Create Account

S40 Championship Week

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Championship Week is back as the Dragons take on the Chiefs in the S40 Challenge Cup Final!

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FIVE tasks for a total of FIFTEEN uncapped TPE. There is also a bonus question (concerning the Challenge Cup finals specifically) worth 1 uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than five tasks, but you won't get the credit for anything over five.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

TASK THREE: Create a magazine cover showcasing one of the players who will be competing in the finals. Must include at least one player render, player name, a magazine title, and at least one story preview/headline.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos.

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S40 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?
4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for?

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Deadline: Tuesday, May 8th, at 7 PM EST.

This was literally thrown together at 2 am - any questions/concerns, please PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

"Joining us this evening in the booth is Buffalo Stampede rookie defenseman Tatu Makela. Welcome, Tatu!"

"Yah thanks for, uh.... thanks for... thanks"

"So Tatu, what do you think about tonight's matchup?"

"Well John I was sitting over there at the bar and.."

"The bar?"

"Yes John, the bar, and I was having trouble deciding between ordering another Vodka Lemonade or.."

"Tatu I don't think you can be drinkin-"

"John, listen. I realized after about 7 of those drinks that I had to come into the booth for tonight's game. It's all good, man. I went with my good buddy Evan into the bathroom and he gave me a free line, so I'm straight, man. I'm good to go. Who's playing tonight anyways?"

"Well, I, uh... Calgary and Minnesota.."

"Oh fuck's sake I don't wanna watch that. Do I have to stay here the entire game?"

"No, Tatu, I don't suppose you do.."

"Okay great. Thanks for having me on, Jim."

"It's John.."

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Isad Odegaard should be considered the unsung hero of the playoffs. Odegaard has been deployed largely in defensive situations and has excelled, proving the be arguably the 2nd best blueliner on the Chiefs. Odegaard has kept his penalty minutes to a minimum while still playing the body (21 hits) and receiving huge portions of ice time (23.47 mins/game). And despite this heavy defensive deployment and the toll of playing so many minutes, Odegaard has still proven to be an offensive threat with 2 goals on the power play, scoring one in each of their previous series with West Kendall and Hamilton. Odegaard leads the Chiefs by a country mile in blocked shots (23). Odegaard's performance has elevated the Chiefs defense, providing them with elite production from their top 4 blueliners as a unit. Odegaard's partner Alonzo Garbanzo may have the bigger name and may be viewed by some as a "babysitter" for the younger player, but to this point they have played more like equals.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM'd

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

Richard C. Hocolate is averaging more than 4 shots against per game more than his counterpart Olli O'Koivu. However, Calgary's penalty kill unit has been far better than Minnesota's thus far and that will help keep Hocolate's GAA down. I think that Hocolate might even be able to maintain his superior save percentage (.928% vs. O'Koivu's .914%). At the end of the day though, I expect OKoivu's performance to be good enough to bring the Cup home to Minnesota. Over the course of a 7-game series, I think that the Chiefs' ability to out-possess and out-shoot their opponent is going to be enough to overcome even a Finals MVP performance from the Calgary goaltender. While Minnesota may not have executed their penalty kill to perfection thus far, they keep their overall penalty minutes low and that edge is likely to be a contributing factor in the goalie battle. If Hocolate is facing an extra powerplay more than O'Koivu in every game, he's likely going to become a victim of an exhausted and outnumbered penalty killing unit.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

PM'd

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Sebastian Strange Chiefs

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Task 1: Hello, and welcome all burp and welcome, wait uh I mean, welcome to the Calgary, wait is it actually called this? Okay, to the Calgary Saddledome. I'm your commentator for this evening Mikhail Lokitonov! This is (what game is this?) Game 1 of th Challenge Cup finals for S... um S40 yeah that's right, the big 40. We have the far too stacked Dragons team, that has forced the SHL Head Office to change the rules, and the defending cup champions, the Minnesota Chiefs. The Chiefs have had a fuckin hard time (I can't say that? Bunch of commies running the media these days eh?). Excuse my language, but they have run the gambit so far facing two game 7's. So I finally got the line ups so lets start with the visiting Chiefs. First, we have Jonathan Lundberg starts out on the left, never heard of him to be honest, then Terrance Nova, pretty fuckin good (Shit another slipped out sorry guys I'll get it together), hey wait guys I'm almost done, what do you mean I have to go? I'm doing fine right Pat? Oh go fuck yourself Pat nobody asked you anyway...

