Create Account

S38 Championship Week

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Championship Week is back as the Rage take on the Dragons in the Challenge Cup Final!

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FOUR tasks for a total of TWELVE uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than four, but you won't get the credit for anything over four.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Must be 150 words and include two specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S38 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

TASK THREE: Design the Challenge Cup Finals logo that will be included on both jerseys. Must include S38, the SHL logo and some sort of representation for each of the two teams in the Finals.

TASK FOUR: What rookies or young players are looking to make a name for themselves during the Finals? How have they contributed to the team on the way to the Finals? Must be at least 150 words, and include two statistics.

TASK FIVE: It’s Zamboni time! The teams have been asked by the SHL offices to re-design their Zamboni with a Finals theme. Please use your creativity on this and make it specific to one of the teams in the finals. Must include a logo from a team in the Finals and a color scheme appropriate to the team.

TASK SIX: You’re the coach of a team in the finals. What changes would you make to the roster, lines or strategies of the team to give the team a better chance at winning the series? Must be at least 150 words.

TASK SEVEN: Design a t-shirt or a rally towel for one of the teams in the finals. Must include some text (a slogan), the team’s logo and a local sponsor for the giveaway.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S38 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

Deadline: Friday, January 19th, 7PM EST

If you have any questions, please PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

The unsung hero for the Prince George Firebirds was Maurice Picard. While people like to focus in all of the additions Prince George made before the trade deadline and all of the team's hot-shot rookies, Picard's steady two-way play on the blue-line was one of the key reasons the Firebirds were able to bring home the cup. Picard recorded 6 assists during the playoffs, dished out 22 bone crushing body checks, and showed that he valued the team's success more than his own physical well being by blocking 15 shots. Picard may not be the person that jumps out at you in the box-score, but there is no doubt that his steady play was a key reason that the Firebirds won. This ymtype of play is something that is definitely noticed by Picard's teammates and his coaching staff alike. It's fitting that Picard won a cup, the defenseman is a prized prospect in the Los Angeles Panthers system and somebody who very well may earn a spot with the big club out of training camp.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Task One:

I think, with some bias, that Connor O'Reilly had the most adversity to get to the Challenge Cup final. Why is that? Well he's the oldest player in these finals to be making his debut, 14 seasons after his rookie one. In S24 he made his debut on the rebuilding New England Wolfpack, who just came off the franchise's first Challenge Cup. He spent 6 seasons on the team, making the playoffs twice and being ousted in the 1st round both times. He was then traded to Hamilton, for their star goalie. New England then went on to win back-to-back championships with that goalie, where as O'Reilly was shipped from Hamilton to Winnipeg 4 and a bit season with them, in which they only made the playoffs in the final one. In S35 off-season O'Reilly announced that he would like to go to another team, and given the option between Calgary and Toronto, he choose Calgary. The latter than went onto win the franchise's first championship that season. Finally in S37, Winnipeg won the Challenge Cup. So with joining two teams at the start of a rebuild, missing the playoffs 8 out of his 14 seasons, and looking at missed opportunities to win the cup, O'Reilly finally get his chance in his 2nd to last season. And that's why I think O'Reilly had the most adversity to get to this final.

RIP Mac & 701

Code:
TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Must be 150 words and include two specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.

The player I think who has gone through adversity to reach this stage is Manhattan Rage forward Luke Atmey. Atmey was originally drafted by the Hamilton Steelhawks, and them trading him is my first situation he has gone through. Atmey was originally drafted along with Kyle Kylrad as the team's future franchise faces, however things changed a couple of seasons later and Atmey's face didn't fit the cast anymore, and the Steelhawks moved him on. Obviously this would have been a big knock to the confidence of such a young player and it is to Atmey's credit that he was able to overcome this. Secondly, his team's performance during these playoffs was something of an obstacle for Atmey to overcome, with the Rage falling behind to the margin of 3-0 during their second round series. He was able to play his part in pushing through it, scoring a vital game tying goal in Game 7, inspiring his team onto victory.

Code:
160 words

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S38 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My unsung hero of the playoffs is Manhattan forward Ace Redding because he has been a physical beast in addition to actually putting up some points. Redding has been on his shit flying about the ice and laying people out, he's got 92 hits in 20 games which is absolutely obscene, the best in the league by far. Teams simply couldn't keep up with the kind of hard game he was playing, you almost feel sorry for them. Redding has been a power play beast, getting 6 points and scoring 6 goals and 18 points as well. Granted, he wasn't the best scorer for the Rage during the playoffs, or even second best for that matter, but he was a physically punishing player who made his presence felt and showed his dominance over any opponents who were silly enough to get in his way. He's put on an absolute clinic in being a two way forward and that deserves recognition.

Code:
154 words.

Code:
TASK FOUR: What rookies or young players are looking to make a name for themselves during the Finals? How have they contributed to the team on the way to the Finals? Must be at least 150 words, and include two statistics.

Calgary's second year forward Mike Izzy will be looking to use the Challenge Cup finals as a way to make a statement of his ability in the SHL. Izzy has been a force so far in these playoffs, scoring 6 goals in 11 games played, tied for second on the Dragons formidable team. To go along with his impressive goal tally, Izzy has accumulated 46 hits and also boasts an impressive shot percentage of 22%; a seriously impressive stat line for a young player. Izzy has been an important cog in the Dragons playoff machine, being a powerful two way power forward presence who can take hold of a game both with his offensive ability and his physical capabilities. The Dragons will be expecting a big series from their young forward and I'm sure Izzy will be more than up to the task of delivering and making an impact on the finals series.

Code:
153 words.

Code:
TASK SIX: You’re the coach of a team in the finals. What changes would you make to the roster, lines or strategies of the team to give the team a better chance at winning the series? Must be at least 150 words.

The Dragons know what they're doing, like they've won a lot of cups, but if I were them I'd make the bold move to bring Mike Izzy onto the top line, maybe swapping places with Esa Anrikkanen. We've already talked about how Izzy is the real deal double threat, he has the offensive skill and the physical chops to mark him out as an all round player and I think putting him on the top line might allow him to both expand his game and score some more, and to play more of a shutdown role, laying big hits on the Rage's top line players. It's not like the Calgary lines need a lot of tweaking but bringing in a player with such a high energy level onto the top line wouldn't hurt their scoring ability but would create even more room for the star players in Randleman and Kurczewski to operate in. It's not perhaps a necessary move but it could be an interesting way to help take things up a level.

Code:
173 words.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

This is pretty simple. This is the man who spent his whole career as a backup and did not get a chance to show who he truely is. Now that is because he was the backup to cragons legend hunter wong. So obviously he was the backup but now that wong is wong, Richard C. Hocolate gets what he wanted his whole life. This is kind of like the Jeff Glass situation spending time in the minors and other leagues but then gets his chance at 32. This is a situation for Richard C. Hocolate. He has been insanely good in the playoffs with a Save percentage of .904 and GAA of 2.83 with the record of 8-3 which is better than other starters. And now look, he has reached the Cup Finals which is very hard for other teams to do. He has had an amazing playoff run taking down the better teams and president winners.

My unsung hero choice is none other than Mike Izzy. Ever since he was traded from edmonton to calgary which is pretty weird since both teams hate each other, one helped the other and Izzy is the future. He had a great season with 30 points and he continued to be great in the playoffs. He has 7 points in 11 games which an incredible 6 goals. And one of them were game winning goals. He has been generating a lot of offense buy shooting the puck a lot and creating those rebounds but he as a power forward, has also been generating motviation by being physical. He has 46 hits which is most in the team but also 2nd in the playoffs behind his opponent in the finals, Ace Reeding. He is a real help in the power play having 2 power play goals already which is more than anyone. Do not mess with him because if the dragons win, he's one of the reason.

This season and playoffs was all about young players and especially rookies. They have made a name for themselves but making the finals is bigger than ever. From the dragons comes of course Mike Izzy who has done great but there is another play who really made a name for himself and he is Dani Forsberg. He is playing 17 minutes a game which is pretty good for a young player comapred for the highest in the team which is 25 and he is almost point per game with 10 points in 11 games. Forsberg has helped this team good chuck of times and pruducing offensively for his team.

Augustus is a rookie defenseman who has 8 points in 11 games and that is phenomenal. He has more points than other experienced defenseman in the playoffs as a 2nd pair and he's done a really good job and one of the reasons his team is now in the playoffs. So young players and rookies do make a difference for their team.

You know when a team makes the finals, you know the lines that were made was successful and good for the sim engine. But things can chance in the finals that can go negative. Seeing the lines from the Manhattan Rage, The top 6 for forwards and the top 4 for defenseman are getting good chunk of minutes. Only 5 players are in the bottom 6 or top 6 and they are not getting double shifted so that is alright but not getting minutes. But that means they have superstar players that are getting more minutes and have insanely highi endurance. But I would be a type of guy that would make it instead fair. 35% of the first 2 and then 15% for the bottom 2 and gives those non-double shifting players a chance. Defense remains the same. The strategies obviously seeing is that produce offense and stick to offense instead of the balance. They are one of the most dangerous offensive team because of that. So not much changes especially the lines which have been working.

[Image: giphy.gif]

TASK SEVEN: Design a t-shirt or a rally towel for one of the teams in the finals. Must include some text (a slogan), the team’s logo and a local sponsor for the giveaway.

[Image: WbE808k.png]

That player to me is Mr. Dick Chockolate. Hock has experienced success as a player... on Calgary hes been in the playoffs countless times and has seen his team enjoy a host of success, but it has all come as the backup to Hunter Wong. It couldnt have been easy spending a good portion of a career as the back up to one of the best netminders in league history.. getting PT above the min. requirement couldnt have come easy and getting important games to participate in must have been even harder... but hock stuck with with Calgary..maintaining a casual yet consisstant player build rate for many seasons... and finaly in S37 was awarded his spot in net as the teams guardian in goal. Even though hes been apart of allot and seen allot in the SHL.. this run here in S38 into the challenge Cup finals is Hocks first real run at indivigual success...to me this is a great story about patience being rewarded and rising above what looks like a difficult situation.

TASK THREE: Design the Challenge Cup Finals logo that will be included on both jerseys. Must include S38, the SHL logo and some sort of representation for each of the two teams in the Finals.

[Image: C65cyfV.png]

TASK FIVE: It’s Zamboni time! The teams have been asked by the SHL offices to re-design their Zamboni with a Finals theme. Please use your creativity on this and make it specific to one of the teams in the finals. Must include a logo from a team in the Finals and a color scheme appropriate to the team.

[Image: t2TRV2y.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

This is a hard one to comment on, as both teams have made it to the Finals and won before and in semi recent seasons, so neither team or specific player has had to overcome much. That being said i would say Richard C. Hocolate, the Calgary Dragons goalie faced the most challenges, being the newly implemented Dragons starter (overcoming the backup stigma of his career) and having to prove himself to be able to withstand the pressure of regular and post season play. In the regular season he played good, overcoming any initial doubts he could handle the crease, posting a .908 save percentage and 4 shutouts and quieting some disbelievers. In the playoff he performed well in pressure game situations leading up to the finals, but the question remains, can he hold the fort when it matters the most?

My unsung hero this post season is Winston Windsor, because i don't feel he was expected, as a defenseman, to lead the Manhattan Rage in points at 20, including 8 goals. That being said, he was also the Manhattan Rage's best defensive player with 44 blocked shots. It is surprising to have a defenseman to be "everything" for a team and for that he has my pick as this seasons unsung hero of the playoffs, In the end, even though Winston received high end minutes, and is a premier player, he is not as much of a name brand player on the Rage, like Wolker, Redding, Atmey and others, who you expected to produce at these levels.

When you have a player like this come up and produce as extremely high levels in the playoffs, when they weren't expected to, it makes your change to the win the ultimate prize even higher.

Roman Augustus, for the Calgary Dragons, though a -4, which is not impressive, was surprisingly good in a lot of other ways. For example, his 9 assists throughout the playoffs was impressive to go with 24 hits and 21 blocked shots are all decent in my books. To me when you have a rookie play almost 22 minutes in the playoffs it tells you about the trust the organization has in the player and how his teammates rely on his to produce against other teams best players. I am trying to think back through my career and seldom can i recall such pressure be put on someone with so little SHL experience.

I can't think of another rookie that has poised themselves to take a larger role on a team, having elevated their play so the organization can hand over more responsibility and ultimately take over for other aging defensemen on the team like Michael Boychuk.

For Calgary i would change a couple things that i felt could have contributed to their loss in the finals.

The first thing that surprises me is their even strength offensive strategy against Manhattan, which took me off guard, as that would undoubtedly leave them open for Manhattan's offense and with a relatively unproven goalie in their net and a mediocre defensive core, this could lead to disaster. My suggestion would be to dial this back, support their goalie and defense and grind it out against the Rage.

My second suggestion is to put Gagner and Randleman on the same power play line, since they are already stacking it with Kurczewski on the defense. As mentioned above i felt they needed to grind it out against Manhattan and that means beating them on the power play and PK, special teams. As a result they need to stack the units to create one over powering unit, rather then a couple ok units which the Rage can neutralize easier.

My final suggestion is change the four on four strategy to be more in line with the even strength strategy and more balanced defensively, like 0-2-3 (Phy - Def- Off). As mentioned above a extremely offensive strat. leaves them exposed.

In the end it appears Calgary felt they could overpower Manhattan, which to me at least, doesn't make sense. Balance and grind the strategy and the Dragons could have walked home with a cup.

PH Blizzard

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Quote:TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Must be 150 words and include two specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.
Without a doubt the player in the Finals who overcame the most adversity was Lukas Muller. As a major contributor for extremely competitive Halifax Raiders teams he experienced heartbreak two seasons in a row with a Finals loss to the Vancouver Whalers and a semifinals Game 7 loss to the Montreal Militia. As if that adversity wasn't enough, it only got worse for him as he was traded this season to the stinkiest team in the SMJHL, the Detroit Falcons.

Muller refused to put up with such a toxic environment and was called up to the SHL in a totally reputable and honorable manner. During the playoffs the Rage went down 3-0 to Minnesota before winning and were pushed to Game 7 again in the second round. But Muller and his team pushed through and he finally got a taste of a championship as the Manhattan Rage were victorious. Truly a storybook ending for such a stellar person.

Code:
158 words

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S38 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
I think that Manhattan's offseason acquisitions aren't getting the credit they deserve so far doing this playoff run. The Rage gave up a S40 1st Round Pick, S38 3rd Round Pick, S40 3rd Round Pick, S38 4th Round Pick, and Gunnar Rask to acquire Geoffrey Allen and Winston Windsor specifically to bolster the team in anticipation for a playoff run. So far it's working out.

Windsor has the 2nd most playoff points among Rage defensemen with 11 in 14 games and Geoffrey Allen is 3rd among forwards with 8. You won't see those numbers atop any leaderboards but these two have instrumental to the low-scoring Rage. Manhattan has scored 38 goals in 14 games which pales in comparison to Calgary's 43 in 11 so the production from the former Texas Renegades is even more impressive.

But it's not just offense these two players provide. Allen and Windsor are 1st and 3rd respectively on the Rage in penalty kill minutes and them slotting seamlessly into the top line and top pairing allows Manhattan to push other players down the lineup and get them into more favorable matchups.

Code:
186 words

Quote:TASK FOUR: What rookies or young players are looking to make a name for themselves during the Finals? How have they contributed to the team on the way to the Finals? Must be at least 150 words, and include two statistics.
In his second year in the SHL, Dani Forsberg has already solidified himself as a top tier contributor for the Calgary Dragons. Despite being a third liner (9th in ice time among forwards) Forsberg has notched 10 goals in 11 games in the playoffs, good for 4th best forward on the team. Getting that type of production from the third line is massively important for Calgary since it means they're a threat to score no matter who is on the ice.

In a similar vein, rookie Roman Augustus has given the Dragons some secondary defensive scoring. He's tallied up 8 points, 2nd most among defensemen, so far in the playoffs despite getting no power play time. You can win some games by letting Joe Kurczewski or Randy Randleman score a hat trick but if you depend on that happening you won't get very far which is why Augustus producing in a second line role is so vital. With 3 lines and 2 pairings contributing a goal per game it gives the superstars more margin for error and that can make all the difference in a tight series, as we saw against Winnipeg.

Code:
192 words

Quote:TASK SIX: You’re the coach of a team in the finals. What changes would you make to the roster, lines or strategies of the team to give the team a better chance at winning the series? Must be at least 150 words.
I mean I don't know shit about this stuff so I have exactly zero confidence in the following words being a better strategy than what Calgary went with, especially since steelhead is considered to be one of the best tacticians in the SHL.

That said, I find it interesting that they didn't slot Dani Forsberg into the top line and Mike Izzy into the second line. Forsberg was one of the team's premiere scorers and getting the opportunity to play with Joe Kurczewski and Randy Randleman could've really helped boost the teams' output during a very close series. On the other hand, I certainly see the wisdom in putting a passer with those two great scorers and getting some scoring depth on the 2nd line. That's likely also the reason that Izzy was on the 3rd line while a playmaker like Schnitinfritz Jagr got the 2nd line nod. The Dragons ended the season in spectacular fashion with 7 wins in their last 8 games with Izzy on the second line so it's easy to second guess that decision. In any case, I'm sure this was all considered and dismissed as inferior to what the Dragons actually did.

Code:
197 words

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

TASK TWO (171 words)
Calgary defenseman Michael Boychuk has quietly been making a name for himself during these Challenge Cup finals. By the end of the finals, the defenseman racked up 20 points in 17 games. Boychuk, part of Calgary’s top defensive pairing, really deserves a little more praise than he currently gets. Sure, he’s not scoring as much as other players on the Dragons, but 17 assists in 17 games is nothing to sneeze at. He’s also not afraid to get in front of shots. Throughout these playoffs, he’s acquired 31 shot blocks. Another unsung hero is Manhattan defenseman Winston Windsor. I seem to talk about defenseman a lot, don’t I? While Windsor hasn’t racked up as many points as Boychuk has (8G/10A), he’s done even more in the defensive aspect. With 44 shot blocks, and 61 penalty kill minutes, Windsor’s a true force to be reckoned with for seasons to come. Defensemen truly deserve a little more praise during the playoffs, they’re the ones who are tasked with stopping the offense after all.

TASK THREE
[Image: HvAM3eY.png]

TASK FOUR (180 words)
Calgary rookie Roman Augustus is looking to be the top 4 defensive rock that the Dragons hope he’d be. In his rookie season, Augustus racked up just 18 points (3 goals/15 assists), but that doesn’t tell the whole story. His defensive play is some of the best that the Dragons have ever seen. The American rookie has also accumulated 78 shot blocks, 40 hits, and 116 minutes on the penalty kill. He is definitely developing into a force to be reckoned with on Calgary. Another young player looking to make a name for himself in this season’s finals is Mike Izzy. Although he’s been on the Dragons for a little while now, he’s definitely got a scoring touch. Izzy racked up a hat trick in game 5 against the San Francisco Pride during their first round series, and he’s definitely not afraid to step in for his teammates whenever things get chippy. Although Izzy’s currently on Calgary’s 3rd line, he gives the Dragons’ bottom 6 that extra flair and is definitely proving his point to become a top 6 forward.

TASK SEVEN
[Image: GFm3FAp.png]

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

TASK ONE The player between the two finals teams that faced the most adversity and obstacles throughout his career would be Dragons goaltender Dick Chocolate. Chocolate's whole career has been riding the back seat to Hunter Wong. Wong who's finally hung up the skates has left open a spot for Chocolate. Last season wasn't the greatest as he was mildly inconsistent for a lot of the season. He played solid against a Riot squad last season that had cannons shooting at every angle at the time. This season, he had quite a slow start, as well as a slow defense in front of him. A lot of times he was left out to dry. However, towards the end of the season. The consistency got more . . consistent. The defense started tightening up, and he's played great. He's been the head of the army leading them to the cup. His goal has finally come and now he's attempting to lead the Dragons to another cup in a short time.

TASK TWO The unsung hero of these playoffs so far would have to be another player per the Calgary Dragons. Mike Izzy. He has 7 points in 11 games which seems decent enough. However, what's impressive is his moments of clutch. He's came up big in the games such as the hat trick against the Jets. He also had an overtime winner in that series. Along with that, Izzy has 46 hits. He's been physical and actively engaged in the game to motivate his team. He's setting the tone of the game with his heavy hitting offense. Izzy's never been known as a pure sniper, but he's realized that and gone to the dirty areas to pick up his goals. Izzy had quite the struggling rookie season, but this season after a slow start, he's picked up his mojo. Now these playoffs, he has 6 goals and an assist. The Dragons will be looking for him to tally a few more.

TASK FOUR A rookie or young player that'll have to step up these finals for each team will have to be Roman Augustus for the Calgary Dragons and Crossfit Jesus for the Manhattan Rage. First, for the Dragons, Roman Augustus had a solid rookie season. He had a few defensive woes to be aware of, but once he got that figured out, he would be a solid top 4 defenseman for the Dragons. In the finals, he is responsible for 8 assists. The Dragons will definitely want him to be a big time player. Known for a rapidly increasing shot, Esa will be looking for him to use it more often as he only has 7 shots on net. For Crossfit Jesus, he's had a very weak post season. He had one of the best rookie seasons to remember and had a solid season for the Rage, but the Rage would like to see him step up in the finals. Some secondary scoring from him will be necessary for the Rage to knock off the Dragons. He's definitely capable of it, and he looks for nothing more than the spotlight. I can see him being a dark horse for the Cup winning goal. Only 5 points won't cut it, but they're in the finals, so it's now or never. He's had a lot of shots on goal, so he's due for some memories to behold.

TASK SIX If I were the coach of the Manhattan Rage, I wouldn't make any changes because my team's in the finals. However, if I was forced to start from scratch. My lines would be these:

Center - LW - RW
Ace Redding - Crossfit Jesus - Bennet Jones 35%
Brett Kennedy - Harry Hans - Rurik Razin 30%
Dean Colt - Geoffrey Allen - Luke Atmey 30%
Ace Redding - Harry Hans - Luke Atmey 5%

Bubba Nuck - Winston Windsor 40%
Hunky Monkey - Wyatt Wolker 40%
Niklas St. Croix - Nuckky Toohoots 15%
Bubba Nuck - Wyatt Wolker 5%

Why you may ask? Well, the bottom line is that Manhattan has too many snipers on the team, so I decided to put a playmaker on each line. I moved Crossfit Jesus up to the first line to get his offense going with a stud like Redding and a playmaker like Bennet Jones. The 2nd line is not much different. BK who's a sniping center with a high profile sniper as Harry Hans. Razin is there to be a playmaker to feed the puck. The 3rd line has Allen and Atmey, two studs on the third line? Well, it's to spread the depth, and they get plenty of ice time regardless. Dean Colt's player is shoot first (or skate first), with Allen and Atmey being great snipers. The 4th line is just putting the top players of each line on one line. The overall thought on these forward lines is to spread depth throughout the roster.

The defense is identical to the current Rage defense as I find everything about it lovely.

And JayWhy as goalie

Task 1

I think the player who has had to overcome the most diversity up to this point is Dragon's goalie Richard C Hocolate. Richard is now in his 9th season and only 2nd season removed as a rookie. He spent most of his career as a backup to Dragon's legend Hunter Wong and never had a chance to shine. Now that he's been given the reigns as starter Hocolate has been able to lead the Dragons to the playoffs twice in a row and put up some great numbers this season in route to a championship appearance. This season Hocolate had to endure some transition at D for the Dragons as some young guys were called up and some of the vets have been hit hard with age. While the D corps hasn't been the best overall for most of the season he was able to still get the Dragon's into the playoffs and then lead them on a great run past the President's trophy winning Pride and defending champs in Winnipeg.

171 Words.

Task 2

My unsung hero of the playoffs so far has to be Dragon's goalie Richard C Hocolate. While the Dragons have been able to score from their forwards for most of the season and post season they've lacked Defensive scoring and have had some questionable games giving up far too many shots. Hocolate has come up huge for Calgary with his .904 save percentage and very good 2.83 goals against average. He was also able to hold a very high powered Jets offense to under 3 goals against average in their series. Including shutting them out once and holding them to 1 goal in a very close 2-1 win. On top of that Hocolate is an impressive 3-1 in overtime games this playoffs showing that when the pressure is on he can come up with the big saves. While a lot of the praise will go to some of the Dragon's top forwards such as Kurczewski and Randleman I think Hocolate has been every bit as crucial in this cup run as any other Dragon.

174 Words.

Task 7

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-01-12_at_5.09.25_PM.png]

Task 8

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-01-12_at_5.56.16_PM.png]

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Clint Eastwood@Jan 11 2018, 06:58 PM
I fuck sluts
Have you ever even talked to a girl before

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Quote:Originally posted by Loco@Jan 11 2018, 10:16 PM

Have you ever even talked to a girl before

in my dreams . . . . <_<

In my humble opinion Mr. Geoffrey Allen from the Manhattan Rage (formerly of the Texas Renegades and Team USA) had to overcome some of, if not the most adversity to get to where he is now.

Allen had spent his whole SHL career as a Texas Renegade and from what we can tell, he never wanted to leave. He is in his final SHL season and very well could have retired as the rare never moved teams player. This did not happen, obviously. A late offseason trade sent Geoffrey Allen and team mate Winston Windsor to the Manhattan Rage where they are now in the SHL finals for one last kick at the can.

If this trade doesn’t put him at the top of the overcome adversity list then remember he also had really bad chapped lips this season and he never once complained. He took those dry cracked lips and used it to motivate him to be that extra offensive talent Manhattan needed to make it to the finals once again

172 words

Up to this point of the S38 of the Challenge Cup playoffs my unsung hero has to be the one and only Winston Windsor. Windsor was an offseason pickup for the Manhattan Rage, and is in the final season of his storied career. Windsor has 17 points in 18 games so far this playoffs, which is an immense feat for a defensive defender who is amazing in his own end as well, highlighted by his 42 shots blocked.

I don’t think anyone on either team is filling a role as important as he is right now and his playoff experience gained in Edmonton and Texas is sure paying off for the Manhattan Rage.

Windsor is playing like a man possessed and you can tell there is nothing that he want more than t bring home one final cup before he hangs em up one final time. This is why Windsor is my choice for unsung hero

156 words

While not the youngest player in the league, Rurik Razin is still fairly young. He hasn’t exactly helped out a ton in the score sheet (2 goals over 18 games so far this post season) he helps out a lot in this physical department. Razin seems to like tossing his body around already having 41 hits to date. Especially considering he has done this in 18 games played, tossing over 2 hits per game while he himself rarely takes a hit.

One thing coaches in this league love, is when a young player steps up and does the dirty work when they are not contributing much on the score sheet and this is exactly what Razin is doing.

Razin is exactly the type of team mate you want to have on a championship team and if his game keeps progressing like it has, the goals and assists will follow soon enough.

151 words

If I was coach of the Calgary Dragons I think my biggest move would be to try and get some of the younger players a little extra ice time. Possibly swap Jagr and Forsberg, or even Izzy and Randleman. See what Randleman can do against some of the leagues second line defenders while their first pairings are stuck dealing with Joe K and Esa Arikkanen. This would also be a great experience for young up and comers like Mike Izzy.

There isn’t much time left in this series for experiments but maybe getting young Thaddeus Prince a start may be good for the overall health of the team. Who knows, Dick Hocolate may be getting a little over worked and tired.

Who knows though as I’m not a coach and I really don’t know much about the Dragons franchise. This is just what I think could help off the top of my head

153 words