Create Account

S39 Championship Week

Code:
TASK ONE: There are two options for this task.

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

After an incredibly crushing near sweep to the Vancouver Whaler's, I needed some sort of reprieve and mental break from the unending grind that was my season. After last years disappointing end, and the general rapid climb that the Mammoths underwent this season, I genuinely believed that we were contenders for the championship, which only made the inevitably decimation from Vancouver all the more painful. Over the past season, I had developed an extremely strong bond with our backup net-minder Grim Wastlund, and despite only being a second year pro myself, I took it upon myself to impart every bit of wisdom and advice I could on him, and in turn he did the same for me in what was an extremely promising pairing. As a result of how much he improved my overall game, I decided to arrange a vacation for both of us to Hawaii as a brief get-away from the game of hockey, where both of us could finally just decompress mentally and reset properly for the coming season. Despite the time in paradise, we've still tried to haphazardly follow both the SMJHL and SHL playoff races, as it's clear that no matter how hard you try to enact a mental break from the game, the game refuses to let go.

214 words

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

In a world where MVP's and hero's are typically the flashy forwards who can score goals from impossible angles, or the play makers who make seeing-eye passes a regular occurrence, I've often leaned towards defencemen who can be under the radar statistical monsters as my unsung hero's, and the major proponents of their teams success. In this particular instance, I wanted to look at Vancouver Defenceman, Danny Mete. While he doesn't quite have the point production of fellow teammate Liam O'Callaghan, Mete has put forward an incredibly well-rounded statistical display, ranging from his 7 points in 8 games proving that he's a force offensively, to his 7 blocked shots, 18 hits and 15 shots. Doing this while averaging nearly 22 minutes a game already, while being relied upon to play hard PP and PK minutes on top of his regular duties, Mete is one of those defenders that any goalie would absolutely adore playing behind, and that's why he'd be my front-runner for unsung hero of the playoffs.

168 words

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo

PM Sent!

Code:
TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

The upcoming SHL playoff final between Minnesota and Los Angeles is one of those fascinating stylistical match-up's, where in my opinion it's an arms race between an immovable object and an unstoppable force. Simply looking down the point totals to-date in the playoffs, Minnesota has 7 players in the top 10 of scoring, to Los Angeles's total of 2. While it would be easy to pick any of the high scoring forwards of Minnesota, I believe that this match-up is balanced on a pinhead, between Minnesota's Max Weber, and Los Angeles's Timo Haas. While it may seem odd to compare a defenceman and goalie from opposite teams, in this instance I feel it's prudent as the strength of Los Angeles has fallen upon the otherworldly performance so far by their goalie, which will undoubtedly be the pillar of strength that they rely upon to win a series against a team with significantly more firepower. On the other hand, the difference in goalie performance between Haas and Olli O'Koivu is rather significant, which is why I tapped Max Weber as a major factor to not only be a world-class offensive defenceman, but also to leverage his high shot-blocking and commitment to team defence as the catalyst behind bridging the gap in goalie performance and ensuring his team walks away with the championship at the end of the series. This one is going to be fascinating to watch.

236 words

Code:
Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Sebastian Strange Chiefs

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

If you are a player in the Challenge/Four Star Cup: How is your player feeling for the Finals? Are they nervous or excited? Are they ready? Write at least 150 words about the few days before the beginning of the Finals for your player and how they prepared for the series.

If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

After Texas narrowly missed the playoffs, Vader took a week off to relax his body and mind after another grueling season in the SHL. He will kick back and watch the first and second round action in the playoffs before slowing getting on the bike, taking some runs and lacing the skates back up again. During this time as well, Vader will continue to watch what he eats as his personal chef will still cook for him like its still during the season. Vader will meet up with Justice and Andrezjeck during the off season as well to do a multitude of things both on and off the ice to get ready for the next season. Off the ice, they will hit the gym together to lift weights and go through an exercise routine together. On the ice, they will do all kinds of drills from stick handling to skating and shooting as well to work on their defensive positioning together. They will also do some other fun things together as well since the group is pretty tight together.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The unsung hero for the playoffs so far for me is Los Angeles Panthers goaltender, Timo Haas. Through 8 games, he has won 7 of them in leading the Panthers to an upset over Calgary and within one game of an upset of Winnipeg which the Panthers accomplished. His GAA ranks first overall in the playoffs at a 1.89 which is nearly a goal better than the next goalie and his save percentage of .941 is also tops in the playoffs and is .31 better than the next goalie as well. He also has one shutout in the playoffs as well and in those 8 games, has only given up 16 goals.

Coming out of the #4 spot in the west, LA had to have great goaltending in order to make it out of the first round and not only have they gotten that, Haas has led them to the SHL Finals with the very thing you need to win a championship and that is a hot netminder.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru

nalzgaoaronzbo

sent

TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

For Los Angeles, Sophia Bennett will have to continue to be a beast on the ice. She leads the team in goals with 7 through 8 games and has the most points as well for the Panthers with 13 and is a +8. While she doesn’t take the body, she opens up ice for her teammates and will have to find that open teammate with her great passing skills. She also leads the team in power play goals with two and power play points with four as special teams play an important role in the playoffs as well.

For Minnesota, goaltender Olli O’Koivu is not only going to have to continue his strong play but also improve upon his .910 save percentage and lower his GAA of 2.68 as the Panthers are playing tough team defense right now. The Chiefs definitely have the offense to score 3-4 goals on the Panthers but Olli the goalie is going to be called upon to shut the door in key situations to help deliver Minnesota the Cup.

<center>

The players of the Montreal Militia have not been short of spare time during the last month as the action of the SMJHL playoffs has played out. The team's goaltender Cédric Moreau has spent a lot of the time practicing with the Manhattan Rage, his SHL team. He has been taking part in some one to one practice with their current head coach Jakub Aittokallio, one of the greatest goaltenders in SHL history and a fine mentor to a player learning to find their feet in the league. Cédric has also spent some time practicing with the Militia's rookie backup goaltender, Walter Hobbs, working to help him improve his game so he can be ready to step in when the time comes that Cédric must leave the SMJHL behind. It hasn't been all work so far, as Cédric has allowed himself to go on a vacation with his family. Cédric treated his family to a holiday to South Africa with some of the endorsement money he had been given, a way of giving back to them after they gave so much to him as he grew up.

Code:
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 187

For a player who has made a reputation for himself as someone who likes to get violent and direct with the opposition, Danny Foster of the Los Angeles Panthers has been something of a dark horse during the S39 playoffs by not just backing up his aggression with good play, but by performing to a very high level and as one of the best defensemen in the entire league! In the 8 games that Foster had played in at the time of writing, he had scored 9 points. This was the best points total out of any of the players in his position on his team and the third best in the league! This doesn't mean however that Foster has become timid, quite the opposite in fact. In addition to scoring a lot of points, Foster has also scored 36 hits and been involved in 2 fights. He certainly isn't backing down when it is time to put his body on the line. Foster may not be the biggest name playing in the cup finals, but he has definitely been one of the best performers up to this point!

Code:
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 189

I've completed the task as specified!

It might just be my positional bias as a goaltender that makes me think this, but when it comes to looking at a series like this I always believe that the true difference makers are those men stood between the pipes. In this series, that will be Timo Haas for the Los Angeles Panthers, and for the Minnesota Chiefs, Olli O'Koivu! I think that both of these players have the potential to be the MVP of this series. They are two goaltenders who are elite in almost every way, they play to an incredibly high level, they compete to the end and they will never be criticised for lack of trying. The fact that two of the most elite goaltenders in the league during recent memory are meeting in the cup finals is definitely something to be very excited about! The standard of play in this series will be extremely high and I think that whichever team's goaltender is able to give the better showing will be the one that leaves victorious! I think that both Haas and O'Koivu are potential MVPs for the cup finals, and I shall be very excited to see which of them emerges as a champion!

Code:
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 201 words

</center>

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Connor Blackwell has kicked off his off season after his elimination from the Four Star Cup Playoffs by going on a golf trip with Tatu Makela, his teammate from the Detroit Falcons. They golfed much of the British Columbia courses by Connor's hometown of Canal Flats, British Columbia. The two young players are preparing for another years in the SHL. Connor Blackwell's future is unknown with the Hamilton Steelhawks, he might be playing with them this season, and he might be playing with the Detroit Falcons once again.

Makela will be going up to the Buffalo Stampede to log big minutes and play an important role for the Eastern team. Both of their time with the Falcons will be important to their futures as the development of both players since going 1+2 OA in the S37 SMJHL draft has been rapid.

Additionally, Blackwell has been working even more on his game to be the best player out of the S38 class and prove all the haters wrong about his playstyle and potential in the SHL.

[267]

My unsung hero of the playoffs would have to be Eero Hämäläinen of the Minnesota Chiefs. He had the 4th most ice-time for the Chiefs, but also led the Chiefs in defensive scoring, with 3 goals and 12 assists. He was also a driving force on the Chiefs power play, racking up 1 goal and 4 assists through 48 power play minutes. With defensive scoring like this from their depth players, it was easy to see that the Minnesota Chiefs would be able to outscore the Los Angeles Panthers through their depth.

Additionally, Eero's defensive scoring put him at 1st in defensive scoring for the entire S39 SHL Playoffs. Getting that kind of production out of players that are playing on the second defensive pairing is massive to the Chiefs, and I would have to say that Hamalainen was one of the driving factors behind the Chiefs defeating the Panthers.

[150]

pm'd

I think that Timo Haas and Olli O'Koivu are the players that have to stand out the most in order for them to win. Both teams are scoring a lot of goals, and both teams have had phenomenal goaltending throughout the playoffs, capped off with Koivu and Haas posting .919 and .917 save percentages. I think that even though a lot of goals were scored in this series, it would have been much more offensively filled had Koivu and Haas not played to their maximum potential.

It's rare to see a goaltender battle in the Challenge Cup finals, but we were all treated to a delightful performance from both O'Koivu, who is finding both his new name and a starting position in the SHL, and Timo Haas in his last SHL season. With the Chiefs stacking up as one of the perennial contenders for the Challenge Cup, I think that I will find myself writing about more Minnesota Chiefs in the coming future.

[163]

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?

Sophia Bennett

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

TASK ONE
Tor Tuck is doing all kinds of traveling during this offseason, he’s trying to get a full tour of the United States but there have been some obvious delays over on the east coast and at this point he is about to throw in the towel on flying from major city to major city and just head over to Hawaii.

After Tor returns from Hawaii he will be going back to work with a new career and hobby he has been considering for some time now. After a lot of consideration, Tor Tuck has decided as part of his plan to set himself up for the future and to stay in shape during the off season by joining the Edmonton police academy. His teammate Yannick Berger will also be attending the academy and the two should take the city by storm. Yannick Berger’s motives are bit less transparent, but Tor Tuck is joining the force with the explicit goals of becoming a detective and receiving a license to kill.

I am sure this story will develop further as the off season continues.

For me the unsung hero of the playoffs was my man Michael McFadden. Now obviously the Edmonton Blizzard have been knocked out the playoffs. But they lost in a game 7 against the Jets. A few seasons ago people would have been surprised if Edmonton was in contention for a playoff spot after 10 games. This season they made it to the playoffs and fought hard. A lot of that success was predicated on the back of their newly acquired, veteran goalie Michael McFadden. McFadden faced the 2nd most shots in his games played with a whopping 247 in 7 games but still managed to have a very respectable save percentage of 0.907. To make the feat even more impressive McFadden was surrounded by a lot of young up and coming players but there isn’t a roster stacked with super stars in Edmonton yet. The stats McFadden put up with a young supporting cast are impressive in their own right. Fortunately, every season McFadden sticks it out with the Blizzard, the easier time he’ll have putting up good numbers and winning games in the playoffs because this team is on the upswing.

For the Los Angeles Panthers to pull out a win I think they’re going to need MVP level play from one of their top defenders, Danny Foster. Foster has been a beast among defensive men so far and is currently sitting at 1 goal and 8 assists. To further how well Danny has been playing, their point scoring streak is the longest left in the playoffs at 3 games. If they can make it to 3 or so more, I think the Panthers will take the cup home. Danny has also struggled with penalties though, and in the finals you have got to clean those up to have an impact.

On the other side of the Ice I am going back to defense with Alonzo Garbonzo. Now I ended up going with Garbonzo over somebody like Sebastian Strange because Strange is dominating and is going to get his points. The Chiefs need another player to step up and I think Garbonzo is that guy. I’ve seen Garbonzo have some monster playoff games and they could use a few more here. Garbonzo actually leaves all defensive men left with 2 goals and 8 assists, which ties him for 3rd in assists with Danny Foster. If Garbonzo can keep setting up others to score and take his shots when he can get them in the net, the Chiefs have a great shot at the win.

Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
Sebastian Strange

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

grffdse

Task 4

PM this Logan! Can't just give away the answers!

- Shane

TASK ONE:

I’ve decided to kick off the off season by taking my best bud and teammate Nickolas Pedersen on an adults only all inclusive cruise to the Bahamas. At first he wasn’t that excited about an adult only cruise, but I pointed out that “adult” means 18 and older do now he’s on board. I’ve agreed to take a side trip to Thailand on the way back, just can’t keep him away from the young Asians. We will be celebrating in style and watching the cup finals on the pools jumbo screen. Pedersen has signed up for a lot of deep tissue massages with specific attention paid to upper thigh and groin areas. After we return from Thailand Pedersen said he wants to lay low before pre season by helping me work on the jello pool in Bonk’s basement. I will be continuing to practice so I can kick some ass in season 40.

TASK TWO:
In my humble opinion Defenseman Danny Foster of the Los Angeles Panthers has been the unsung hero of the season 39 playoffs. While goal tender Timo Hass has been getting all the attention for his phenomenal performance through the playoffs knocking off number one seed Calgary and number two seed Winnipeg, foster, has been equally effective on the Blue line without getting much attention. Through the eight games that are posted on the index Foster is third in team scoring with 9 points, consisting of one goal and eight assists. This ranks number one among Los Angeles Panthers Defenseman, he also has 4 power play points, 1 PPG and three PPA to lead the panthers in special team scoring. To go along with his offensive numbers Foster also leads the Los Angeles Panthers with 36 hits, he’s also been strong in his own end boasting a plus 3 rating. Foster’s strong physical and offensive/defensive play is one reason the Panthers are in the cup finals.

TASK 4: pm sent

TASK SIX:

If Season 39 has shown us anything it’s that one thing holds most important GOALIE GOALIE GOALIE. In order to win the cup you have to have great goal tending this means I’m predicting whomever wins the Championship their goalie will be the MVP of the series, that means Timo Haas for the Los Angeles Panthers or Olli O’Koivu for the Minnesota Chiefs. As mentioned earlier Timo Haas has been amazing all through playoffs. Currently with a 7-1 record with a 0.941 save percentage and a 1.89 goals against average if he can build off those numbers and play similarly in the finals The Los Angeles Panthers will win the cup and he will be MVP of the series. I think even if Los Angeles doesn’t win the Championship cup he still has a chance to win MVP. In order for Minnesota to win Ollie has to be equally as good as his 7-1 record .910 save percentage and possibly improve on his 2.68 goals against average. If Minnesota wins Ollie has to play great and if so he has a shot at MVP.

Bonus Question: Sophia Bennett

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Quote:If not: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.

We all know that hockey is one of Ross' biggest passions but those who haven't met him personally may not know he is an avid gamer. While he does have some time to game during the season, his leisure time is always so rudely interrupted by practice or an SHL game. During the offseason however, he has a lot more free time and plays much more video games. He even plays a few games with his teammates regularly. Rainbow six Siege is one of the group's favorites While Ross himself personally enjoys pubg, a game he often plays with fellow teammate Karsten Kadinger. What Ross won't tell kadinger is that he really only plays with him to shoot out his tires and kill him at the end of the game to steal all his loot. Ross will have to leave the games behind at least momentarilly as he visits his family over the next week back in Canada, but rest assured he will be getting his hours in when he gets back and before the start of Season 40.

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

While all eyes are on playoff scoring leader Sophia Bennett, it is really the combined efforts of many of LAs players that lead to their appearance in the season 39 playoffs. One of the most notable performances among them is that of Danny Foster. Now, I've been the first to criticize Foster in the past for his recklessly aggressive play which often hinders the teams he is on. These playoffs have been a slightly different story however. While Foster still boasts an incredibly high 24 PIM in 8 games, he has been able to produce offensively at a rate that more than negates the amount of short handed opportunities he gives up. In 8 games this post season, Foster has 1 goal and 8 assists, good for 9 goals and puts him over a point per game. He is also second in hits among players still in the playoffs, only 3 behind Jonathan Lundberg In the same amount of games.

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru&nbsp; &nbsp;

nalzgaoaronzbo

answers sent

Quote:TASK ONE: How has your player kicked off their offseason? Are they traveling? Meeting up with friends and partying? Following the games? Write at least 150 words about the beginning of your player’s offseason. Must include at least one other player.
After behind eliminated by the St. Louis Scarecrows in a series that went all the way to seven games in the second round of the S39 of the SMJHL playoffs, Anders Christiansen had to find something to occupy himself for the next week. It is something new to him, because the Firebirds won the whole thing in his first SMJHL season. Christiansen decided that the best way to spend his time was getting some relaxing time away from Prince George. Christiansen decided to go back to his home country of Norway where he rented an alpine cottage in the mountain. He spends most of his days reading books and he went on some hikes to get some fresh air. He didn’t do any extreme activities to assure that he wouldn't expose himself to any injury risk, because he still expects to play some more games before summer. Indeed, Christiansen expects to receive a call from Team Scandinavia for the WJC. He also expects a call from Team Norway, with whom he won the silver medal in last year's tournament, to play in the IIHF tournament. He’s looking forward to joining his Firebirds teammate Tommy Tuck in both teams.
Code:
198 words

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S39 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
My unsung hero from the S39 SMJHL playoffs is Vancouver Whalers left defenseman Karno Grönkjær. Karno Grönkjær plays on the Whalers second pairing and he also gets some important special unit ice time by playing on the Vancouver Whalers first penalty kill defenseman unit. Grönkjær plays an important role for the Whalers averaging 20:57 minutes of ice time per game since the beginning of the playoffs, which ranked him third in Vancouver defensive brigade. Grönkjær also has 4 points in 9 games since the beginning of the playoffs.

But there are certain statistics that make him stand out of the pack. Grönkjær is second on the team along defenseman with a +7, which means the team is performing significantly better than their opponents when he is on the ice. He is also the team leader in shot blocked with 14 blocked shots in this year's playoffs which play a big part in the team penalty kill which is excellent at 83.33%. Finally, add to this the fact that he has been clutch since his only goal in these playoffs was a game winner.
Code:
183 words

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Waxiaamrinmhceilt

Eilrruasstgeglnht

Thcaenmhnigscneru

Nalzgaoaronzbo
Done. Sent in PM.

Quote:TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.
In the SMJHL, the Vancouver Whalers are facing the St. Louis Scarecrows in the S39 playoffs final. Both teams have some potential MVP candidates in their roster.

On the Vancouver Whalers, the obvious choice would be first line center Gabriel Wong, which is their leading scorer going into the final and he also leads the team in points during the season by an eight points margin. He is also the playoff scoring leader in the SMJHL S39 playoffs. A lot of the Whalers offensive go through him and he will need to perform exceptionally well if the Whalers want to have a chance to win the trophy. Another candidate who has been outstanding in the playoffs is defenseman Liam O'Callaghan who has 11 points and six goals, four coming from the powerplay, in nine games. Goaltender Julian O'Sullivan could also be a difference maker in the final.

On the St. Louis Scarecrows side, Michael Fischer has been a nice surprise with nine points in seven games after getting 25 points during the regular season. He will need to keep it up if he wants to be in the MVP discussion. A second candidate is defenseman Brady McIntyre who has four goals in seven games and some of them coming at important times with one being a game winner and another one being a game tying goal.
Code:
226 words

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Quote:TASK ONE: There are two options for this task........
<center>Check List For Off Season.</center>
Pack bags .......... Check

Say G'bye .......... Check

Put out 'For Rent' sign........Check

Say a prayer that you get some good news about something to do this off season...wait what??

Say a prayer dumbazz...Ok, chill..damn pushy checklist ..ok..

"Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me to the SHL for S39 even though I was horrendous I see that I got time to get mediocre and also lord o my SHL life can I ask that you look out for me in S40 and keep me outta Seattle where they bitch at each other and sound like retarded gang-bangers. Amen" .......Check, there you happy? If you're happy make my phone buzz with an opportunity....
BUZZZZZ...Hot Damn A Text.
@CoachBiz wants me on Team Austria for the IIHF tourney.
Name drop ...Jon Ross, Matthew Auston, Tigole Bitties, Maximilian Wachter, Alex Light, Mike Izzy, Don Pelligrino...
Now that's what I call timing and life is about timing. I thank you 'Elvis' sunglasses wearing, Will Ferrell loving, Fruit loop munchin' baby Jesus ...where's that damn passport.

Get Passport........ahhhh shhhiit.

(182)

I believe that the unsung hero of the S39 Playoffs is the #1 Center for the Los Angeles Panthers. The one and only Jean-Luc Reflieux.
As good as Sophia Bennett has been through this playoff campaign it's Jean-Luc that is the ignition of this west coast customs machine. While doubling as the 1st and 4th line Center and handling the work load of both the Power play and Penalty kill 1st team duties. It's Reflieux that has the puck control and the vision to see the play before it unfolds and the passing to get his teammates the advantageous opportunities and the shooting skills that will yield the results that L.A. Panther fans have been enjoying this season.(S39 stats 15G-20A-35Pts. with a FO % of 54.32 S39 Playoffs3G-8A-11Pts. +\- +9) He also possesses a surprising amount of grit as evidenced by his Hit totals(S39@161 & S39 Playoffs currently @30+) these are actually greater than several of his L.A. defencemen teammates. But, you say Jean-Luc isn't Unsung ..true, possibly under appreciated is a more appropriate term.

(155+)

Waxiaamrinmhceilt

Eilrruasstgeglnht

Thcaenmhnigscneru

Nalzgaoaronzbo

=PM Sent

Quote:TASK SIX: Finals series always show surprises. Who will have to stand out the most from each team in order to win it? Make a prediction for potential series MVPs. Must be at least 150 words and mention at least one player from each team.

For L.A. It's all on goalie Timo Haas with the long shot dark horse choice as Maximilian Wachter.
The long of it is L.A. is dependent on the Timo Haas and if they are to win it will be because of Haas. My choice of Wachter was not to take any of the spotlight off Haas or the sensational season that Sophia Bennett has had but more to simply give some credit to the play of Maximilian who's had a solid campaign for S39.

For Minn. It's a toss up of the three headed monster of Sebastian Strange, Terrence Nova, Lord Pretty Flacko. With the dark horse candidate being the Chiefs defencemen Alonzo Garbanzo.
With the more balanced attack that Minn. has its the three listed above that have the odds in their favor to take a run at the MVP. I give Alonzo Garbanzo some notice here as the dark horse simply because appears to be the defenceman with the opportunities to cash in during this finals series.

Quote:Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
= Sophia Bennett

With the off-season officially started, my player is just relaxing and traveling. Together with Toivo Kosonen, we decided to take a road-trip to Texas, to see the beautiful big state. They have lots of amazing cities there, like Austin and Houston, but eventually we came to San Antonio. San Antonio is a beautiful city with lots of interesting sights. We did some sightseeing and in the evenings we went out to party a little. When we had seen all the sights, we were unsure of what to do, so we decided to go see the San Antonio Zoo. They had lots of cool animals there, like elephants and giraffes and lions and tigers, but the ones we both liked most were the Sloths. They really are such pretty little animals who are just a bit derpy and silly. We really enjoyed our time here. We should definitely come back at some point...

The Los Angeles Panthers look like the early favorites to me. They have really good players on their team and could easily make a push. The obvious choice for finals MVP is Sophia Bennett, who leads the team in playoff points. I think she will be able to lead her team to the win. A more surprising choice for an impact player is Matthew Auston who seems due to bust out. He only has 2 points so far these playoffs, but his scoring percentage is very low at 3.85% and so he seems due for some scoring in the finals. The Chiefs have a more overall team with a few different leaders so no one stands out too much. For me, Sebastian Strange is the impact player to look for, as he handles most of the scoring for the Chiefs. Eric Pelletier seems to do most with limited ice time and could surprise people as an impact player.

Ronnie Westbrook of the Hamilton Steelhawks is my unsung hero. While his team was out in the first round, he still had a huge impact and I guess that is exactly what makes him unsung. In the monster 7 game first round series between Hamilton Steelhawks and New England, Ronnie Westbrook not only scored 5 goals, but also had 5 assists, for a staggering 10 points in a seven game series. His 22% shot percentage was incredible. He scored four goals on powerplays and was just a huge impact player all around. He even had a large number of hits and two of his goals were game winning goals. It is only fair to imagine what he could have done in the playoffs if his team had won game four and went on into the second round and potentially even the finals. His player might have had the chance for one of the most influential and amazing postseasons of a player of all time had he continued on.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Task one:

Xander Green is not much of a party animal, but he gets forced into going to the parties with TJ Bayley ( <a href='index.php?showuser=454' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Panda</a> ) as his mother won’t let him go out alone yet since the guy always gets in trouble. This off season was not much different and there was a reason that Bayley did not mention what they did while visiting Green. The two went to a petting zoo with Ivo Willems and his kids and Michael Haan, who never made it to the Hall of Fame (like he should). While the kids were playing with the sheep and pigs, Bayley decided to check out the Llama in the back. While he stood in front him he got spit right in the face. As a true hockey player he dropped the gloves and punched the Llama back in the face. Apparently this was frowned upon by the owners and Green, Haan and Willems both step in to drag Bayley away. Once again it was a trip that went wrong. Maybe one day Bayley will learn

Task two:

Danny Foster might not be known for his points or scoring touch and he will definitely not be remembered for it, but the heavy hitting defenseman still put up a lot of assists so far during these playoffs. When looking at the index pre-finals, he has 1 goal and 8 assists, but he also leads the team with 36 hits dealed out. His physical play gives the opponent attackers a nightmare and this definitely helps out Timo Haas dealing with easier shots.. In terms of penalty minutes he also takes a lot, and while this hurts the team on the ice for a few minutes, he uses it to further intimidate the opponents. He fights, he blocks, he hits and he uses foul language. The guy is a menace to deal with, but without Foster the Panthers might have been called the Pussies and for that reason alone, Danny Foster might be the unsung hero so far.

Task Four:

Pm'd

Task Six:

After a great regular campaign, the Los Angeles Panthers will once again count on Timo Haas and stand up during his farewell season. The goaltender was the reason they made the playoffs, the goaltender was the reason they made the finals and if they want to win it, he will be the reason they do. Haas came into the finals with a save percentage of 0.941, which is extremely high in the playoffs, but when you get 1.87 goals against and even post a shutout, you know the team depends on your play. For Minnesota they will count on their old players to step up, both Alonzo Garbanzo and Lord Pretty Flacko have spent their lifes with the Chiefs and while players like Terrance Nova and Sebastian Strange now are the more profilent scorers, it’s the experience of these two that will be able to inspire the Chiefs into greatness. With the two of them in the team stepping up, it is hard to imagine it going wrong.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

TASK ONE

Tigole Bitties has been hard at work this offseason and managed to squeeze in a trip home to Greenland to visit the family dairy farm. The Edmonton Blizzard took a massive step forward, bringing the Winnipeg Jets to a decisive Game 7 after a five season playoff drought, but they fell just short of their ultimate goal and were eliminated before they achieved their goal. He continues to hone his defensive prowess, studying the best place to position himself in every situation he could run into. Some recent news out of the franchise is that Bitties could be transitioning over to center this season, which would result in a renewed focus on faceoffs that Bitties has let stagnate when he switched to a winger role. Tigole Bitties has been working hard with Nikolaus Scholz to prepare for this possibility, simply to ensure that if it is to happen, he will not be caught unprepared.
Code:
154 words

TASK FOUR
PM’d.

TASK FIVE
[Image: aVAzT1v.png]

TASK SIX
Is it a cop-out if I pick a goaltender? If your goalie isn’t hot, you’re not going to win a championship. A stalwart netminder is essential if you expect to hoist the Challenge Cup high over your head. For this and this reason alone, my MVP picks should they win the Cup for their teams, are Los Angeles Panthers goaltender Timo Haas and Minnesota Chiefs goaltender Olli O’Koivu. It would be a great story if Haas could win the Cup with the Panthers as he is rapidly approaching retirement and will be hanging the skates up for good once the final game of this series is completed. O’Koivu is a fine story as well, as he’s fought some serious adversity to get where he is today, as he had to sort of reinvent himself when he came to the Chiefs to assume their #1 goalie role. Either way, it’s Haas or O’Koivu for me regarding series MVPs for these clubs.
Code:
160 words

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:

After being eliminated in 7 games by the Winnipeg Jets, Teddy Cuddles decided to get together with some old friends from juniors. Since the Blizzard, Dragons, Prode, and Riot were all out of the playoffs, Teddy Cuddles, Tigole Bitties, Roman Augustus, Joseph Lombardi, and Louie Garrett went out drinking to shake those offseason blues. The 5 ‘Crows alumni met up in St. Louis, where they all first met. They went to the bar where the old team used to go out drinking after big wins and shared some laughed. They reminisced on their failure to win a Four Star Cup, but also remembered the good times they all had together. Then, they realized that the Scarecrows have made the Four Star Cup Finals, and they knew that they couldn’t miss it. The five took the bus to the arena. They walked into the locker room and saw some old friends such as Thé Dude and Dermot Lavelle. Ex Co-Captians Tigole Bitties and Roman Augustus stood up and delivered a pre game speech and got the whole locker room hyped. This proved to have worked as the 5 then watched the Crows win game 1 of the finals.
Code:
197 Words

Code:
My choice for the unsung hero of the SHL playoffs so far has to be Los Angeles defense Danny Foster. Foater is a fantastic enforcer but has been doing it all for the Panthers during this playoff run. Foster has 36 hits in 8 playoff games, with is 4.5 hits per game. He also is not afraid to get nasty and wear the other team down, as he has 24 penalty minutes with 2 fighting majors. He logs the most ice time out of every defenseman on the Panthers and is the main man on that blue line. Not only has his physical game been fantastic as always, but he has been putting up great numbers offensively. Foster is over a point per game with 9 points in 8 games. Foster does it all for Los Angelo Panthers, and does many thankless jobs for them such as logging major penalty kill minutes and having 10 blocked shots. Foster has been a fantastic overall player in these players and definitely deserves more credit.
Code:
172 Words

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble” or something along those lines. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

waxiaamrinmhceilt

eilrruasstgeglnht

thcaenmhnigscneru    

nalzgaoaronzbo
Sent in PM.

Code:
With so many talented top tier scorers in this series, I think the players that will have to stand out most in this series is the two goaltenders. In this finals, we have two of the best goalies in the league m with Yimo Haas on the Panthers and Olli O’Koivu on the Chiefs. For either of these teams to win, they will need to beat the goaltenders, who have been fantastic this entire season, and these playoffs have been no different. The goalie that outperforms the other will win in this battle of attrition. Both netminders have been outstanding so far, but who will crack first? Who will let the flood gates open? Only time will tell. For the MVP Award, I think it goes to the goalie of the winning team. Both would be very deserving od the awards and have been exceptional. If not them, then I say Sophia Bennet. She has scored her ass off and is having a real coming out party.
Code:
167 Words

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
Sophia Bennet

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM