Create Account

S39 SHL Awards Show

By the way, I'm definitely presenting these slower this season. I'm not trying to build drama. I'm eating Cookout, and I like food more than you guys. It's like I tell my SMJHL GMs. I hate all of you equally.

Next is the Turd Ferguson Trophy, which goes to the SHL player who accrued the most penalty minutes during the season. And, uh, I’m really not sure how to say this, folks, so I’ll just come straight-out with it. Danny Foster didn’t win this year. At least for one season, there is a new greatest of the goons, king of chaos, inspirational leader of the instigators. The Season 39 Turd Ferguson goes to John Grossman, Jr. of the Stars Toronto North Stars! Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>12jmoritz</a> !

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 17 2018, 05:16 PM

THIS JUST IN: Keygan asks out of Edmonton, demands trade to LAP. Stay tuned for more updates.

I like Edmonton’s new light blue too.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 18 2018, 10:48 AM
By the way, I'm definitely presenting these slower this season. I'm not trying to build drama. I'm eating Cookout, and I like food more than you guys. It's like I tell my SMJHL GMs. I hate all of you equally.

Next is the [b]Turd Ferguson Trophy
, which goes to the SHL player who accrued the most penalty minutes during the season. And, uh, I’m really not sure how to say this, folks, so I’ll just come straight-out with it. Danny Foster didn’t win this year. At least for one season, there is a new greatest of the goons, king of chaos, inspirational leader of the instigators. The Season 39 Turd Ferguson goes to John Grossman, Jr. of the Stars Toronto North Stars! Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>12jmoritz</a>![/b]
Following the footsteps of his father John Grossman, who won it 4 times!

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

If someone can explain to me how I screwed up Grossman's tag, let me know. I swear to God I copied and pasted his user name straight off his profile page.

Now we present the Jay McDonald Trophy to the top goal-scorer in the SHL. Typically, this award goes to a player at or near his prime. That was not the case in Season 39, as a member of the old guard from Season 20 surged for a 31-goal season. Congratulations to Kristian Eriksson of the Stars Toronto North Stars on his first McDonald Trophy! Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a>!

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 18 2018, 10:51 AM
If someone can explain to me how I screwed up Grossman's tag, let me know. I swear to God I copied and pasted his user name straight off his profile page.
Put in [] tags around the name, the exclamation mark borked it.

Next is the Sergei Karpotsov Trophy. This honor is presented to the top point-scorer in the SHL each season. With 67 points, this goes to Chris York, also of the StarsToronto North Stars. Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Symmetrik</a>!

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 18 2018, 02:10 AM
As always, we start by honoring the newly crowned Challenge Cup Champions. This team won two Challenge Cups in three seasons to start out the league’s second decade but had gone without a title since Season 12. Now, that drought is over after a dominant performance in the Season 39 playoffs.

Congratulations to your Season 39 Challenge Cup Champions, for the third time in franchise history, the Chiefs [b]Minnesota Chiefs!
[/b]

Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel Towel

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Mar 17 2018, 07:23 PM

Put in [] tags around the name, the exclamation mark borked it.

By God, that worked. Wonder why that doesn't happen every time. I wasn't unusually excited for him. Hmm

Now, for the awards everyone came for, as voted on by the awards committee.

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

<div align="center">First, the John McBride Trophy. This award goes to the best goaltender each season.

Your nominees are …
Panthers Timo Haas
Dragons Richard C. Hocolate
Chiefs Olli O'Koivu</div>

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

And the winner is ….

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 18 2018, 10:55 AM

Now, for the awards everyone came for, as voted on by the awards committee.
[Image: Vp79ybE.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Mar 17 2018, 05:27 PM

[Image: Vp79ybE.gif]

Best of luck tonight Avakael

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

This damn good Cookout milkshake. MVP of the awards show.

But the McBride goes to...

Zach Evans
Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Mar 18 2018, 10:57 AM

Best of luck tonight Avakael
I'd be shocked if I won either, but doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be hopeful!

I’d love to see Haas get it

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother