Create Account

Global Simulation Hockey League

Code:
I will be posting on behalf of the Owner and President of the GSHL, who do not have an account here.

<div align="center">[Image: GSHL_Logo.png]
Global Simulation Hockey League - Official Site</div>

So, What Is The GSHL?
The Global Simulation Hockey League is a new league, created by Tom Pepper and Eric Walsh, taking a different approach to the world of hockey simulation, mixing in simulation broadcasting, and player interaction through Discord.

Okay, so what does the GSHL Use?
Their simulation system will be on NHL 18. There are player creation charts to follow for skaters and goalies, and it's fairly easy to make a player.

What does the GSHL Look like, how many teams?
We have established six teams for this coming season.
- Toronto Ice Vikings (GM Tom Pepper)
- Hamilton Monarchs (GM Joey McCarty)
- Montreal Redhawks (GM Eric Walsh)
- New York Rebellion (GM Brett Kennedy)
- Portland Privateers (GM Rick Sanchez)
- Chicago Thunderbirds (GM Brady Agoney)
Each team will need 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies to start the season. So 72 players will need to sign up in order for the season to commence. We also have positions open for head coaching, and scouting.

How Will We Be Able To Watch Our Games?
The GSHL plans to broadcast all their games onto YouTube to start the season, in order to gain new viewers and start a fanbase for the league. We hope to expand ourselves in the coming seasons.

How do I Sign Up
You'll be able to sign up though this Discord link here and you'll be instantly joined into the general GSHL Chat thread, where you can introduce yourself and get accustomed to the GSHL Community.

When Will The Season Begin?
The season begin date is pending as of right now. We would like to fill out rosters before we get a start date. We have a schedule planned on the website, but the season has yet to be dated as of right now.

So, if you feel like you want a different feel to a hockey simulation place, we have plenty of open spots available. Come join us at the Global Simulation Hockey League today!

<div align="center">https://discord.gg/9QBRFQA</div>

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

Gonna put a quick update on here, because we had a recurring question come up when coming onto the discord channel.

So, Is this an EASHL League?
It is not. What is being done is that Tom will be simulating games through exhibition mode, followed by some editing to broadcast the game on YouTube, and the player creation process is not used by your EASHL player, rather just the simple 'Create a Player' option in the game.

So, what are current situations for the team?
Toronto - Tom has found themselves filled up already, with a full 12 players. They will no longer accept players as of right now.
Hamilton - It looks like Hamilton only has two or three players signed, so Joey is always looking for people interested in joining the Monarch
Montreal - Eric has only made one signing on the team, so the Redhawks are very much looking for players willing to play in Quebec this season.
New York - The Rebellion have started to make a foundation with 6 players signed as of right now. They are still looking for help on the right side, along with a few more defensemen and a backup goalkeeper.
Portland - The swashbuckling Privateers have made four signings so far, primarily on the forward front. They will be looking for some defensive help, and a starting goaltender.
Chicago - Brady talked to me earlier this morning, and said that he's only looking for a centerman and defenseman to simply meet the minimum requirements*, but he will be happy to add more to his team.

*Minimum Requirements for each team is 3 forwards, 2 defenseman and a goalie.

If you have any questions about the league, or would like to join, the link to the discord page are on the original post. Hope to see you guys out there!

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

toronto just traded their starting goalie for a sandwich

<center>[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

"Hey how's your weekend going? ...Really ...that busy.....wow...that's tough ran outta nacho fries at the taco bell ...damn that sucks .
I'll make this brief. ..give yourself a cheap buzz and sign up over at The GSHL...takes like twenty minutes * and you can meet some awesome people and later on see your player on YouTube ..which is great in case your waiting in line for more nacho fries..or if you're stuck working a graveyard shift ..or if Deadpool 2 was sold out for the 7:30 showing...or your bored with the Deadpool video game..or say you forgot to buy your boo some roses for Valentine's Day and you need to distract her till you can scramble over to that kid on the corner selling a dozen 1/2 dead ones for $35....you get the idea try it out you'll enjoy yourself. "

*DISCLAIMER- Ghostspeeds time approximations are completely speculative and should never be taken as fact..Actually never mind just try GSHL.

See BK s Discord link in the OP.</center>

Looking for more people! Portland needs one defender to be sim ready for tonight. A lot more spots open on Chicago, Hamilton, and New York!

Come join us! It's been fun so far. Unique community. And the NHL18 streams make it an interesting time!

Discord Link

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

We still need guys for the Chicago team. Join now, so we can get the league started!

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

The league is growing! 2 expansion teams and 8 minor league teams! Come on in while the getting is good!

[Image: cashsavage.gif]

I'd deeply recommend people not join this league, unless the owner has decided that he's not too lazy to update more than 12 players in the sim engine a week. Absolutely impossible to be one of those 12 unless you spend more time talking in that league's discord server than what most people invest in the SHL to actually get a good player.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

The top 10 active people in the league get 1 bonus point.......not enough to make much of a difference. If your player build is good and plays good you get many more points to put into your player.

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Mar 17 2018, 06:41 AM
I'd deeply recommend people not join this league, unless the owner has decided that he's not too lazy to update more than 12 players in the sim engine a week. Absolutely impossible to be one of those 12 unless you spend more time talking in that league's discord server than what most people invest in the SHL to actually get a good player.

Yeah it's really not that great, I recommend against it as well.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Pretty terrible league and surprisingly toxic for how young it is. Highly recomend avoiding it.

I'm curious as to if either of you two have read the gshl progession page?

It's a great league in my opinion.....but I'm gonna back away now lol

that website looks like shit tbh

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Quote:Originally posted by Cash savage@Mar 17 2018, 10:21 AM
I'm curious as to if either of you two have read the gshl progession page?

I'm not in the league, but I just tried. Emphasis on tried. Why is it a three-page PDF for any reason other than to piss people off?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page