Create Account

S40 Championship Week

Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The definite unsung hero of the S40 playoffs is Terrance Nova. Nova is playing out of his mind right now. We'll definitely hear the names of Sebastian Strange and Jonathan Lundberg being used in discussion of the Razov trophy, but Terrance Nova has been working hard and going unnoticed by many. Nova is playing on average 23.02 minutes a night. He has put up 6 goals and 4 assists (10 points) in his 13 games, and is a plus 7. While he's not amazing on the defensive end, he's keeping his team in it by not being on the ice too often when goals are scored. He's in the top 10 for hits, and making sure that Calgary doesn't want to keep the puck on their stick for too long.

When he shoots, he makes it count with his respectable 12.50% shooting percentage.

He's making use of the time he has, and doing what he can to put his team on top.

Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent!

Code:
TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos.

[Image: 2uz2xi9.png]

Code:
TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

Calgary's Richard C. Hocolate definitely gets the edge over Olli O'Koivu of Minnesota. Hocolate has gone 8-3-1, while O'Koivu has gone 8-5-0. While this is only the difference of 1 regulation loss and one overtime bounce, it will tell the story of the finals. Hocolate also has a .928 save percentage, while O'Koivu is very close with a .914 save percentage. Hocolate also has faced 21 more shots, despite one less game (and overtime).

Hocolate is putting in work to lead the Dragons to a championship. Hocolate is also getting a lot of help. His team has blocked 124 compared to the Chiefs blocking 109.

As a team, Minnesota has scored 13 more goals but I don't think their explosive offense will put them past the Dragons.

Not only is goaltending better on Calgary's side, so is the team around him. It will definitely be a close match up, but I see the Dragons with the edge.

Code:
TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

Sent!

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Task 4 pm'd

Task 9 pm'd

Bonus q: Joe Kurczewski

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Quote:TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

“ Hello everybody and welcome to game one of the Challenge Cup finals between the Calgary Dragons and the Minnesota Chiefs. I would like to start off by congratulating the Calgary Dragons on winning game one. ”

“ Hey fucknuts they don’t know that the Dragons won this game yet. “

“ Well if you had somewhere to be today, you might as well head there now because yes, the Calgary Dragons have won this game. You may be asking: Connor, how could you possibly know who won this game? Well let me tell you a little secret, a secret none of the head office members want you to know. The league is rigged, and the games are decided before any of you even see the results. That is right, YOU HAVE NO.......

Tackling is heard in the background

“ Hello everybody, sorry about that.. My name is Jasper Clayton and I’ll be continuing this broadcast in Connors absence. “

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the unsung hero of the season 40 SHL playoffs would have to be none other than: Esa Anrikkanen

One of if not the oldest player in the league has drank some of Michaels secret stuff for these playoffs and through the first two rounds potted 5 goals in 12 games, and that’s without mentioning the fact that he is the one who scored the game winnin goal in overtime during game seven of the series against the Winnipeg Jets.

He’s the only player on the entire Dragons roster with more than one game winning goal during these playoffs, and I’m sure he has enough in the tank to continue scoring crucial goals for his team.

He certainly won’t lead his team in points (6) but his clutch factor and experience means he will make god damn sure every one of those points matter.

Esa Anrikkanen, you may be old, but you’re not ready to kick the bucket just yet.

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

PM Sent

Quote:TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

I do not know much about goalies, but I do know one thing, and only one thing. Richard C. Hocolate, otherwise known as Dick Chocolate, is going to win the battle of the goalies in these finals purely due to the fact that arbitrary numbers from the first two rounds of the playoffs say he was better than Olli O’Koivu.

Let’s look at the hard, cold facts about these two guys.

Richard C. Hocolate: 0.928 Save percentage, 2.40 Goals Against Average.

Olli O’Koivu: 0.918 Save percentage, 2.45 Goals Against Average.

Numbers don’t lie folks. Richard C. Hocolate not only saves more shots, but also allows less goals, and allowing less goals than your opponent is a crucial part in winning hockey games.

Not only that! But Calgary has a 124.14% Goals for and against differential and Minnesota only has a measly 123.53% goals for and against differential.

Numbers don’t lie folks, Dick Chocolate is going to win Calgary this series.

Quote:TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?
4. What is the Dragons’ Jesster Award awarded for?
PM Sent

BONUS: Joe Kurczewski

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Welcome to game one of the Simulation Hockey League Finals. I do not know who hired me for this job, but just because it is called color commentary does not mean that you have to force the black guy to do it. This league is a bunch of racists. But that’s ok. I know people love the Donald Trump. He’s gonna make America grapes again. Now, are you ready for some foooootball! You know when I was a kid you watched the games on TV and there was no color. Nowadays. Nowadays it’s just is this on the utubes. Can I get that with organic Amazon Prime. I am Tor Tuck and I am starving right now. Today we have the Red Dragons and the Redskins playing. Hey do you want to race? I bet I could beat you down to the ice and back to this box. I really have to take a piss. I will be back……

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

For my unsung hero I am going to go with a classic, Sebastian Strange. Sebastian had a solid run last season and the Minnesota Chiefs took home the cup thanks partially to his efforts. There are rumors circulating that Sebastian Strange is going to hang them up this year and by the way he is leaving everything on the ice that just may be true.
Sebastian Strange is leading the league in points, so it may seem like a reach to name him the unsung hero, but as a veteran I think he deserves it. Even more impressive is that the majority of his points come from him leading the league in assists through the playoffs with an impressive 12. Sebastian Strange is not out there scoring all of the goals himself, he is setting up his teammates and allowing them to player better on the ice. Sebastian Strange is also putting up an impressive +5 in the playoffs thus far, playing against the best teams in the league.
If Strange does decide to hang them up, he gave everything he had for his last ride.

TASK FOUR: Submitted.

TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.

I think the goalie battle is going to be a tight race that plays a critical role in the success of both Calgary and Minnesota in this finals series. In the end, I am going to give the nod to Richard C. Hocolate. If Hocolate is able to pull off his continued level of play, then I think it will be enough for the Calgary Dragons to hoist the cup as champions. Through the playoffs thus far Hocolate has an impressive 92.8% save percentage narrowly beating out O’Koivu’s 91.4% save percentage. However, Hocolate has also faced more shots at an impressive 403 throughout this run.

As a team, the Calgary Dragons win when Hocolate is in the net. In the playoffs they have only lost 3 games when Hocolate is at the helm. This is better than most of the teams eliminated earlier in the playoffs. Lastly, the Chiefs have made it this far by putting up a lot of shots, 429 so far, nearly 100 more than the Dragons. I don’t think the strategy of a large quantity of shots, rather than quality ones, will be enough to beat Calgary and Hocolate.

TASK NINE: Submitted.

Bonus: Joe K.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FIVE tasks for a total of FIFTEEN uncapped TPE. There is also a bonus question (concerning the Challenge Cup finals specifically) worth 1 uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than five tasks, but you won't get the credit for anything over five.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

TASK THREE: Create a magazine cover showcasing one of the players who will be competing in the finals. Must include at least one player render, player name, a magazine title, and at least one story preview/headline.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

PM'ed

TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos.

TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S40 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. Who is the Minnesota Chiefs’ only historical winner of both the Ron Mexico and Sarmad Khan trophies?
2. Which two Western Conference teams have the Minnesota Chiefs defeated in the Finals to win Challenge Cups?
3. Who were the Dragons’ first two inductees into their team’s Hall of Fame in S6?

PM'ed

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

Quote:TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble." [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

Quote:TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos.
Quote:TASK SIX: Both of the goaltenders in the finals have put up a remarkable battle for their teams to get them this far. Between the two starting goaltenders, who wins the goalie battle, and will it be enough for them to bring their team home a Cup win? Justify your decision in at least 150 words with at least two goalie statistics and one team statistic.
TASK SEVEN: Design a comical fan sign that you might see in the stands during the Cup finals. Must include one player name, a number, team logo OR team colors, and a slogan or text.

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S40 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

Quote:TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.” [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Code:
Hello hockey fans. You may be asking yourself, ‘What are you doing here, don’t you have a game to play?’ Well, you’re right. I really shouldn’t be here. I should be down in the locker room getting ready to take the ice. But I’m not, for some reason. I’d rather talk about this great matchup we’re about to see. My Minnesota Chiefs are about to take on the team that drafted me, the Calgary Dragons. This is really a tale of two star studded teams. On one side you have greats like Sebastian Strange and Alonzo Garbanzo. On the other, a couple other household names in Randy Randleman and Joe Kurczewski. Both teams will have a lot of talent on the ice, regardless of which line is out there. It should be exciting. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go give Terrance Nova a back rub before we go out for warm ups.

Code:
I have to take my lesser known line mate, Derrick Glover. When you look at the top line of the Chiefs, you have Lundberg, Nova, and Glover. I think people know about me and Nova, but Glover isn’t a guy that gets much attention. Derrick doesn’t have the type of personality that allows him to stand out. He doesn’t play the game with a lot of flair. He’s just a really solid, consistent performer. He sees the ice really well, makes key passes, and doesn’t turn the puck over. In the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, he has just 1 goal and 4 assists. Nothing impressive, but he’s also a +8, which is the best on the team. He also contributes quite a bit on the penalty kill, putting in 26 minutes in those 13 games. These are the things that are asked of him, so that his line mates can continue to do what they do with confidence.

Code:
Did it.

Code:
Dick Chocolate has been the objectively better goaltender through the first two rounds of the playoffs. On paper, O’Koivu should be better, but he has not been playing like it. Prior to the finals, Dick had a really nice save percentage of 0.928, while O’Koivu was at a pretty good 0.914. Dick also faced more shots in fewer games, with 403 in 12 to Olli’s 382 in 13. If one goalie will have an influence, I think O’Koivu is more likely to determine the outcome of the finals. His lack of consistency is the problem. Will he play up to his potential, or will he collapse? I think Calgary’s success hinges less on the performance of their goaltender. It would take a significant collapse from Dick to cost his team the finals. I don’t think he will be the reason for their victory, but he won’t be the cause of their defeat.

Code:
Did it.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Task 3:
[Image: bhRXeU8.jpg]

Task 4: PM'd

Task 7:
[Image: WsONjza.jpg]

Task 9: PM'd

Bonus: Sebastian Strange

Bonus: Joe Kurczewski

Task 4 PM'd

Task 9 PM'd

TASK ONE:
“Well, here we are at game one of the Season Forty finals. With me here tonight is Kevin Hamilton of the Buffalo Stampede. Thanks for coming up to the booth, Kevin.”

“Well, not like I had fuck all else going on this time of year.”

“Fortunately, we are on a delay, so it looks like our censor operator was able to catch that one. I’m…guessing he’ll be vigilant this game. So soon the players will be introduced, but how do you feel about this matchup between Calgary and Minnesota?”

“Calgary and Minnesota? Haven’t we already done that?”

“Haha…yes we have. Kevin is, of course, referring to last year’s finals, which featured the same teams.”

“Oh shit, really?”

“Um…yes. So, here come the Calgary Dragons, led by Joe Kurczewski. You’ve played with him in the IIHF, haven’t you?”

“Yeah, should be practicing with him now, but he’s too busy with this shit. Remember this when Canada knocks us out again.”

TASK TWO
My pick for unsung hero is…immediately disqualified. There is kind of a self-defeating effect of naming someone most underrated or an unsung hero, they no longer meet the criteria, for the have now had their praises sung. Oh well. I wanna talk about Dick Skillstedt. Of all players in the Challenge Cup, Skillstedt is the only forward to CAUSE more disruption than he receives. What do I mean by this? Well, hitting another player takes them out of the game a moment, which is nice, but not so if you keep getting hit right back. After dealing out 34 hits (he only averaged 16.6 minutes/game), he only took another 10 in return, the best ratio of all players in the Challenge Cup. On top of that, Skillstedt only spent 10 minutes in penalties. In fairness, Skillstedt was one of 3 players to have more hits given out than penalties and hits taken combined, but where Mike Izzy and Jonathan Lundberg barely cleared the mark, Skillstedt cleared it by 70%, a ridiculous amount.

TASK SIX
At least two goalie statistics? That’s like…all of them. All right. I think the better goalie was Richard C. Hocolate. For the first stat, I will use number of championships won in Season 40 (1-0). Okay, that’s pretty cheap, but let’s look at how he did in the playoffs. One of the first things that caught my attention was that despite playing fewer games (18 to O’Koivo’s 20) and minutes (1143 to 1225), Hocolate faced more shots, 627 to 623. That’s a difference of almost 4 extra shots a game. However, despite facing more shots (and a lot more frequently) Hocolate allowed fewer goals, 49 to 57. It’s not like we have to bust out the calculator to see who was more efficient here. Everyone else come up with “the guy who faced more shots but allowed less scoring?” Yeah, me too. No wonder Hocolate walked away with more wins, 12-11 (and, keeping with the theme, in fewer games as well).

BONUS QUESTION: FUCK! Shoulda done that one sooner.

Scramble and Trivia PM'd.

Quote:[b]TASK ONE: Your player has been invited to do color commentary for Game 1 of the Finals. (Un)fortunately, your player’s decided to drink a bit before making this guest appearance. In at least 150 words, write a transcript of the opening commentary of the game and your player’s introduction.[/b]

Quote:[b]TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Word Scramble."[/b]
PM'd

Quote:[b]TASK FIVE: Create an infographic breaking down and comparing the teams’ performances for one of the games of the finals. Must include at least five sim statistics and both team logos. [/b]

Quote:[b]TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. Please make the subject of the message “CW Trivia.”[/b]
PM'd

Quote:[b]Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?[/b]
Dr. Dizzy, i mean Louie Garrett

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

TASK ONE
We've got a guest analyst for today's call, today we have Edmonton Blizzard forward Tigole Bitties joining the broadcast.

”It's so lovely being here Pierre, it's a great time and day for hockey! I love you guys!”

Well, we love you too Tigole! What's your take on what's happened here so far in the 1st?

”Well these two teamsh are really throwing all they have at eachothers. Itsh a great matchup sho far and I am exshited to shee where itsh going to lead and who'sh going to win the Challenge Cup.”

Anyone in particular standing out to you today Tigole?

Well, it's looking to me like they're all shtanding out there, there's not many of them sitting down on the ishe, Pierre.

That's not really what I was referenc- nevermind, Tigole. Any predictions for the result of today's game?

”Yeah, I am going to have a hangover as a result.

Well that's enough analysis for today! Thanks Tigole.

TASK TWO
In regards to the “unsung hero” of this Challenge Cup playoff run, I've gotta go with the Calgary Dragons' Mike Izzy. Mike Izzy put up 10 points through 12 games played while mixing his strong dominating offensive play with hard nosed physicality (24 hits, 19 hits taken) while not playing on the Calgary top line. He's only a point short of leading the postseason in scoring from his position, outpaced by only Corey Bearss who had two more games played than Izzy. Bearss, incidentally, led the team that the Calgary Dragons dispatched of in the second round in overtime of Game 7. Izzy is also playing some strong defensive play, tallying more blocked shots than any other Dragons forward throughout this postseason push. I could easily see Mike Izzy's efforts going underappreciated, but certainly playing a HUGE role for the Calgary Dragons if they end up capturing the S40 Challenge Cup.

TASK FOUR
PM'd.

TASK SEVEN
[Image: KY359EG.jpg]

TASK NINE
PM'd.

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)
Dani Forsberg

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Bearss: Welcome…ya bunch of hosers. You all lost in the playoffs, or didn’t even make it in. what a sad bunch. Poor jets, eliminated in the conference finals again. God damn western teams.

Ron: Hey ahhh, there Bearss. Are ya ok there, bud?

Bearss: ahhhh ….hiccup.. sure. I’m Corey Bearss, Forward of the mighty Jets. I guess I’m here because I lost a stinking bet. Adam Kaiser of the Dragons seem to have beaten us…now I have to sing his praises, and the Dragons.

Ron: ok, well why don’t you do that.

Bearss: I’ve had enough of you, Ronald. Make yourself useful and pour me another drink, would ya. OKAY! On one end of the pitch you have the … Minnesota Chiefs. Ok, the Chiefs. Who did they beat.. they beat, wessst Kendal Platoon 4-2…oh as an upset. Okay, and then beat…Hamilton Steelhawks 4-3. And that brings them here. Goalie Olli O’Koivu has played great. Strange has lead the way with 17 points in 13 games. That brings them here against the great, wonderful superhuman Adam Kaiser and the Calgary Dragons. Dragons beat… bring that screen closer I can’t read it. Why are there 3 of them. Dragons beat, Texas 4-1, and the Jets 4-3. Cripes they beat us did they? I can’t believe it. Dick Chocolate has played unreal, and the Dragons were lead by Joe Kurczewski with 14 points in 12 games.

There you have it. Queue the music… play ball!
[243 words]

Adam Kaiser is my choice for unsung hero of the playoffs. Playoff hockey is a different animal. The Calgary Dragons were missing a #1 defenseman, and they acquired that this season when Kaiser signed on as a free agent. Now Kaiser may not be filling up the score sheet with points, but he is doing his job shutting down the opposing teams best players. He does that through his physical style of play. Kaiser has 45 hits through 12 games. Ouch. I’d be scared. I was scared. That’s why the Jets lost. Kaiser plants that seed of doubt to go chase that puck in the corner and do the dirty work, because those sharp elbows are coming for you. The man has a rifle as well, with 33 shots on net through 12 games, he doesn’t have goals but he is playing the rebound game quite well to set up his team mates for the tap in. Without Kaiser, I don’t think the Dragons past the Jets and into the finals.
[171 words]

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals.

ANSWERS PM'd TO PRIS - MAY 3

The goalie battles in the playoffs get pretty heated. Dick Chocolate stands tall between the pipes for the Calgary Dragons, while Olli O’Koivu is the tender for the Minnesota Cheifs. A lot of series can be persuaded by the special teams play. For the Goal Tenders, lets look at the penalty kill situation. Dick Chocolate and the Dragons have the edge with a 85.37% Penalty Kill, versus the 75.68% Penalty Kill that Olli O’Koivu and the Chiefs put up.

Lets compare the 2 goalies:

Save percentage:
Dick Chocolate = .928
Olli O’Koivu = 0.914

Goals Against Average
Dick Chocolate = 2.40
Olli O’Koivu = 2.45

Shut Outs
Dick Chocolate = 1
Olli O’Koivu = 1

It’s a close call, but with the team that the Calgary puts out to protect the net, and with Dick Chocolates personal performance the edge goes towards Dick Chocolate and the Dragons. But, with the Chiefs putting up more shots, and allowing less shots against – this could be the difference maker to sway into the favour of O’Koivu and the Chiefs.
[176 words]

ANSWERS PM'D TO PRIS MAY 3.

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? Adam Kaiser

TASK THREE:
[Image: k03EGln.png]

TASK FOUR:
PMed.

TASK FIVE:
[Image: KexJwP5.png]

TASK SIX:
Both Richard C. Hocolate (Calgary Dragons) and Olli O'Koivu (Minnesota Chiefs) put up a strong effort to get their teams to the finals, but in the end Hocolate and his team were able to come out on top. The two had a remarkably similar path to the finals, playing 19 and 20 games each, and facing a very similar number of shots - 627 for Hocolate and 623 for O'Koivu. Each had one shutout along the way. But in the end, Hocolate's stats look much better - he has a very solid .922 Save Percentage to finish out the post-season, while O'Koivu's 0.909 only puts him fourth among goalies in the playoffs. Both teams scored very similarly - 3.16 (CAL) and 3.15 (MIN) goals per game, so in the end it was the defense that let the Chiefs down - espcialliy on the Penalty Kill, were the team had a rather sad 72.06% kill rate. The Chiefs will need to figure out how to kill off penalties next season if they want to win another cup before some of their top stars retire.
Code:
179 characters

TASK NINE:
PMed.

Bonus question: Halfdan Thorstein

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Code:
1. avoopktsmmsia
2. kdiogdaaser
3. cujzirkeekows
4. srkovoobhdfireo

PM'd

Code:

PM'd

Code:
Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, [u]even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.[/u])

Louis Garrett

[Image: minadsslatt.png]