Create Account

S38 Championship Week

TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Must be 150 words and include two specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.

I mean it has to be Atmey, from being one of the young faces of the franchise for the Hamilton Steelhawks to being casted away to a Rage team who was desperate for offence after a recently departed McZ to Buffalo. This obviously had the young man confidence dropped a little bit as he thought he had a safe home in Hamilton and was moving to a team that he was uncertain he would do good at in Manhattan. He was able to find some good teammates and some good chemistry with guys like Redding and this season with Jesus and Kennedy to form a line very similar to the Hyman-Nylander-Matthews line of the Toronto Maple Leafs with Kennedy being Hyman, Jesus being Nylander and Atmey being Matthews being the best one on the line. It took of a couple of lineup changes for that line to finally gel and form a type of chemistry that has helped them get this far into the season.

Code:
165 Words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S38 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

It has be a guy who's pretty much unbeatable when it comes to making playoffs being a playoff performer and that would be Jason Aittokallio. Three playoff runs leading to three finals appearances resulting in one Cup and possibly another one if the Rage are able to get past the Dragons unlike the first encounter where they were beat. His stats have been impeccable this playoffs in the 2nd rounds against very tough opponents in the Wolfpack and Chiefs who in some games were pounding shots on the man. In 14 games so far he has recorded .936 SV% and 2.19 GAA which is the number #1 should be producing for a Championship team. If he can continue to stand on his head for this Championship Series and extract his revenge over the Dragons, the Rage will have no problem winning their 2nd Cup in the past 4 seasons, thus possibly making them a start of a new dynasty.

Code:
159 Words

TASK FOUR: What rookies or young players are looking to make a name for themselves during the Finals? How have they contributed to the team on the way to the Finals? Must be at least 150 words, and include two statistics.

It honestly have to be myself, as proven track has shown at the Junior Level that I'm usually underwhelming in the playoffs and only come up in key games. This season after coming off a career high in points, it definitely put a notice to teams in the playoffs that CFJ was a dangerous force on the Rage, which would grant teams to put their shutdown line against the Kennedy-Jesus-Atmey line and have two guys on Jesus at most times thus only rendering him to 5 points so far this post-season although he's starting to find ways to get past those double teams, when he hasn't he hasn't been able to produce/contribute to the team like would like to, therefore however lead to more scoring chances for Atmey and Kennedy in which they would make up for my missed opportunites. And I can guarantee to you that he's ready willing able to step up to the challenge this finals and help the Rage win another Cup.

Code:
167 Words

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S38 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

During this entire playoff run, we heard all about Randy Randleman’s and Joe Kurczewsk’s goal scoring and Bubba Nuck’s and Winston Windsor’s shot blocking. Although my unsung hero is the Calgary Dragon’s “catering staff” for preparing some of the finest steroid laced chicken parms in the SHL. That had to have spent hours in the lab tinking with formulas and mozzarella to make the perfect preforming enhancing parms. The catering staff’s “sandwiches” provide and much need lift to a teams of aging veterans and up and coming stars. What they brought to the team help make the Dragons the most shooting team in the playoff with the Dragons averaging 36.12 shots per game, and this shooting also resulted in the Dragons being the highest scoring team in the playoffs averaging 3.41 goals a game. (Although I question this considering the Pro Team Stats section of the index only shows the dragon and the rage.) The diet supplied by the “catering staff” help propel players like Connor O'Reilly to have shooting percentage of 50% during the playoffs.

Code:
TASK FIVE: It’s Zamboni time! The teams have been asked by the SHL offices to re-design their Zamboni with a Finals theme. Please use your creativity on this and make it specific to one of the teams in the finals. Must include a logo from a team in the Finals and a color scheme appropriate to the team.  

[Image: 23jjort.jpg]

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Code:
TASK ONE: Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Must be 150 words and include two specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.
Dick C Hocolate, no question. Both of these rosters are filled with accomplished veterans, and highly touted rookies. Hocolate isn’t either of those things. He is a guy who, for most of his career, sat as a backup to the great Calgary goaltender, Hunter Wong. After 7 seasons of backing up Wong, Hocolate is the man in Calgary. He’s done really well too. S37 was his first season as a starter, and he had 23 wins and a 0.905 save percentage. Very solid numbers, however, they were knocked out of the playoffs in the first round. This season, 21 wins and 0.908. However, now he finds himself as the starting goalie in the finals. Sure, he already has a couple cups, but that was as a backup, playing a minor role. Now is his chance to prove that he is one of the best goalies in the league. He is already on his way, helping to knock off the best team during the regular season, the San Francisco Pride.

Code:
I’m going with Connor O’Reilly, of the Calgary Dragons. O’Reilly is a guy who has been very solid for the Dragons for a while, but he hasn’t really been putting up many points in the playoffs. He only has 1 goal and 4 assists so far. He also has been credited with 10 shots blocked, and is a +11, which is the highest among defensemen in the playoffs. His partner, Boychuk has been putting up all the points on defense for the Dragons. I think Connor gets some credit for Boychuk’s performance. Having a steady, reliable veteran like O’Reilly as a partner on D allows Boychuk some freedom to get more involved in the offense. He knows that Connor will always be in position, so he can take more calculated risks. This kind of thing doesn’t show up on the score sheet, but it shows up in the success of his team.

Code:
TASK FOUR: What rookies or young players are looking to make a name for themselves during the Finals? How have they contributed to the team on the way to the Finals? Must be at least 150 words, and include two statistics.
The young guy I’m looking at in the playoffs is Mike Izzy. He’s not the youngest guy guy on the roster, but he’s developed enough to really start making a difference for them. Even though he backed out of the power forward build, which I find disappointing, he still adds solid physical play, which every team needs. He has the most hits on the Dragons with 46. He also has chipped in more goals that I think most people would have expected. He has 6 goals, one of which was a game winner, in the 11 games they have played so far, shooting 22%. I do expect that shooting percentage will come down, but for now, he’s shooting the puck very well. They will need him to continue to add a physical presence, and chip in a goal every now and again, and I think they have a very good shot at beating the Rage.

Code:
TASK SIX: You’re the coach of a team in the finals. What changes would you make to the roster, lines or strategies of the team to give the team a better chance at winning the series? Must be at least 150 words.
The biggest thing I want to add to Calgary would require a roster move. I want to see a true power forward on either their 1st or 2nd line. Sure, you get a bit of physical play from Kurczewski and Izzy on those lines, but neither are true power forwards, who will really lean on the opposing team. Someone to really make the Manhattan players uncomfortable on every shift. The other thing I’d like to do, is either move another goal scoring forward to their third line, or play it a little more defensively. The third line hasn’t really done much, so I’d like to try to give them a little boost to their scoring, or try to just break even when they’re on the ice. Right now, they are the only forwards on the Calgary roster that are minuses. If that line is a bit more even, it should help them against a Rage team that doesn’t have as much forward depth.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Brett Kennedy of the Manhattan Rage has got to be the unsung hero in these playoffs. He is not a flashy player and puts up nothing impressive in the points department, but god damn is he an effective shut down forward. With his 45 hits he is second on the Rage only to all star Ace Redding. He is willing to get into those tough positions along the boards and fight hard to win the puck for his team. This helps gets the Rage possession and Kennedy is then able to feed it to a more adept goal scorer. This shows with Kennedy's 5 assists but also his measly 9 shots on goal. He is an unselfish player that is willing to sacrifice his own well being to get a win. If the Rage are able to pull of the win don't under estimate how much of an impact Kennedy had on the result.

The answer to this question has to be Roman Augustus. There are only two rookies in this finals, one on each team. Evgeny Yakikov, Manhattan's rookie, might have a difficult time contributing to the team with his zero minutes of ice time per game. But, on the other side Augustus has been a star the Dragons. He has put up 8 assists in only 11 games. A very impressive effort by the young star. He has, however, not yet found the back of the net. Maybe it will come in this series, but that's not something he needs to do to be a big part of the team. On top of his 8 assists he has a solid 14 shot blocks. This player has been a star on both ends of the ice. Look for this kid to be a big part of the Dragons for a long time, if these playoffs are any indication of how good he is going to be.

TASK SIX: You’re the coach of a team in the finals. What changes would you make to the roster, lines or strategies of the team to give the team a better chance at winning the series? Must be at least 150 words.
I would change Manhattan's distribution of ice time for their forwards core. I do not like that their top 2 lines are playing 45% of the game each, while the third and fourth are both only playing 5%. I don't think that this tactic will help them win in any way, as they will just be having to play their shittier players more. But, this ice time inflation practice that the Rage are following is bull shit. I would throw the third line 10% more ice time at the minimum then have the first and second line playing 40% each. That seems like a better way to have the fatigue spread out over the whole forward group. It is not quite as drastic as what led to the Jets victory but it is still somewhat scummy. The distribution of ice time for the defenders is completely fair and I would leave that as is. St. Croix and Toohoots are getting a solid amount of ice time and as long as the top 4 are able to perform to their best for every moment that they are on the ice this is acceptable.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

The only rookie who had an impact for his team in the finals is Roman Augustus he archived 9 assists and also 21 blocked shots with these blockes shots he's tied number 3 in his team with these stats also noteable is Mike Izzy on this team he archived 6 goals in the playoffs 2 of this goals was scored on the powerplay, what is one goal more as the living legend Esa Anrikkanen these two players will be very important for the future of the dragons and will help them to win a cup very soon i defently wish the dragons the best of luck for the up coming seasons and maybe they will met with my chiefs in the finals very soon would be nice if the s35 draft class will met in the finals and fight for the cup in the near future to compeet with the draft beauty of s35 would be a blast

Code:
158 words

TASK SEVEN: Design a t-shirt or a rally towel for one of the teams in the finals. Must include some text (a slogan), the team’s logo and a local sponsor for the giveaway.
[Image: WTIiVEd.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S38 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.
[Image: lnVa3oV.jpg]

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

TASK SEVEN: Design a t-shirt or a rally towel for one of the teams in the finals. Must include some text (a slogan), the team’s logo and a local sponsor for the giveaway.

[Image: unknown.png]

- Michael Boychuk for the dragons hands down. Here you have a defenseman many have seemed to forget about when talking about the current greats of the game, who just keeps chugging along for the dragons and putting in WORK. He is 2nd on the team in points at 15 heading into the finals, +11, 25 blocked shots, and over 270 minutes played. Not only is he being a force offensively for his team, he is eating up the minutes like an all you can eat lobster buffet and blocking shots like a vagina cop in a group of girls out to just 'dance'. If the dragons are going to come even close to winning the cup this quiet, not so quiet performer is going to have to be on his 'A' game and just wrecking shit up for the team. The Defense around the league may not be as flashy as some of the big power forwards or snipers, but their role is no less important, and Boychuk is top tier for importance for this teams overall success. (178 Words)

TASK FIVE: It’s Zamboni time! The teams have been asked by the SHL offices to re-design their Zamboni with a Finals theme. Please use your creativity on this and make it specific to one of the teams in the finals. Must include a logo from a team in the Finals and a color scheme appropriate to the team.

[Image: 552_MachinePageFeaturedImgs.png]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S38 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: DragonsBanner.png]

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

While just about any veteran on the Prince George Firebirds has been a part of the team's now legendary drought and each have individually experience their own adversities, Vyskoc and Kane-Rielly come to mind, I believe those whom were acquired from Colorado in the infamous eight-pick trade earlier this season that saw Prince George go all in for winning the cup this season. Some of those Mammoths have spent the better part of five, long seasons chasing the chance at the cup but their time did not come. Next, they faced the criticisms of the public whom loudly voiced their displeased opinions over the blockbuster trade that sent them to British Columbia. Only one trial remains, for them and the entire Firebirds' squad: the Detroit Falcons. Indeed, the last step to five seasons-worth of relief for those Mammoths and the key to bringing the rains back to Prince George to remedy the Firebirds' parched mouths is a best of seven final championship series.

Front
[Image: jHhMEsZ.png]

Back
[Image: iKLNIMG.png]

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Calgary Dragons Goalie Richard C. Hocolate has had a wild ride to get to where he’s at now. Hocolate had been with the Dragons for many seasons now, but he was always stuck behind future Hall of Fame goalie Hunter Wong. Hocolate sat on the bench as Wong led the Dragons to a Cup win in S32, and another Cup appearance the year after. With Wong finally retired, a new challenge emerged, as management was rumored to have been in talks with various other teams in the league to acquire a new starter. Calgary was not enamored with Hocolate, as sometimes his work ethic was suspect throughout his career. Having nothing really going for them in the trade market, free agency, or finding a future starter in the draft, they went with Hoc, and while he struggled a bit during the season, he’s been great in the playoffs, getting the Dragons to the finals. (154)

The unsung hero of the playoffs so far has to be Michael Boychuk. Boychuk had a very weak regular season, notching only 27 points in 50 games for a PPG of 0.54. In the playoffs, however, Boychuk has 15 points in the Dragons’ 11 games so far for a PPG of 1.37. He’s really stepped his game offensively in the playoffs, and having him scoring is when the Dragons are most dangerous. Boychuk is also a +11 already in the playoffs, furthering the point that he’s been tilting the ice in the Dragons favor. Defensively, Boychuk only had 58 shot blocks in 50 games. In the playoffs? Boychuk’s 25 shot blocks have been just as helpful as anything he’s been doing on the ice. He’s nearly doubled his shot blocks per game total, and he’s playing the like Michael Boychuk of old. As long as he keeps this up, the Dragons are going to be tough to beat in a seven game series. (164)

The Calgary Dragons have gotten to where they are at this point because of the play of a lot of their younger players who are finally starting to come into their own. Mike Izzy is a hard-hitting forward who’s known more for checking people into the boards than putting the puck in the net. Izzy totaled 15 goals, 31 points, and 192 hits in the regular season. In the playoffs, he’s stepped up his offensive game, getting 6 goals in 11 games so far. All the while, he’s still dishing out the hits, as he has 46 hits in the post season. Dani Forsberg is the other youngster that’s stepping up for the Dragons. His regular season consisted of 25 points and 122 hits himself. Forsberg has nearly doubled his points per game in the playoffs, as he’s already gotten 10 points himself in the 11 games played, to go along with another 36 hits. Everyone likes to say the Dragons are old and dying, yet these two are part of the new blood in Calgary, and they’re developing right before our very eyes. (185)

The one thing I would do if I were the Calgary Dragons’ coach would be to ride our big horses a bit more. We have generational players at each spot on line 1 alone. Esa Anrikannen is a surefire hall of famer who’s already won everything there is to win. He has an SMJHL award named after him. Randy Randleman took that torch from Esa and became one of the best SHL players in modern history. He was just ranked #1 on the Top 100 list. Joe Kurczewski doesn’t have the accomplishments of the other two just yet, but he’s got 1800+ TPE and is (hopefully) well on his way to having the same type of career. Why are they only playing 35% of the game? I’d take a page out of Manhattan’s book and run my best players at 45% or so. I know that Calgary has a great up and coming core, but this is the playoffs, just run the best players until they die. (167)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

The player I think who has gone through the most adversity to reach where he is at right now is undoubtedly Manhattan Rage forward Luke Atmey. Atmey was originally drafted by the Hamilton Steelhawks 2nd overall in the S32 SHL Entry Draft. However not long after, the Steelhawks claimed that Atmey was a cancer to the team that had no future with the organization and unceremoniously shipped him to the Manhattan Rage along with a second round pick in exchange for a first round pick.

Upon his arrival in Manhattan, Atmey was expected to fill the scoring void left by the departure of VLAD McZehrl. This was no small feat but was a lot to expect of a young player who had just been traded. Lastly Atmey faced controversy this season. After a poor preseason showing he was demoted to the second line. Atmey has had his second worst season is his career (other than his rookie season. Despite this he has put up a strong performance to lead the Rage to the finals!

The Manhattan Rage have really got to this point in the SHL finals due to a team effort. While it is easy to talk about Jason Aittokallio 93.6 save percentage or Luke Atmey’s 13 points in 14 games, one player who has gone quietly under the radar is defenseman Hunky Monkey.

The Manhattan Rage blueline has some big names who have had big performances. The big 3 of Wollker, Windsor, and Nuck have 13, 11, and 9 points respectively. Hunky Monkey is only one point behind Nuck with 8 points and has been able to step up to give the Rage a very formidable top 4 this playoffs. Monkey also sits at a plus 4 plus/minus rating and has played a physical brand of hockey with 30 hits in 14 games. He also sacrificed his body plenty with 19 blocked shots. While his name may not be as well known as the other 3 Rage defenders, he has been equally as important thus far in the playoffs.

The Manhattan Rage have a number of young players who are looking to make a name for themselves in their first ever playoff appearance!

Luke Atmey makes his playoffs debut this season after missing the playoffs every season previously with the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Manhattan Rage. Atmey has quickly shown he is a playoff performer. He leads the Rage in goals with 6 and has 13 points in 14 games. A very impressive performance that will need to continue if the Rage hope to hoist the cup.

Atmey’s linemate Crossfit Jesus and Brett Kennedy are also making their SHL playoff debuts. Jesus has been a solid contributor with 3 goals and 2 assists thus far and has boosted a +5 rating. Kennedy has also been very solid with 6 points thus far and has been a menace physically dishing out 45 hits.

This young line for the Manhattan Rage has undoubtedly made a name for themselves with their playoff debut which bolds well for the future.

If I was the coach of the Manhattan Rage, I would make one key to change to the lineup that would ensure we would win the cup! Manhattan’s leading scorer Luke Atmey has been playing on the second line. This is obviously just silly! He should be playing on the first line as he is the team’s leading goal scorer, it is just logical. Also, he should be getting much more ice time. Atmey is currently averaging 21 minutes a game. That is 5th among Manhattan Rage forwards. In comparison, Calgary Dragons superstar Randy Randleman plays 25.5 minutes a game. This is more in the range of minutes that Atmey should be playing. This will obviously lead to more goals for the team. Lastly, I would also slightly increase the minutes of the third line. Colt, Razin, and Jones have been a plus 5 through the playoffs and have played well despite their limited role. I would give this line more of a chance to step up and shut down the top scorers of the Dragons.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

TASK THREE: [Image: shllogo.png]

TASK FIVE: [Image: ZAMBONI.png]

TASK SEVEN: [Image: TSHIURT.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: [Image: BANNER.jpg]

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

TASK ONE:

In my opinion Calgary starting goalie Richard C Hocolate has overcome the most adversity to be where he is today. It wasn't bad adversity or anything, he just had to be very patient and wait for his opportunity to be the Dragons starting goalie. He waited quite a while after being taken in the 1st round of the S29 draft. He was always a great back up and positive team member, but it wasn't until last season, S37, that he got the opportunity to become the starter after the retirement of Hunter Wong. As we know goaltending is very important in the playoffs, after Hocolate got a taste last season in a 7 game series loss, he came into these S38 playoffs with some experience and has really been a difference maker for the Dragons, especially in round 2 against the Jets. Now he has a chance to win the cup as a starting goalie. All his patience and hard work could pay off with a championship, time will tell. Whatever happens he’s earned the right to be in the finals. [150+]

TASK FOUR:

The Dragons currently have 5 young players in their rookie or sophomore season playing in the cup finals. Rookie Roman Augustus is joined by sophomores Dani Forsberg, Mike Izzy, Casey Creller and Chuck Goody Jr. All players are in key roles for the Dragons and have been solid contributors leading up to this point. Forsberg has 10 points in 11 games with 31 hits, Izzy has 6 goals and 7 points in 11 games along with 46 hits and a hat trick. Augustus leads the youth movement on D with 8 assists, 15 hits and 14 blocks. The pairing of Creller and Goody Jr have been solid as well with a combined 3 points and +6 rating, along with 27 hits and 15 blocks. The contributions of all these young players has been very important in helping the Dragons get back to the finals for the 5th time in 11 seasons. With any luck we'll see this group hoist their first Challenge Cup together here in Season 38. [150+]

TASK FIVE:

[Image: 22e22e.jpg]

TASK SEVEN:

[Image: wet-tshirt_1_2.jpg]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Task 3
[Image: HlSOjT5.jpg]

Task 5
[Image: MMRQF7c.jpg]

Task 7
[Image: BPN7psF.jpg]

Task 8
[Image: cH3AMsB.jpg]

The player who had to go through the most adversity is the Detroit Falcon's own, Connor Blackwell, a center. The first thing he had to go to that slowed him down was dealing with Scarecrows alum Tigole Bitties, Teddy Cuddles, and Tor Tuck when they came down to watch the Falcons vs Scarecrows series. The alumni did many things to try to take his head out of the game. For example, the three recorded a tape of them running a train on his sister. This of course agitated and messed Blackwell up in the head. However, he used these emotions to better his play and make the finals. Another hurdle that Blackwell had to leap over was his incredibly unattractive looks. On draft day, it was rumored that he would go undrafted because no general manager could look at his face without crying. However, Blackwell proved that he was talented enough to be drafted and the Detroit Falcons risked their vision and chose the young star. However, the Falcons made sure that his head is covered by a paper back or other device of the sort at all practices and team events.

My choice for the unsung hero of the S38 Playoffs is Manhattan Rage forward Ace Redding. Redding has been an absolute force for the Rage and has truly done it all in these playoffs. Redding has been extremely impressive in all areas of the gane and has truly proved himself as a complete player. Ace Redding has been one if Manhattan’s better scorers in this postseason, racking up a gand total if 18 points for the Rage. While being a player with high offensive firepower, Redding has also been easily the most physical and gritty player in these playoffs. He has been an absolute force, steamrolling opponents left and right. Redding racked up a total of 92 hits in 20 games, which is an unbelievable rate of 4.6 hits per game. With that pace in a 50 game regular season. Redding would have racked up an unbelievable 230 hits. With this absolutely fantastic display of all around greatness, I would even argue that ace Redding should be the MVP if the playoffs. His play was impossible to handle for other teams and he was a huge difference maker in the Rage’s cup win

Mike Izzy, a sophomore winger for the Calgary Dragons will be trying to make a big name for himself as a great all around player in the S38 Challenge Cup finals. Izzy is a great all around player, much line Rage forward Ace Redding. Izzy is a physical beast and a great offensive player and has been very impressive for such a young player making his first deep playoff run. Izzy has been clutch with his goal scoring, potting in 6 playoff goals, one of which was an important game winner. He has also been very physicao, racking up 61 hits and 26 PIMS, making him a big presence on the ice. He has been hard to handle with his physical play, and he proved himself as one of the best third liners in the entire league at this young of an age. Izzy has such a high ceiling and he will only be going up fron here.

If I was the coach of the Calgary Dragons, I would make very few changes. However, one change that I believe may be beneficial for the Challenge Cup Finals is moving up gritty forward Mike Izzy to the top line. This may seem strange, however, his physical play an dgrit would be a huge help to the team. First, it would make a lot of room for superstars Joe Kurczewski and Randy Randleman to do their thing and put pucks in the net. With the hard work from Izzy, the two stars would have way more space out there to light the lamp. Another reason that I would move Izzy up is to combat the physical play if Rage forward Ace Redding. Redding is a huge problem fir any team with his outstanding physical play. I don’t see anybody on the Dragons who can stand up to that besides Mike Izzy. Mike Izzy’s Physt play could prove to be an equalizer to Redding and may be able to contain the beast that could cause some huge problems for the Dragons. More ice time would also let Izzy beat down and wear down the opponent, something that is important for every cup winning team

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

TASK 3

[Image: A170_A188-3076-4_DD0-9_B8_E-887_E7_C7428_EA.png]

TASK 5

[Image: 0735_A538-5_E4_B-4_CE5-8_B06-239_F24_A3_CB62.png]

TASK 7

[Image: 1855_E68_D-67_CE-4_E63-95_C9-6_DEFC67_A5_F87.png]

TASK 8

[Image: C38_F5774-_A29_D-46_FD-8605-_B1_CD954_D2712.png]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Its kind of easy to pick a player that has overcome so much. The first guy that comes to mind would be the perennial backup to Hunter Wong: Richard C. Hocolate. At the rip old age of 32, Hocolate got his first taste of starting. The hurdles didn't end there forRichard C. Hocolate. Once he finally got used to the regular season, play-offs hit. Most would have written him off giving reasons such as this will be a "learning experience" for him, or he will be the Dragons Achilles heel. However this was not the case. Up to this point he has an astounding 0.904 Save Percentage with a cool 2.83 GAA to back it up. With those statute has helped lead the Dragons to an 8-3 record. The Dragons have had a pleasant surprise in the form of Richard C. Hocolate, and a surprise they will continue to ride in their hopes of being champs.

Code:
156 words

For me, there were quite a few people who deserve the honour of play-off MVP. But the one that stands out in my opinion is Winston Windsor. He leads the Rage with points, which is interesting considering most would think of him as defensively minded. Windsor has 8 goals in the regular season, a total he matched in less than half the time. With 10 assists to boot, his 18 points in 20 games is quite astonishing to say the least. Those 18 points put him ahead of the franchise players Wyatt Wollker and Ace Redding. Finally, his most interesting stat is that he never took a penalty for the duration of the play-offs. Not one. His ability to stay out of the box and put up huge numbers was something the Rage needed for their cup run. With all of these incredible feats, there is no one else I could think of that is more deserving for MVP.

Code:
159 words

There were rookies a plenty in the play-offs showing off their skills. However Roman Augustus proved that the Dragons found their future franchise defender. While playing on the 2nd line pairing, Augustus recorded 9 assists. Even with those assists Roman found himself at a rather lacklustre -4. Despite the abysmal plus minus rating, he was still quite reliable playing an average of about 22 minutes per game. This helped veterans Michael Boychuk and Connor O’Reilly with their workloads. Even with the -4 rating, it was still much higher compared to some of his contemporaries. Veteran Nicholas Pedersen was at a -6, and Jagr only recorded 8 points. Despite the Dragons falling to the Manhattan Rage, the experience gained by Augustus and his team will not be lost. I whole heartedly expect Calgary to be competitive for seasons to come if they continue to develop their players, just as the have with Augustus.

Code:
152 words

When the Calgary Dragons were in the Finals, they. ran with an impressive top line of Kurczewski - Randleman - Anrikkanen. However with the Manhattan Rage's depth, I believe they could have used some secondary scoring. By moving Randleman down to the second line and playing on the fourth as well, this would have balanced the scoring around the team. With Randleman off the top unit, Mike Izzy would come to answer the call. Not only would the offensive capabilities of this team be spread around but Mike Izzy will be able to add some much needed physicality to the top line. This would provide an answer to the Rage's resident powerhouse Ace Redding. With someone able to keep up with Redding's physical play, the creative Anrikkanen and Kurczewski would be able to run amok. Shifting some of their defensemen would also help as Boychuk and Augustus are the only defencemen putting up decent number across the board.
Code:
156 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen