Create Account

Poll: What Should BK Do For His Next GM Venture?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
NBA Live 2005 - Dynasty Mode
0%
0 0%
NBA 2K18 - MyLeague (With Created Players!Wink
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NBA Live 2005 OR NBA 2K18 GM Mode?

So, I stated this back in one of the Weekend Funtime PT's that I wanted to get back into the whole 'interactive GM Mode' work again. I did it last year with MLB 17: The Show, and it had moderate success. This time, I kinda want to revive one of my older excursions that I did, back on my first run through in the SHL.

So, I've narrowed it down to two, and they're both basketball related;

- NBA Live 2005's Dynasty Mode

You'll see on this thread that I did a Dynasty Mode with the Charlotte Bobcats and got roughly half way through the 2005 season before I didn't get enough interest from people and said 'Well, if you guys ain't watching it, then it's not worth it'. I really feel, and have felt for the past couple years, that I was extremely premature with it, and at least should have gone a full season with it before making a verdict.
NBA Live 2005 was my game for AGES on the PC, however I can't download it onto my laptop (thanks, no disk drive). I simulated it before on my old Gamecube, but I sold that 2 years ago and bought a PS2 instead. However, I do have the NBA Live game for that system now. Looking at the teams again, I'd probably pick Charlotte again, and maybe do a few different things. However, I would consider doing another poll for that, having you guys choose what team I play as, and you can throw something like 'Pick San Antonio and trade every person on there for other guys'. This one is always open to suggestions, since I spent YEARS on this game, and I will always go back to a game I used all the time for nostalgic reasons.

The Plan:
- One month sims per day or every two days.
- Detailed analysis on what's going on with the team, the league, and the prospect pool
- Monthly standings updates
- A pre-sim post of what I plan to do
- A post-sim analysis of who is hot, who is not.
- Users would give me suggestions on what I should do next, and I would try to make it happen

- NBA 2K18 MyLeague Mode - With Created Players!

Back in April of 2014, I did a much similar one to what I usually did, and this one had some success. I had a small batch of players to work with, compared to the baseball one that had a TON more, but it was still successful for the guys who could come in. The big thing for me was the interactive player names and such joining in a draft class, and having fate decide what team they would join. This was cool as well, because trades could happen in a heartbeat, and it added elements to the game to it, just as it did with baseball. This time, I should be able to work with a bigger batch of players, and it would very much be easy to track with the MyLeague mode being easy to work and quick to sim.

The Plan
- One season sims per 2 or 3 days
- Starting at the 2017 NBA Draft, and adding these players into the 2017 Draft Class
- Later draft classes could include players who join late in the sims.
- Less so, but detailed standings and award winners.
- Any marquee moments by created players would be posted.
- Could choose to do pre-deadline or post-deadline rosters beforehand
- OPTIONAL: Create 2 expansion teams to join the league, add a new element to the league.

I wanted to know what you guys would be more interested in seeing/doing with me. I'd imagine that the more interactive MyLeague would jump out more to you guys, but I wanted to throw in the NBA Live one because I've wanted to bring it back for a long time, I just don't know if I would have the audience to do it with here. But, regardless, let me know what you'd want to see, and I'll see to do it within the next week or so.

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

Bumpskies for the morning crew.

#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

Bumpskies for the Sunday afternoon crew, then.

#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

HEY, GUYS. COME VOTE THEN I MIGHT ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING HERE.

#Quest2Play4EveryTeam