Create Account

Top 10 NHL Players of All-Time Lists

Gretzky as a 2nd liner lol what the fuck

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Mar 25 2018, 11:55 AM

For instance, if Orr and Gretzky played in today's league, I highly doubt they'd be noticeable as stars, perhaps, and this is only optimistically, as strong second liners.

This list is the opposite of the above, it is mostly based on opinion and observation.

Huh

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Mar 25 2018, 09:22 AM
Gretzky as a 2nd liner lol what the fuck

He's 57 give him a break, if was playing now I think 2nd line would be appropriate, artemis was onto something.... or I misinterpreted his comment and he's out to lunch.

So, just all-time favorites? Sure, why not.

1. Alex Ovechkin
2. Nicklas Backstrom
3. Mario Lemieux
4. Evgeni Malkin
5. Roberto Luongo
6. Anze Kopitar
7. Jaromir Jagr
8. Ben Scrivens
9. Vladimir Tarasenko
10. Ilya Kovalchuk

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Quote:Originally posted by Pris@Mar 25 2018, 12:48 PM
So, just all-time favorites? Sure, why not.

1. Alex Ovechkin
2. Nicklas Backstrom
3. Mario Lemieux
4. Evgeni Malkin
5. Roberto Luongo
6. Anze Kopitar
7. Jaromir Jagr
8. Ben Scrivens
9. Vladimir Tarasenko
10. Ilya Kovalchuk

Had a Chuckle when I got to Scrivens. :lol:

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

ya favorites, in no particular order

Marc Savard
Paul Kariya
Joe Sakic
Roberto Luongo
Sergei Samsonov
Marco Sturm
Olaf Kolzig
David Pastrnak
Patrice Bergeron
Sean Thornton

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

I was gonna give reasonings for the players on my list but I don’t gotta explain shiiii

1. Sergei Bobrovsky
2. Zach Werenski
3. Mike Modano
4. Artemi Panarin
5. Vaclav Prospal
6. Patrice Bergeron
7. Pavel Datsyuk
8. Alex Ovechkin
9. Brent Burns
10. Derek MacKenzie

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

No order
Sidney Crosby
Kris Letang
Paul coffe
Mario Lemieux
Wayne grestsky
Alexander ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Kane
Brad Marchand
Braedan Holtby

Favorites in no particular order

All Time

Mikita
Hull
Savard
Lemieux
Roy
Dino
Ovechkin
Osgood
Yzerman
Federov

Current

Ovi
Tavares
Stamkos
Toews
Tarasenko
Mackinnon
Subban
Simmomds
Burns
Frolik

1. Scott Niedermayer
2. Scott Stevens
3. Joe Sakic
4. Saku Koivu
5. Sidney Crosby
6. Paul Kariya
7. Chris Pronger
8. Anze Kopitar
9. Erik Karlsson
10. Pavel Datsyuk

[Image: giphy.mp4]

My favorites in no particular order. I'm younger so most of my favorites are from more recent times.

Mats Sundin
Miikka Kiprusoff
William Nylander
Auston Matthews
Pavel Datsyuk
Braden Holtby
Colton Gillies
Jaromir Jagr
Dominik Hasek
Jarome Iginla

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Mar 25 2018, 02:45 PM
Favorites in no particular order

All Time

Mikita
Hull
Savard
Lemieux
Roy
Dino
Ovechkin
Osgood
Yzerman
Federov

Current

Ovi
Tavares
Stamkos
Toews
Tarasenko
Mackinnon
Subban
Simmomds
Burns
Frolik

Frolik's an interesting one, Calgary fan?

Code:

Code:

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn+Mar 25 2018, 01:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (WannabeFinn @ Mar 25 2018, 01:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Gretzky as a 2nd liner lol what the fuck[/b]
He quite simply does not have the skillset to survive in today's league, so I believe he'd be a second liner at best

<!--QuoteBegin-karey@Mar 25 2018, 01:45 PM

He's 57 give him a break, if was playing now I think 2nd line would be appropriate, artemis was onto something.... or I misinterpreted his comment and he's out to lunch.
[/quote]

Chalk one up to misinterpretation

I'm talking 1980's Gretzky being one of the greatest players of all time relative to his own time, but I believe he is not the greatest player to ever play as the game has progressed to the point where if 1980's Gretzky were to play in today's league, he'd be, at best, a strong 2nd liner, but I personally believe he'd be more of a depth player.

EDIT: I retract my depth player statement, his creativity would likely be enough to put him above the average player

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

The reason for my edit and my concession of a point was that the Gretzky highlights I saw made the game look very dated and slow and not nearly as skillful as today's hockey.

I then proceeded to google a highlight reel of Gretzky so as to affirm my evidence, but I'm seeing highlights that I've never seen before that put Gretzky well above the mark I had him at; he was quite advanced for a player in his day, and that's what'd keep him high enough on an all-time greats list of the second variety I mentioned earlier.

However, we must remember highlights are not a treat that do not occur every game and that these videos or this "evidence" spans two decades of hockey.

I admit I was wrong to underestimate Gretzky, but I still believe that today's best players outmatch Gretzky in terms of skill.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

1. Mario Lemieux - Best player of all time
2. Pavel Datsyuk - best hands, amazing skill, so much fun to watch and can watch highlights all day
3. Ilya Kovalchuk - was a phenom when I watched hockey the most
4. Steven Stamkos - current fav player, raw goal scoring and best all around player not named Crosby n McDavid
5. PK Subban - best hockey personality and great defender, fav defender of all time, reason why I loved the habs
6. Mats Sundin - was a leafs fan as a kid and he was the man
7. Peter Forsberg - one of the best players and so fun to watch, that shootout move tho
8. Scott Neidermayer - Fav defender from my childhood
9 Henrik Lundqvist - fav goalie of all time, had a ton of fun watching him in the playoffs a few years ago
10. Martin Brodeur - best goalie of all time and unique style
11. Marian Gaborik - was a closet rangers fan when he and Lundqvist were beasts together in NY