Couldn't even make it through line ups.

Task 2: I often think that in sim goaltenders don't get a lot of love so I'm gonna focus on Detroit's Sebastian Primeau. Through the first two rounds of the SMJHL playoffs, he leads the playoffs in every statistical category for goaltenders. He leads all goaltenders in GAA with 2.26 and save percentage at a great .916, while also having faced the most amount of shots so far at a staggering 335 shots through 11 games. No one expected Detroit to make many waves in these playoffs, but Primeau has been standing on his head keeping his team in close games, including all one goal wins in the second round. Many will point to the great play of rookie winger Flacko Lagerfield, especially after his stellar clutch performances against St. Louis including two overtime game winners, but without the great performances of Primeau they wouldn't be in those situations. If Detroit manage to win the Cup, or even push a loaded Kelowna team to 7 games, expect Primeau to be their MVP.

Task 4: Pm'd

Task 7:
[Image: cw_pt.png]

Task 9: Pm'd

Bonus Question: Dani Forsberg Dragons

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Code:

Good afternoon ladies and genterlamen and wlecome to t he geaatest Hockey Rumble live in Saudi Calgary wihh the Valgary Gragons faving the Minnestoa Lakota tribe for the chance to drink beer out of a cup, somehting i have already begun doing since the Buffalo Stampesnes stopped playing hockey. I am your host, your prince, your wizard of all things entertainment, the magical mystical, friend of all those who need, Viktor Marius, the Vampire lord of the SHL live in Calgary. I'm happy to be here with all these cows and cowboys ahahah no offence ladies. this is a wonderful times for any player that is playing as the chance to win that beer cup is way better than the tiny bootle they give me. The bartender told me that i awasn't allowed to drink more beers so i jsut started buying from others ahahah, I paid $100 fofr this beer from that guy over there ahaha, ok good night....................thud.

Code:
The unsung hero for the S40 Playoffs is Isak Odegard. Much is made about the stalwart performances out of the Chiefs potent offence, however the defensive physical play form Odegard is the reason the Chiefs are 4 wins away from a back to back championship. Goals and Assists are measures we often use to measure a playoff performer, citing that players who show up during the playoffs are often the ones getting the timely clutch goal or assist and choose to use their body as a sacrificial lamb in hopes of winning a game, this rings true when assessing Odegard's stat sheet. The defensemen may only have 7 points, 2 of which are goals, but his 23 blocked shots lead the league in playoff blocks. His willingness to not only throw his body around, but also make sure that no pucks hit the net are the reason that the Chiefs have surrendered less shots per game than any team remaining in these playoffs.

Code:
Sebastian Primeau has been standing on his head throughtout the playoffs, and although he was unfortunately tasked with playing the overpowered offence of Kelowna, his staggering stat line put him in contention for winning the Playoff MVP award. His 2.26 GAA and .916 SV% led all goalies entering the finals, especially special when he faced the most shots thus far in the playoffs.

On the other side, of the half line, the S40 4 Cup champiom, Damien Blackfyre may not have had a stellar run, his solid play was encouraged by his team's potent offence that carried the win. His stat line, just a shade under Primeau was a secondary talking point throughout the playoffs, however his play is gathering noterity now that it is all said and done.

Code:
Task 4:
Completed
Code:
Task 9:
Completed

Cup winner: Dani Forsberg

Code:

Truck Stoker: "Hi, I'm here in game 1 of the Challenge Cup Finals here with young upstart player Connor Blackwell for the Hamilton Steelhawks."

Connor Blackwell: "Uh hi, happy to be here I guess. I'd rather be fuckin on the ice but of course we had to get knocked out by the fuckin' Chiefs. Now I'm here watchin the fuckin team that knocked us out in the fuckin finals and I could be in Canal Flats watching this shit. Now I'm just fucking sitting here with you all washed up dumb ass. I just wanna be on the ice man, now I'm hittin' the piss and I just want it to be next season again so we uh can win some fuckin hockey games and win a fuckin' Challenge Cup."

Truck Stoker: "Uh... Thanks Connor. Great to have you on the broadcast, such a young talent upcoming in, uh, the league. Time to go to commercial."

Code:

My choice for the S40 playoffs (after they have concluded) is easily Joe Kurczewski of the Calgary Dragons. He was tied for the lead in points in the playoffs with 24 points in 19 games, and lead all skaters with power play points with 8 (1 goal and 7 assists), which meant that he was elevating the level of play of his teammates as well, being an effective playmaker on the power play unit, and was effective on the penalty kill as well. Joe had an incredible run through the S40 regular season, and then dialed in up in playoffs to become the most dynamic player of the playoffs of S40, and most deserving of the playoff MVP, in my opinion.

Kurczewski is shaping up to become a hall of fame talent, and if he keeps on having playoff runs like this, he will become a hall of fame player sooner than later. If only the geniuses that drafted him in the SMJHL got more credit...

Code:

pm'd

Code:

I think the goalie who (on paper) should have won the goalie battle between the two outstanding goaltenders in the Challenge Cup Finals is Richard C. Hocolate. The Dragons' goaltender has been outstanding. Facing the most shots out of any goalie in the playoffs (only beat O'Koivu by 4 shots), boasting the best save percentage out of all goalies in the playoffs at .922%, and the best goals against average at 2.57 GAA, it only makes sense that C. Hocolate was the one who backstopped their team to a phenomenal Challenge Cup victory.

Calgary needed C. Hocolate to be huge in the Challenge Cup finals, and he was exactly that. He was a rock for his team and a vital component of why the Dragons were Challenge Cup Champions this season, and a big reason in why they have been such perennial contenders, season after season. The Dragons have a very high calibre goaltender in C. Hocolate.

Code:

pm'd

Code:
Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?

Louie Garrett

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Task Three:
[Image: 3LIQAak.png]

Task Four:
PM'd

Task Five:
[Image: pzuOEW2.png]

Task Seven:
[Image: 6VBvqbw.png]

Task Nine:
PM'd

RIP Mac & 701

The Winnipeg Jets gave us more than enough to handle in our 2nd round 7 games series and at times during this contest it felt like we were being out matched.. but our greatest strength came from an unlikely source. I'd like to introduce to you Mr. Thunder Jones.. a Kelowna Knights product who Calgary chose with the 7th pick in the season 38 draft. Thunder came up this year and started on our teams 3rd line.. while enjoying the fruits of winning, a rookie on Calgary faces the difficult challenge of making a statistical impact due to the skill and TPE levels of the players ahead of him. Hunter amassed a 7 point 55 hit rookie season where his biggest impact came in the locker room as his upbeat and team oriented persona was a welcome addition. But the kid worked hard, kept on updating.. and bid his time for when we needed him most... which fast forwards us to game 3 of our 2nd round series. 

Down 2 games to zero Thunder Jones captured the moment scoring 2 goals in 14 minutes and earning the teams 1st star of the game while giving life to a team desperate for a spark! but Thunder wasnt done yet.. now down 3 games to 1 and facing elimination, Jones earned another 1st star with his goal and 5 hits in Calgary's 4-2 victory!.. The Dragons went on to beat the Jets in a wild 7 game series which took an Esa Anrikkanen overtime winner... But it was Hunter Jones's 3 goals and 2 game stars which propelled our franchise past this formidable opponent. Most are going to look at the big names on Calgary's path towards the S40 Challenge cup, but don't look past our unsung hero.. Hunter 'thunder' Jones. -- <a href='index.php?showuser=2788' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Thunder39</a>

TASK THREE: Create a magazine cover showcasing one of the players who will be competing in the finals. Must include at least one player render, player name, a magazine title, and at least one story preview/headline.

[Image: r6fclNC.png]

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

<a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a>, PM has been sent with the answers.

TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

[Image: 9GOJAmQ.jpg]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a>, PM has been sent with the answers.

-------

Answer: Louie Garrett

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Welcome to Halifax Sports Channel! I´m your host, Dave Riax and with me I have our very own hockey expert - Alexander ´Alex´ Smith. Welcome Alex, how are you on this fine evening? Actually, don´t answer yet, before we get started, I heard our special guest is finally ready to come in, please welcome Ensio Kalju from Halifax Raiders! He can hopefully give the players perspective on things, welcome Ensio! What took you so long? We were supposed to be ready twenty minutes ago?

EK: Evening friends and people in Texas, before I get started - I just want to give shoutout to the sound guy Michael, it´s true man - you really cant taste the alcohol at all in this...

Huh? What? Oh yea, the game we all be watching today is Calgary Dragons vs Minnesota Chiefs, best of the best in SHL this year going at it, should be helluva game.

By the way guys, when I walked into the studio earlier today, I saw some nice looking ladies outside, gotta say that I love spring and summer time.

DR: Right, well glad to have you here with us. Like mentioned, should be in for great hockey game, who you think will win?

EK: Cmon Dave, I´m not even wearing socks or shoes right now - you expect me to know what happens in the future? Please. Fine I´ll answer your stupid ass question, I´m going to say 3-3 after 60 minutes and then Calgary wins in the OT.

DR: Th-thank you Ensio, now quick break and few words from our sponsors, be right back!

(150+)

Derrick Glover from Minnesota Chiefs.

Derrick is like a machine, you don´t see him or his stick before it´s too late. Makes the right plays time after time, both in the offensive and defensive end. Knows when to be aggressive or when to pass the puck back to defenders and go for a line change. Pretty much the textbook example of what two-way forward looks like.

So far in the playoffs he has 1+4 in 13 games while playing in the first line with Nova and Lundberg. Derrick and his high hockey IQ is the reason why Nova and Lundberg can have slightly more freedom in the offensive end, no matter what happens - Derrick is always where he should be. First line might not sound like something where a unsung hero plays, but it´s easy to forget the players who do not get to scoreboard as often. Derrick has 5 points so far, but good to remember that he does not play on the PP.

Glovers +/- rating of +8 is the best in the playoffs so far, no surprise to see all three of Minnesotas first line high in that list, their first line just plays together really well and perhaps the biggest reason behind that is Glover and his play.

(150+)

TASK FOUR: PM sent

It´s true, both goalies have been playing on extremely high level in the playoffs so far, both goalies have eight wins, but O´Koivu has played one more game than C.hocolate. If we look at some statistics, C.hocolate has faced 403 shots and managed to stop 92.8% of those, while O´Koivu has 382 shots fired against him and he has been able to stop 91.4% of them.

Looking at the two goalies right now, I have to say C.hocolate is the small favorite to win the battle between pipes. Why? Comes down to the teams in front of the two goalies, Calgarys PK is a lot better than Minnesotas and we all know how big of a difference the special teams make in the playoffs - especially the PK. So far Minnesota has not exactly impressed with 75.68% PK rating - Calgary heads into the finals with more than solid 85.37%

Could just as well mention how Minnesota scores and shoots more per game, but in my opinion PK is where the difference happens, Minnesota has shot 33 times per game, Calgary 29.58. With those shot totals Minnesota has scored 3.23 and Calgary 3.00 times per game.

If Minnesota does not find a way to break Calgarys PK setup, going to be a challenging series for them.

(150+)

TASK NINE: PM sent

Bonus question: Dani Forsberg

Task Two:

My unsung hero for the playoffs is Richard C. Hocolate. Hocolate has been a wall for the Dragons on their way to a Challenge Cup final. He has been lights out so far losing only 3 games in the first two series played. He ked all goaltenders in both GAA (2.40) and SV% (.928) heading into this finals showdown with the Minnesota Chiefs. It has been business as usual for him and Dragons in the finals as well. With the series sitting at 3 games to two for the Dragons, Hocolate has again stood on his head at the Chiefs have been peppering him with rubber all series. He has been calm, cool and collected heading to games and tonight’s game 6 should be no different. Im sure both Hocolate and his Dragons teammates are expecting the Chiefs to show up to win tonight and we expect another big game out of star goalie Richard C. Hocolate.

Task Three:

[Image: hunter1.png]

Task Four: PM'd

Task Seven:

[Image: HUNTER2.png]

Task Nine: PM'd

Bonus Question: Louie Garrett

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Task Two
My unsung hero of the playoffs has to go to Esa Anrikkanen from the Dragons. While Esa did not have a huge production of points during the playoffs he was still able to put up decent numbers for his limited time on ice. While only getting a little over 17 minutes a game Esa put up 8 points but more importantly had 6 goals throughout the playoffs. Showing that he could still send the puck home. Just to prove he was still as clutch as ever too Esa was able to notch 2 game winning goals throughout the playoffs including the game 7 winner against Winnipeg to send the Dragons to the finals. He was able to post a high shot percentage at 12 percent and even threw in a respectable 14 hits without somehow breaking his hip in the process. Esa might be approaching retirement home status but for this playoffs he was able to go out and show he still had a little bit more in the tank to help the Dragons get another cup and Esa's 4th.

184 words

Task Three
[Image: CWmagazine.jpg]

Task Four
PMed

Task Nine
PMed

Task Eight
[Image: champ_banner.jpg]

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Trivia and Word Scramble sent

Code:

Afternoon ladies and maggots. This is Maurizio Arrivabene, kinda useless player of the Winnipeg Jets and we are getting ready for who cares bowl of the SHL Finals between the Calgary who the fuck cares Dragons and the Minnesota y'all are dumb Chiefs.

These muppets think I'm some kind of an expert at this hockey thing, but they are in for a surprise, I have no idea what I'm doing. For the rosters, yeah, we have some players. There's this wannabe Polish guy Joe Kurczewski guy on the Dragons, who is kinda good, but really not. Also, Adam Kaiser is there. I guess. He takes so many penalties, he spends more time sitting in the box than playing. Minnesota have some players too. Nova is decent. Strange is Strange. O'Koivu mixes potatoes with vodka. I might have done that too. Anyway, let's enjoy this shitshow on the ice while I get some Jack Daniels. Cheers.

155 words

Code:

There have been a lot of players stepping up in this series. Some might think the impact Sebastian Strange has had would be more than enough to be the MVP, but in my honest opinion, if they would have won, the MVP should go to Alonzo Garbonzo. We all know the story of this guy, he's a legend and a first ballot Hall of Famer. His impact on the ice was impressive, despite his age. Nobody expects a huge impact from him these years, but he sure as hell wanted the back to back cups. He led the defenceman in scoring with 4 goals and 13 assists for 17 points and was a powerplay quarterback with 7 points on the powerplay. Age is showing as he didn't have a lot of hits, 22 to be exact, but in this old age, his production was spectacular. Hopefully he won't slow down, but that's highly unlikely. Only time will tell.

158 words

Good evening folks and welcome to the FIFA World Cup 2018! I am your host, Casey "White Fish" Creller and we are getting ready for this magical evening of wickets, touchdowns and homeruns! Who knows what fouls the umpires will call in tonight's game between the Calgary Fireshooters and the Minnesota Raindancers. With 10 horses on the track, the opponents will look to defeat the other with a knockout or submission by way of extra point conversion. While Calgary is heavily favoured by me to ace the Chiefs, the ability by both teams to take advantage in the break point could cause a swish.

Both clubs have exceptional fullbacks but the real challenge is how they endure the fast paced chukkas. With 3 quarters and possibly an extra half or three, their stamina will be tested. Let us settle in as the opening touch back is set to begin after the ceremonial first kissing of the sheep is set to begin, here in snow, 35 degree celcius Calgary

PM Sent

Richard C. Hocolate is the clear victor when it comes to the goalie head to head. He has been a rock defensively for Calgary and has even helped offensively as well. With a GAA less than 2.5 and seeing the amount of shots he has so far these playoffs, he is required to stand on his head every game, and has done so thus far. When you need to beat a goaltender with a save pct% above .925, it is going to take some aspect of luck as well. Saying that the Chiefs need to rely on luck to beat Hocolate isn't accurate, but if Rich is at the top of his game, they won't be able to beat him without it. It won't be a surprise to see the Dragons hoisting the cup, and Hocolate adding some hardware to his trophy room as he takes home the Anton Razov trophy

[Image: 13mtGv1.jpg]

PM Sent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? Dani Forsberg

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Code:
[Image: enzBCoj.png]

Code:
pm sent

Code:

Code:
[Image: PKQyhwa.png]

Code:
pm sent

Bonus: Louie Garrett

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Code:
Welcome to Game One of the Championship between the f**king green team and the red team. This looks like Christmas out here, which is perfectly fine because I love Christmas. Doc, what is your favorite Christmas movie? I am more of a guy that loves Jingle All the Way, you know, with Arnold in it? You know that movie, you have to know that Turboman is the best character in any movie. Thank you all for having me. What town are we in again? These people look oddly weird, it certainly does not look like Buffalo. This looks like if Buffalo's people ate themselves, have they heard of weight watchers? This will be a fun game between the two teams going for the cup thingy in which I can drink out of. That is a great idea, why don't I go down there and bring up that Cup for me to drink in. Did no one think of this? Doc, have your people talk to my people and get that Cup brought up to me to drink. I need more drink, why am I being cut off!
People with the crew walk in and escort TJ Bayley off the microphone
Doc: Well, I guess we are going to have to cut a lot of that off. Welcome to ...
Quote:Words: 219
Code:
The unsung hero of the playoffs for me has to be Jonathan Lundberg of the Minnesota Chiefs. When looking at the top scorers during the season, Lundberg was 34th, that is right, 34th in all scorers. Now, fast forward to the playoffs, Lundberg is looking at 15 points in 13 games which puts him only behind Sebastian Strange who finished 12th this year in points. Now Lundberg is doing it in all facets of the ice. He has 6 goals, 9 assists, +6 and also has 41 hits. He also has 6 shots blocked which shows that he even has impact on the defensive side of the ice. He is averaging just about 22 minutes of ice time in which he fully deserves it all. One thing he will need to improve on is staying out of the penalty box. He has 12 minutes in the box which he will need to be on the ice more. This guy has been a stud for the Chiefs as they make their run towards possible back to back Challenge Cups.
Quote:Words: 178
Code:
PMed
Code:
I would say that Richard C. Hocolate has the edge in goaltending for now throughout this playoff. When you look at the numbers, Richard C. Hocolate has less losses, a better Save Percentage, a better Goals Against Average, and has faced 20 more shots than Olli O'Koivu has. That may mean that the Chiefs play better in front of O'Koivu, but that .914 save percentage is something that is definitely cringe worthy. He has also given up more goals than Richard C. Hocolate has. I would say for those reasons, Richard C. Hocolate is going to be the goalie that has the edge throughout this. Now, Minnesota is averaging more Goals For with 3.23 over 3.00, but Calgary is averaging less Goals Against. Honestly, this may come down to special teams. Calgary is leading that PK+PP which could give Richard C. Hocolate the edge yet again! Minnesota shoots the most and allows the least amount of shots, but Richard C. Hocolate will be challenged, but I think he is up to the test.
Quote:Words: 173
Code:
TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.
PMed
Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?
Joe Kurczewski

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

TASK ONE:
Doc: Hello Calgary, tonight we have a Game Seven Challenge Cup Matchup between the league’s best, the Calgary Dragons and the Minnesota Chiefs! Tonight we have a guest color commontator, Edmonton Blizzard player and formet Dragons draftee, Teddy Cuddles! Welcome Teddy!

Teddy: T-thanks Doc, its good to be here t-tonight

Doc: The Dragons took an early lead to this series but the Chiefs stormed back ti bring the Finals to a Game Seven, how donyou think the Dragons will respond to the pressure, Ted?

Teddy: The Flames will have to do a really good job playing hockey tonight... b-because the Wild are doing really good at hockey and the Flames haven’t.

Doc: Wow, thanks for that insight, Ted. It’s time for the National Anthems of Canada and the United States!

*Anthem Singer steps onto the ice, begins singing the Star Spangled Banner*

Teddy: OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEE

Doc: Teddy, what are you doing?! *Tries to mute Teddy’s microphone*

Teddy, pushing Doc out of the way: WHAT SO PROUUUUUUUUDLY WE HAILED

Doc, calling the police: 911, hi this is Doc Emrick from NBC Sports, I am repirting a case of public intoxication in the announcers box...

Teddy: WHO’S BROAD STRIPES AND BRIGHT STARSSSSSSSSS

*Police storm in and grapple Teddy to the ground, cuff Teddy and escort him out*

Teddy: O’ER THE LAAAAAAND OF THE FREEEEEEEE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAAAAAAAVE

*The door shuts*

Doc: Sorry about that guys, we had some technical difficulties, Mr. Cuddles is unable to do the color commentary tonight, I apologize.

TASK TWO: In my opinion, the unsung hero of the playoffs has to be Calgary Dragons winger, Mike Izzy. Izzy is a great powerforward for the Dragons, something that every championship team needs. Every championship team needs that grit, those hard nosed players, who will check and will put everything on the line for their team. Izzy piled up 50 hits, laying people out all over the ice during the playoffs. Izzy not only was a huge physical presence, making room for his team mates, but he was also almost a point per game and proved to be a very clutch playoff performer. Izzy had a total of 17 points in 19 games in the playoffs, with 6 goals, one of them being a game winner. He also had 11 assists, setting up playes like Dani Forsberg, who scored a lot of goals. With Izzy’s great all around preformamce, he is my unsung hero of the playoffs.

TASK FOUR: PM’ed

TASK SIX: Both goalies that are in the Challenge Cup Finals have been outstanding for their respective teams all season long, and it will be interesting the goaltending duo between the two this season. Dick Chocolate of the Calgary Dragons was the best goalie in the playoffs this season, with a .922 save percentage, truly outstanding for an STHS goalie, where goal scoring can be kind of all over the place. Olli O’Koivu of the Mimnesota Chiefs was also very good, boasting a .909 save percentage, which is still very respectable and is more than good enough to win with. Although both goalies were outstanding, Hocolate’s MVP Caliber play in the Calgary net, leading them to only 27 goals allowed in 19 games, an astounding 1.42 Goals against per game. Due to this great play bu Hocolate, the Dragons were able to ivercome the slightly worse play by O’Koivu and win a challenge cup. Both goalies probably deserved the Challenge Cup with their outstanding play, but Dick Chocolate has just a little better and led his team to glory and celebration.

TASK NINE: PM’ed

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM