Create Account

SHL Head Office Changes

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Dec 21 2017, 09:22 AM
For someone claiming to be nicknamed "Brain" in his sig, that's a pretty elementary chirp
Ok, Watson.

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Dec 21 2017, 11:08 AM

God no dont say things like that
Yeah women shouldn't be put in charge of anything

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Dec 21 2017, 12:08 PM

God no dont say things like that
Lavar ball for co?

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 21 2017, 10:35 PM

Yeah women shouldn't be put in charge of anything

:thonk:

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Seems like most people are in agreement that the election system needed to go so that's good. A lot of good discussion here, I'll try to hit on the things that people brought up that I didn't already mention. I'm just gonna grab one comment from each of the (it looks like three) topics that were discussed so if I don't grab yours it's not necessarily because I hate you, but it's probably because I hate you.

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead+Dec 20 2017, 04:53 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grapehead @ Dec 20 2017, 04:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Everyone on a team has a perceived bias, not just GMs. There's a conflict of interest for any member of the site tbh, but we have no option around that. I don't think GMs are less trustworthy in these situations so they should be eligible the same as anyone. Your point about workload makes sense though, but seems like something we'd have to treat on a case by case basis.[/b]

This is kind of how I've always viewed it myself. Everyone has bias problems, and for the most part people have been able to excuse themselves from the discussion when they believe these could come into play. I debated leaving the GM position when I got the commissioner position, but seeing as Leafs and Bojo had both recently done both I decided to give it a season and see if I'd be able to handle the workload. While it's difficult in the offseasons (turns out running and partaking in a draft is a little difficult. . .god knows how Leafs did it for so long, and without a co-GM at that) I've been able to get by thanks to Toivo and the head office members helping me take care of things. If time ever became an issue I'd definitely step down to ensure the league had the attention it deserved.

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Dec 20 2017, 05:23 PM<br />
That's the shittiest reason. You don't only incentivize jobs because NO ONE is willing to do them, you incentivize them to entice more good quality candidates to apply.

I'm not necessarily responding directly to this point, but since you were the one who seemed to feel the most strongly about it I grabbed you.

My opinion on it is kind of that I don't think the head office should be paid because it shouldn't be a position you're doing to get paid. I want the people in the head office to be here because they want to be here. I do this job because I want to push the league forward and help the league succeed. That's the kind of people I think we should want in these positions, and adding a monetary benefit to it turns the head office into another job you do to help train your player, and that's not what it should be.

<!--QuoteBegin-r1c3bowl22@Dec 20 2017, 07:20 PM

Except the owners have never really been there. We used to have Wade/Park and Leafs as an owner checking in, alongside an HO.

Spangle has never realy done much in the three plus years I've been here, all I associate him with is mass pm's.

Looks like Eggy is going back to that same format.
[/quote]

Yeah I'm basically rolling back to something similar to the old format, but with clear inspiration from the structure Bojo had laid out back in the day. Spangle was actually a huge part of the head office for a time, back when Leafs took some time off from the site (although I don't know that he ever fully left, so maybe "time back" is more appropriate), and we got lucky that Leafs came back to his former activity right about the time that Spangle started to drift away, but because of that shift from Leafs to Spangle to Leafs I got a little worried that eventually we might see a day when there are no owners around, so I wanted to insulate us from that potential occurrence.

In regards to term limits and the selection process, I know I already commented on that a bit but one of the things I wanted was to keep the ability to roll HO going. Term limits are something I'd definitely consider getting rid of down the line, but I do want to keep the terms themselves so that there's never a situation where people who don't belong in the head office (referring to activity here, but there are of course other situations that could arise) are still in there. I like the feedback we've gotten on this, so it's definitely something I'll think about changing before it even comes up as a potential issue.

<hr>

Also something I neglected to mention earlier that a few people PM'd me about, the head office members who were elected to 3 season terms are going to be given the opportunity to finish those terms, as far as I'm concerned that's what you all elected them to so they're going to finish serving the time you chose them for. This means two seats will be open for applications starting tonight (as soon as I get that up), and two seats will be open next season. That pattern will continue until we decide to blow up this new system.

Again thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Good to know where everyones' heads are at with all of this.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@Dec 20 2017, 06:50 PM

Thank you Eggy for that acknowledgement, means alot

You took on a shitty job that nobody else was willing to touch. Lot of respect for doing that, hope you'll be back in full soon.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Lots of good stuff here. Keep up the good work Eggy and co!