Create Account

Pay the GM's

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jan 26 2018, 05:09 PM
To be honest, I'm glad people like <a href='index.php?showuser=1119' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>artermis</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a> actually say things on here to start a conversation.

I do agree with Sym though, my bank account is big enough, don't get me wrong, I would love to be paid, but I think a better alternative would be to have a management budget, and I do remember one, don't know whatever happened to it, but it could be watch dogged to make sure it is getting used for what it should be.

The reason I'd rather that then a salary is because there is way more then just two people running any team at any level. In Montreal we have a 'management team' of former GM's around here that chime in to help out, and then you have your team leaders who help everyone do whatever, I'd feel way better paying those guys because most of the locker room guys are new in the SMJHL and don't have the big bank accounts, but still put in work most people don't see.

We’d get peanuts if given a management budget with the amount of people we have on our team. Smile)

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 26 2018, 07:17 PM

Can't speak for the SHL so much as the SMJHL (the SHL got rid of management budget first), but in our case only one or two teams were actually using it to pay people who were either GMs or helping out with management (i.e.: Avakael for scouting in Detroit when Finn and I were GMs ... we split the 3m three ways, 1m apiece). Instead, teams were using it to lure FAs, not reward users on their team who helped out in the ways you illustrated and described. I would imagine the circumstances were pretty similar in the "big league."

Yes I do remember that happening, that's why something of a watch dog or GM's keeping everyone honest would help going where it should. I could see it getting greasy in the SHL, and they might need a different approach or basic salaries, but I think the management budget could work in the SMJHL, there is no FA crazy systems or things like that.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jan 26 2018, 07:21 PM

Yes I do remember that happening, that's why something of a watch dog or GM's keeping everyone honest would help going where it should. I could see it getting greasy in the SHL, and they might need a different approach or basic salaries, but I think the management budget could work in the SMJHL, there is no FA crazy systems or things like that.

I vaguely remember suggesting in HO just holding the money until the end of the season, but can't remember why that didn't happen and can't be bothered to look it up. I'm sure I was outvoted or convinced otherwise for a valid reason but that was probably eight months ago at this point. Not gonna look it up on a Friday either, ngl. :lol:

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I’ll take this thread as a sign to watch out for the eventual coup d'état from the SMJHL GMs.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Quote:Originally posted by Storm@Jan 26 2018, 07:28 PM
I’ll take this thread as a sign to watch out for the eventual coup d'état from the SMJHL GMs.

I've already told you, I'm going to stage the coup.

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 26 2018, 08:17 PM

Can't speak for the SHL so much as the SMJHL (the SHL got rid of management budget first), but in our case only one or two teams were actually using it to pay people who were either GMs or helping out with management (i.e.: Avakael for scouting in Detroit when Finn and I were GMs ... we split the 3m three ways, 1m apiece). Instead, teams were using it to lure FAs, not reward users on their team who helped out in the ways you illustrated and described. I would imagine the circumstances were pretty similar in the "big league."
I mean, it was under my udnerstanding that the management budget was for what over we deemed necessary.

That being said I didn't necessarily lure in FA's with it, but did use to supplement their contract so as to take pressure off of the budget

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Jan 26 2018, 07:30 PM

I mean, it was under my udnerstanding that the management&nbsp; budget was for what over we deemed necessary.

That being said I didn't necessarily lure in FA's with it, but did use to supplement their contract so as to take pressure off of the budget

Phrase it however you like, the point is teams were using it towards new player acquisitions, not capacities that involved rewarding people for work towards their team. A couple of teams put it towards end-of-season awards, but most did exactly what you just described, which we could accomplish by just folding mgmt budget into the cap and increasing the max salary to make up for the money loss to players.

Nikolai Evans

shl money is even more of a social constuct than regular money

I have been around awhile and I am fairly certain I have done every single job here at some point.

The absolute hardest time I had with any position was easily junior GM, and that a shade ahead of updating.

Junior GM is much more time consuming, you are basically a mentor, an updating assistant, a banking assistant, as well as GM, need to build or maintain your own player and still have time to enjoy the site yourself.

After that, updating is tedious, banking is as well but less, I'd off mself before being PT lead again and Junior HO was easily the best job.

Anyway I digress.

Perhaps

GMs receive 2m per playoff round won?

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sehnsucht@Jan 26 2018, 07:52 PM
I have been around awhile and I am fairly certain I have done every single job here at some point.

The absolute hardest time I had with any position was easily junior GM, and that a shade ahead of updating.

Junior GM is much more time consuming, you are basically a mentor, an updating assistant, a banking assistant, as well as GM, need to build or maintain your own player and still have time to enjoy the site yourself.

After that, updating is tedious, banking is as well but less, I'd off mself before being PT lead again and Junior HO was easily the best job.

Anyway I digress.

Perhaps

you really gotta try and be a backup goalie/co-gm combo. its the best. i'm like a better garth snow

Quote:Originally posted by Sehnsucht@Jan 26 2018, 07:52 PM

Anyway I digress.

Perhaps

The bonus thing would also work with a small base, that way you could keep GM's engaged instead of wondering if someone is slacking just to make money. So playoff and cup bonuses.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride