Create Account

Promo Article for Austin Lemieux Sr. Lemieux Tells ALL

PITTSBURGH PA Usa

We arrived at the ol' rink in Pittsburgh to check in on a new prospect coming up in the system named Austin Lemieux Sr. today. The prospect has a veteran coach, who has taught him the ins and out of playing and competing at a high level all year long. Lemieux stands tall in net, even though his weakness is clearly size. The reaction to the shots we have seen are incredible so far, we really look to see how he will develop.

The main strength Lemieux has is his discipline and experience, even though he is a new rookie, he really stays calm, even in the most pressure situations. We joined Lemieux to comment on the work he has put in so far:

Hey Austin, How have things been?

They have been great, really working on developing and working toward a shot to be drafted in the SMJHL. I like some of the organizations, and don't like a few other of them so we will see how it plays out. I do want to compete and I do not thinik that my experience makes me any better than any other of the goalies who might be in the system at the moment.

You have played in college for a while now, and even a couple junior national team games. Your college team defense was horrible, and of course in the junior nationals they were good, can you take us through what that feels like?

I averaged over 40 shots a game this year with my college team and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love being in games where the goalie can be the difference maker. When you’re facing that many shots a night you have that opportunity. With the US however, there are nights we only see 10 shots and that’s just a credit to our team’s strong defensive play. Those nights aren’t always the most exciting but they are sometimes the games you have to be the most focused because your team is playing so well. If it’s a tight game you don’t want to give up that goal on one of the few chances the opposition gets.

You mentioned you like some teams, and dislike others, can you expand on that?

No Comment.

Surely you could let us know one of the teams..

Not at this time. Please, it's early and I really do not want to ruffle any feathers this early on, especially seeing as I am a prospect.

Okay.. do you think you will go high or low in the draft?

I hope to go high. Obviously you dream of being the #1 pick and that is where I hope to show that I am worth being picked at. If an owner needs to talk to me for me to convince them that is fine, but all in all, my stats, contributions, and locker room presence bring a lot more to the table than may meet the eye.

People are dying to know what teams you don't like.. can you please give us something.

Okay fine, I have 0 respect for the Scarecrows Scarecrows organization, fans, and current administration. I mean come on, who wants to play in that barn where you can hear a pin drop most nights. I've seen games back in S24 where they throw stuff on the ice when the Falcons were kicking their butts all the way back to their billet families. Don't even get me started about the city itself either, what a dump that place is.. They will not win when I am in net against them, and I will not sign with them if I get drafted by them.

On the flip side, what a beautiful and welcoming place Detroit Falcons is. So much history, so much industry right beside the birthplace of hockey itself. Id love to play there, I even have a couple jerseys pre-made with my name on them. I think that the biggest reason why Detroit is a powerhouse hockey club is their management, with a lot of great development. The mangers play a key role to the teams success, and this is so much more emphasized in the minors. Yes, they set lines, and choose who starts games. But the more important part is keeping the team active, and passing down the knowledge that they have to the inexperienced rookies, and players to make their players the best they can be, and make it fun, Success by some is determined by if they had a good time, and for me, I'm loving it so far!

What are your personal expectations moving forward?

I just want to win games.

Biggest strength you personally see in yourself?

I would without a doubt have to say my rebounding. After seeing the amount of goals I let in in college.. I quickly made sure I worked on my puck control after I make a save. Those second chance opportunities kill goalies, and teams in this league, I want to make the save, smother the puck, and trust that my center man is going to win the draw, and also hope that my defense is going to be there to bail me out when I need them to do so. I'd also like to think that I'm quick with my hands. It really helps on the ice stopping pucks, but it also helps in the bedroom, so anywhere that I can improve is a positive for sure.

Thanks Austin, glad to hear from you

No prob Bob.

wc 931