tez or anyone that was in HO when I was, may be able to remember. I seem to remember having no GM's in HO at all. With the exception of Leafs who's an owner. But he's not a GM anymore so even that point's moot.
We used to have that rule, back in S18? I believe.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Dec 20 2017, 04:31 PM

We used to have that rule, back in S18? I believe.
I definitely remember having that rule because there was talk of allowing someone into HO who was a GM at the time. So I imagine the commish position had the same limitation.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was when we were deliberating letting <a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Beaujeaux</a> into HO. Because I think it was an S20 member......and I have no other idea who it could be.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

AFAIK right now the rule prevents GMs from being regular HO members, but doesn't prevent GMs from being Commissioner.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Just eliminate the elected head office members completely. This isn't a democratic-republic. You can make rules, changes, punishments with a small, trustworthy group. It's worked well for a very long time I still don't see why it had to be instituted to begin with.

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy Nog@Dec 20 2017, 02:27 PM
&nbsp; when belgarat was the only one in HO willing to step forward.
Eggy

Thank you Eggy for that acknowledgement, means alot

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Dec 20 2017, 04:14 PM

Rags? I don't remember that at all lol I thought Leafs just came back cuz Park had gone MIA but I don't know if anyone actually filled the position
Wasn't it Leafs with Rags as co?

Anyways Rags also stepped down as co-GM of LAP when he became a commish.

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne+Dec 20 2017, 05:55 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheNextGreatOne @ Dec 20 2017, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Anyways Rags also stepped down as co-GM of LAP when he became a commish.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Deener @ Mar 4 2016@ 11:29 PM

sharing a LR with TNGO is worst than sticking a steel catheter up your cock
[/quote]

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Dec 20 2017, 11:45 PM
Just eliminate the elected head office members completely. This isn't a democratic-republic. You can make rules, changes, punishments with a small, trustworthy group. It's worked well for a very long time I still don't see why it had to be instituted to begin with.

Uhm... That's what he did? Or did you mean that everyone should be fired and re-hired?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne@Dec 20 2017, 05:55 PM

Anyways Rags also stepped down as co-GM of LAP when he became a commish.
Did you just come back? I had no idea you were still around. And I do remember Rags stepping down as GM.

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Dec 20 2017, 06:01 PM

Uhm... That's what he did? Or did you mean that everyone should be fired and re-hired?
No, he just made the process to get in different. I'm saying, we don't need term limits or applications or any of that bs. Eggy needs to surround himself with Owners and a Co-Commissioner he trusts and should be able to appoint them as he sees fit. As I said, the system worked fine before with Leafs at the helm and Park before him. It wasn't broken, yet, we decided to try and fix it.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Dec 20 2017, 05:45 PM

This is how I run the SMJHL HO and I'm really happy with how we've done so far. Easily the best way to run a head office imo.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen