Create Account

NHL 2004 Sim League Possibility?

Jumping off on the work that I did to put the SHL into the NHL 2004 engine, and considering what the SHL is about and how it is unlikely if not impossible for the sim to end up migrating to NHL 2004, I am considering starting a sim league with NHL 2004 as the engine for which all games would be played.

Scope: The season would be fairly short, to allow for some down time between sims (as it isn't instantaneous to make the sim results happen and the increased demand for time on the computer at regular times will necessitate some off days). Also because of the amount of customization that is required for a single team, the number of teams would be between 2-4 to begin. Also it would be about as casual as can be for a sim league. Not SHL casual, and certainly not VHL casual.

Likely Rules: If I would be the founder of said league, I would not want to commit too much time to the league as I have a full-time job, miscellaneous activities I am responsible for, and the SHL which is my first sim league (other than my GMC league in NHL 13 and 14 which was probably the most fun I had with a sim league ever) and the biggest usage of my time. This means I would likely adopt a GOMHL approach. You show up, you post an activity check, you get the majority of the TPE. Probably no bank. Just keep it simple.

Current Status: Currently taking a survey and seeing who would be interested and if there are those who would be interested in taking an administrative role in the league (commissioners, GMs, updaters, etc.). This is in its infancy so there is no guarantee this moves forward with anything more than this thread.

<div align="center">Videos for Reference
S40 | Challenge Cup Finals Game 4 | Calgary @ Minnesota
S41 | Exhibition Game 1 | Los Angeles @ San Francisco
S41 | Exhibition Game 2 | Calgary @ Texas
S41 | Exhibition Game 3 | Hamilton @ Toronto
S41 | Exhibition Game 4 | Toronto @ New England
</div>

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

This sounds 🔥 would love to be in this league

For something casual and easy like gomhl I'd probably be down.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

This sounds interesting, also interested in your GMC leagues in new NHLs you mentioned..

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]